Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The fishing, mining and hunting system is unnecessary and disrespectful to the player's time

Awazx

I have been a Warframe player since 2014 and in all this time I have seen first-hand the ups and downs that DE has suffered as a developer, with its successes and errors.

Speaking of mistakes, I consider everything concerning fishing, hunting and mining (FHM) a mistake and a step in the wrong direction.

The FHM system is unnecessary, it does not contribute anything to the central core of the game, it forces the player to invest time in monotonous and boring tasks that have nothing to do with combat and in general, it dangerously brings Warframe closer to the style of commercial malpractices that They are not very respectful of the player's time and they only seek to keep him connected at all costs to the detriment of his fun.

Now with Deimos this defective mechanic reaches its maximum exponent with the Entrati, where ranking up is only possible by hunting a strange bird, all under the dynamics of a mechanically poorly implemented in its development, as well as tedious and boring.

Solution: Make the FHM optional. There are players who enjoy it and it is respectable. There are many other players who do NOT enjoy FHM and they must also be respected. Allow alternative options to achieve all those things that can only be achieved with FHM.

On a personal note, I consider Deimos to be a repeat of the mistakes already made with PoE and Vallis, and as a Warframe player who loves the core of the game these 'open worlds' don't matter to me. Just give me options so I can stay away from them.

Thanks.

It's not a mistake at all. It's nice to have some relaxing activity instead just committing genocide all the time.
I enjoy mining, fishing and hunting. I can spend 90-120 minutes just doing those things.

5 minutes ago, Awazx said:

Allow alternative options to achieve all those things that can only be achieved with FHM.

Yes they did. You can obtain mats from FHM by directly purchasing them with plat on each respective NPC lol.
Go commit genocide, farm anything that can be sold to plat, use the plat to purchase the mats ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hace 11 minutos, Vesterbro dijo:

Yes they did. You can obtain mats from FHM by directly purchasing them with plat on each respective NPC lol.

That is great. I've been away from Warframe for over 1 year and I guess I'm out of date on some things. Please how can I get those 5 damn samples of Avichaea (Deimos), with platimum?

1 minute ago, Awazx said:

That is great. I've been away from Warframe for over 1 year and I guess I'm out of date on some things. Please how can I get those 5 damn platimum Avichaea (Deimos) samples?

"Today's Specials' on vendors are where the plat bypasses lie. Unfortunately for you, you might have to check back a few times because it's random what's available any given day.

Please note:

1. Thumpers, drops everything except the hunting stuff but you don't need that on PoE
  2. Exploiter Orb, drops everything except the hunting stuff but you don't need that on OV
  3. Isolation Vaults (after unlocking the door) drops everything except the hunting stuff, which is only a nuisance if you need/want son tokens.
  4. Pillars on the Cambion Drift occasionally have an effect that allows you to get bonus resources by killing the infested that spawn with your mech or operator.
  5. Weakened vulpas and predasites are marked on the map once downed by infested, they provide some tags and are needed for the pets anyways.
  6. Todays specials section if you want to burn plat.

My only issue is with OV where you do not find any wild animals, you HAVE to be tracking them to find/spot them.

TL;DR;

Your complaints haven't been ignored, there are workarounds in place. The only thing you are missing out on is some cosmetics, mostly the hunting ones.

Just now, Quimoth said:

Please note:

1. Thumpers, drops everything except the hunting stuff but you don't need that on PoE
  2. Exploiter Orb, drops everything except the hunting stuff but you don't need that on OV
  3. Isolation Vaults (after unlocking the door) drops everything except the hunting stuff, which is only a nuisance if you need/want son tokens.
  4. Pillars on the Cambion Drift occasionally have an effect that allows you to get bonus resources by killing the infested that spawn with your mech or operator.
  5. Weakened vulpas and predasites are marked on the map once downed by infested, they provide some tags and are needed for the pets anyways.

Beat me to it. There's lots of ways to grind materials now without doing minigames. And what's more, the Vulpas and Predas aren't the only Deimos animals that spawn randomly; I've even found Common Aviacheas (mandatory for rank up) just sitting around on rocks instead of having to track them

26 минут назад, Vesterbro сказал:

It's not a mistake at all. It's nice to have some relaxing activity instead just committing genocide all the time.
I enjoy mining, fishing and hunting. I can spend 90-120 minutes just doing those things.

