Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we stop with the Railjack..

Im not a huge fan of railjack. Railjack is really time-consuming and boring in my opinion. I've put in quite a bit of time trying to learn the mechanics and do the missions, but I just suck at railjack. All my comrades hate railjack also, and they won't play it with me, and it makes me not wanna play when theres soo much better stuff we could be doing on the game thats fun. One thing were really enjoying is a little conclave.. My fear is in the future, alot of the content will be locked behind railjack, so Im really trying to master it now, but I suck.. Warframe is like they only game where you can have 1600 hours played and still feel like a absolute noob when some new random feature comes out that no one likes, but DE demands engagement LOL. I'm not going to lie, after over a thousand hours played on any game, I want to feel like I can master any new system that comes out with ease, but that's just me.. 

-A Tenno Rises-

21 minutes ago, (PSN)remo_yesman said:

want to feel like I can master any new system that comes out with ease, but that's just me.. 

I don't know, this sounds like your problem rather than anything to do with Railjack. I found it fairly easy to get the hang of - it is pretty straightforward, the missions are fairly similar to normal ones.

RJ is pretty tedious though. I was expecting it to be much more fleshed out than it is, and the controls to be far better.

This! 100x yes!

Personally, as you, I hate it & I find it boring. Add "playing solo" (having bad pc/connection) and it's even worse than your experience. Every update is "into RJ". Orphix? RJ. New frame? RJ. New game modes? RJ. I'm gathering Plat so I don't have to play RJ & I can buy Yareli.

I get it that some people like it or they are ok. However for people like us, OP, In case of Open worlds it weren't that different. You get "old WF" that we liked it. It introduced new things (Bosses: Eidolons, Orb, Mechs; fishing, mining etc) but most of it you can do whenever you want. In case of RJ you have to go "full" into RJ. You cannot even farm something because you need to finish mission. It's not even like Archwing where you can get some gear OUTSIDE mission and level them up in some lowlevel not dangerous missions. RJ doesn't have that.

I wish they went with game modes instead of whole "star chart".

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

I don't know, this sounds like your problem rather than anything to do with Railjack. I found it fairly easy to get the hang of - it is pretty straightforward, the missions are fairly similar to normal ones.

It's probably our fault in some aspect as well (I'm not into RJ as well). However RJ isn't that easy for me. I think probably most systems are easier than RJ.

The only content behind railjack is:

• railjack itself
  • 4 or 6 weapons
  • 3 or 4 frames
  • 1 sentinel
  • 1 or 3 game modes

If you and your friends don't like it or don't want to master it, you can not be "true masters" in the grind.
Just move along to what activity provides fun to you

I actually really like RJ, but what bothers me is the way it is integrated (or rather how it is not integrated) into the game. The rewards are rather lackluster, the mission types lack variety (also I would love more mission types, that don't treat RJ like a better taxi) and it still suffers from balancing issues and bugs. 

Aside from that it has just so much potential that is just waiting to be unleashed and it is not among the things I would like to see removed from the game...

Railjack was part of the initial vision of the game, but was cut out due to budget and technical limitations at the time. Today they've started to work on it. We've been playing the game the way they do not originally intend it to be... for 6 years (2019 was the initial release of Railjack). So yes, you either accept that RJ will become part of the game from now on.. or you don't, DE isn't gonna stop either way.

21 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Railjack was part of the initial vision of the game, but was cut out due to budget and technical limitations at the time. Today they've started to work on it. We've been playing the game the way they do not originally intend it to be... for 6 years (2019 was the initial release of Railjack). So yes, you either accept that RJ will become part of the game from now on.. or you don't, DE isn't gonna stop either way.

Huh! I didn't know this. Where'd you learn this?

19 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Huh! I didn't know this. Where'd you learn this?

There was an interview with Steve after Tennocon 2019. It was done by PCGamer.

Article

https://www.pcgamer.com/15-years-later-warframe-is-finally-close-to-realizing-its-original-vision/

Steve’s quote regarding this 

“It would be cool if we could go into space, but we have no time. Execute on what we know we can execute on.”

