Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 29.10.0: Command Intrinsic Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]Danielle

On 2021-03-19 at 2:26 PM, Rogunz said:

Crew won't use the forward artillery which is the only task they needed to do to improve the solo experience.

Having a pilot is a flat downgrade solo since they won't line you up with crewships or objectives that need to be shot with the forward artillery but will instead fly you away after you manually set up a shot and swap to it.

I had this same issue. I personally prefer having a pilot and being a gunner, but using the forward artillery and slingshot is near impossible with an AI at the helm.

Perhaps when a player enters either the slingshot or artillery, they also take partial control of the aiming direction if the ship (ONLY if the pilot is AI). Since you can have a player in each, the hierarchy should favor the owner of the railjack first (since they're the "captain"), and then it should favour the slingshot over the artillery, since the slingshot is shorter range and will only be controlled for a few seconds at a time.

Has anyone been unable to respec their crew members? Just got Command Intrinsic to Rank 7 and it won't let me. I'm on PS4 by the way, the UI says press triangle to reset skills but I keep pressing it and it just resets the cursor to the upper left corner of the screen. Also. for some reason I'm unable to use my second Battle Avionic. What am I doing wrong here?

The system rework itself is great. Solo Railjack just went from unfun and impossible to actually chaotic and enjoyable. Couple things though, wish my crew could take out radiators outside while I'm inside blowing things up. Seems like a big oversight. Also primary and secondary roles for crew members sounds like a great idea. If ya'll remember how like in the first Dragon Age the game lets you program your party members to prioritize certain actions during certain conditions, on my Engineer for example if there's no fire or hull breach maybe I could set them to hop into a turret. For my pilot maybe I can program him to KEEP THE SHIP STILL whenever I hop into the forward artillery, like holy crap that's annoying. Same with the defender maybe? If there aren't any boarding parties he could just hop into a turret? And I'm kinda sad that I can't have a dedicated defender in my Lich so I can focus my three remaining crew members on specific tasks. 

Edited by (PSN)Lonelybluey

Good day. 

For now i found 1 thing that is really frustrating - configuring crew members.

Your route starts: go from your ship to fortuna (loadscreen) buy crew member, leave fortuna (loadscreen), go to clan dojo (loadscreen), go to dry dock to equip crew member. 

If you want to replace your crew member with a diffrent one that route doubles.

Why i cant configuge my crew from my ship/railjack/options menu?

On 2021-03-19 at 10:27 PM, smashedwookie said:

Please improve the AI to actualy have it focus on the objective when there are one, if after a volitile i position the ship and forgot that ai is set to pilot, as soon as i hop in the artillery chair ai will go back to piloting and start moving the ship instead of making sure it lined up for artillery shot.

I could say the same thing happen when trying to shoot at a crew ship, ai will take back control if not removed from it and start moving making it impossible to target crew ship.

Command intrisinct was made so it would be easier to play solo or in smaller squad, but if i always need to play around with the position of the AI its defy tehe purpose.

I'm enjoying the update thus far minus the bugs. The command intrinsics is alright; wish i could adjust the points as attended. 

Love that I can hire new crew at ticker daily. However, i would love to be able to view my current crew and contracts while visiting ticker in fortuna so that i may compare with the current limited timed offers. Even having the option to view under railjack section within pause menu, similar to arsenal and inventory would be great. 

I tend to forget all of my 6 crew members and their stats. I rather not have to go back to dry dock to view if I currently have some better or not. To avoid this, I actually perceeded to purchase the slots automatically along with available crew. 

Overall, really love crew's customization and crew members general, I've been enjoying the experience and seem that I've been having an easier time in my missions solo because of it. So thank you guys for what you have done so far. 