Go commit genocide, farm anything that can be sold to plat, use the plat to purchase the mats ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Except it's not relaxing at all. You need to keep attention to get it done properly, you need to focus. Nothing relaxing here.
WOW fishing feel relaxing cuz it requires less action than the general gameplay - you only press 1 button and keep listening to a 1 sound or watching the float, maybe both if you want to, but it's not neccesary. In warframe however you have to:
1) Find a fish
2) Aim at it and predict the movement of fish vs movements of your spear.

Mining - in wow look at your minimap, find ore node, come close and press a button, wait for action bar to complete - simple. In warframe - find a node on minimap, in some openworlds(Deimos) have hard time to find it on textures of local object, either make a fine pattern cut or release the button at specific moment. Does it keep you relaxed ? No, you have to focus.

Those activities need a rework to make it give  you less tension. At least add more room for error if you want to keep the current iteration of those activities.

20 минут назад, Quimoth сказал:

Please note:

6. Todays specials section if you want to burn plat.

My only issue is with OV where you do not find any wild animals, you HAVE to be tracking them to find/spot them.

TL;DR;

Your complaints haven't been ignored, there are workarounds in place. The only thing you are missing out on is some cosmetics, mostly the hunting ones.

You can't get rarest gems(Embolos) neither from pillars nor from iso vaults on deimos, so no, you HAVE to mine em.

Hey guys ! I like doing FHM(got every Floof once) but I want to do it cause I want to and not cause I'm beeing forced to do so... I'm stingy and don't want to use plat.

The worst change for me was that entrati rank up requires conservation.. 

It's quite hard finding specific animals even with lures and there are still some difficulties(visual, cause of the open world background) to track the spawned creatures...

The most annoying thing for me is inconsistency and no freedom of choice..

Conservation on fortuna and the plains give rep and badges.. on deimos it's only badges that you now need for rep, cosmetics(grandmas shop) or floofs :[

Another sample of bad decision making and less freedom of choice is the RJ Energy Change ... before you could use whatever frame you want .. now you have disadvantages picking some frames/helminth/focus over others... and need to do more work then before if you want to compensate(consumables/RJ Foundry)

Well .. the solution for me is just doing the specific game mechanics as long as I need to and then never touch them again .. sadly I liked RJ before the change ...

DE undermined their own systems with Thumpers, Exploiter Orb, and Deimos Requiem Pillars. FHM isn't really a big deal anymore.

Be glad you didn't mine for hours and run dozens of bounties only for that stuff to be made highly accessible with a low bar of entry. 

7 hours ago, Unibot said:

You can't get rarest gems(Embolos) neither from pillars nor from iso vaults on deimos, so no, you HAVE to mine em.

Nope, you can get embolos from isolation vaults, do your research prior to giving info. mission rewards of isolation vault bounties include rare gems. E.g. no mining required.

1 час назад, Quimoth сказал:

Nope, you can get embolos from isolation vaults, do your research prior to giving info. mission rewards of isolation vault bounties include rare gems. E.g. no mining required.

Can you back up that claim with a valid source ? Cause wiki states otherwise https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Embolos

And I don't recall getting any of them from iso vaults despite doing alot of those...

As for Iso vault rewards - lets see...
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Isolation_Vault#Stage_1

No embolos here... strange.. Where did they go ?

Maybe the regular ones have em ? Lets see...
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Bounty#Tier_1:_L5-15_

Nope, no embolos here either.

Should I call Dora the Explorer to help you out ? Maybe it's you who needs to check things first ?

I even go further and link Rebeccas post on their drop tables list

Now follow her link and try to find at least one embolos.

5 hours ago, Unibot said:

Can you back up that claim with a valid source ? Cause wiki states otherwise https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Embolos

And I don't recall getting any of them from iso vaults despite doing alot of those...

As for Iso vault rewards - lets see...
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Isolation_Vault#Stage_1

No embolos here... strange.. Where did they go ?

Maybe the regular ones have em ? Lets see...
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Bounty#Tier_1:_L5-15_

Nope, no embolos here either.

