Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corups Railjack Dev Workshop: What are the real issues with the new changes?

I prefered the Grid, tbh. 

It was basically mods, but you didn't need cash or endo, it used Railjack only resources to upgrade.

Also, upgrading grid-slots was an interesting mechanic that didn't cost you capacity. I liked it a lot.

Edit: Railjacks keeping their Grid could be neat, actually. 

The mods are based on the person in the pilot-seat, but those mods getting boosted because the Railjack itself has been upgraded for high-performance would be really neat. 

Like... some new player shows up and they've got Turret Damage Up in their first mod slot, but my Railjack's grid s maxed out so that their mods are twice as effective as they would be in a stock RJ. 

12 hours ago, Voltage said:

I see no problem with that. It goes right with the rest of the game. If you want the most out of your gear, you need to apply Forma and relevel the equipment. It's what the game is built on and applying that to Railjack is more than fair and consistent.

Formaing sure, not like making you forma Kuva weapons 5 times for the mastery for the sheer hell of it.

I was saying that we will need forma for the changes, its yet to be seen if the Plexus will need ranking due to it.

14 hours ago, Captain_Rocket505 said:

Orphix Venom- another short thing I swear. Stay with me ok? Time to travel back in time, to Scarlet Spear. Where arcane prices tanked, and the traders were mad. Then came Orphix Venom, and the same thing happened. What's the issue though? There were some useful arcanes I got from them that were free right? Well not really. See beforehand, these arcanes were in one area only: Eidolon hunts. Hard to do, very time exclusive, and the ever loving RNG to guide your "luck" to get the valuable ones. The arcane farmers put their time and souls into these hunts, and now prices are forever going to crash. I know the trade part of the game is a fraction of the playerbase, but it's still a fraction none the less and I feel that this change is going to hurt the economy forever. Sadly, I can't think of any good solutions so I ask you to put them in the replies once more. 

Let me explain what hurts the economy:

1º The veteran player has multiple accounts and computers buying thousands of items from newbies for a very low price.

2º The veteran player sells the same items to other novice players at exorbitant prices.

3º All novice players give up play because they are unable to conquer half of the game's content and when trying to buy these items they notice theft that is on the market.

14 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Gian Point: Likewise, I don't see the issue. Gian Point is only played because there are no mission objectives. It's the same game mode, same enemies, same environment assets, same everything as any of the other multitude Skirmish missions in the Veil. The only difference is that you can spam it in 2 minutes without playing any of the other content. Maybe that's not a healthy way for players to approach this content? Good riddance.

Just a small question. Have you ever farmed intrinsics? If yes, have you fully upgraded it?

Dev Workshop summary reads like a threat letter, lol.

English is my second language so please explain:

"Firstly, you’ll need to re-spec ALL your Intrinsics when you login! Because we changed so much, we want to make sure everyone gets a fresh start on where to spend their Intrinsics. This gives us the opportunity to overhaul the various progression trees, rewarding players’ investment in progression."

Will I need to reassing the points, or will they delete all my progress and I'll need to refarm my intrinsics?

1 minute ago, Hayrack said:

Dev Workshop summary reads like a threat letter, lol.

English is my second language so please explain:

"Firstly, you’ll need to re-spec ALL your Intrinsics when you login! Because we changed so much, we want to make sure everyone gets a fresh start on where to spend their Intrinsics. This gives us the opportunity to overhaul the various progression trees, rewarding players’ investment in progression."

Will I need to reassing the points, or will they delete all my progress and I'll need to refarm my intrinsics?

It's almost certain that they'll refund the points, that's what they've done before for Focus.

5 hours ago, Aazhyd said:

I'm happy with most changes, and for a lot we need to see how it works out in the game. Only thing I'm not too happy with is that energy of your railjack is based on your warframe. This could mean you're forced to use a warframe that can provide a lot of energy. I hope that's not the case.

About the rewards for completing wreckage:

Player has completed at least 30 Wreckage: Tier 3

Is there any way to tell how many wreckage I've completed? I'm probably over 30, but I'm not sure.

My guess is that it's how many you have in your storage right now - this number (go to dojo, fast travel to drydock, use the console straight in front of you):

Warframe0000.jpg

12 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Yes to both.

And you've been avoiding Gian Point farm all that time?
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Then it comes to avionics -> mods changes I personally find it sad. I liked avionics system. And I see no valuable reason to over-simplify that.

1 minute ago, DoomFruit said:

My guess is that it's how many you have in your storage right now - this number (go to dojo, fast travel to drydock, use the console straight in front of you):

Warframe0000.jpg

That's just the number of components you currently have, not all the wreckage you have ever built. If you maxed out a weapon or component, you probably would have much more wreckage built. But we just don't know how much.

