Jump to content
  • 0

Mastery Rank 30 Test


VJSZTHOMAS
 Share

Question

So the MR30 test is not even close to what most people say. I never had real struggles with any of the MR tests, tbf I looked up builds before... but in this case I'm really stuck. Furthest I got was the 5th Stage with 7/8 bosses and life support jumping between 5 and 10.

Mesa even upgrated to her full potential is still weak to incoming damage and knockdowns. After Stage 3 I'm more of a football than an actual threat. I'm using energy restore but that doesn't solve my problem. Same problems with Saryn. I love Bramma but this map is the worst place to use it. I tried it with Wukong, but I'm still not getting life support in time.

The life support always runs out at the worst moment possible even if I nuke the entire map.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0

I had trouble with Nyx, barely succeeded with Khora, and comfortably won with Revenant and a decent glaive build. So I would recommend using Revenant due to his survivability, stun immunity, and CC. Basically keep your 2 up at all times, use 1 to convert the strongest enemies to fight for you, and use your weapons to kill stuff.

Edit: For the life support side, only get the capsules if you need them. (note that the big ones give 35%) Otherwise, you should leave them until you actually need them.

Edited by _Tormex_
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
46 minutes ago, VJSZTHOMAS said:

So the MR30 test is not even close to what most people say. I never had real struggles with any of the MR tests, tbf I looked up builds before... but in this case I'm really stuck. Furthest I got was the 5th Stage with 7/8 bosses and life support jumping between 5 and 10.

Mesa even upgrated to her full potential is still weak to incoming damage and knockdowns. After Stage 3 I'm more of a football than an actual threat. I'm using energy restore but that doesn't solve my problem. Same problems with Saryn. I love Bramma but this map is the worst place to use it. I tried it with Wukong, but I'm still not getting life support in time.

The life support always runs out at the worst moment possible even if I nuke the entire map.

I can't speak for Mesa as I did it with Xaku. With Xaku I had absolutely no issues with the MR test. 

With my Xaku I go full range+duration+power strength in that order. You can strip armor really easily with his 3 and drop most of the enemies while you just zoom around snagging life support. I added Spectrorage to my Xaku as well for more energy drops and an additional layer of CC. 

As far as I can tell this is as close to cheesing the mission as I've found. 

Here is a quick guide on a Saryn build:

 

And here is the only Xaku video I could find (with a much less effective setup than I described above but it works too)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
41 minutes ago, _Tormex_ said:

I had trouble with Nyx, barely succeeded with Khora, and comfortably won with Revenant and a decent glaive build. So I would recommend using Revenant due to his survivability, stun immunity, and CC. Basically keep your 2 up at all times, use 1 to convert the strongest enemies to fight for you, and use your weapons to kill stuff.

Edit: For the life support side, only get the capsules if you need them. (note that the big ones give 35%) Otherwise, you should leave them until you actually need them.

I tried turning the stronger ones, but they are just looking at each other doing no damage. I'd save capsules but that is my problem I don't get enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
22 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

I can't speak for Mesa as I did it with Xaku. With Xaku I had absolutely no issues with the MR test. 

With my Xaku I go full range+duration+power strength in that order. You can strip armor really easily with his 3 and drop most of the enemies while you just zoom around snagging life support. I added Spectrorage to my Xaku as well for more energy drops and an additional layer of CC. 

As far as I can tell this is as close to cheesing the mission as I've found. 

Here is a quick guide on a Saryn build:

 

And here is the only Xaku video I could find (with a much less effective setup than I described above but it works too)

 

I already looked up Saryn builds... same thing with Mesa. I tried the Xaku build from the vid but I'm getting wrecked even though I'm tossing out all the energy restores I can.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
Just now, VJSZTHOMAS said:

What build is this? I've tried a bunch of different ones for Mesa, but I always end up with no capsules.

I thought you said you had the builds already. Instead of just copying a build and learning nothing, why don't you show me YOUR builds and I will explain to you why it isn't working. It is either your build or your playstyle so let's start with seeing your Mesa build and your Peacemaker build.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I thought you said you had the builds already. Instead of just copying a build and learning nothing, why don't you show me YOUR builds and I will explain to you why it isn't working. It is either your build or your playstyle so let's start with seeing your Mesa build and your Peacemaker build.

