Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we not give Lephantis the ability to lock you out of any weapons that can actually kill it?

Crusher4881

12 hours ago, Crusher4881 said:

Lephantis sorties almost always spawn either either a "Sniper Only" or "Bow Only" modifier. For most bosses this wouldn't be much of a problem, but Lephantis also packs a hard damage cap per projectile, designed to explicitly prevent snipers and bows being effective against it. Thus, whenever it pulls this sortie modifier out, it doesn't matter what your build is, you will hit the damage cap, and you will run out of ammo before getting anywhere close to killing it.

This modifier combination on this boss needs to be completely removed.

I don't find it a problem personally.  Even if you prefer not to use ammo restores or Warframe abilities to cheese it, snipers have enough damage output you can just replace one mod with Ammo Drum--the most powerful mod in the game don't ya know-- and it's more than enough for the fight.    

I admit, I did run out of ammo yesterday doing the sortie.  But I was using the Komorex which has the worst ammo cap of any Sniper, and I didn't follow my own advice of equipping Ammo Drum.  Even so, I didn't run out until the the last phase was 75% complete, and one  ammo restore got me through the rest.

Same applies with bows, but that's even easier because you can  use the 540 ammo cap crossbows.  Nagantaka is my preference, and with it I've never come close to running out that I can recall. 

I suppose if you're running solo you'll have much bigger issues.  But, if you're running solo you'll  already be used to dealing with greater challenges in this game.

8 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

Literally not once ever at all in this thread was that in question. OP is talking about the damage caps that affect slow firing, single hit weapons like snipers and bows.

Dex Pixia isn’t either of those things, and is obviously not at all relevant to the conversation.

Actually they were complaining about the modifier limiting weapon choices. I and others have pointed out ways around it.

9 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

Literally not once ever at all in this thread was that in question. OP is talking about the damage caps that affect slow firing, single hit weapons like snipers and bows.

Dex Pixia isn’t either of those things, and is obviously not at all relevant to the conversation.

It's incredibly relevant given that's it's an easy bypass to the problem OP is speaking of. 

Conflating a damage cap on a boss to challenge isn't a good thing guys.

You could wear metal boots all day but it doesn't make walking harder, just more irritating.

I'd be able to agree if Leph was actually difficult, but it is one of the easiest, slowest and most boring bosses in the game, making that take longer simply for the sake of it isn't making it any harder.

You could put the same damage cap on the Sergeant, but it wouldn't make him any more difficult.

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

Conflating a damage cap on a boss to challenge isn't a good thing guys.

You could wear metal boots all day but it doesn't make walking harder, just more irritating.

I'd be able to agree if Leph was actually difficult, but it is one of the easiest, slowest and most boring bosses in the game, making that take longer simply for the sake of it isn't making it any harder.

You could put the same damage cap on the Sergeant, but it wouldn't make him any more difficult.

The Sergeant should be given the same protection as Corpus Treasurer. He'd still be pathetic, but a little less of a pinata. 

1 hour ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Who wants to run the risk of being beaten by The Sergeant, though? That’d be a blow to pride if ever there was one 😋

That's only because he has no nonsense defenses against our nonsense damage.

DE knows that armor scaling is broken, but it was the only thing that reined in unchecked player damage scaling.

Armor can still be cheesed though, so DE still resorts to Damage Caps, invincibility phases and Scaling DR to make bosses tanky. 

DE gave use too many ways to multiply our damage and instead of taking those away, they just threw in a bunch of ways enemies could use to divide our damage.

The player damage vs enemy ehp is not a steady curve, but a sine wave.

So enemies are in a constant state of being both paper and sponges.

Shrodinger's balance.

16 minutes ago, DealerOfAbsolutes said:

That's only because he has no nonsense defenses against our nonsense damage.

DE knows that armor scaling is broken, but it was the only thing that reined in unchecked player damage scaling.

Armor can still be cheesed though, so DE still resorts to Damage Caps, invincibility phases and Scaling DR to make bosses tanky. 

DE gave use too many ways to multiply our damage and instead of taking those away, they just threw in a bunch of ways enemies could use to divide our damage.

The player damage vs enemy ehp is not a steady curve, but a sine wave.

So enemies are in a constant state of being both paper and sponges.

Shrodinger's balance.

Weird. Enemies are in the "Comfortable TTK" range for me, personally.

....😨 I've broken quantum stuff

Archived