Edited by (PSN)DA-ZOMBIEGIRL19
Grammar
  • Like 1

Alright command intrinsic looks great now for my feedback have the crew have a secondary role example if I have a crewman that’s my security chief as well I’d set this by going to the rj menu going to the now empty secondary role and set his as fa gunner. Now whenever a crewship punches in my female pilot will line him up and knock out his engines then it’s his turn also I’d echo what others have said and have the engineer use the forge to top off whatever’s low because I’m picking up resources and my engineering crew isn’t topping off what we need

• Like 1

There are 2 things that in my opinion must be done ASAP:

1. Make AI pilot face with Railjack towards Crewships while a player is inside artillery station
2. Make AI focus on destroying radiators while a player is inside ship/ asteroid base/ hangar. It's pretty annoying that u have to go in and out each single time to progress during  Grinner mission while ur crew is just circling around nowhere and watch.

Those 2 changes would make solo play with Railjack and crew way more entertaining at least for me and I believe much of other players.

• Like 2

Works wonders. Compared to before, it's amazing for solo players like me to hit the veil without fear, knowing all damage and defense can and will be taken care of while I board, and even without comparisons it's an amazing addition that I have no large grievances with. Perhaps some pathfinding/targeting would do AI pilots some good, such as a cue to aim at targets when in slingshot or forward artillery.

A quick skim through shows that most of these have been added here already, I'm repeating only for emphasis...

Pilot role AI - would be really helpful if they would line up on targets (according to the current objectives) when you jump into the Artillery. As a few people have pointed out, they won't line up on Crewships or the Reactor weakpoints when needed. Manually lining them up and jumping into the Artillery is fine as long as you remember to switch the pilot to another role first, otherwise they'll jump back in the pilot seat and fly away. I've missed multiple shots because of this...

Gunner role AI - even at rank 4 these guys well outdo me for accuracy. Not complaining, just an observation!

Engineer role AI - I had expected the Engineer to keep manufacturing items in the forge. Boy was I wrong! Keeping Omni topped up when handling repairs - good. Manufacturing repairs when hull is damaged - good. Completely ignoring you when you run out of Dome Charges or Missiles - not cool dude!!

Overall I like the Command Intrinsic. I like the diversity of the crew members that you can hire. I like that i can now do Railjack solo without having to park the Railjack in an asteroid to stop it being totaled. Outside of what I've said above, I'd like to see crew members gain affinity over time allowing for further training. Not sure how that would work but maybe a slow progression similar to intrinsics (ie each new level doubles the cost of the previous). Or possibly even crew member specific perks based on their syndicate affiliation?

• Like 1

One thing I found annoying about Crewmates is that their kills and repairs do not grant affinity. Let their kills give affinity. Right now if you want to do power leveling having crewmates is hindering your progress. Please change this.

4 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

One thing I found annoying about Crewmates is that their kills and repairs do not grant affinity. Let their kills give affinity. Right now if you want to do power leveling having crewmates is hindering your progress. Please change this.

Which is especially strange given that one time when I re-entered my Railjack, I saw one of my crewmates repair the ship and it gave me the affinity popup for repairing as if I had done it, so that definitely feels like a bug to me.

On 2021-04-16 at 11:26 PM, (PSN)crashteddy03 said:

Engineer role AI - I had expected the Engineer to keep manufacturing items in the forge. Boy was I wrong! Keeping Omni topped up when handling repairs - good. Manufacturing repairs when hull is damaged - good. Completely ignoring you when you run out of Dome Charges or Missiles - not cool dude!!

Adding onto this, I'd suggest an adjustable "threshold" for when the Engineer should start manufacturing ammo for your Dome Charges and Missiles, more than likely 50% by default. Of course, if the ship needs repairing, that should override it since it doesn't matter how much ammo you have if you're dead.

I would add the possibility to give the order to forge to the npc, and to the kuva lich the possibility to repair as well as to defend (their usefulness lies in defending the railjack, if this never happens its utility chance to zero) and possibly stay on the turret if it's not too over power.

Command intrinsic is nice and all, especially when your pilot doesn't derp out and stop flying once you expose a radiator meaning your gunner can't shoot it.

