Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A somewhat wishful idea for Nidus prime's appearance

Going to just get right into it.

I don't think Nidus prime should have the standard Orokin gold filigree you come to expect with your average primed Warframe, it just doesn't fit his theme. People say he can't be primed, but obviously he will be, there is no denying that. But that doesn't mean he'll look like every other prime frame.

So, here we have an image of some Orokin and Infested fish from our open world environments. You can see the evolution from ornate Orokin design to infested mutation. What was once golden trim has morphed into vibrant tendrils, what was shiny metal is now twisted flesh. Orokin design corrupted by the infestation is clearly already a theme in-game and I think its one we can use to imagine future content in this vein.

Fish-Chart.png

So, it could be possible that Nidus Prime will not be adorned with golden Orokin metals as you would assume but instead with what those bits have been twisted into by infestation. Imagine Nidus prime not with golden crests and filigree, but with waving infested tendrils and complex fins of flesh. These adornments making him look just as regal as any other prime frame with complexity and style but meaty and disgusting as you'd come to expect from Nidus.

I was excited to see Nidus prime because I was wanting to see him prior to becoming mutated by infestation.

However, I wouldn’t really mind this either. What I think is more practical though, is for Nidus prime to look like a prime. Then his tennogen skins/ skins can further explore the infested aesthetic. 

1 hour ago, Soy77 said:

Saryn prime has exist for years.

Personally, I despise Saryn’s prime and still use her default head and skin. The prime mixing her head tails and main body colour together really ruined the skin for me. Specially when the default separates those two channels.

5 hours ago, Drasiel said:

That's an orokin fish mutated by the infestation. Warframes are an infested strain mutated by the orokin, opposite direction. It makes perfect sense for nidus to have gold bits.

I wasn't saying it didn't make sense as far as the lore, simply that it'd look a lot cooler if instead of tacky gold bits hot-glued onto an infested frame, they gave him a thematically appropriate appearance based on what we know an infested Orokin creature can look like. Of course they could take the easy route but it'd look a lot more interesting if they didn't.

and hell, Nidus' entire theme is an ever expanding mutation. Who's to say that Nidus Prime wouldn't have mutated over centuries to look like the fish evolution chart pictured above?

4 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

If I'm correct the warframes are covered in some bio-metal so any warframe can be primed including Nidus. Since their skin is part of their bodies.

Correct, every frame will be primed at some point. Regardless of their theme, backstory or any other factor.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Her theme is disease not infestation

i was referring to the design language instead of actual canon.

saryn prime, infested fishes in deimos, pretty much the same design language.
i vaguely remember how DE (could be pablo? cmiiw) made a huge deal about her being the first prime who have asymmetric limbs designs.

I wouldn't be surprised if DE maybe drew some inspiration from his Phryke Deluxe Skin, particularly it's mutated form, where Nidus is adorned with additional metallic ornaments. or maybe he'll get the Excalibur/Frost Prime treatments and just be regular Nidus with some gold bits slapped on (probably not).

I imagine him as a version of Nidus with a "golden infection" runnign through veins over his body, maybe even with additional mouths/eyes on other parts of his body that are gilded. imagine a Resident Evil Monster (one of the REALLY mutated ones), but soaked in liquid gold, and that's sort of what he might look like.

it'd be a good opportunity for a prime that somehow looks both Regal, yet grotesque at the same time. I don't know if DE's design team can pull it off, but I look forward to seeing them try!

7 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

I wasn't saying it didn't make sense as far as the lore, simply that it'd look a lot cooler if instead of tacky gold bits hot-glued onto an infested frame, they gave him a thematically appropriate appearance based on what we know an infested Orokin creature can look like. Of course they could take the easy route but it'd look a lot more interesting if they didn't.

and hell, Nidus' entire theme is an ever expanding mutation. Who's to say that Nidus Prime wouldn't have mutated over centuries to look like the fish evolution chart pictured above?

eh you think it'd look better but I'd rather have a more metallic nidus; colouring all his fleshy bits is always a bit of a PITA. I use the phryke skin explicitly because I don't enjoy how fleshy nidus is.  A non metallic completely fleshy nidus prime would be absolutely the worst in my books.

17 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

eh you think it'd look better but I'd rather have a more metallic nidus; colouring all his fleshy bits is always a bit of a PITA. I use the phryke skin explicitly because I don't enjoy how fleshy nidus is.  A non metallic completely fleshy nidus prime would be absolutely the worst in my books.

And I don't use the phrike skin (i do own it though) because its not fleshy enough. lol

Archived