Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 29.10.0: Command Intrinsic Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]Danielle

Hey DE Team;

Ty for all the continued hard work fixing those bugs and tweaks, This is a quick feedback regarding Crew

>>Crew Roster is VERY Long for looking to those coveted Crew Members
:Ideas:
-Make the Rotation shorter to 8 hours or at least 12 hours so that we can get more candidates.
-If it's not possible then please consider increasing the number of candidates to at least double or more, This way we can have a better selection range for the whole day.

>>Crew are Gender Locked per Syndicate!!!
:Ideas:
-I'm Pretty sure everyone already have to say about this 😉, Please consider the RPG feeling & give us more Crew Candidates to adventure with into the Eye of the Storm 😍

**Other feedback**
>It was already mentioned on the Devstream our worries about solo mission with AI, we have to go out and shoot objective and back so.. , Good Luck 👍🏽

>I VERY MUCH PREFER that Liches are separate from the Crew, I don't want an army of liches on the ship , Just ONE Lich + Me Hardy 3 Crewmates, PLEAAAAAAAAAAAASE DE.

>Some concerns for Crewmates who started with 8 points instead of 10 points as those 2 points cannot be gained as of yet.

>PLEASE Give us an Interface to Check/Organize/Assign my crew from quick menu, as if i need to double check my crew at ticker i have to leave to drydock and same if I wanna do something from liset.

>Please Return the forge Interaction at the Dry Dock, Or give me access to it inside Railjack when docked, instead of only one access which is mid mission!!!

Ty all Hope to see our feedback addressed as always 👍🏽

• Like 3

Crew cosmetics needs a proper revision as many (but far from all) look nice when customizing the crew, but as soon as they start roaming the ship their cosmetics are all over the place. Floating syandanas and shoulder pads being the main issue.

Edited by Larsurus
  • Like 1

Running in and out of PoEs to blow up radiators is easily the biggest point of friction for solo Railjack. I would like to see that ability added to the Gunner. If there's a Pilot assigned, they should fly to where the Gunner is in range of the radiator.

As far as Engineers, would it be possible for them to forge me some dome charges and other ammo when I run out? They're currently just glorified repair jockeys. When you're taking damage that's fine, but when you're not, they don't do much more than run around in circles.

It would be really cool if we could assign a secondary task for crew members to do when their primary isn't needed. For example, if I set a crew member primary Engineer and secondary Gunner would prioritize repairs, but then if nothing is on fire, they would get on a turret.

• Like 6

I realised, quite late, that the backstory of our crewmate can only be seen once when hiring them from Ticker.
I know they're probably randomized generic story but it would be nice if we could keep the story they had from when we bought them and have it displayed on the side when checking a Crewmate.

I personally forgot what my main Engineer story was, I red it but I was mostly looking at the stats (as I should), but now I would have liked to read the story again.

• Like 3

Would be great to be able to manage crew from Ticker's shop. When hiring a new crew member, I need to:

1. Go to drydock to check out my existing crew's stats.

2. Go to Ticker to see what he has for crew.

3. Go back to DD to fire someone.

4. Go back to Ticker to hire someone new.

5. Go back to DD again to set up my new crew member.

20 platinum crew slot to bypass all the hub swapping doesn't feel great.

• Like 4

I am playing on a rather old computer.
(Core 2 Duo, with 4 GB ram)
Command makes soloing Railjack much less of a hassle - because, let me tell you, playing Railjack not-alone, while not quite as bad as playing one of the open worlds, as far as connecting-and-staying-connected, is not much better, either.
Having a repairman means that I mostly only need to hop out of the pilot's seat for the FA and POIs. Much less hassle.

As to the tree:
Unlock -> +1 point -> repeat makes some sense.
That said:
Point respec strikes me as pointless - Crew don't gain exp, so you buy the crewmembers with the stats you want, and the ideal stats are spikey, which means inflexible - so respec does nothing for you, as the flexbility it allows is never needed.

Liches as pure defender are pointless.
Engineer, per force, serves as your defender, since they're wandering the ship, and will run into any boarders.
Get one with some variant of 13 points in Repair + Combat + Endurance and needing to revive them on occasion isn't worth the loss of a crew slot.

Overall, they're not as efficient as an actual player would be, but they're effective enough that, for the most part, I can focus on progressing a mission and leave the Railjack to them and be reasonably sure it'll still be there when I get back.