Should I call Dora the Explorer to help you out ? Maybe it's you who needs to check things first ?

I even go further and link Rebeccas post on their drop tables list

Now follow her link and try to find at least one embolos.

My bad, seems a hotfix removed the drops to screw people over.

Source:

Search for rare. first hit displays, you can check wiki entry of the crafted embolos etc. if you still don't buy it.

However they have also been made tradable, so just like the other mining stuff... platinum can get you all you need.

15 часов назад, Quimoth сказал:

However they have also been made tradable, so just like the other mining stuff... platinum can get you all you need.

How does that improve player experience with fishing/mining/hunting activities ? You are just skipping them by throwing real money at the problem.
Why buy embolos when you can buy the equipments that requires it ? And why not advertise game as pay to play if buying things is a right way to get them ?

2 hours ago, Unibot said:

How does that improve player experience with fishing/mining/hunting activities ? You are just skipping them by throwing real money at the problem.
Why buy embolos when you can buy the equipments that requires it ? And why not advertise game as pay to play if buying things is a right way to get them ?

It's not the right way to get them, but the point of the thread is people who don't want to get things the right way, or even interact with entire game subsystems, and still have everything.

30 минут назад, TheLexiConArtist сказал:

It's not the right way to get them, but the point of the thread is people who don't want to get things the right way, or even interact with entire game subsystems, and still have everything.

My bad, I misunderstood the point of this thread. It's not a complaint about FHM being "disrespectful to the player's time", no. It's apparently about reminding others that they can spend plat on getting something in f2p game. The only thing is missing here is a link to the store to buy plat, but I'm sure op will fix that minor flaw. I already feel clickbaited, good job.

13 minutes ago, Unibot said:

My bad, I misunderstood the point of this thread. It's not a complaint about FHM being "disrespectful to the player's time", no. It's apparently about reminding others that they can spend plat on getting something in f2p game. The only thing is missing here is a link to the store to buy plat, but I'm sure op will fix that minor flaw. I already feel clickbaited, good job.

That retort didn't even make sense. I'm not even going to say 'nice try' because it wasn't.

Imagine having to do game systems in a specific area to progress/get items from that specific area. Wow. How absolutely barbaric. Next you'll be telling me I can't farm everything in the game if I just do enough runs on E Prime. That would be so disrespectful of my time I choose to spend solely running E Prime.

On 2021-06-16 at 9:16 AM, Awazx said:

The FHM system is unnecessary, it does not contribute anything to the central core of the game

Pretty much everything added After Archwing or Plains Of Eidolon falls into this Category....

On 2021-06-16 at 9:26 AM, Vesterbro said:

While I agree.... This shouldn't be done by abandoning your Game's Theme.... Which is what Warframe does.... Alot !!!! 

Put it like this.... Imagine if Bayonetta needed to break up the constant non-stop action before it wears thin on its players by using Chess/Solitaire/Doing Taxes instead of the Puzzles/Afterburner/Space Harrier Mini Games that they used ? This is what Warframe does constantly....

You know what makes it worse.... The way in which DE abandon's the theme isn't even all that good....

Atleast when Assassin"s Creed completely Abandoned the History Ninja's theme in AC3, AC4 and AC Rogue.... They made it enjoyable....

Warframe's Railjack Content is a joke compared to Assassin's Creed's Naval Content....

On 2021-06-16 at 9:26 AM, Vesterbro said:

If I'm not mistaken.... Purchasing Resources with Platinum is usually not recommended because the prices make no sense. Some Resources cost more than Potatoes or even some Cosmetics....

It's pretty obvious DE either really wants you to grind or they really want to take alot of Platinum out Circulation for some reason.

Also in some cases it's also just simply not an Option.... You can't buy Toroids.... Not even from other Players....

On 2021-06-16 at 12:23 PM, Voltage said:

DE undermined their own systems with Thumpers, Exploiter Orb, and Deimos Requiem Pillars. FHM isn't really a big deal anymore.

Right..... Because Thumpers are known for how much fun they are 🤔 ?

10 hours ago, Unibot said:

That's why I never liked that response..... It's short sighted and has long term consequences that these players aren't aware of it would seem.

8 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

My specific point is using this specific counter argument doesn't account for the distinction between Content that is merely not to one's preference and Content that is Poorly Designed.

