Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack: Hotfix 29.10.2

[DE]Megan

vor 13 Stunden schrieb xXPeGaSuSXx:

thats not rly an fix ....loosing items

No, it‘s not.

More like a workaround until its fixed. It was annoying actually and took like 2-4 minutes longer, as we first gathered the entire team at said door. In the end, I was quite happy though that it worked for the rest

7 hours ago, JulioSouza98 said:

Yep Ivara's prowl always drained as you performed actions and as you hit enemies, and i do remember having that ridiculous drain since 2019 (when i picked her). And the drain is not bring afected by power efficiency/dur. 

Should send that to the Trello thingy with a video prof if possible.

I'd like to know if it was default on Ivara's release or DE added it later on I've been around before 2019 and to be honest I've never noticed the drain before, unless I've been oblivious all these years.

Though it's never interfered with how I play Ivara/Prime and using melee in Steel Path I never noticed the energy drain, I guess that's because the enemies are always dropping energy.

I learn something everyday in this game, you never stop learning and that was a big surprise to find that out after all this time.  :awe:

21 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

I'd like to know if it was default on Ivara's release or DE added it later on I've been around before 2019 and to be honest I've never noticed the drain before, unless I've been oblivious all these years.

Though it's never interfered with how I play Ivara/Prime and using melee in Steel Path I never noticed the energy drain, I guess that's because the enemies are always dropping energy.

I learn something everyday in this game, you never stop learning and that was a big surprise to find that out after all this time.  :awe:

Couldn't play today (internet didnt wanted to help). Otherwise i would have tested.

And i noticed since i started using her prowl more, but i never made a big deal about it because i only use her 3 with spy's or to get out of bad situations.
I doubt that this is a recent bug tho, seing old gameplay footage (from like 3/4 years ago) you can see how much it drains.

Edt.: I think more people started to notice because of the melee-meta shift (stealth multi), energize became ''easier'' to get so we can recover energy faster, also helminth made frames more survivable with some abilities. Hope this gets attention it deserves. 

Some feedback on the change from flux to warframe energy:

Railjack needs to change so your energy bar is completely full at the start. As it stands even with Primed Flow equipped I spawn in without enough energy to use any of my battle mods. I've literally not used any of the new battle mods because by the time we've gathered enough components for me to build energy in the forge the space segment of a mission is already over. It's honestly not fun spawning into missions without energy to use any of your battle mods. Not perhaps a problem in low tier missions but I see it becoming a problem with Veil Proxima missions. It also means you need to have a discrete "railjack crew" loadout to account for this rather than before where I could use any warframe loadout I wanted and I'd be fine because warframe mods had no impact on my railjack's performance.

Flux was a better system. As long as we stocked up our flux energy at the dojo we had a full energy bar at the start of our first mission. Even if you made it just personal now I think it would be better than replacing it with warframe energy. 

2 hours ago, JulioSouza98 said:

Couldn't play today (internet didnt wanted to help). Otherwise i would have tested.

And i noticed since i started using her prowl more, but i never made a big deal about it because i only use her 3 with spy's or to get out of bad situations.
I doubt that this is a recent bug tho, seing old gameplay footage (from like 3/4 years ago) you can see how much it drains.

Edt.: I think more people started to notice because of the melee-meta shift (stealth multi), energize became ''easier'' to get so we can recover energy faster, also helminth made frames more survivable with some abilities. Hope this gets attention it deserves. 

It's not a bug, I wish DE would be a lot clearer in their ability description and not leave it up to the people who do the awesome work over on the Wiki to cover it all.

Anyway not a bug I was pointed in the direction of the Wiki where it shows it's part of her, here is the post, which I never knew about.

6 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

It's not a bug, I wish DE would be a lot clearer in their ability description and not leave it up to the people who do the awesome work over on the Wiki to cover it all.

Anyway not a bug I was pointed in the direction of the Wiki where it shows it's part of her, here is the post, which I never knew about.

Good to know is intentional, but honestly i feel like it shouldnt be a thing. On huge amount of groups rhe energy goes away like water.

2 hours ago, Cpt.Apollo45 said:

Railjack needs to change so your energy bar is completely full at the start. As it stands even with Primed Flow equipped I spawn in without enough energy to use any of my battle mods. I've literally not used any of the new battle mods because by the time we've gathered enough components for me to build energy in the forge the space segment of a mission is already over. It's honestly not fun spawning into missions without energy to use any of your battle mods. Not perhaps a problem in low tier missions but I see it becoming a problem with Veil Proxima missions. It also means you need to have a discrete "railjack crew" loadout to account for this rather than before where I could use any warframe loadout I wanted and I'd be fine because warframe mods had no impact on my railjack's performance.