A bigger thing though would be that it would be super helpful if when you're in the slingshot the pilot would actually point at things like crewships.  As it stands they tend to orbit objectives, making the slingshot all but useless because it can't fire to the sides or backwards.  I'd suggest that if you have an AI pilot, if someone gets in the slingshot and aims all the way to the side it makes the pilot point in that direction.  The railjack doesn't have to actually fly in that direction since it's capable of flying in any direction it wants independently of the direction it's pointing.  This way the slingshot is still usable with an AI pilot at the helm.

I suspect there's a similar problem with Volatile missions and the artillery.  While I haven't tried it yet, I suspect the AI pilot will continue flying about making it impossible to actually shoot the reactor weakpoints until you manually unassign the pilot, point the ship in the right direction, then hop into the artillery to take the shot.

A Suggestion for crewmates in Corpus Railjack.

I always heard Cy saying "Tenno is in, sending remaining crew" when the Tenno enters the capital ship. What if our crew mates can be send into the capital ship objective as well? They will act like a specter, following us around and killing enemies. Once the objective is completed they will return to the ship and assume normal crewmate behaviour.

I think some of the other intrinsic became out dated with the command intrinsic. Rank 10 Engineering became useless if you have at least 1 engineer crew member. They will infinitely repair ship damage and I think they have infinite revolite. Maybe rank 10 Engineer should let you access forge menus instead?

AI piloting also needs work. Its fine if you're outside the ship flying around in archwing. The AI basically makes the railjack follow you. But if you're in the ship, they seem to fly around randomly. Maybe the AI should fly the ship towards whatever they aim the pilot turrets at if you're inside the railjack. If they aim for a crew ship, they'll fly the railjack towards that crew ship making it easier to aim the artillery at it until it gets destroyed and the AI pilot will find another target to fly towards.

Crew mates are like components for your ship. Like turrets or engines. Maybe there should be new railjack missions that includes a rescue or capture or defection that can grant you crew mates at the end of the mission better than the ones Ticker is offering.

Edited by (PSN)mahoshonenfox

On 2021-04-15 at 7:25 AM, (PSN)Lonelybluey said:

Has anyone been unable to respec their crew members? Just got Command Intrinsic to Rank 7 and it won't let me. I'm on PS4 by the way, the UI says press triangle to reset skills but I keep pressing it and it just resets the cursor to the upper left corner of the screen. Also. for some reason I'm unable to use my second Battle Avionic. What am I doing wrong here?

The system rework itself is great. Solo Railjack just went from unfun and impossible to actually chaotic and enjoyable. Couple things though, wish my crew could take out radiators outside while I'm inside blowing things up. Seems like a big oversight. Also primary and secondary roles for crew members sounds like a great idea. If ya'll remember how like in the first Dragon Age the game lets you program your party members to prioritize certain actions during certain conditions, on my Engineer for example if there's no fire or hull breach maybe I could set them to hop into a turret. For my pilot maybe I can program him to KEEP THE SHIP STILL whenever I hop into the forward artillery, like holy crap that's annoying. Same with the defender maybe? If there aren't any boarding parties he could just hop into a turret? And I'm kinda sad that I can't have a dedicated defender in my Lich so I can focus my three remaining crew members on specific tasks. 

Seems to be a controller binding issue in general as I can reproduce this problem in PC. If I switch to M&K, I can respec as expected, but using a controller just moves my cursor to the left side of the screen.

Another binding issue is Gunnery rank 9 as there's no "reload" if you're using context actions (Works if you add a dedicated reload button to RJ controls).

1) Hired guns should be able to shoot radiators.  make that command intrinsic 10. I mean Cy tells "Railjack crew destroy that radiator" I can tell them too if need be.  But solo its ridiculous to run in and out back and forth just to shoot those.

