Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 30 Test

VJSZTHOMAS

Question

So the MR30 test is not even close to what most people say. I never had real struggles with any of the MR tests, tbf I looked up builds before... but in this case I'm really stuck. Furthest I got was the 5th Stage with 7/8 bosses and life support jumping between 5 and 10.

Mesa even upgrated to her full potential is still weak to incoming damage and knockdowns. After Stage 3 I'm more of a football than an actual threat. I'm using energy restore but that doesn't solve my problem. Same problems with Saryn. I love Bramma but this map is the worst place to use it. I tried it with Wukong, but I'm still not getting life support in time.

The life support always runs out at the worst moment possible even if I nuke the entire map.

5 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Also in that vid, what took you so long? 😛

With regards to your comment about a pro showing it done with other frames, you literally only need a strong melee to gather life support and kill the bosses. Bringing a weapon to deal with the arbi drone helps as well. Pretty sure any frame can easily do the test though.

I had too much air sitting around, I had to visually pick out the right icon thing I needed to find and click on for the next level, well that's my excuse.

Edit:
Haha I just re watched the video and noticed I left the first level up air support charge there for ages on that low platform. :facepalm: 

1 minute ago, VJSZTHOMAS said:

Are there any more frame alternatives?

Mesa is dealing more damage to my plat than to the enemies at this point. Primed Target Cracker is 80p at best right now and I don't even want to look up the arcanes.

You're MR 29 and never bought Primed Target Cracker and  Primed Pistol Gambit from Baro Ki'Teer wow, anyway onward bound we go.

There is another thread around here somewhere that a player had trouble with the test there were a few different Warframes and builds in there, just gotta find it.

In the meantime go here and look at the MR30 test Videos, this dude knows his stuff. Not Es-Flinter

Found it:
Here is the thread for the other player having trouble, it seems to ramp up at this page. Forum Post 

4 minutes ago, VJSZTHOMAS said:

Out of primed mods I have Fury and Sure footed and I think that's all... Out of the mentioned arcanes I probably have 1 out of each, so yeah, if Mesa only works with these I'm pretty much screwed.

It will work without them but you will have to work harder for your kills and your DPS will be lower. Things like Zenurik focus for energy upkeep, Arcane Energize, Arcane Velocity and Primed Target Cracker and Primed Pistol Gambit etc will trivialize the test. At MR 30 it's kind've expected you'd have most of this stuff. You can go in and beat the test with just a strong melee on any frame and beyblading everything to death but again you just have to work harder for it.

Another thing equip the sentinel  WYRM/Prime with the mod Crowd Dispersion it will throw enemies ragdoll style off the map which also counts as a kill.

Crowd Dispersion It will ragdoll them off the map. 

• Has a 15-second cooldown.
  • Activates even from Stealth.
  • Wyrm only activates this ability if there are 2 or more enemies within range.
  • Deals Magnetic b.png Magnetic damage and ragdolls.
  • Gives the Sentinel 25 experience for activating this ability.

Fun fact: Do not use WYRM's precept  Crowd Dispersion doing a POE bounty rescue stage because when you land to near the enemies it ragdolls them across the map and makes it real hard to defuse the bomb until you kill them all once you find them, yes personal experience it was funny as hell. 

17 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

You're MR 29 and never bought Primed Target Cracker and  Primed Pistol Gambit from Baro Ki'Teer wow, anyway onward bound we go.

There is another thread around here somewhere that a player had trouble with the test there were a few different Warframes and builds in there, just gotta find it.

In the meantime go here and look at the MR30 test Videos, this dude knows his stuff. Not Es-Flinter

Found it:
Here is the thread for the other player having trouble, it seems to ramp up at this page. Forum Post 

Thanks, I'll check this out!

5 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Another thing equip the sentinel  WYRM/Prime with the mod Crowd Dispersion it will throw enemies ragdoll style off the map which also counts as a kill.

Crowd Dispersion It will ragdoll them off the map. 

Fun fact: Do not use WYRM's precept  Crowd Dispersion doing a POE bounty rescue stage because when you land to near the enemies it ragdolls them across the map and makes it real hard to defuse the bomb until you kill them all once you find them, yes personal experience it was funny as hell. 

Also this, I was wondering if there's something to have as a helpful companion.

1 hour ago, VJSZTHOMAS said:

Also this, I was wondering if there's something to have as a helpful companion.

Hmm I just tried it, I don't think WYRM actually works in the Test, I didn't notice it kick any to the curb. :(

Did a Benny Hill style MR30 test with Mesa to show you.

If I had the Benny Hill music at the time I would have added it, damn I was bad but it shows if an old fart like with all thumbs can do it anyone can, I'm sure a pro will be along soon to show you how to do it easier and with other frames. :tongue:

Edit:
I think starting at 1:10 it kicked someone off the map but not sure and I didn't get enough enemies together at the right time to kick in though you can hear the sound that mod makes when it does boot an enemy away from you, I just didn't see it.

37 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Hmm I just tried it, I don't think WYRM actually works in the Test, I didn't notice it kick any to the curb. :(

Did a Benny Hill style MR30 test with Mesa to show you.

If I had the Benny Hill music at the time I would have added it, damn I was bad but it shows if an old fart like with all thumbs can do it anyone can, I'm sure a pro will be along soon to show you how to do it easier and with other frames. :tongue:

Edit:
I think starting at 1:10 it kicked someone off the map but not sure and I didn't get enough enemies together at the right time to kick in though you can hear the sound that mod makes when it does boot an enemy away from you, I just didn't see it.

