Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack: Hotfix 29.10.2

[DE]Megan

On 2021-03-20 at 6:26 AM, Raanel_Tarlan said:

Is it only me,or orphix missions became to intense to solo them? It was fine at operation and i was having enough time to walk between them,but at missions they just spamming,there were moments where i just destroyed resonators,and new orphix arrived. I haven't checked it after hotfix,but i doubt it was fixed,as its wasn't mentioned in fix.

And having to put forma everywhere is just brutal,warframes,weapons,companions,kuva weapons that require 5 forma to get full MR,archwings,arch guns,necramechs that also required at least 5 forma,and now we have to forma our railjacks,thats too much in my opinion.

As for the part of the orphix I agree, but to put form on everything is what makes the game to be what it is. I was already finding it strange not to have this kind of thing in rj ... 

Mission failed screen when forced to exit any mission, causes FPS to tank to 1 for like 30 sec.  Trying to initiate my own RJ mission gets me stuck in the eternal "warp" animation on the ship.  Launching from the AW slingshot gets you stuck in a launch animation, and you're in a Titania sized model flying inside the ship's walls until you interact with the "leave railjack" ports.

Reposting this because while the changes to Lavos are nice, they still don't address his actual problems.

Lavos: The Good & The Bad.

Good
- Lavos looks fantastic, so much so that I can't even bring myself to put attachments over his awesome little baubles.
- Lavos is dynamic and interesting.  It's nice to have a frame that can "adapt" to whatever threat is thrown at them and actually has engaging and mindful gameplay.
- Leech eximus are no longer the bane of my existence!  F@#% them.
- Lavos potentially can scale very well.

Bad
- Lavos' cooldowns are awkward.  Namely Catalyze's cooldown is FAR too long compared to not only the other cooldowns in his kit, the cooldown reduction received from Transmutation Probe (will talk more on that), but also the actual current value gotten from this ability for its required setup.
- Transmutation Probe offers extremely minimal returns as far as cooldown reduction.  I understand its meant to aim it for a "group" but the fact of the matter is that this frame has no inherent grouping mechanic, so unless we're meant to be entirely reliant on using other gear (which opens up the anti-build diversity can of worms) we're literally just hoping that RNG allows the enemies to group up enough to see an even noticeable dent in our cooldowns.
- Ability durations.  While Vial Rush leaves a rather long lasting trail, for some reason both Transmutation Probe and Catalyze are gone almost instantaneously, further reducing any kind of benefit that could be gained from them.  Transmutation Probe might not even be as bad as it currently is if the range were extended and it were made more of a stationary "checkpoint" similar to Xaku's abilities.
- Vial Rush suffers from the Tidal Surge/Zephyr problem.  We don't really want these abilities that are centered around launching our frame in a random direction when the main focus of the ability is meant to be some sort of CC or damage dealer.  Abilities like the previously mentioned more often than not just cause us to fling ourselves into some hole in the tileset or disorient ourselves entirely because we're launched way too far too fast and our target is now a mile away.
- Catalyze suffers from the V1 Gara problem.  Catalyze only really works if you're on an almost entirely flat tileset, otherwise the ability does absolutely nothing to enemies that are slightly above or below you, this is further compounded by the previously mentioned non-existent duration.
- Overall damage output/investment.  While Catalyze CAN do significant damage, it either requires an extra-infused cast of every single ability in his kit on each individual target, which is a nightmare for all the previously mentioned reasons, or it requires a "Conditon Overload" weapon to be paired with him at all times, which again opens up the anti-build diversity topic.

Proposed Fixes (Not necessarily all required together, but to address each problem individually)
- Increase Transmutation Probe's cooldown reduction ~3x.
- Increase duration of both Transmutation Probe & Catalyze SIGNIFICANTLY.
- Make Vial Rush "throw" vials forward for the full distance even if canceled early so that it can instead be quickly tapped twice to create the same line of effect or can still be tapped once and left alone to run the full duration to keep its mobility aspect.
- Make Catalyze an "orb" rather than a disc, or at the very least a wall that drops to the floor like Gara's Mass Vitrify (it is a drone emitting gas after all, unless it's lighter than air it stands to reason it would fall).
- Take the "damage doubled per element" aspect out of Catalyze specifically and instead add it into his passive so that all of his abilities become more effective the more he or his teammates spread elemental effects.  Could also potentially convert it so that instead of doubling per element it doubles per proc and lower the base damage to have a more gradual but overall higher scaling.

Give us back RAILJACK-missions!!!

I enjoyed that mode A LOT - especially for being so DIFFERENT from the repetitive boredom of ground missions.

But now you're telling me I maxed out my RJ only for being demoted from former space-fighter to a frickin bus-driver into even more of that same boring ground-stuff?

It's really ridiculous how little faith the dev-team seems to have in the attractiveness of their recent product : Or why else would they feel obliged to force us into the new RJ-content by taking away Gian Point and Ruse?

Am I blind or is there no wreckage markers for corpus railjack? I've been wondering whether the Gox fighters drop tables where even legit seeing as how I never once got a wreckage from killing them. Yet after closely following a Gox fighter and killing it. I did manage to see a purple tinted drop indicating it was a wreckage, it was so tiny that I could've missed it if I wasn't right ontop of it. This lead me to ask, why is there no purple icon marker indicating there is a wreckage there? Care to explain how this is something that was passed by?

Edit: I just did a solo farm on corpus railjack and yes, wreckages are not marked. You can tell because the wreckage is a tiny little purple speck that is barely visible unless you are staring directly at it. It is unlootable via the railjack, you must fly out on archwing and loot it. Also there is collision on the drop and it will fly off into outer space if you don't keep track of it after Gox fighter dies.

Necramech affinity doesn't give intrinsic points. Pretty easy to test, you'll find out pretty quick.