As to bugs:

Gunners will sometimes get out of their chairs (presumably to fight boarders), and never manage to get back.
They can still take Piloting or Engineering just fine, though. :/

Also, crewmates sometimes just cease existing when you give them a weapon - at which point they can cause the UI to lock up if you do anything with crew before exiting the dojo.

Edited by Chroia
Needing to revive, not not-needing.
  • Like 1

You know how there's syndicate operatives (and other folks) all over the relays? Please let us hire some of them! This would both help alleviate Ticker's small daily selection, and add a little bit more life to the relays. (If we in the future could hire Solaris and Ostron folks - all the better!)

nsTX50j.jpeg

(Also, please give us more than one possible gender per syndicate for the crew members!)

• Like 1

Some feedbacks. I guess most of it has already been said before.

First, as someone who usually play solo and like any form of companion, i really like the addition of crewmates. It could be better of course, but it's still quite nice.

I like the fact that they depend on syndicates. But we should be able to recruit them from our syndicates (and only the ones favorables to us), not from Ticker.

Crew should be assigned a main role and a backup role. For example i would like a crew to be "pilot/gunner", so that if i'm gunning he's the pilot, and if i'm piloting he's gunning. We can change the role during a mission with the tactical window, but it's not really smooth.

Crew should communicate more (maybe with an option so that people who don't want them to speak, don't have to listen to them), so that we know what they are doing. Mostly for the defender and the engineer "working on the hull breach".

Crew being able to use fully moded tenno's weapons is interresting. They are the only "callable" that can use a moded weapon. It's really nice with status mods (imagine for example an amprex or a nukor moded with viral => we have a partner that can support us with mass status) Overall, they feel like glass canons, with high damage output (provided they have a good weapon) but low effective HP. It's mostly visible with the "on call" crew in a standard mission. Specters scale with level, but crew don't, so they die really quickly.

We should be able to select the "on call" crewmate from all our crewmates, not only the 3 slotted (we may want to have a designated "on call" crew and 3 "on ship" crew). By the way, that could allow us to have a 4th crewmate on the railjack if "on call crew" could work in railjack mission, but we can already summon a specter (and some warframe specters are quite powerful as defenders on ship).

We ,need some sort of commands for the crew. Like "pilot: go on target, dogfight, evasive manoeuvers, stay out of range and wait for me". Gunners: "repel attacks (ramsleds ...), focus on fighters, disable crewships". Engineer: refill energy dome/ordnances with the forge.

Overall, it's really a nice addition.

Edited by Nenyx
  • Like 4

Hello there !

What I like : Having a crew altogether ! I play mostly (almost exlusively) solo, and it is really cool to have the crew at the turrets and controlling/patrolling the ship whil I am away on objectives :)

Suggestions of improvements :

Piloting : piloting seems to work (the ship is moving), but it is often more useful to not let the AI pilot. Here are examples of situations where pilot AI could be more useful with suggestions :

- when I want to use the forward artillery, the pilot is moving away from whatever I had in my sight ... Suggestion : have the pilot AI point towards relevant targets (e.g. crewships) while a player is using forward artillery. Alternatively, just prevent the AI from moving the ship in such situation...

- in Grineer skirmish, the AI just wander aimlessly around the objective (if there is one) potentially attracting a lot of enemy fire (from ship killer platforms, missile batteries and galleons). Suggestion : have the AI circle objective points at a relatively safe distance... SUPER DUPER Suggestion : have the crew fire at radiators on grineer objectives... please :)

Defense : It seems the defense AI doesn't try to search actively for intruders, and just circle the ship until it finds enemies... Suggestion : make defender AI more active when being boarded, and actually run towards the breach.

AI behaviour outside missions : it seems the crew doesn't really know what to do when the railjack is docked, and just walk/jog around aimlessly... Suggestion : have them sit/stand in the Railjack doing something specific, that would be a good way to make them show their personalities in relation to their voicelines ! Im not saying one of them has to spend his time doing calibrations on a giant gun... but something approaching ? ;)

that's all for now, thank you for reading !

cheers !

