Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toroids

FracturedAeon

Question

I spent the last week trying to farm toroids... Minus work hours and sleep, I must have spent around.... 20 or so hours for it in total, as well as ran 30 Phase 1 profit-taker missions... 
And I have not gotten a single Vega toroid. 

I need 15, and been sitting at 0 despite all this near-obsessive dedication. Followed the wiki, hunted down caves with rare toroid spawns, free-farmed the space port on alert 4 status, and did just about everything I can think of for them. 

So whats going on, were the drop rates of it decreased or something? Because so far as I can see, the only hint of being in the game is from Little-Duck. Like I get substantially more crisma and sola toroids than vega, and vega is supposed to be the easier one to obtain, right...? 

But it says the drop rate was increased from 1.1 to 2. 

I'm losing my mind. Someone please give me a Snickers or something because I dont know what else to do. 

15 answers to this question

I'd never farm Mite Raknoids. Drop rate is far too low at only 1% chance. If you go that route, use Khora and get a drop chance booster and a drop booster to ease your suffering.

You're better off doing the following:

1. Going through the secret cave sections in Orb Vallis and picking them up there.

2. Profit-Taker Phase 1 has an uncommon drop at 12,5% to get 3 for completing it. This phase also spawns a bunch of Mite Raknoids.

@FracturedAeon                                          CTYDN.gif

3 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

WARFRAM-TOROID-FARMING.jpg

6 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

Yup, Spaceport. If you have a Necramechs you can level that up while you're farming them. Might as well multi task if you can

It's what I did, went to each section to farm them and level up.

Seeing as OP just wants Vega toroids, he/she needs to go to the Spaceport, I find going inside the base and into an area that is a long section with a ramp/down slope at each end is the best and do not destroy the beacons after a while the enemies will be endless, take a smeeta kavat or have a booster running to max out your return.

When the Comba (I nicknamed them Cybermen) start to spawn in shoot them in the head it removes their helmet and renders them powerless until you decide to kill them.

5 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

WARFRAM-TOROID-FARMING.jpg

This is your bible for toroid farming.

Bring your best farm frame and just wreak havoc. Do not destroy the spinning antenna thing, you want alert on max level.

Also bring smeeta. And boosters REALLY helps. I personally don't farm toroids without boosters.

On 2021-06-13 at 10:55 PM, FracturedAeon said:

Like I get substantially more crisma and sola toroids than vega, and vega is supposed to be the easier one to obtain, right...? 

Actually The Toroids Dropped by the Spider Bosses are the easier to easier ones to get compared to the others. I think I had 56 Lazulite Toroids and 30 Crisma Toroids at one point just because Those are Guaranteed drops and the rest are not.

On 2021-06-13 at 10:55 PM, FracturedAeon said:

I'm losing my mind. Someone please give me a Snickers or something because I dont know what else to do. 

Well.... While I have gotten Toroids from caves and Bounties.... This has been the worst ways to acquire The Toroids since there's no way you can influence the like good of getting them to Drop....

Hence what most people do is they form a Farm Squad with Loot and Nuke Frames and try to get those Toroids from murdering the enemies that are capable of Dropping them....

On 2021-06-13 at 11:09 PM, (XBOX)Greenguy5000 said:

if you want to farm vega toroids, farm exploiter, so many mites spawn

On 2021-06-13 at 11:38 PM, (PSN)Sswoop- said:

Do exploiter orb. Mite raknoids spawn a lot in deck 12 and you can technically continue farming them for a long time. There's no time limit on the mission. 

On 2021-06-14 at 2:10 AM, RazerXPrime said:

I'd never farm Mite Raknoids. Drop rate is far too low at only 1% chance. If you go that route, use Khora and get a drop chance booster and a drop booster to ease your suffering.

Are those a new enemy ? 😲 

Are they annoying 🤔 ?

I find all the Raknoids to be extremely Bothersome.... Especially the big Green one... The Kyta Raknoids I think it was.... The Status Rework really made them bothersome....

4 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Are those a new enemy ? 😲 

Are they annoying 🤔 ?

I find all the Raknoids to be extremely Bothersome.... Especially the big Green one... The Kyta Raknoids I think it was.... The Status Rework really made them bothersome....

No not new. :D They are the small Raknoids you randomly meet in the Orb Vallis, usually in caves.

16 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

No not new. :D They are the small Raknoids you randomly meet in the Orb Vallis, usually in caves.

Oh you mean those Tiny Green Bastards that hide underground ? They drop Toroids now ? 

LoL.... It never occurred to me they had a name.... 😁

15 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Oh you mean those Tiny Green Bastards that hide underground ? They drop Toroids now ? 

LoL.... It never occurred to me they had a name.... 😁

I think they always dropped them, but it's a 1% chance so... well yea chances are they never dropped any for you. :)

3 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

I think they always dropped them, but it's a 1% chance so... well yea chances are they never dropped any for you. :)

I don't think so....

I believe all the Raknoids were excluded from Dropping Toroids for a whole year since Fortuna was added.... It was until some update a year later when the Raknoids were given a higher than Normal Drop Chance of Dropping a Toroid even if they werent within a Toroid Hotspot and Toroids were added to Caves....

Either that... Or those sources were always there and I simply never saw a single drop 😐 !

At this point... Anything is possible....

Archived