Flux was a better system. As long as we stocked up our flux energy at the dojo we had a full energy bar at the start of our first mission. Even if you made it just personal now I think it would be better than replacing it with warframe energy. 

Yeah. Before update i had 940 flux on my ship. And now cant even cast once since warframe has very low energy, like example u cant use nidus since it has cap 150 energy. Most updates been around to balance warframes, changing things so missions can be done with different warframes and weapons not just specific one and rest become useless. Railjack missions aren't endgame so people shouldn't be forced and own rare mods like Streamline,Fleeting expertise, Primed flow. Only best one for railjack seems lavos, since he got cooldown based railjack skills. 

Minor glitch - not Railjack related: when running conservation on Orb Vallis, my Kubrodon call and pheromones don't show up in my gear wheel. All my other calls and pheromones are there. 

I really like what you've done with Railjack so far. The Corpus missions are great. A few glitches, but still having a lot of fun with it.

On 2021-03-20 at 10:51 AM, Dark_Lugia said:

Thank you <3

unknown.png

If I start from the dojo or via our "Orbiter-Railjack access" I should be imo the host, being forced into a random squad is kind of disappointing.

Honestly DE just needs to implement a Yes/No System under your profile top left when you press Esc that says "Host. Yes/No", toggle what you want and when starting a mission randomly if Yes you're the Host, no matter what. If NO, it looks for a squad, if it doesn't find a squad, then you're the Host.

The fact that it only works as the Second Option right now Unless you have a squad member already in your lobby is dumb.

I did find a bug that pretty much doesn't allow me (or the squad if they are unfortunate enough) to never close the mission reward screen. I have no idea how to replicate this bug, but it is a massive pain because it pretty much forces you to close warframe and loose all of the rewards. With no recompense for being trapped in said bug.

12 hours ago, Cpt.Apollo45 said:

You're doing this wrong, let me show you how this is done:

Under the new system energy pizzas and frames with the ability to generate energy can give you infinite ability to use your railjack's battle mods! We need to bring back flux to nerf this horrible OP broken Saryn Condition Overload Melee is OP Raetaleus Cephalon Shy Video 2021 misogyny [INSERT BUZZWORDS TO CONTINUE]

...That is how you get things changed on these forums.

8 hours ago, -Karliah- said:

please add something so zephyr can brake after flying with 1st skill, like tapping jump,press the skill button again and make her floating while flying pls

sorry but that's the worst idea for zephyr I've ever heard. you can already hold to cast to flick to floating, you can use a slide attack to dispel the additional momentum and just continue like your coming out of a bullet jump, or a slam attack to stop hard. don't over apply duration, it makes the ability faster and you want it to be controllable.

On 2021-03-20 at 9:23 AM, QuickSpy said:

Companions don't get affinity if you're playing solo, their affinity gain is based off of other players (which is stupid and needs to be addressed)

I wasn't playing solo.

20 hours ago, ValloVN said:

Yeah. Before update i had 940 flux on my ship. And now cant even cast once since warframe has very low energy, like example u cant use nidus since it has cap 150 energy. Most updates been around to balance warframes, changing things so missions can be done with different warframes and weapons not just specific one and rest become useless. Railjack missions aren't endgame so people shouldn't be forced and own rare mods like Streamline,Fleeting expertise, Primed flow. Only best one for railjack seems lavos, since he got cooldown based railjack skills. 

yeah I'm planning on creating a Lavos - Pilot loadout specifically because of the cooldowns.

Even if railjack was endgame it shouldn't be designed where to be able to use Battle Mods you need to min/max warframe energy regardless of whether that actually makes sense for the frame (and therefore lock out every frame where min/maxing energy doesn't make sense). I really don't understand why they couldn't have been "flux energy is now personal to you, don't forget to stock up at the dojo each mission!" I can understand why they'd make that player specific (much like warframe energy already was) but I don't get the logic of "flux is now warframe energy! Also you'll always spawn in without enough energy to use any abilities!" At least in ground missions I can just kill things until my energy is topped off passively from orbs but on railjacks I need to kill things -> collect resources/hope the pilot collects resources if I'm a gunner -> stop what I'm doing to go to the forge -> build energy -> go back to what I was doing -> rinse repeat. It's a lot more active steps to use abilities way less often.

From an immersion pov I miss having missiles/dome charges shared. It made feel more like you were drawing from the munitions stores of the railjack and like the engineering skill was more impactful if you opted to skip going to the dojo between missions. Really added to the feel of the railjack being a deep space self sufficient warship.

