Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

low level void fissures need some major rework

56 minutes ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

They don't though, and the fact that you aren't addressing, but rather dismissing my counter points is just further proof that you were being directly condescending to me and that I just need to hit ignore on you.

Feel free. 

One has to play with the game as it is. DE might change this. They might not. They haven't yet and it's been an issue brought up long before this. 

The point does stand. You have to play the game as it is. There is a way to make it go more smoothly, but one has to make the effort to make it so.  

1 hour ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

If everything dropped reactant like they drop reactant in an exterminate, no one would ever complain about this again.  But if everything dropped reactant like they do in an exterminate there'd be no reason to even have a reactant mechanic, and that alone is enough reason to just flat out remove it.

I’d have no issue with either solution, personally. I don’t mind the reactant mechanic to make the missions a little more diverse, just don’t make enemies take so long to corrupt. At no point in a game like this should I have to purposely stop the genocide to wait on enemies to change.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

If everything dropped reactant like they drop reactant in an exterminate, no one would ever complain about this again.  But if everything dropped reactant like they do in an exterminate there'd be no reason to even have a reactant mechanic, and that alone is enough reason to just flat out remove it.

I like the corruption mechanic when you get 10 reactant (on the frame or weapons), it makes those missions different.  They simply need to increase the drop rate of the reactant in defense, excavation, interception and survival.   Too many times you kill a large group of corrupted enemies and nothing drops.  Spy, extermination and capture are fine with their drop rates, you kill a large group and you get 2 or 3 drops.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

Given that in several mission types the success of opening relics is up to RNG unless the player severely throttles their performance, sometimes to the point of potential mission failure, perhaps that's exactly what should happen.  Also, while this is less of a problem in higher level missions, it's still a problem.  Especially if you come in late.  So now you've got players getting penalized for having the gall to play on public.  Nice design.

Create a new mission type just for relics where the objective of the mission is specifically to open the relic, rather than the relic technically being a side objective.
As it stands relic missions are like if you had to hack 10 panels in a mission, but it was an exterminate mission.  Yeah, it's possible, but you're standing around half the time hoping that someone will run over to a panel and set off the alarm.  In reality this should just be a mission where the overall objective would be to hack 10 panels.

Or instead of making a whole new mission, just make an excuse as to how what you're doing has any relation to cracking the relic.
Defense and interception have you defending and maintaining control over a machine while it cracks the relic.
Sabotage has you using the meltdown of the reactor to crack the relic.
Mobile defense has you doing the same as Defense, but they're smaller machines that individually can't crack the relics on their own.
I'm sure people can finish the rest of the mission types, these are just examples.

20 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Nothing about the mode needs to be changed at all. Quit bringing nuke frames and nuke weapons so the enemy has a chance to corrupt before you kill them. You don't even have to leave the spawn area, let them come to you.

none of us bring nuke frames, i use inaros, while my clan members usually bring loki prime, nekros prime, and titania prime, and in survival you dont have the luxury of time, so we pile into the nearest large room and stay there, but for it to be a failure for everyone about 65% of the time is a massive problem, especially since its the lowest level rift survival, and its harder to crack cabbage than the highest level rift survival, by difficulty stand point alone its completely broken and makes no sense

18 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

You're being pretty condescending with that last bit there, like I'm too stupid to understand those concepts, but you're only reinforcing my point.

i ,mean, you say that persons condescending, but the person they are replying too didnt even finish the first paragraph before ignoring the rest of the post and going full oozing spite

4 minutes ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

It's always more efficient to do Capture and Exterminate missions when cracking relics. Sabotage can be a good alternative as well.

The rest are not worth doing. Especially when they're prone to not dropping enough reactant. 

those are the most ideal missions for cabbage cracking, the issue is thanks to DEs RNG, you could have a day like a few weeks ago where the entire day was nothing but captures and survivals, or about 2 months ago where it was nothing but spy missions the entire day, which to be fair that last one was like paradise for me

Given capture/exterminate can still mostly be rushed, and unless you join mid-way, run into no issues often, I'm not sure how anyone can be against improvements for the mission types with the forced longer durations. Survival is capped at 5 minutes per rotation, that's one relic for the time you could have just opened at least two if it were capture. Maybe shorter missions should be deleted from the pool so everyone can suffer all the time instead. After all, these forums are just full of people that want as many people remain, or become, miserable, in regards to DE's various game systems.