• Like 3

Rank 9 in Command is currently quite useless, or rather pointless due to the existence of Specters

One of the most jarring issues with the On-Call crewmates are their spawn durations
I was testing out my new On-Call crewmate in a Hydron mission, he was doing fine and I thought it was fun to see a person in a Warframe mission that wasn't trying to kill me for once, and that's when he despawned

So I thought, cool, lemme just respawn him in, but wait he needs 10 minutes
In what scenario would I be in a mission that would be longer than 10 minutes, in which my On-Call crewmate would be useful in?
Just plop down a specter and we good, Rank 9 felt like a scam honestly, the fact that they despawn is already pretty bad

Changes I recommend:
I don't believe the crewmates are really at the value of a 10 minute interval, an archgun could do their job and it has a 3m cooldown
Instead, if they get downed, we can just revive them, cuz ykno, they're people, and if we don't revive them in time, then pop in either a 3m cooldown, or just make em unavailable for the rest of the mission. Not the most practical but it makes some sense, cuz they're people

Edited by DustyToast
  • Like 5

At the moment you add the functionnality to call a crewship member tagged by the "On-Call" status.
It's an incredible feature, as long our entire farm in the game is worth nonetheless for us but for a companion regardless to kubrow / kavas / robots.
We can specialize them more as fighter than pilot or gunner or else.

To be honest it's an incredible feature. But there is something which deceive me, it's how we can call this "On-Call crewship member".

Even if it's good, the principle to call a pnj who last only 2min30 ~ 3min make it usable as the specters in normal missions. I don't want to be understand as "it's a useless feature please remove it gnagnagna", as it's absolutely not what I want.
This fact discredit the On-Call feature, when it was one of my favourite addition in the game.

I tried to play with a friend and we'd like to play together with our own crewship member to play in mobile defense for exemple.

So I reformulate my question, could it be possible to remove the time limitation for On-Call Crewship members in normal mission, to let them be present with us for the entire game ?

• Like 2

Hi ! Greeting ... Danielle n' all the team too (Be Constructive step1)

First, All My comment mainly link to My play : SOLO with Zephyr, Full Zetki MKIII Railjack and Tier 3 Railjack rewards !

The New Command Intrinsic

The Command 1 to 7 are basically getting a crew + training them but I feel like having a crew members should not be optionnal. Piloting a Railjack should be with a crew from the start (QUEST) so instead of getting a crew member it should be :

rank 1 : Neutral crew member (Neutral syndicate paid with credits)
rank 3 : Enemi crew member (Enemi syndicate paid with credits)
rank 5 : Elite crew member (Friendly syndicate paid with railjack ressources)

Crew Members (AI, Equipment, Cosmetics)

1/ I only test 3 different syndicate and got no liches but The crew Equipement and Cosmetics are perfectly fine for me 👍

2/ The crew AI need a few improvement, the main problem are about Engineer because I the often goes in bleedout by walking in the fire And the second one is they are  getting hit by boarding parties during reparation (failing the reparation). To correct, when piloting, this I often switch engineer to defender and after cleanning the ship, make them engineer again which disrupt the battle flow; If I'm outside, I must abandon the secondary objective, get back on the ship, doing defender and restart the secondary objective from zero... So I propose minor change :

• Change AI Engineer role to have a low/zero threat level as the do not engage enemies.
  • Change AI Engineer behavior to NOT step in fire hazard OR simply Render the invulnerable to it (Like with explosives weapons)

3/ Gunners crews place should be exchangeable like the pilot role; it will smothen and fasten the gameplay.

Competency Points

Crew member have 8/10 base points and 3 extra points (5 pts); I like it but a 6/8 base an 6 extra points (2pts per Competency gain Intrinsics) will have a greater impact in term of play and value because +1 competency point is extremely low in comparisong of other intrinsics...

Command Intrinsic Abilities

Rank 8 and 9 are fine but On Call should be before than having the Liches as Crew because new player will get crew before having a liches.

I have a suggestion for level 10 Command Intrinsic Ability. You can make it "tactical training" - allows you to train Kuva Liches to be assigned to all battlestations on your railjack not only as a defense. I think that's would be fair. Thank you for all great work you have done by now DE. 

Edited by RomanKost

Can we add Crew Assignment/Roster to the new Plexus panel we put next to Navigation in our Liset?

That way we don't have to go all the way to the dojo to configure it.

Also: How about allowing Crew members that are not currently selected as Railjack Crew, to be summoned with the Command Intrinsic 9 On Call ability?

Edited by Teliko_Freedman
Also.
  • Like 1

Hello DE team,

First, I am very excited for the up date of Command Intrinsic, because I planed to have one lich of every faction in my crew (if the queenpins are convertible).