It's hard to get started with railjack, but eventually it becomes as easy as anything else. Here's what helps:

• In your clan dojo you can research MkIII parts for your ship. These are incredibly cheap although roughly equivalent in power to MkII parts you find in the wild. Good starting point.
  • Reaching rank 4/5 in every intrinsics helps a lot, and doesn't cost a lot of points. You want Engineering and Command especially early, as railjack crew are very useful.
  • Just check in with Ticker every day for crew until you have three members with 10 points total in 3 attributes:
    • Engineer: Combat, Endurance, Repair (in this priority. My engineer has 3 repair). This is your on-call crew, give them your good gun.
    • Gunner: Gunnery, Combat, Repair
    • Second gunner / Pilot: Gunnery, Pilot, Repair. I personally like having a pilot, you may feel different. They're pretty handy now that they blow up radiators.
  • Unlock tactical 5 so you can use a mech. Mechs are immune to CC and statuses, have infinite ammo, big health pools, jump high, possibly have a radar not tied to a companion if you can get ahold of that mod. Voidrig is especially good for the defense maps, Bonewidow is a bit more convenient for exterminate since she's faster. Either mech makes Volatile a lot less stressful, and are basically mandatory to get through Orphix.
  • If you're low on railjack resource, either use Plasma Ram or Shatterburst and blow through dense rocky areas. With that and pilot 5 you should be able to rack up thousands of titanium and whatever very quickly. I have so much titanium from doing roughly one railjack per day as first win that it's my go-to helminth food.
  • Shatterburst will destroy all the security nodes on crewships and the bigger ships. You also want the avionic that disables crewships so you can set them up for forward artillery.
  • Get yourself a dispenser in helminth if you don't have it. Not just for Railjack.

The biggest reward from railjack is Command 9, in my opinion. In most missions you can simply throw down an NPC with your modded, 5-forma Acceltra, infinite ammo, several times your damage, and a perfect aimbot and just have them go to town. Sometimes it helps, but most of the time it just lets you do menial tasks like exterminate and defense missions with less effort. I appreciate that I can run 3 crappy weapons I'm ranking on a crappy frame I'm heating, and should I get invaded or something I can just summon my on-call to take care of it.

2 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

There was an interview with Steve after Tennocon 2019. It was done by PCGamer.

Article

https://www.pcgamer.com/15-years-later-warframe-is-finally-close-to-realizing-its-original-vision/

Steve’s quote regarding this 

“It would be cool if we could go into space, but we have no time. Execute on what we know we can execute on.”

Cool cool, thanks for the reading material

(loving Railjack)

edit: Whoah. I didn’t know that we were technically meant to be space-pirate-ninjas all along. This is Second Dream-levels of learning what we are 🤗

Is there any youtube channels you would reccommend that goes in depth about railjack? Im not giving up, Im still willing to learn, I just thought I would get the hang alot easier.

On 2021-06-03 at 12:06 PM, krc473 said:

RJ is pretty tedious though. I was expecting it to be much more fleshed out than it is, and the controls to be far better.

Do you reccomend any channels? Also, is it better in a group setting, or does it even matter..?

On 2021-06-03 at 12:18 PM, quxier said:

This! 100x yes!

Personally, as you, I hate it & I find it boring. Add "playing solo" (having bad pc/connection) and it's even worse than your experience. Every update is "into RJ". Orphix? RJ. New frame? RJ. New game modes? RJ. I'm gathering Plat so I don't have to play RJ & I can buy Yareli.

I get it that some people like it or they are ok. However for people like us, OP, In case of Open worlds it weren't that different. You get "old WF" that we liked it. It introduced new things (Bosses: Eidolons, Orb, Mechs; fishing, mining etc) but most of it you can do whenever you want. In case of RJ you have to go "full" into RJ. You cannot even farm something because you need to finish mission. It's not even like Archwing where you can get some gear OUTSIDE mission and level them up in some lowlevel not dangerous missions. RJ doesn't have that.

I wish they went with game modes instead of whole "star chart".

It's probably our fault in some aspect as well (I'm not into RJ as well). However RJ isn't that easy for me. I think probably most systems are easier than RJ.

Tbh, part of the reason I wanna master it is because I know the corpus kuva weapons will be locked behind Railjack to some extent..

On 2021-06-03 at 12:19 PM, (PSN)Councillor_S-MA said:

The only content behind railjack is:

• railjack itself
  • 4 or 6 weapons
  • 3 or 4 frames
  • 1 sentinel
  • 1 or 3 game modes

If you and your friends don't like it or don't want to master it, you can not be "true masters" in the grind.
Just move along to what activity provides fun to you

Exactly, Im not a quitter, Some how some way, I will rise to they occasion.. 

