Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why my pets attack the enemy if I didn't install attacking mods in them? I would really like my pets to be always near by me when I want it.

-EPECb-

jxc0eu5r0yy41.png

I setup my Cavat so, that he will always bee near by me and give me buffs and not get into a fight. I have removed all attacking mods and damage mods from cat. And he does everything other way around and as a result dies in a crowd of enemies! Why don't you give the players the opportunity to make their pets passive to attack the enemy? Anyone who wants to make an attacking pet, let them set the appropriate damage mods and other mods for it.

..and this eternal teleportation of fallen animals from room to room will not be needed anymore. In any case, it looks extremely ridiculous and even annoying sometimes. Do animals suddenly have superpowers for teleportation after they receive damage incompatible with life? This is stupid absolutely and nothing is justified in the game. (...and this is like a legal cheat for players! It's wrong.)

Mod [Charm], as for me, should already become a universal mod for all pets, as it was with the mod [Vacuum]. I don't like Smeeta from the word "absolutely!", but I have to take her on missions. This breed is popular at the very top of the top among players and you, probably, understand why... but not everyone likes to take her with them on missions. I'm one of them. For balance, I suggest making the [Charm] mod a passive ability for Smeeta - this will do free 1 slot for mods in this Kavat.

В 13.07.2021 в 07:35, -EPECb- сказал:

I would really like to run with the [Charm] mod, but not using Smeeta. I really like the dog pets in the game. And it seems to me that in vain they removed the opportunity to petting our pets. It was necessary to add various BONUSES for petting both, cats and dogs, and not what was before. It was not necessary to remove this interaction mechanics. It was good in itself, but not thought out. Now the mechanics of interaction with pets are irrevocably erased from game and unlikely it to will return to us again, as it seems to me. :sadcry:

And I always wondered why there was no need to petting cats? ..it was strange, I would even say, not right. Cats initially "tried" to dominate the attractiveness of use for players. It was wrong.

I would like more refined mechanics of interaction with the in-game environment that exist at the moment instead of completely removing them.

В 26.07.2021 в 15:29, -EPECb- сказал:

I didn't pay much attention before, but after running through several speed missions, I noticed that my pets were lagging behind me by several locations while I was already standing at the finish line. DE, you've done the exact opposite. It is necessary to teleport the LIVING pets to their owners and not the fallen ones. The same goes for MOA.

I really hope that the developers will turn their attention to these problems. T.Y.!

+++

+++

-------------------

... I completely forgot when the last time touched my pet on Orbiter. I even stopped looking in his direction. Now he is just a thing for me. Enough time has passed after the update and the awareness came that something really was cut out in vain from this game. It is sad ...

That's how pets are, unlike sentinels they will always attack with only exception being stealth dog while stealth is active. Would be nice to have an option to switch their behaviour with a key, but I doubt this'll happen any time soon.

В 10.07.2021 в 22:41, Infirito сказал:

That's how pets are, unlike sentinels they will always attack with only exception being stealth dog while stealth is active. Would be nice to have an option to switch their behaviour with a key, but I doubt this'll happen any time soon.

Still, I really hope for the speedy release of these edits...

Smeeta - the most dominant breed at the moment, is not right at least and DE need to do something with it.

I would really like to run with the [Charm] mod, but not using Smeeta. I really like the dog pets in the game. And it seems to me that in vain they removed the opportunity to petting our pets. It was necessary to add various BONUSES for petting both, cats and dogs, and not what was before. It was not necessary to remove this interaction mechanics. It was good in itself, but not thought out. Now the mechanics of interaction with pets are irrevocably erased from game and unlikely it to will return to us again, as it seems to me. :sadcry:

And I always wondered why there was no need to petting cats? ..it was strange, I would even say, not right. Cats initially "tried" to dominate the attractiveness of use for players. It was wrong.

I would like more refined mechanics of interaction with the in-game environment that exist at the moment instead of completely removing them.

3 часа назад, (PSN)haphazardlynamed сказал:

Ever owned a real cat? the behavior is accurate, they do whatever they want

Then why do the dogs in the game behave in a similar way? And what does real life have to do with it? We are talking about the convenience of using pets and about various opportunities for interacting with them in the game.

В 18.07.2021 в 06:43, George_PPS сказал:

There should be a training session that teaches pets to obey commands not to attack. 