Just a little disappointed that we can not modified the states of kuva lich crew, as a defender(for now) of the ship they die very quickly at the high level railjack missions.

My suggestion is:

If you could add some thing like mods that we put on our warframes and weapons especially for the liches, for example under the lore of kuva lich you can change their "parts" to increase their ability strenth, health, armor type, and for the corpus lich you can add "computer chip" or "extra generator" to boost their status. For the weapons, as you can not change them, you can add some mods for them, but less than normal weapons, like just 4 instead of 8 and these mods are especially for lichs too.

The pilots are pointless! The only thing they do is move the ship in seemingly random directions. They need to be able to do SOMETHING!

We wouldnt want to make them too good, but ATM the AI Pilots are brainless, Here is how it works in my head:

---->the next stuff has nothing to do with the piloting rank ingame (that just makes then fly faster anyways)!

AI Level 0 (where we are now):

-They dont know what the hell they are doing, are not aware of any enemy /objective

-Not aware of hazards like Shipkiller Laser/Crewships/Missile Lauchers.

-Pilots dont know they have guns or or any manouvers except from "Fly one way"

AI Level 1:

-Fly towards enemys and circle them so gunners can pick them off if they are gone circle next objective.

-Move away when hit with a hazard like Shipkiller Laser/Crewships/Missile Lauchers.

-Pilots dont know they have guns or or any manouvers except from "Fly one way"

AI Level 2:

-Fly towards enemys and circle them so gunners can pick them off, if there are crewships in the objectives point the ship towards the nearest, if they are gone circle next objective.

-Move away when hit with a hazard.

-Pilots dont know they have guns or any manouvers except from "Fly one way" and Strafe around Crewships

AI Level 3:

-Fly towards enemys and circle them so gunners can pick them off, if there are crewships in the objectives point the ship towards the nearest, if they are gone circle next objective and make a gunner shoot the radiator.

-Actively avoid hazards but ignore ramsleds.

-Pilots dont know they have guns or any manouvers except from "Fly one way" and Strafe around Crewships

AI Level 4:

-Fly towards enemys, shoot at them and circle them so gunners can pick them off, if there are crewships in the objectives point the ship towards the nearest and shoot the engines, if they are gone circle next objective and shoot the radiator.

-Actively avoid hazards, ignore ramsleds.

-Pilots using their guns, and dont know any manouvers except from "Fly one way" and Strafe around Crewships, pick up mods and parts on the way and after the objectives

AI Level 5:

-Fly towards enemys, shoot + altfire + abilitys and circle them so gunners can pick them off, if there are crewships in the objectives point the ship towards the nearest and shoot the engines, if they are gone circle next objective and shoot the radiator.

-Actively avoid hazards dodge Ramsleds.

-Pilots using their guns altfire and abilitys, They know how to vector/drift/blink, pick up mods and parts on the way and after the objectives

ATM Pilots of any rank are at 0, the only thing they are aware of is that they can fly in a direction and loosely follow the player(most of the time....). Now, we would not want them at 5 as this is basically player level flying, but level 2 should be the minimum for a working AI Crewmate, and 3 is like it SHOULD work. Remember we are giving up a player spot for those guys, and that should be worth "something". atleast a gunner/pilot combo HAS to be able to destroy radiators (even with a delay)

Edited by Cyloss

PREMISE

The addition of the crew in the railjack has made the experience much more pleasant for those who want to play alone or with a small number of people compensating for the lack of other players in the party.

However, despite the great contribution these NPCs give, they are still subject to many limitations (in particular on the type of actions they can do in their respective role) which make the solo experience clumsy and stagnant.     (examples: The necessity to stop a fight and abandon the rudder in order to craft resources; to change gunners role in order to stop them from shooting unwanted targets; the inability to manage their priority and avoid wasting it on invulnerable objects; the critical damage received while standing still using FA; the very annoyance of transitioning continously between FA and Pilot station and so on) 

MY SUGGESTION

My idea starts from what I think is the fulcrum behind the use of the comand system: the (total or partial) replacement of the coordination with other real players with an engaging customized AI management and consists in being able to give each crew member specific orders related to their role.