On 2021-03-22 at 5:57 PM, -Augustus- said:

Go solo the veil exterminate, just park away from the main objectives and let the endless fighter/gox waves wash over you. In about 30 minutes I had:

• Vidar 3 plating
  • Lavan 3 plating
  • Zetki 3 plating (admittedly this seems to be an ultra rare drop and is probably easier to farm on a grineer node with the relevant outrider)
  • 2x Vidar 3 engines
  • Lavan 3 engines
  • 2x Vidar 3 reactor
  • 2x Lavan 3 shield
  • 5x Zekti glazio 3
  • 4x Zekti lathe 3
  • 2x Zekti talyn 3
  • Zetki vort 3
  • 3000+ ticor plate
  • oodles of mods and other resources, only a few hundred credits and 30 endo

So....let me be blunt.  Stating this out loud is a detrimental situation.  Remember the last time that people could game the Railjack system?  It lead to a permanent frame nerf.  Before that, DE freaked out.  Let me elaborate.  During Scarlet Spear Limbo ate a permanent nerf....making only the high duration builds viable.  Before that, people managed to force infinite crewship spawns....and game the affinity system such that you could accumulate bunches of stealth kills.  

Now that you've stated there is a functional passive farm there's a problem DE either has to ignore....or address.

I prefer the method by which you constantly fly around on the Veil exterminate mission.  The problem is that even then you are subject to some pretty garbage RNG.  I managed about 40 minutes personally, and got 9 of one of the new Zetki weapons (7, 4, and 3 of the others respectively).  4 different reactors....of which the only good bit was "if Vidar plating is used with a Vidar reactor you get 25% extra shields."  The engines were also 4....with there being 3 shields.  

What I mean to say is that you can actively farm....and the issue is that you are between a rock and hard place.  If you want to farm components it's a long grind, but easy.  If you want to farm the "unidentified drops" it's a rush mission.  I'm going to finish the component farm....then rush the grind for the random drops.  Why?  Well, there's no reason to continue engaging with Railjack.  Somehow Orphix Venom farming of arcanes is worse than Eidolons.  The regular missions are two poorly connected mission types...satisfying neither the core warframe audience that doesn't have to play Railjack to get core content, and not satisfying the railjack audience because it's a jarring removal from the content you signed up for.

So we're clear here, I get DE's motivation.  Provide more railjack content, link it to core warframe, and smooth out the grind by having less but more "diverse" missions.  The problems are that the railjack's new content is largely weapons that are hard to justify.  The new game modes are still largely exterminates....but they end with a random other mission type.  The smoothing out and loss of missions isn't bad....but the replacements are largely idiotic because there's no reason that a defense or exterminate should be chosen except for expedience.  That's the core of the issue....after stating exactly how DE was going to make us want to come back to this game mode, it's not worth it.  It's yet another garbage RNG drop setup, forcing engagement by poor numbers.  That's.....frustrating.  So we are clear, that's garbage by RNG drop, RNG status, RNG transparency only at the end of missions, and finally RNG by the only extended content being a rushed version of Orphix Venom with 12 kills required for any arcane....the one draw, as a parallel to Eidolon fights, is even bad by a forced fast-forward speed.  Ouch.

3 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

So....let me be blunt.  Stating this out loud is a detrimental situation.  Remember the last time that people could game the Railjack system?  It lead to a permanent frame nerf.  Before that, DE freaked out.  Let me elaborate.  During Scarlet Spear Limbo ate a permanent nerf....making only the high duration builds viable.  Before that, people managed to force infinite crewship spawns....and game the affinity system such that you could accumulate bunches of stealth kills.  

Now that you've stated there is a functional passive farm there's a problem DE either has to ignore....or address.

You're not wrong, but if DE wants to keep shooting its own game in the foot, I'm not going to self-censor in an attempt to limit the damage they choose to inflict. Also, I should have been clearer re: "wash over" - I was actively playing in AW, not enjoying the passive loot farm that is letting your RJ sit with crew gunners. Which as it turns out is the only reason I got any wreckage drops *at all* from all those gox/weaver kills 🤣

1 hour ago, -Augustus- said:

You're not wrong, but if DE wants to keep shooting its own game in the foot, I'm not going to self-censor in an attempt to limit the damage they choose to inflict. Also, I should have been clearer re: "wash over" - I was actively playing in AW, not enjoying the passive loot farm that is letting your RJ sit with crew gunners. Which as it turns out is the only reason I got any wreckage drops *at all* from all those gox/weaver kills 🤣

This is not an argument....I don't believe that DE is doing themselves any favors by pushing out this 29.10.x update on PC only.

That being said, my point is lost in the nuance here.  I don't believe that they entirely know how their own game works.  This has been demonstrated time and again when they push out a release with what seems like negligible quality controls, blame players for "breaking the game" by using "exploits," and so often we discover that the "exploits" requiring patching are simply utilizing existing gaming structures in a way that somehow is the fault of the players rather than a fault of DE rushing things out the door with what feels like quality control being their fifth concern behind simply having a new RNG system to increase engagement times because the content isn't there.