On 2021-06-03 at 1:08 PM, Zeddypanda said:

It's hard to get started with railjack, but eventually it becomes as easy as anything else. Here's what helps:

• In your clan dojo you can research MkIII parts for your ship. These are incredibly cheap although roughly equivalent in power to MkII parts you find in the wild. Good starting point.
  • Reaching rank 4/5 in every intrinsics helps a lot, and doesn't cost a lot of points. You want Engineering and Command especially early, as railjack crew are very useful.
  • Just check in with Ticker every day for crew until you have three members with 10 points total in 3 attributes:
    • Engineer: Combat, Endurance, Repair (in this priority. My engineer has 3 repair). This is your on-call crew, give them your good gun.
    • Gunner: Gunnery, Combat, Repair
    • Second gunner / Pilot: Gunnery, Pilot, Repair. I personally like having a pilot, you may feel different. They're pretty handy now that they blow up radiators.
  • Unlock tactical 5 so you can use a mech. Mechs are immune to CC and statuses, have infinite ammo, big health pools, jump high, possibly have a radar not tied to a companion if you can get ahold of that mod. Voidrig is especially good for the defense maps, Bonewidow is a bit more convenient for exterminate since she's faster. Either mech makes Volatile a lot less stressful, and are basically mandatory to get through Orphix.
  • If you're low on railjack resource, either use Plasma Ram or Shatterburst and blow through dense rocky areas. With that and pilot 5 you should be able to rack up thousands of titanium and whatever very quickly. I have so much titanium from doing roughly one railjack per day as first win that it's my go-to helminth food.
  • Shatterburst will destroy all the security nodes on crewships and the bigger ships. You also want the avionic that disables crewships so you can set them up for forward artillery.
  • Get yourself a dispenser in helminth if you don't have it. Not just for Railjack.

The biggest reward from railjack is Command 9, in my opinion. In most missions you can simply throw down an NPC with your modded, 5-forma Acceltra, infinite ammo, several times your damage, and a perfect aimbot and just have them go to town. Sometimes it helps, but most of the time it just lets you do menial tasks like exterminate and defense missions with less effort. I appreciate that I can run 3 crappy weapons I'm ranking on a crappy frame I'm heating, and should I get invaded or something I can just summon my on-call to take care of it.

Dude Thank you.. I really appriciate you taking the time to actually give me some context and teach me some things that I didn't know.. I wish railjack could just bf lile modding a archwing but more mod slots.. Atleast I know after I put in the work, I will have a system that not alot of ppl have, and I can hopefully teach my friends..

Thank you everyone..

On 2021-06-03 at 12:20 PM, DrivaMain said:

Thanks for the knowledge my friend.. I don't mean I want them to stop developing railjack, I just kind of want them to stop forcing it down our throats. When I fell at something again and again, at a certain point I just have to ask myself, why am I here, especially when I'm trying to unwind and settle down after A Hard Day's Work. But Imma just keep at it I'm sure I'll get it eventually, some people on The Forum have told me some stuff I didn't know about the system and hopefully I'll help me upgrade my rig and actually survive.

1 hour ago, (PSN)remo_yesman said:

Tbh, part of the reason I wanna master it is because I know the corpus kuva weapons will be locked behind Railjack to some extent..

Before Sevagoth/Yareli/Sisters I heard about arcanes. I was not bad with rent-a-mech so I thought I could earn some... I've seen some guy taking ~10 minutes just to go to Orphixes, very small drops. That's too much for me.

Now we will get some weapons, Sisters/weapons and Yareli. I think I'll just buy Yareli and call a day.

On 2021-06-04 at 4:31 AM, (PSN)remo_yesman said:

Do you reccomend any channels? Also, is it better in a group setting, or does it even matter..?

Channels for what? The recruiting chat channel might be useful, I can’t imagine any others would be.

It doesn’t matter if you have a group or not if you have some NPC crew. It’s more fun if you can play with a friend/someone to talk to.