Paying to Skip over something one doesn't like is fine (it actually isn't but for now let's say it is) it's paying to Skip over Terrible Design that's not fine....

Is FHM badly designed ? Who knows ? We never even got a chance to have that discussion because someone always pulls out the "Just Skip It With Plat" Card before anyone can say anything else.

On 2021-06-16 at 9:01 AM, Unibot said:

Except it's not relaxing at all. You need to keep attention to get it done properly, you need to focus. Nothing relaxing here.
WOW fishing feel relaxing cuz it requires less action than the general gameplay - you only press 1 button and keep listening to a 1 sound or watching the float, maybe both if you want to, but it's not neccesary. In warframe however you have to:
1) Find a fish
2) Aim at it and predict the movement of fish vs movements of your spear.

WOW LOOK A FISH FULL SCREEN CUTSCENE TAKE THE CONTROLS AWAY, DON'T CARE THAT THE GRINEER ARE STILL SHOOTING YOU

Mining - in wow look at your minimap, find ore node, come close and press a button, wait for action bar to complete - simple. In warframe - find a node on minimap, in some openworlds(Deimos) have hard time to find it on textures of local object, either make a fine pattern cut or release the button at specific moment, WOW LOOK A MINERAL, FULL SCREEN CUTSCENE TAKE THE CONTROLS AWAY, DON'T LET YOU MINE ANOTHER UNTIL THE DAMN THING FINALLY DECIDES TO LEAVE. Does it keep you relaxed ? No, you have to focus.

Those activities need a rework to make it give  you less tension. At least add more room for error if you want to keep the current iteration of those activities.

You missed a few bits. It gets even worse for animals if you're in a squad because you can just be walking around wh- WOW LOOK AN ANIMAL FULL SCREEN CUTSCENE TAKE THE CONTROLS AWAY WHEN YOU'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIGHT.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-06-18 at 3:03 AM, Lutesque said:

Pretty much everything added After Archwing or Plains Of Eidolon falls into this Category....

While I agree.... This shouldn't be done by abandoning your Game's Theme.... Which is what Warframe does.... Alot !!!! 

Put it like this.... Imagine if Bayonetta needed to break up the constant non-stop action before it wears thin on its players by using Chess/Solitaire/Doing Taxes instead of the Puzzles/Afterburner/Space Harrier Mini Games that they used ? This is what Warframe does constantly....

You know what makes it worse.... The way in which DE abandon's the theme isn't even all that good....

Atleast when Assassin"s Creed completely Abandoned the History Ninja's theme in AC3, AC4 and AC Rogue.... They made it enjoyable....

Warframe's Railjack Content is a joke compared to Assassin's Creed's Naval Content....

If I'm not mistaken.... Purchasing Resources with Platinum is usually not recommended because the prices make no sense. Some Resources cost more than Potatoes or even some Cosmetics....

It's pretty obvious DE either really wants you to grind or they really want to take alot of Platinum out Circulation for some reason.

Also in some cases it's also just simply not an Option.... You can't buy Toroids.... Not even from other Players....

Right..... Because Thumpers are known for how much fun they are 🤔 ?

That's why I never liked that response..... It's short sighted and has long term consequences that these players aren't aware of it would seem.

My specific point is using this specific counter argument doesn't account for the distinction between Content that is merely not to one's preference and Content that is Poorly Designed.

Paying to Skip over something one doesn't like is fine (it actually isn't but for now let's say it is) it's paying to Skip over Terrible Design that's not fine....

Is FHM badly designed ? Who knows ? We never even got a chance to have that discussion because someone always pulls out the "Just Skip It With Plat" Card before anyone can say anything else.

I think you missed the parts where we told you EVERY openworld has its skip function for at least 90% of its resources behind some boss/mini-boss. The exceptions are rare and if mining and hunting is to frustrating for you there is indeed the option to pay to skip. Not because they are poorly designed, but because some people dislike the mechanics. There are those who actually do like the systems.

The majority of reasons against FHM basically sums up to: I am lazy and want free items. How does that improve player experience exactly, you do not even experience anything, since it is all given to you for free or without any feeling of reward/relief/achievement.

Archived