First of all, I didn't say that it's MY build, I'm open to new ideas especially when I'm stuck. Secondly, I didn't just copy it to "learn nothing", someone recommended it to me. Since I'm not a Mesa main I wouldn't say that I have a "playstyle" other than spamming abilities.

 

Mesa Prime:

Pistol amp, No exilus

Augur Message, Augur Secrets, Narrow Minded, Fleeting Expertise

Coaction Drift, Umbral Intensify, Umbral Vitality, Continuity

Arcane Grace R4

Regulators:

Target Cracker, Pistol Gambit, Barrel Diffusion, Hornet Strike

Magnum Force, Lethal Torrent, Augur Pact

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
6 minutes ago, VJSZTHOMAS said:

First of all, I didn't say that it's MY build, I'm open to new ideas especially when I'm stuck. Secondly, I didn't just copy it to "learn nothing", someone recommended it to me. Since I'm not a Mesa main I wouldn't say that I have a "playstyle" other than spamming abilities.

 

Mesa Prime:

Pistol amp, No exilus

Augur Message, Augur Secrets, Narrow Minded, Fleeting Expertise

Coaction Drift, Umbral Intensify, Umbral Vitality, Continuity

Arcane Grace R4

Regulators:

Target Cracker, Pistol Gambit, Barrel Diffusion, Hornet Strike

Magnum Force, Lethal Torrent, Augur Pact

Well I can see your problem, you have no elemental combo on your peacemakers and the build is weak. Try modding for Corrosive or Viral and then go in there again. 
Primed Target Cracker, Primed Pistol Gambit, Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, Anemic Agility, Primed Heated Charge, Corrosive 90% elementals or Viral 60% status elementals combo.

Mesa build is ok, I prefer Streamline over Fleeting Expertise so I have more duration for Shatter Shield. Your arcanes are bad, you want Arcane Energize and Velocity. 

You're MR 29 and not using Primed mods, unless you're just not writing them as such? You really should be using Primed mods.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 minute ago, VJSZTHOMAS said:

First of all, I didn't say that it's MY build, I'm open to new ideas especially when I'm stuck. Secondly, I didn't just copy it to "learn nothing", someone recommended it to me. Since I'm not a Mesa main I wouldn't say that I have a "playstyle" other than spamming abilities.

 

Mesa Prime:

Pistol amp, No exilus

Augur Message, Augur Secrets, Narrow Minded, Fleeting Expertise

Coaction Drift, Umbral Intensify, Umbral Vitality, Continuity

Arcane Grace R4

Regulators:

Target Cracker, Pistol Gambit, Barrel Diffusion, Hornet Strike

Magnum Force, Lethal Torrent, Augur Pact

One you have no elemental on your Regulators put viral on it works well.

Drop Augur Pact and add Anemic Agility DPS will be better than a small damge increase.

Do you have Arcane Velocity on your Warframe? if you even have one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
7 minutes ago, VJSZTHOMAS said:

First of all, I didn't say that it's MY build, I'm open to new ideas especially when I'm stuck. Secondly, I didn't just copy it to "learn nothing", someone recommended it to me. Since I'm not a Mesa main I wouldn't say that I have a "playstyle" other than spamming abilities.

 

Mesa Prime:

Pistol amp, No exilus

Augur Message, Augur Secrets, Narrow Minded, Fleeting Expertise

Coaction Drift, Umbral Intensify, Umbral Vitality, Continuity

Arcane Grace R4

Regulators:

Target Cracker, Pistol Gambit, Barrel Diffusion, Hornet Strike

Magnum Force, Lethal Torrent, Augur Pact

Do you really not have elements on you regulators, slap on corrosive or really anything

 

are you using your 2/3 for defense on mesa aswell, plus you cant just press your 4 and stand in one spot you should be jumping around and moving when you can to go to enemies

Edited by -QueenUnicorn-
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 minute ago, Slayer-. said:

One you have no elemental on your Regulators put viral on it works well.

Drop Augur Pact and add Anemic Agility DPS will be better than a small damge increase.