Am 3.6.2021 um 12:42 schrieb (PSN)remo_yesman:

Warframe is like they only game where you can have 1600 hours played and still feel like a absolute noob when some new random feature comes out that no one likes, but DE demands engagement LOL. I'm not going to lie, after over a thousand hours played on any game, I want to feel like I can master any new system that comes out with ease, but that's just me..

it's acceptable.
I'm causal with 2600 hours and know almost everything except lua secrets. many mods are not yet found and content is also clear except3 weapons. 2 of them can even be bought cheaply, but not in the mood for the mastery crap.

devs have to motivate the players all the time. otherwise there are not enough players online. and for me warframe is a causal game. here you can easily take a 6+ month break and lose nothing. I haven't bought booster for a few months because there are often good login rewards and my stuff can level up quickly. or at sortietes there are good boosters from time to time.

once you research your Clantech start Gear for your Ship, Railjack is already pretty well trivialized as long as you're paying attention. collect some Platings and maybe some higher Tier Guns if you feel like bothering, and it's fully trivialized.
but Clantech Gear plus some decent Plating and Railjack is already W+M1 just like the rest of the game.

i do wish the Ship had better Agility though. they're getting closer back to what Railjack v1 was like, but it's still not there yet.

On 2021-06-03 at 12:46 PM, (PSN)remo_yesman said:

I wish railjack could just bf lile modding a archwing but more mod slots.. 

that's literally what it is.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, (PSN)remo_yesman said:

In all fairness, Im really good at railjack now with the help of the community.. Had no clue this was still open..

I'm glad you've come to enjoy it, OP! Personally, I like it a lot. I was just gonna say you don't have to play it if you don't wanna. (realistically, there's so much S#&$ to do in this game its kind of hard to feel obligated to do anything in particular). 

On 2021-06-03 at 1:06 PM, krc473 said:

I don't know, this sounds like your problem rather than anything to do with Railjack.

Considering how much of a ghost town Railjack is... I'm going to say it's safe to say that alot of people don't like it.... I guess it's a them problem too 🤨.

On 2021-06-03 at 1:06 PM, krc473 said:

I found it fairly easy to get the hang of - it is pretty straightforward, the missions are fairly similar to normal ones.

I don't think OP mentioned anything about how difficulty it was... Only that he/she didn't like it...

On 2021-06-03 at 1:18 PM, quxier said:

Yeah DE Has been trying everything to keep Railjack Alive but even with this level of Bribery it's still a Ghost Town.... I've seen more Traffic in Infested Salvage than in Railjack in it entirety.

On 2021-11-14 at 7:10 PM, (PSN)remo_yesman said:

In all fairness, Im really good at railjack now with the help of the community.. Had no clue this was still open..

Did you just Flip Flop ? 🤔

On 2021-11-14 at 8:41 PM, (NSW)randomoddguy said:

I'm glad you've come to enjoy it, OP! Personally, I like it a lot. I was just gonna say you don't have to play it if you don't wanna. 

You do if you want if don't want to Craft Energy Pizza's 10 at a time.... Or if you want Gloom.... Or if you want Tenet Weapons...

Railjack Gate Keeps alot stuff....

10 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Yeah DE Has been trying everything to keep Railjack Alive but even with this level of Bribery it's still a Ghost Town.... I've seen more Traffic in Infested Salvage than in Railjack in it entirety.

Oh, it's still open (5 months ago).

10 hours ago, Lutesque said:

You do if you want if don't want to Craft Energy Pizza's 10 at a time.... Or if you want Gloom.... Or if you want Tenet Weapons...

100x rj requirement is only for research. I think if you have made RJ you could get free RJ resources enough to research it. I may be wrong.

You can buy Sev (I've done it).

Yeah, you have to do RJ for Kuva/Tenet weapons. For Tenet melees it's kind of grindy (depending on your luck). For Kuva Lich fight you don't need powerful RJ. I'm not sure about Sister version. However, imho, most kuva/tenet weapons are not worth the effort. They are either boring or clunky to use. I'm using ~3 kuva and 1 Tenet melee.

19 hours ago, Lutesque said:

don't think OP mentioned anything about how difficulty it was... Only that he/she didn't like it

OP stated that they sucked at it. I am guessing my comments were in relation to that - it was many months ago so I am not sure.

On 2021-11-15 at 6:10 AM, (PSN)remo_yesman said:

That’s good to hear! Threads don’t usually close themselves, you can ask for it to be closed though - it cannot hurt to keep it open.

Archived