Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesoamerica is in the game? O_o

-Moctezuma-

3 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Nah, we already have a Serpent based frame. Other gods maybe

At risk of sounding really silly asking this question... who is the serpent based frame? I just looked through them on wiki and I'm not sure which one you mean.

Do you mean Lavos? 

But none of his abilities really have to do with serpents, right?  

19 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Nah, we already have a Serpent based frame. Other gods maybe

Minor similarities…Vastly different play styles.

Aztec/Mayan/South American influenced Deluxe skins or even new themed Warframe is always a good option.

Ember and Nezha

Volt and Gauss

Hydroid and the new water frame…

People could point out more.

18 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

At risk of sounding really silly asking this question... who is the serpent based frame? I just looked through them on wiki and I'm not sure which one you mean.

Do you mean Lavos? 

But none of his abilities really have to do with serpents, right?  

Serpents and alchemy are really tied but whatever

1 minute ago, (PSN)Silverback73 said:

Minor similarities…Vastly different play styles.

Aztec/Mayan/South American influenced Deluxe skins or even new themed Warframe is always a good option.

Ember and Nezha

Volt and Gauss

Hydroid and the new water frame…

People could point out more.

Aztec and Mayan cultures aren't "south american", Incan culture and many others are tho.

Thing is, "serpent" theme isn't related just to mayan/aztec/incan lore, almost every single culture had used serpents on their folklore, this is why I'm all for other gods since OP is asking for something Aztec related. A jaguar frame for example? I'm all in

2 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Serpents and alchemy are really tied but whatever

Aztec and Mayan cultures aren't "south american", Incan culture and many others are tho.

Thing is, "serpent" theme isn't related just to mayan/aztec/incan lore, almost every single culture had used serpents on their folklore, this is why I'm all for other gods since OP is asking for something Aztec related. A jaguar frame for example? I'm all in

Hence why it was broken into 3 parts with the third being a more general, regionally inclusive wording. 😏

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Silverback73 said:

Hence why it was broken into 3 parts with the third being a more general, regionally inclusive wording. 😏

But they have nothing to do with south america. This is the same as talking about Chinese folklore and then talking about Japanese folklore like they are the same folklore... But welp, too much derrailment

9 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

You learn something new every day. Didn't know before that serpents and alchemy were even supposed to have a connection. 

They are relate din various forms, Ouroboros, quicksilver, wisdom... Depends where you gather info since in Alchemy a few things are "written in stone" and are kinda very open to interpretation depending the area on where it was developed. But this is just derrailing too much honestly, a quick google search lead me to a interesting page tho, wich does a quick recap of serpents in various forms: https://occult-world.com/serpent/

If you dive more, you can find stuff like this mroe explained:

c2d0b6a57c8c8381fd1aa1126bb19651.jpg

3 minutes ago, -Moctezuma- said:

i'd love to see a Aztec jaguar god, maybe something to do with sacrifice too?

It would be nice, Yucatec culture (aztec, mayan, incan and I'm sure I'm forgetting more small fractions of that culture) and lore is very rich and a lot of possibilities can come from there.

48 minutes ago, Slaytanic93 said:

You gave him slack for mixing Aztecs and Mayans with South America, but you are grouping the two aforementioned AND the even more vastly distant and distinct Inca into "Yucatec" ?

As for the main topic, I think it would be great to have some inspiration from these Cultures.

Do some research, Incan culture comes from there, they are grouped as "Yucatec" by academicist AFAIK ( http://the-maya.eu/Inca/inca-mayan-aztec-timeline ), most accurately Olmecs where related, but Incans developed an* entire diferent culture, since culture it's heavilly influenced by geographical locations. My country in fact had Incan culture here but not predominant as in other areas and not so far into the south. 

Yucatec comes from Yucatan, where those civilizations emerged and separated into their own ways. And IIRC, there are some folklore that explain that schism.

Archived