Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Post Railjack 3.0] Hijacking Crewships is still not worth it.

DrivaMain

I tried the new Raider Aura and hijacked a Corpus crewship in The Veil only to found out that the improvement are abysmal. It still took me a lot of clips to mow down a single fighter. My Railjack on the other hand can shoot down dozens of fighters before the gun overheats. 

It’s very unfortunate you guys spend a lot of dev resources to include this cool gameplay mechanic but it’s not that viable in gameplay. Please do something about this. I can suggest two solution.

1. Let the Plexus work on Hijacked crewship weapons. Applying battle avionics may not make sense, but the main 8 mod slots should work. While we’re at it, buff the raider’s matrix aura. 45% increase is still too small.
  2. Let crewship weapons scale with enemy level.

Update 1 :  Another thing I would like to add is hijacking crewships should count towards the mission objective. Railjack space objective demand crewship destruction. It would be nice to change from “Crewship destroyed” to “Crewship destroyed or captured”. It would definitely help encourage hijacking and doesn’t cause disagreements between squadmates because hijacked crewships cannot be destroyed with the artillery thus slowing down the mission.

It's mostly a tactical option that you just wipe out the enemy crew and leave it there so you can deal with it later. Although I do agree and if these changes are introduced to the game... It would make the option of actually commandeer it and operate it far more considerable. After all the crewships are rather tanky targets and take some fire away from the railjack.

Friend of mine just said he mostly just wipes out the enemy crew completely and leave the ship flying so he can deal with them later.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb SilentMashiko:

would be cool to send liches there to commandeer crewships, so we could create our own fleet

That's actually not only pretty cool and would improve the current lack of lich purpose in RJ with their defender limitation, but it also makes sense.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

That's actually not only pretty cool and would improve the current lack of lich purpose in RJ with their defender limitation, but it also makes sense.

It does make sense thematically. Liches can “enthrall” others to make them obey and gain some of their powers.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb DrivaMain:

It does make sense thematically. Liches can “enthrall” others to make them obey and gain some of their powers.

It also would be the "late game" unlock for people who advanced through RJ, MR and the starchart/quests for the Lich and the intrinsic to use it as crew to get a "second ship" at the cost of a flexible crew member (I heard defender is currently the worst role as well) in RJ. I really like the general idea.

17 minutes ago, SilentMashiko said:

would be cool to send liches there to commandeer crewships, so we could create our own fleet

I'd love that. Like, some device near the pilot you can hack and that will summon one of your Liches to take control of the Ship.

And then, while piloting your RJ you can hear your Lich sprout nonsense every time he/she destroys a ship or gets shot at

vor 1 Minute schrieb Chewarette:

I'd love that. Like, some device near the pilot you can hack and that will summon one of your Liches to take control of the Ship.

And then, while piloting your RJ you can hear your Lich sprout nonsense every time he/she destroys a ship or gets shot at

"Time to pay the idiot tax!"

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

"Time to pay the idiot tax!"

I'd definitely grind for a Lich with the "Fear of Space Travel" trait. Hatred of Corpus lines are nice too

Space. Spaaace! Limitless... void! Crushing existential dread! Get it together Lich...

I hate space. If I wanted to be crushed by infinite meaninglessness I'd read your diary.

Space! Infinite... space! Should never have come here!

Space! Ghosts of space, incalculable void. My mind a recursive plummeting loop.

42 minutes ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

A positive side effect of making hijacking worth it could also be that the slingshot might become more useful.

The slingshot could use some love in general; it's mostly ignored now in every public crew I've hit railjack with.

Boarding anything other than the crewships with it is highly finicky to a degree that it's better to just archwing over. That should be corrected--slingshotting at any boardable thing should put some english on the shot to get you into the entry zone without needing to aim right at the entry door.

Perhaps a plexus mod, or an additional piloting intrinsic effect, could be added to let the slingshot bypass the shields that otherwise you just bonk to a stop against. Or to destroy those shields in its own right without taking out nodes, since you're basically acting as a tenno cannonball.

I also really like the idea of the lich taking over crewships, so of course they should have their own lines when they load themselves into the slingshot to go do exactly that.

56 minutes ago, SilentMashiko said:

That... is actually quite brilliant! I love it :) Yes, please. Rather than putting my Lich on my ship, can I please have it commandeer enemy ships for me? I go in, clear the ship out, call in my Lich, I have an allied Crew Ship. Could be on a timer, could be until the ship blows up, could be permanently - why not?

If you can also give me a fourth Crew slot specifically dedicated to Liches and limited to only Defence, those two changes would be perfect.

Another major flaw is that Crewships piloted by the Player also don't pickup loot, or at least don't have the vacuum range of the RJ ship.

It would've also been nice to have the same access to its systems as an AI does, so this is about a bit more interaction with the Crewships.