5 minutes ago, ebrl said:

I'm not sure how seriously I want to take someone who brings Inaros to lith survivals.

your really gonna pull that snob like argument? anyone is allowed to bring any frame to what ever mission they want, and with the helmith system any frame is viable for just about any mission, and yet you want to be a snob about it

Yeah, I never do Survival Fissures. Survial is the only game mode with a hard time-limit between rounds. 

Defence can be sped up or slowed down by killing enemies. Excavation moves as fast as you can fuel the diggers. 
Capture and exterminate depend on your movement and kill speed. 

Survival? 5 minutes to open a single relic? 
Hard pass. Not worth it. 

Excavations is only worth it because you're going to have to farm Cryotic eventually, so you might as well crack some relics while you do. 

18 hours ago, (PSN)CWP350 said:

They simply need to increase the drop rate of the reactant in defense, excavation, interception and survival. 

Defense drop rate is actually fine, the problem is that everyone expects all the reactant in the first wave. Interception is the one that just needs to be removed from the fissures rotation completely.

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Voltren Xytech said:

i ,mean, you say that persons condescending, but the person they are replying too didnt even finish the first paragraph before ignoring the rest of the post and going full oozing spite

They were replying to me, where was I being spiteful in my initial response to them?

15 minutes ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

They were replying to me, where was I being spiteful in my initial response to them?

for some unknown reason, rez was labeled as the person he was responding to but after refreshing the page its not rez, apparently even the Forums are bugged to hell and back, no idea how that gets Screwed up [appearently even though the game is rated M we cant cuss on the forums]

6 hours ago, ebrl said:

I'm not sure how seriously I want to take someone who brings Inaros to lith survivals.

Translated: "I don't want to acknowledge the problem, so I'll attack the person."
Tell me, do other frames cause more enemies to spawn or reactant to drop more reliably?

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Defense drop rate is actually fine, the problem is that everyone expects all the reactant in the first wave. Interception is the one that just needs to be removed from the fissures rotation completely.

And when you get put into a defense mission on wave 3, and less than 10 reactant drops in the remaining waves?  Is this fine too?  I suppose "play solo" but even as someone who will say that regarding the unpredictability of other players, is it now justifiable to tell people to play solo because of the unpredictability of the game's own mechanics?

On 2021-03-08 at 10:54 AM, (XBOX)Shodian said:

No. We don't. There's no reason for you to be hostile. Stop killing enemies so quickly. Wait for storms to pop up to change enemies.

ah, so you dont seem to understand what happens when a human is upset by one situation, and is then presented with another stressful situation, and you seem to believe that no one should express anger or dissatisfaction due to stress inducing situations

hostile, just means to be unfriendly or antagonistic, meaning when someone is angry they get unfriendly, which is the normal reaction to being in a situation that one find stressful or irritating

On 2021-03-08 at 6:17 AM, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

I know how you feel and I give you a pretty simple fix: don't kill enemies too fast and for gods sake stay together in a certain area.

I've had Survival fissure missions where our team agreed to do this and did do this and we still didn't get enough Reactant.

And that's why I'm done with fissure missions where you have the possibility to not get enough Reactant.  Exterminate, Spy, Rescue, Mobile Defense.  There is nothing else, because I would rather live a life with fewer frustrations.

Honestly, DE should just get rid of in-mission Reactant.  Just open the relics, that's why everyone's there.  If the "challenge" in your fast murder game is to not kill enemies quickly, you have a fundamental design problem.  And if you can obey this counterintuitive rule and you still end up empty-handed, then your game mode is simply broken.  RNG shouldn't determine whether I win or lose.

Just now, (PSN)Unstar said:

No problem, no hostility intended!  I just wanted to weigh in that this band-aid is not a guarantee.

It has been a discussion thats constantly returning, survival missions especially and other mission types need new spawns, but DE simply never cares to fix it

Archived