ENGINEER

1.  Craft x1 of the selected resource ---[ energy / rj armor / ammo / dome charges ]
  2.  Queue Craft x5 (Starts a queue to craft x5 of the selected resource. Queue will take into account stations and materials availability and stop when one of the previous conditions is not met)
  3.  Cancel Queue  

GUNNER

1. Pause / Unpause Shooting
  2. Prioritize ------ [Fighters/Crewships/Ramlets/Nearest Enemy]
  3. Use Forward Artillery -----> [enter FA Mode]

Set of orders while in [FA Mode]

1. Fire Artillery ! (charge and shoot in the direction of your reticle)
  2. Return to turret ------> [exit FA Mode]

PILOT

1. Set Behaviour          

•    Aggressive  (travel forward main objectives, search for enemies and attack)
  •    Cautious     (avoid engangement, flee from combat but keeping a distance of max 6k meters from main objective, use drift. manouvers if too much damage is received)

2. Stop/ Move Railjack

3. (When firing) Prioritize :

• Figthers
  • Crewships

4. Mark and Attack (Pilot will ignore his current set behaviour and travel to, follow and attack only the marked target. Once destroyed, he will return to previous behaviour)

DEFENDER  -> WARRIOR [PH]

1. Patrol Railjack   (Patrol and defend railjack from invaders)

2. Go into Archwing Slingshot ------> [enter INVADER Mode]

Set of orders while in [INVADER Mode]

1. Invade Crewship

(Warrior is launched into on range crewship on reticle. He will attempt to kill every enemy on the ship. If reactor is destroyed or crewship health drop to 0 he will retreat.)

2.Retreat (any warrior previously dispatched is teleported back on the ship and after few seconds re-enter into the Archwing Slingshot)

3.Return to Patrol -----> [exit INVADER Mode] , exit from slingshot and return to patrol.

HOW TO IMPLEMENT

Orders could be given using the tactical ui OR by making the icons in the player list on top right screen interactable. A click on one of those icon would display a drop-down menu with the options available for the current role of the crew member. 

As for the current system of stat points, I would make the "more advanced" commands unlockable at certain levels. For example: make the "queue craft" unlockable at 5 points invested in the "Engineer" category.

As for the intrinsics and how to unlock this system... in my mind, this would be the perfect rank 9 or 10 ability intrinsics.

FINAL CONSIDERATIONS 

There are many other actions that I would like to put among the possible orders, but they would be much more difficult to code or they would make the game too automated. Many of these, for example, concern the role of Defender, which unfortunately I recognize to be very limited and uncompetitive with the rest of the roles (even with my idea). To this end, I reserve the right to update and improve this idea over time.
In my proposal, I have tried to pursue the delicate balance of providing the player with more tools without allowing them to trivialize the game, but simply to compensate for the absence of other players, with an assignment system that keeps the user mentally engaged while also making the experience more fluid and enjoyable . Hope you found anything of this long post usefull or interesting. Thank you.

Lich Crew Members are suffering on the damage department. They cannot kill Veil Grineer in a reasonable time frame, they always ended up dying. Here are some suggestions.

1. Let us mod their weapons.

2. Let their ability damage scale with enemy level.

Right now, normal crew members are superior to Liches in every scenario. Please let them shine DE.

On 2021-03-29 at 5:45 PM, Nenyx said:

I like the fact that they depend on syndicates. But we should be able to recruit them from our syndicates (and only the ones favorables to us), not from Ticker.

Not sure I like that idea, tbh. It could definitely make more lore sense, but it feels like it'd be a bit too restrictive? Unless... ooh, what if you can get "renegade" ones from Ticker, and also ones from the Syndicates you're friendly with, but the ones you get from the Syndicates have an increased discount compared to Ticker's?

On 2021-03-29 at 5:45 PM, Nenyx said:

Crew should be assigned a main role and a backup role. For example i would like a crew to be "pilot/gunner", so that if i'm gunning he's the pilot, and if i'm piloting he's gunning. We can change the role during a mission with the tactical window, but it's not really smooth.

We ,need some sort of commands for the crew. Like "pilot: go on target, dogfight, evasive manoeuvers, stay out of range and wait for me". Gunners: "repel attacks (ramsleds ...), focus on fighters, disable crewships". Engineer: refill energy dome/ordnances with the forge.

Came here to say that bit about secondary roles. Definitely like the idea of a command wheel or something, too.

• Like 1

Suggestion for improvement:

Let us create waypoints from the inside of the railjack (especially when sitting in the front artillery), so my designated pilot can know where to go or which enemy ship to keep tailing.