Also I would love a shorter cooldown for the on-call, it makes solo missions much easier, but there are too many things that can kill the crew member instantly

Comparing the two orphix nodes on Pluto Proxima I realized that the big problem lies in the latter, the lags that affect the player's performance lock the game, but not the sentient control count and the spawn time of the orphix. Which means that if they appear every 10 seconds and the game crashes for 8 seconds, we'll have an orphix every 2 seconds even in solo play. What makes me happy is that really this is a bug that makes the game understand the attack on orphix runs in real time, even in solo mode. 

I know some people already said it here, but i feel the need to post it anyway. It feels like the fixes to minor things only come when people start screaming everywhere and making unecessary 'noise'. Where's the Test Cluster again? So many bugs that could've been prevented before release such as companion's affinity and the defense missions. Speaking of bugs, many of the ones we see being posted here are also on the bug report page, some of then for years now, such as my previous post of the Vaykor Sydon (other 3 people have posted there, since early 2019)

I have faith on you guys.. DE PLSS

Anyway.. Vauban's Vortex isnt doing the big succ anymore.

Dear De,

I really like the direction you took with the Railjack changes and found it really enjoying so far.

however, in my opinion there are Two topics i would like to address :

1. a way for players to host their Railjack in public if possible.

2.Reconsider  the changes of flux/energy- my main issue I find with this change is the fact that the energy pool is too small compare to the cost of Railjack abilities (unless choosing specific Warframe or  modified specifically) while the energy recovery can be extremely high making Railjack abilities usage come in a burst rather than a moderate manner.

On 2021-03-20 at 6:26 PM, MONSTERaider said:

Not to mention you spend credits as well, some mods are like prime mods, I spent millions to max everything up, and yes the endo we got is less to compensate for it.

yea... Ure right...

when I posted my comment, I was to upset with this strange change, that I didn’t even remember that with the endo, the credits are also charged!!
this was so very bad!  :(((

3 hours ago, JulioSouza98 said:

I know some people already said it here, but i feel the need to post it anyway. It feels like the fixes to minor things only come when people start screaming everywhere and making unecessary 'noise'. Where's the Test Cluster again? So many bugs that could've been prevented before release such as companion's affinity and the defense missions. Speaking of bugs, many of the ones we see being posted here are also on the bug report page, some of then for years now, such as my previous post of the Vaykor Sydon (other 3 people have posted there, since early 2019)

I have faith on you guys.. DE PLSS

Anyway.. Vauban's Vortex isnt doing the big succ anymore.

So, you have found a way to get the enemy into a synced breakdance, I see they have mastered the first step. :tongue: :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, Wesleysniped said:

a new bug if found is with ivara yjay when u stealh it drains energy per melee hit like u have her 4 active wich means u are almost unable to use melee while stealthed

that's not a bug? that is literally the intended mechanic for her 3.

10 minutes ago, Wesleysniped said:

a new bug if found is with ivara yjay when u stealh it drains energy per melee hit like u have her 4 active wich means u are almost unable to use melee while stealthed

Prowl drains 1 point of energy per second while stationary and drains 3 energy per second while walking. Additionally, melee attacks consume 2 energy per hit, and taking damage consumes 10 energy per hit. Prowl will end if Ivara runs out of energy, if certain maneuvers are performed that break the cloak, or if deactivated by pressing the ability key again (default 3 ).

Taken from wiki.

Hey DE can you ever release an update that is not bugged or messed up in some way?

The things that are totally messed up with current railjack system:

1. No shooting while drifting in railjack. This piloting style was useful for taking out ramsledges pretty easily instead of relying on missiles.
  2. Linking the energy pool of a warframe to the casting ability of railjack. Did you guys forget that frames like Inaros and Nidus exist? cuz they hardly use any builds needing energy pool mods like flow
  3. Changing the health, armor and shield value of railjack based on the mods you apply, not the parts you use. So seriously you want us to play butt-naked in the middle of a fire fight just to have our best health and armor ratings.
  4. Removal of useful avionics like Polar coil and bundling them into the 'Railjack Aura' mods. This is the dumbest thing i have seen so far. So basically players are forced to not get the best health and shields while fighting and using guns.
  5. The increment of dome charge limit of the railjack when more charges are forged. Seroiusly? why can we not have the entire limit shown to us from start? How will that break the game.
  6. FORMA system for railjcak, which is supposed to be just jump in and go system. So basically we are forced to forma our railjacks just to get to a setup where we can be confident it can take on heavy enemies without dying.
  7. The AI pilots and engineers who cannot pilot the craft even if their lives depend on it, or the ones who cannot forge dome charges when you need them.

We got some problems at the greneer and corpus maps that the door doesnt open while they are green. Operator cuz of laags doesnt work so it must be abit more poor to fix it.

2nd Thing if u try to start an next mission in an railjackmission the popup in the left uppon corner doesnt appear for partymembers so it sometimes not startable if an partymember trolls and start the next mission insteat of going back to drydock.

3th Some Inaros dying instand with 7000 life on the new maps out of nowhere and falling down out of map, maybe u practive thoose maps with an inaros to notice where they could be.

4th if everyone is inthe corpus mission (last section) and some action is outsite at railjack the fps drops down maybe u freeze the outsite like the ship it allready do to save some fps

5th create an all the time leave button on the map (like the door from open world (no statconsumed)) to run around bugs because stuck in bugs sucks!

vor 33 Minuten schrieb xXPeGaSuSXx:

We got some problems at the greneer and corpus maps that the door doesnt open while they are green.

I second that. I was host and Alt-F4‘d (after announcing a forced migration). Relogged and rejoined the party. They were able to move on through a door in the meantime (sadly finished tje mission so my loot was gone)

Archived