Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted Shadow is a precedent for improving exalted forms.

selig_fay

I'm very interested in Sevagoth 4, not because I like Sevagoth, but because you've shown that its Exalted Shadow can be configured separately and have its own abilities. At the moment, we have Pulverize, Razorwing, Undertow, and Rumbled, which cannot be configured separately and do not have their own abilities, giving very limited functionality. Also, I think Effigy and Celestial Twin can benefit from this too (at least from the extra setting). I want to bring up this discussion because exalted forms now feels more like a limitation of gameplay rather than an increase.

9 hours ago, Leqesai said:

The first thing I thought when seeing the exalted shadow was, "Jeez... This is how I imagined Equinox to work... two separate frames in one..."

This please. Equinox is literally two frames merged into one. If Savagoth gets an alternate moddable form then this should happen.

9 hours ago, selig_fay said:

I'm very interested in Sevagoth 4, not because I like Sevagoth, but because you've shown that its Exalted Shadow can be configured separately and have its own abilities. At the moment, we have Pulverize, Razorwing, Undertow, and Rumbled, which cannot be configured separately and do not have their own abilities, giving very limited functionality. Also, I think Effigy and Celestial Twin can benefit from this too (at least from the extra setting). I want to bring up this discussion because exalted forms now feels more like a limitation of gameplay rather than an increase.

I think Titania with Razorwing would make sense, since its another "Transformation" of the frame itself, but I'm not sure about the others.

Pulverize and Undertow are so restrictive in function that I don't see a reason to have seperate mod states. Rumbled shouldn't be augment dependent to have another mod set. The rest is more like a "summon" that you have little control over. I would like to see all of these get buffs and better functionality, but separate mod sets seems overbearing for what they actually do.

6 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

It could also be the herald of removing statsticks entirely... maybe?

I want to love Khora, Gara, and Atlas.  But I haaaaaate having a gimped melee.

Khora is strong enough that you don't need to go full stat stick on her. Before DE ruined her with LoS I would run a kinda hybrid stat stick thing on some builds. I'd just have to fit condition overload, attack speed and range in there somewhere. It wasn't the most optimized build for regular melee or stat stick but good enough to function as either and was a lot more fun to play imo. 

12 hours ago, selig_fay said:

we have Pulverize, Razorwing, Undertow, and Rumbled, which cannot be configured separately and do not have their own abilities, giving very limited functionality. 

-Pulverize is literally becoming a ball though, what else can you really do other than bounce?

- Titania, sure, though Razorwing is already pretty damn strong as it is: it works with Aviator, you're a smaller target anyway and Dex Pixia are incredibly strong weapons too.

- Hydroid should definitely get some treatment though. I like his kit, and casting while as a puddle is ok, but having different powers in puddle form wouldn't be a bad thing.

- Rumbled should have been part of Atlas' kit form the start, replacing his rubbish Tectonics. his powers in that form could the usual landslide punches, a ranged rock throw, a powerful smash and as an ultimate, the ability to crate a fracture in the ground simulating an earthquake, knocking down enemeis and constantly damaging them over time. 

12 hours ago, selig_fay said:

Effigy and Celestial Twin

Effigy should be allowed to seek out targets independently, or act like an Exalted Sentinel that stays by Chroma's side. Celestial Twin doesn't really need that much of a buff, it's already super strong with infinite duration, and since it uses the opposite weapon type to you (gun or melee), the mods on your other weapons have an effect anyhow. 

5 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Equinox should be given the wuclone treatment, for the augment at least.

agreed, Duality is nowhere near as good as it should be, though I think Equinox' dual form is already done pretty well: the powers for both forms are different, the only real upside would be if you wanted say, strength build for day powers, and a range build for night powers or something. in that context it would make sense. 

6 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Titania, sure, though Razorwing is already pretty damn strong as it is: it works with Aviator, you're a smaller target anyway and Dex Pixia are incredibly strong weapons too.

First, any frame can use aviator. All you have to do is just press the jump button. The Aviator works the same way as the Wisp invisibility, so you keep getting DR for a while after you land.

If the hitbox really worked, we wouldn't need an aviator. The problem is that it doesn't work, because the hitbox is a nightmare for humans, but not for AI. Mobs can still turn you into a sieve. A small hitbox is needed more so that we do not crash into narrow corridors every second. But it doesn't do much work for the defense. And yes, I don't play the turret. 

And no, the Dex Pixia is not a powerful weapon. This weapon is just above the phaedra level. You need a lot of strength, arcane pistoleer and arcane precision and razorwing blitz for this to work on arbitrage. But you can make the same investment in roar and ogris to burn everything to the ground with greater efficiency. And the Dex pixia can never be better at 1-target damage than sniper rifles. Add in the fact that the Dex Pixia is a shotgun, because it really has a large spread and you always lose damage at medium range. 

Just do not forget about the problem of pets. The right pets can boost your damage (and the team's damage) a lot. You lose pets in razorwing = you lose potential damage. 

But it doesn't matter now. Most of the game can be played without abilities. Razorwing is no exception. Titania is subtle, but the "just jump" rule works well for her, too. It's more of a big problem now that people don't play Titania. People only play razorwing. If Titania has separate abilities from razorwing, it could change a lot. Also, I think that many people are waiting for an adequate system of spawn and control of butterflies. 

Oh, sorry about the wall of text. I can talk a lot about it.

23 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

If Titania has separate abilities from razorwing, it could change a lot. Also, I think that many people are waiting for an adequate system of spawn and control of butterflies. 

This is a good explanaition for why Titania Razorwing should get her own mods/abilities. The wall of text is fine, I read it all. Solid point about pet damage abilities too!

Archived