Do you have Arcane Velocity on your Warframe? if you even have one.

I'm still looking at there being no primed mods...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Well I can see your problem, you have no elemental combo on your peacemakers and the build is weak. Try modding for Corrosive or Viral and then go in there again. 
Primed Target Cracker, Primed Pistol Gambit, Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, Anemic Agility, Primed Heated Charge, Corrosive or Viral combo.

Mesa build is ok, I prefer Streamline over Fleeting Expertise so I have more duration for Shatter Shield. Your arcanes are bad, you want Arcane Energize and Velocity. 

You're MR 29 and not using Primed mods, unless you're just not writing them as such? You really should be using Primed mods.

 

20 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

One you have no elemental on your Regulators put viral on it works well.

Drop Augur Pact and add Anemic Agility DPS will be better than a small damge increase.

Do you have Arcane Velocity on your Warframe? if you even have one.

Does on Arcane Velocity make the difference? If not, is there a "cheaper" build?

Edit: I already tried Viral one the Regulators before this build - had basicly the same results

Edit: spelling

Edited by VJSZTHOMAS
spelling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
5 minutes ago, VJSZTHOMAS said:

 

Does on Arcane Velocity make the difference? If not, is there a "cheaper" build?

Edit: I already tried Viral on the Regulators before this build - had basicly the same results

You're not using Primed mods on your regulators, you kinda need to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
12 minutes ago, VJSZTHOMAS said:

 

Does on Arcane Velocity make the difference? If not, is there a "cheaper" build?

What I should have said is do you have a complete r5 one.

Though even a r0 will give you 'On Critical Hit: 15% chance Fire Rate to Pistols for 2s' which is a problem you only get ii for 2s where a r5 is at least 9 seconds and you can do heaps of damage in that time and reactivate it by getting more headshots.

Edit:
Do you have a r5 Arcane Precision?
'On Headshot: 100% chance for +300% Damage to Pistols for 18s'

 

Edited by Slayer-.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
8 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I'm still looking at there being no primed mods...

Prime crit mods alone on a DPS frame will make a huge difference and add an elementals with firerate, Mesa will be right at home then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Are there any more frame alternatives?

Mesa is dealing more damage to my plat than to the enemies at this point. Primed Target Cracker is 80p at best right now and I don't even want to look up the arcanes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
14 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Prime crit mods alone on a DPS frame will make a huge difference and add an elementals with firerate, Mesa will be right at home then.

oh no doubt it's the first thing I pointed out to him but MR 30 is a gear check and in my opinion, he doesn't have it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

oh no doubt it's the first thing I pointed out to him but MR 30 is a gear check and in my opinion, he doesn't have it.

Out of primed mods I have Fury and Sure footed and I think that's all... Out of the mentioned arcanes I probably have 1 out of each, so yeah, if Mesa only works with these I'm pretty much screwed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 minute ago, VJSZTHOMAS said:

Are there any more frame alternatives?

Mesa is dealing more damage to my plat than to the enemies at this point. Primed Target Cracker is 80p at best right now and I don't even want to look up the arcanes.

You're MR 29 and never bought Primed Target Cracker and  Primed Pistol Gambit from Baro Ki'Teer wow, anyway onward bound we go.

There is another thread around here somewhere that a player had trouble with the test there were a few different Warframes and builds in there, just gotta find it.

In the meantime go here and look at the MR30 test Videos, this dude knows his stuff. Not Es-Flinter

Found it:
Here is the thread for the other player having trouble, it seems to ramp up at this page. Forum Post 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 minutes ago, VJSZTHOMAS said:

Out of primed mods I have Fury and Sure footed and I think that's all... Out of the mentioned arcanes I probably have 1 out of each, so yeah, if Mesa only works with these I'm pretty much screwed.

It will work without them but you will have to work harder for your kills and your DPS will be lower. Things like Zenurik focus for energy upkeep, Arcane Energize, Arcane Velocity and Primed Target Cracker and Primed Pistol Gambit etc will trivialize the test. At MR 30 it's kind've expected you'd have most of this stuff. You can go in and beat the test with just a strong melee on any frame and beyblading everything to death but again you just have to work harder for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...