What for? It can be easier to do this... Remove attacking mods and damage mods, thereby causing pets inaction. These mods will still be unnecessary if you want your pet not to attack enemies.

I didn't pay much attention before, but after running through several speed missions, I noticed that my pets were lagging behind me by several locations while I was already standing at the finish line. DE, you've done the exact opposite. It is necessary to teleport the LIVING pets to their owners and not the fallen ones. The same goes for MOA.

Honestly they should really just delete the attack thing from pets, and just give them CC abilities.

Yes I am aware if you can techinically make most pets be able to deal considerable damage to like lich level enemies, but we are not here to play pokemon and stay watch while our pets are doing damage are we?

1 hour ago, OwlOfJune said:

Honestly they should really just delete the attack thing from pets, and just give them CC abilities.

Yes I am aware if you can techinically make most pets be able to deal considerable damage to like lich level enemies, but we are not here to play pokemon and stay watch while our pets are doing damage are we?

More Dmg > Less killing time > More Beast survivability + Healing thru Hunter Recovery 

This been requested countless times for at least 5 years but DE doesn't read feedback... even more baffling that spectres have functionality to just give them order to stay put, but the pets still lack any control and rather run away to suicide instead of using their abilities.

Ive recently ran ~20 min with a dog who did nothing but suicidally rush into enemies with it's useless attack and not even once activated its skills - utterly useless imbecile AI. Cats somehow still use their abilities, but kubrows dont.

Just now, Deminisis said:

Pretty sad to see my smeeta run off to fight a bombard on the other side of the room with no damage mods in Steel path. It's common to have my pet go down even with all the link mods.

This. It always drives me nuts! Real pets aren't suicidal. Especially ones that can turn invisible. I hope DE lets us designate combat modes to pets in the future, or give the organic pets a moddable weapon. If I choose not to put claws and fangs on my pets, I don't want them pretending that they have them anyway.

claws GIF

45 minutes ago, (PSN)Onder6099 said:

Funny, how Topics like this always uncover the fact, that lots of players don’t know how to Beasts, but it’s DE’s fail, of course.

Garbage post with no substance, go troll reddit.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Onder6099 said:

You still got nothing to say on the topic just showing how CCd enenemies dont harm useless pets and you even had to drop a Healer and vaz dash to mitigate all the damage. Really lazy trolling.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Onder6099 said:

Really not sure what you're trying to prove with nova slows and other cc sources. You've eliminated the threat to yourself and your pet.

All it takes is a few seconds on enemy aggression towards a pet to put them in bleedout.

I feel that this behavior wasn't always the case. I used smeeta kavats since they were first introduced. Had a few build changes over the years, but basically never used attack mods on it (did the same with sentinels, basically never used their guns so they dont aggro themselves). Since i much preffer to have the buffs than it dealing damage and geting itself killed. 

I almost never had any issues with my smeeta getting killed. But over a yar ago or so i noticed the behavior stated in the first post of this thread. I belive it was around steel path and deimos update that i started seeing my cat being killed constantly in the other room that i am. 
It's fair to say that because steel path became a think i was runing those missions a lot and enemies are stronger. Sure, but even before that i liked doing some endurance runs from time to time, going above 2 or more hours in a mission. And if a lvl 150+ was not able to constantly kill my smeeta, steel path enemies should not be instakilling it as well... 

But the point i want to say is IT WASN'T LIKE THAT. Companions running off into other rooms far away from me started fairly recently. 

My honest guess is they (acidently or not) changed something on companions behavior. MAYBE because vulpaphylas (however its spelled) bacame a thing... IDK 
I like charm buff a lot. Smeeta is my most used companion (after carrier obiously). But now i mainly run panzer kavat simply because i dont want to bother reviving my cat every 2 minutes....

В 30.07.2021 в 01:48, GuriAnon сказал:

But the point i want to say is IT WASN'T LIKE THAT. Companions running off into other rooms far away from me started fairly recently. 

As far as I can remember, they always runaway trying to deal damage to enemies. Always. You just haven't noticed it before, most likely.

I want my pet to attack mobs. I put in lifesteal mods so they can heal me from time to time. But nope, hardly ever get any health back. My pets just run around doing nothing except play the meat shield distractor. If only there was a mod that allow pets to taunt all mobs within a certain range that has a 10 second cooldown.

Archived