Your Benny Hill will not beat my little elephant song on the "old fart" mode video I posted in that other thread 😁

You can use Wukong's defy to yeet bosses off the map but it's just easier and quicker to kill them. 

4 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

If I knew how to add the Benny Hill to it I would. :) 

Also in that vid, what took you so long? 😛

With regards to your comment about a pro showing it done with other frames, you literally only need a strong melee to gather life support and kill the bosses. Bringing a weapon to deal with the arbi drone helps as well. Pretty sure any frame can easily do the test though.

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

oh no doubt it's the first thing I pointed out to him but MR 30 is a gear check and in my opinion, he doesn't have it.

Out of primed mods I have Fury and Sure footed and I think that's all... Out of the mentioned arcanes I probably have 1 out of each, so yeah, if Mesa only works with these I'm pretty much screwed.

Update on the Mesa thing:

I traded for a Rank 5 Arcane Velocity, while it doesn't seem faster at first glance, it mows the heavies faster. How much faster? I got it done in practice with 1 sec left in the counter.

I dropped the Bramma and Melee tactic and swapped to Boltor Prime for some punchture on the bosses. I know it is probably not the best option, but I'm really bad with snipers and I wanted something automatic.

While mowing them down is not a hard task, the normal (blue) enemies still have low drop chance on the capsules, which turns the boss section of Stage 5 into a race.

Now I'll look for an option to win more time on the counter, because that 1 sec is really my luck. It will be either one of the primed pistol mods or another weapon change.

Practice run before doing the real thing: 43secs left on the timer while there are like 4-5 capsules around the map

Real thing: Only 1 drop of a capsule proceeds to fall into the abyss

This is the most frustrating mission...

If you make a Khora that can do Steel Path Survival (with no pads) or ESO, then this frame will pass the MR30 test. Although, this is a very expensive way to pass the test as Khora makes heavy use of her companions and Deconstructor (all of which need forma!).

Here's my approach with my unusual Naramon Khora build (tweak as needed)... this is a practice test. I'm fake!

Spoiler

Although, in hindsight, I think I would sacrifice some range for Rapid Resilience. The Electricity and Fire procs are awful. In this video, I use an Operator arcane to heal myself instantly (I forget which).

When I take the real test months from now, I will probably use Rapid Resilience in place of Stretch.

I punched everything with Baruuk. He almost unkillable between having his 3 and 4 up and his 4 deletes pretty much everything. I took my Fulmin and Zaw because I know both weapons well and can always rely on them.

My build isnt all that newbie friendly though. I use primed and umbral mods and I'm up 13 forma between the frame and exalted weapon, but once I have him up and going the only barrier is how long I can do a mission for.

One thing I will advise is try and keep near the central pillar on the map. Everything rushes towards you and you're not chasing crap.

Victory! I finally beat the test in qualified version. Once I mowed down that Nox, I knew this will be the one. Thanks for everyone who replied and helped me, you're awesome! For anyone reading this who struggles with same test here's the final build:

Mesa Prime:

Pistol amp, No exilus

Augur Message, Augur Secrets, Narrow Minded, Fleeting Expertise

Coaction Drift, Umbral Intensify, Umbral Vitality, Continuity

Arcane Grace R4, and Arcane Velocity R5

Regulators:

Target Cracker, Pistol Gambit, Barrel Diffusion, Hornet Strike

Frostbite, Lethal Torrent, Pistol Pestielence, Augur Pact

40 minutes ago, VJSZTHOMAS said:

Victory! I finally beat the test in qualified version. Once I mowed down that Nox, I knew this will be the one. Thanks for everyone who replied and helped me, you're awesome! For anyone reading this who struggles with same test here's the final build:

Mesa Prime:

Pistol amp, No exilus

Arcane Grace R4, and Arcane Velocity R5

Regulators:

Frostbite, Lethal Torrent, Pistol Pestielence, Augur Pact

Congratulations, oOopy.gif see all things are possible after awhile, practice makes perfect.  

Not sure if anyone has suggested this previously, but I just completed this today using wukong prime with eclipse (vs. primal fury). I used kuva bramma, nukor, and kronen prime w/healing return. The dmg bonus from eclipse made the bramma insanely powerful for my twin and mobs/bosses just melted. Plus, used cloud walk to get to/from the tricky life totems. Hope this helps.

2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I thought you said you had the builds already. Instead of just copying a build and learning nothing, why don't you show me YOUR builds and I will explain to you why it isn't working. It is either your build or your playstyle so let's start with seeing your Mesa build and your Peacemaker build.

First of all, I didn't say that it's MY build, I'm open to new ideas especially when I'm stuck. Secondly, I didn't just copy it to "learn nothing", someone recommended it to me. Since I'm not a Mesa main I wouldn't say that I have a "playstyle" other than spamming abilities.

Mesa Prime:

Pistol amp, No exilus

Arcane Grace R4

Regulators:

Magnum Force, Lethal Torrent, Augur Pact

I had trouble with Nyx, barely succeeded with Khora, and comfortably won with Revenant and a decent glaive build. So I would recommend using Revenant due to his survivability, stun immunity, and CC. Basically keep your 2 up at all times, use 1 to convert the strongest enemies to fight for you, and use your weapons to kill stuff.

Edit: For the life support side, only get the capsules if you need them. (note that the big ones give 35%) Otherwise, you should leave them until you actually need them.

Archived