2) if you assign one to a pilot, while you are in artillery or archwing launcher if you hold AIM the pilot should be "mind-controlled" so you are effectively steering the ship to make up for the fact that you can't tell him in plain English "Target on THAT crewship" or "I'm trying to shoot that radiator - hold it steadY"

Edited by (XBOX)Tucker D Dawg
  • Like 1

Converted Kuva Liches as Crewmember, as abnormal as it is for me to regularly use them, have a number of bugs that hinders specific Lich types.

• General

All Kuva Liches as Railjack Crewmembers cannot use their third/ultimate ability. This contradicts how Converted Kuva Liches can use all of their abilities when they are summoned in normal Star Chart Missions.

Allow us to mod the Kuva Lich's weapon. Even with the innate damage bonus, they cannot keep up with our Syndicate Crewmembers.

• Heat Liches

The first ability, which is identical to Ember's Fireball, has targeting issues due to the large projectile size of the ability. Like Ember's Fireball, a Heat proc is not guarantee to trigger. Update the ability so that the Lich's Fireball does inflict a guaranteed Heat proc.

The second ability, which is Ember's Ring of Fire, causes them to pause for around 3 seconds before resuming their behavior. Removing this "ending lag" would make them more combat responsive.

Their third ability, which causes them to channel plasma jets into the ground, the damage does not scale with their level. The ability should properly scale in level, both in Heat damage and procs.

• Electric Liches

Their first ability functions similarly to Captain/Corrupted Vor's Void Key Beam. However, the Lich is unable to target enemies properly with the beam, failing to hit any enemies while leaving themselves vulnerable.

Their second ability is similar to the object Arc Mines or Captain/Corrupted Vor's Nervo Mines, which shocks any enemies near the mines. The mines, however, do not target any enemies at all. The mines were programmed solely to target the Tenno, which is likely the reason why the ability fails to function.

• Kuva Ayanga Liches

Liches with the Kuva Ayanga tend to get stuck on the storage crates and the side areas near the airlocks of the Cargo Hold in the Railjack. The reason this happens is because the Kuva Ayanga Liches do not have any vaulting/scaling animations that will allow them to hop off the crates and/or scale up ledges.

Edited by Duality52

I bought a pilot from Ticker first thing--it was my #1 priority when I was exploring my options--but I was really, really disappointed. What I was hoping for was an AI to take over keeping the ship moving, and pointed in the right direction, so I could shoot from forward artillery or the ventral and dorsal turrets more freely in single player

The problem is, even at maximum Piloting rank, my railjack moved terribly sluggishly under the pilot, barely better at avoiding fire than sitting still. And the nose of the railjack never pointed anywhere useful. Because the forward artillery and slingshot are both oriented in the same direction of the nose, I was expecting the Piloting AI to point the ship in at least the vague direction of an enemy. But I was actually hoping for, and expecting, the piloting AI to prioritize focusing on objectives. For example, pointing the nose at enemy crewships, then at the airlocks onto enemy ships, and then at the nearest enemy fighters, in that order of priority, for example

This would allow solo players to hit enemy crewships with the artillery without becoming sitting ducks for any enemy fire. Changing how the Piloting AI orients the ship would be a massive improvement, and basically guarantee a pilot a spot on my crew, but if the pilot were able, at higher levels of either command or competency, to use the dodge button to juke the ship out of the way of enemy fire, I'd be overjoyed

The only other thing I'd really like to see changed is a way to give crew members secondary or even tertiary duties, so that under certain circumstances their priorities change. For example, defenders have little to do until a boarding party manages to land a sled, but could still be useful as engineers or gunners, for example. Plus, I'd like to know what my pilot crew member's job is when I take the helm from them

I have no interest in using a lich as a crew member as things currently stand, but far too much would need to change for that to change. I don't need them as a defender for most of the time in every mission, there's no ability to mod their weapon, I can't change their weapon, and I can't so much as change their colors so they match the livery of my ship and crew.