• Being able to launch the Ramsleds into another Crewhip:
  1. Manually rig the pod with explosive with a prompt, using resources you acquire along the way. This will inflict direct damage, permanently reducing the Crewship's Hull by 50% (first it breaches the hull and then detonates inside), and if the Crewship is already below such threshold, it will finish it off just like the Tunguska cannon.
  2. Don't rig the pod and instead just fire an empty pod at it which will compromise integrity of the Crewship reducing its Hull by 25%, thus helping whoever is operating the Tunguska cannon at the moment.
  • Since there's no such word as overkill, one can, of course, fire the Ramsled at some poor fighters annihilating it into a cosmic dust. Permission to have fun granted.
  • The number of available Ramsleds would vary from 0 to 4, depending on if an AI one fired those before or not.

• Being able to deploy healing bubbles (Grineer) or protective shields (Corpus):
  1. Railjack can park inside the bubble to repair, but doing so will also drain the bubble itself, and with so many fighters around shooting at it shrinking it won't last that long;
  2. Since the shielding protects only the Crewship, the Corpus could have a bubble counterpart in the form of a pulse restoring the RJ's shields.

Access to such actions/systems could be directly tied to Gunnery/Engineer Intrinsics.

35 minutes ago, Thundervision said:

Manually rig the pod with explosive with a prompt, using resources you acquire along the way. This will inflict direct damage, permanently reducing the Crewship's Hull by 50% (first it breaches the hull and then detonates inside), and if the Crewship is already below such threshold, it will finish it off just like the Tunguska cannon.

It would be great that the detonations killed all crew members inside.

I have some addition to make Hijacking more interesting in the reward side of things.

After you hijack a ship you can download it’s manifest. Doing so will give you an item from the cache drop table or a unique drop table as a reward. 

Maybe our super advanced AI could pilot it and do some gunnery after we capture it...in between lines of witty repartee, of course. I wouldn't want to completely prevent it from fulfilling it's primary function. Oh wait, yes, I would.

Hey I made this exact same post more than a year ago when Railjack first came out! Glad to see DE is finally taking heed.

While you're at it DE, please use the same buff for Ramparts and Dargyns. They also have wasted implemented functionality due to them not scaling, and are also currently one-time novelties.

Another interesting side topic to consider is that any catastrophic failures of Railjack shouldn't lead to mission failure. Instead, everyone could migrate to a crewship as the mission's new base of operations, and we could have a Zanuka-style recovery mission to get your Railjack back! (The Corpus captains have lines like "Bring me that railjack" but they never try to actually capture it, just destroy it. Would be cool if they managed to capture it when you get catastrophic failure).

5 hours ago, Chewarette said:

I wonder if that would make a pretty cool addition to the Command Intrinsic. Imagine hijacking a ship, then long pressing the console to summon one of your Liches and leaving them in charge. If DE can't remove the Defender-only restriction of Liches for whatever reason, taht would be a nice compromise for their use.

14 hours ago, Chewarette said:

This sounds really cool!

Yeah, crewships still deal no damage and they move so slow they are basically unusable.

Sucks because one of the thing people want in RJ is four players piloting a ship simultaneously, yet currently the only ship worth piloting is the Railjack.

Second the fact the plexus and everything the player unlocked in RJ should apply to the crewships.

On 2021-03-30 at 7:51 AM, Thundervision said:

Another major flaw is that Crewships piloted by the Player also don't pickup loot, or at least don't have the vacuum range of the RJ ship.

It would've also been nice to have the same access to its systems as an AI does, so this is about a bit more interaction with the Crewships.

• Being able to launch the Ramsleds into another Crewhip:
  1. Manually rig the pod with explosive with a prompt, using resources you acquire along the way. This will inflict direct damage, permanently reducing the Crewship's Hull by 50% (first it breaches the hull and then detonates inside), and if the Crewship is already below such threshold, it will finish it off just like the Tunguska cannon.
  2. Don't rig the pod and instead just fire an empty pod at it which will compromise integrity of the Crewship reducing its Hull by 25%, thus helping whoever is operating the Tunguska cannon at the moment.
  • Since there's no such word as overkill, one can, of course, fire the Ramsled at some poor fighters annihilating it into a cosmic dust. Permission to have fun granted.
  • The number of available Ramsleds would vary from 0 to 4, depending on if an AI one fired those before or not.

• Being able to deploy healing bubbles (Grineer) or protective shields (Corpus):
  1. Railjack can park inside the bubble to repair, but doing so will also drain the bubble itself, and with so many fighters around shooting at it shrinking it won't last that long;
  2. Since the shielding protects only the Crewship, the Corpus could have a bubble counterpart in the form of a pulse restoring the RJ's shields.

Access to such actions/systems could be directly tied to Gunnery/Engineer Intrinsics.

At that point, why not just have your own customized Crewship you can warp / translate in during an RJ mission?

2 hours ago, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

At that point, why not just have your own customized Crewship you can warp / translate in during an RJ mission?

That will kill the appeal of hijacking, which is probably something DE will not want.

Archived