This being said, sharing the idea that any mission can functionally be a "loot cave" isn't really going to do us any favors.  Based upon the history, DE is going to react by crushing the perceived threat....so by telling us "the grind isn't bad if you simply cheese it" you're inviting a nerf that is either going to make it suck for future players to get loot or you're going to invite dramatic changes to rewards that make it impossible to do anything but cheese it to get anything resembling enough rewards to be satisfied.  Neither of these outcomes is ideal, and the greatest issue is that it's a roll of the dice here.  Will this be a another steel essence farm, or will it be farming Harrow's parts (looking at you defection)?  Either way, it's taking this game mode and making it worse.  Railjack doesn't need worse at this point.  3 complete revisions in less than 18 months is enough.

You're welcome to, in contrast, believe that DE needs the feedback here to fix things.  I don't believe so.  They've demonstrated literal years of nuclear responses to minor feedback.  I'm not one to appreciate this.  I don't really want to have to grind a dozen railjack missions because DE decided to hard cap spawns at some arbitrarily low value, but if we consistently demonstrate that an infinite spawn is a farm it's always going to be their response.

So in about an hour total mission time of solo veil exterminate around 87 wreaks dropped, however about a quarter of those were mk 1.

Total kills was just over 1000 with ai gunners doing a lot of it, 4 intrinsic points were gained (with the reward booster).

This is a handy way to complete new components, as for a reaction to this who knows? I imagine Lavos will suffer something for not using the new bs energy idea.

If this new railjack was meant to be an improvement I really can not think that DE will react in a positive way, loot tables are severely diluted, orphix will probably never be played and things like the non opening doors that have been around forever are still there. 

On 2021-03-22 at 11:45 PM, cliffghost said:

At start you only have the starter energy from your chosen warframe and there are no energy orbs from killed space fighters to fill that gap afaik.

Conclusion? Use energizing dash from Zenurik focus school, eat energy pizzas, get energy orbs in side missions (containers, lockers, enemies) or don't use the weapons at beginning. You may complain about it, but I assure you that it is more convenient and efficient to use one of the first two solutions.

hth

I may sound like complaining but not really. I'm just looking around see what stuff is missing here & there is all. Yes i do stock & use those pizza from time to time.

I like more than half of the railjack 3.0 shipped though majority goes to art & sound dept. magnificent job they did as always. While the gameplay flow part feels clunky or having pit stop here and there, i believe that it may be improved further down the road.

6 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

This is not an argument....I don't believe that DE is doing themselves any favors by pushing out this 29.10.x update on PC only.

That being said, my point is lost in the nuance here.  I don't believe that they entirely know how their own game works.  This has been demonstrated time and again when they push out a release with what seems like negligible quality controls, blame players for "breaking the game" by using "exploits," and so often we discover that the "exploits" requiring patching are simply utilizing existing gaming structures in a way that somehow is the fault of the players rather than a fault of DE rushing things out the door with what feels like quality control being their fifth concern behind simply having a new RNG system to increase engagement times because the content isn't there.

This being said, sharing the idea that any mission can functionally be a "loot cave" isn't really going to do us any favors.  Based upon the history, DE is going to react by crushing the perceived threat....so by telling us "the grind isn't bad if you simply cheese it" you're inviting a nerf that is either going to make it suck for future players to get loot or you're going to invite dramatic changes to rewards that make it impossible to do anything but cheese it to get anything resembling enough rewards to be satisfied.  Neither of these outcomes is ideal, and the greatest issue is that it's a roll of the dice here.  Will this be a another steel essence farm, or will it be farming Harrow's parts (looking at you defection)?  Either way, it's taking this game mode and making it worse.  Railjack doesn't need worse at this point.  3 complete revisions in less than 18 months is enough.

You're welcome to, in contrast, believe that DE needs the feedback here to fix things.  I don't believe so.  They've demonstrated literal years of nuclear responses to minor feedback.  I'm not one to appreciate this.  I don't really want to have to grind a dozen railjack missions because DE decided to hard cap spawns at some arbitrarily low value, but if we consistently demonstrate that an infinite spawn is a farm it's always going to be their response.

I'm certainly not trying to give DE feedback to make changes, and I don't care what the grind looks like a few days/weeks/months from now when I may not even still be playing WF and certainly won't be grinding these particular things. I was discussing ways to play the game as it exists now, with others who are playing that game now, because that's the only real reason to bother with these forums. I'll leave the navel-gazing about risks of talking about normal game play experiences to wise persons like yourself.

And if you think my commentary was a "detrimental situation"...woo boy, check this loot out 

Archived