Just speaking for myself, but I was looking forward to being able to solo more efficiently with this update in RailJack. It looks like that will be the case.

Command incentivizes solo play and I can see where those looking for group play on RJ would be concerned. For me though; as I feel RJ is a terrible group experience, it's encouraging.

Plexus being applied per player per function, not an issue for solo play really.

Orphix Venom would be more efficient with a full group, but in my case I have the arcanes I want and I don't trade or mess with Plat much. So again...no real solo impact for players like me....but admittedly, that's  just one subset of the playerbase.

To be clear I enjoy group play in all other modes of Warframe...except maybe Spy.

14 minutes ago, Aazhyd said:

That's just the number of components you currently have, not all the wreckage you have ever built. If you maxed out a weapon or component, you probably would have much more wreckage built. But we just don't know how much.

Indeed... but I've no idea if there even is a log of how many you've built in the past. Up until now, there was no reason to keep that piece of information around. Maybe they'll explain it more clearly - who knows.

To the negative nellies.
Suck it up.
Seriously I am NOT a white-knight; DE has angered me to distraction on more than one occasion (re; incoming 2021 Melee Nerf, gimping of blink, etc); yet looking at the new RJ changes.
I'm actually rather happy with them.  VERY happy.  Do not get me wrong; it' going to be a nasty re-learning curve, but honestly, if it simplifies the modding and operation of the 'jack  I'm all in.  PLUS not having to keep track of even more diferent mod/avionic material to level up and just endo, this is a PLUS.

As for "bring your own tactical mods"  NICE.  Use your own energy -ennnnh- good and bad; they'll need to tweek this most likely, but fok eet; I'm willing to try this out.

Stop being so self entitled.  DE has worked hard to bring RJ more in line with the rest of the game, and to stop the predatory fleecing of the community by plat-farmers.  As for "All my hard work! -whine whimper moan snivel-"  So you have to re-spec; you are NOT out-of-pocket and it gives you something to work on while you scurry from YuToob to YuToob 'content provider' for the next meta build (which DE Scott will most likely Nerf-hammer into uselessness within a month), with the resources you have already gathered and been refunded. 

TL:DR version?  STFU you whining little pratts and see how the chips fall... and I'm pretty sure you guys are the try-hard 1337s that whined for melee to get nerfed.

8 hours ago, Aldain said:

Such things might only be applied while you're on the guns, like your mod loadout applies to the gun turret you're currently on.

Right, which is the potential issue I'm seeing. Since the host still determines the weapons, if I've got Zetki Apocs on the side guns then you'll want crit-focused Integrated mods like Predator and Section Density, and you'll want heat management mods like Polar Coil. But if I've got a Lavan Carcinnox then those mods won't be of much benefit because it's not a crit-focused weapon and it doesn't have heat problems. You could have equipped 3 other Integrated mods instead. A person joining my ship will have no idea which weapons I've got or which mods to bring.

8 hours ago, Aldain said:

They moved ship HP to the Hull part so I don't know if there will still be mods that influence that and I'd also imagine that speed mods would only be a factor if you're actively piloting the ship.

And it's the same case here. If I have a ship with a Lavan* Shield Array that generates shields when cloaked, you can only make use of that if you know to bring Void Cloak. If I have a ship with a fast engine then maybe the boost mods aren't necessary and it'd be better to bring idk Ordnance mods. Or the opposite where I have Zetki engine that might need boost mods, but you can't know ahead of time to bring them.

Ideally the ship components and mods that rely on the ship components are chosen by the host, because the host is the only one who knows ahead of time which components are being used. The weapons and mods that rely on the weapons are ideally chosen by the crew, and the crew can bring their own guns along to use in each station. That way you've always got your preferred turret and turret build when you're in a turret, and your preferred forward gun and forward gun build when you're in the pilot seat. I know that my loadout will work wherever I go, and doesn't have to rely on the host choosing the right ship parts.

3 hours ago, TeaHawk said:

And you've been avoiding Gian Point farm all that time?
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Then it comes to avionics -> mods changes I personally find it sad. I liked avionics system. And I see no valuable reason to over-simplify that.

I agree. I think it's sad they're getting rid of a unique system for the sake of simplicity. I thought the avionic grid was pretty simple in the first place

16 hours ago, Captain_Rocket505 said:

I agree. I think it's sad they're getting rid of a unique system for the sake of simplicity. I thought the avionic grid was pretty simple in the first place

It was simple. It looked fine. And you could upgrade it pretty easily without dull forma-ting. Also I've never had to farm diracs. I have a fully-upgraded top railjack and something like 100k diracs left. Can't say the same about endo.

Archived