Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we not give Lephantis the ability to lock you out of any weapons that can actually kill it?

Crusher4881

Lephantis sorties almost always spawn either either a "Sniper Only" or "Bow Only" modifier. For most bosses this wouldn't be much of a problem, but Lephantis also packs a hard damage cap per projectile, designed to explicitly prevent snipers and bows being effective against it. Thus, whenever it pulls this sortie modifier out, it doesn't matter what your build is, you will hit the damage cap, and you will run out of ammo before getting anywhere close to killing it.

This modifier combination on this boss needs to be completely removed.

15 minutes ago, Crusher4881 said:

Lephantis sorties almost always spawn either either a "Sniper Only" or "Bow Only" modifier. For most bosses this wouldn't be much of a problem, but Lephantis also packs a hard damage cap per projectile, designed to explicitly prevent snipers and bows being effective against it. Thus, whenever it pulls this sortie modifier out, it doesn't matter what your build is, you will hit the damage cap, and you will run out of ammo before getting anywhere close to killing it.

I exclusively used Rubico prime for lephantis and I’ve never had a problem 

24 minutes ago, -Moctezuma- said:

yikes... we really asking to nerf already cheesable bosses?

To be fair, he's not asking for the boss to be nerfed. Just suggesting that certain mode/restriction combos are probably not a great idea. I'm kind of indifferent about it, but I don't think it's a terrible idea.

45 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

Warframe exalted weapons are still available. Titania deletes Sortie Lephantis with her Dex Pixia

Literally not once ever at all in this thread was that in question. OP is talking about the damage caps that affect slow firing, single hit weapons like snipers and bows.

Dex Pixia isn’t either of those things, and is obviously not at all relevant to the conversation.

How about we ban all hard missions? No more radiation modifiers. Enemies are no longer able to knock us down. NIghtmare missions now auto-complete themselves. Now killing feral kavats automatically grants 10 genetic codes. Containers no longer drop credits, they drop platinum.

Finally, Ordis will no longer make bad jokes, he will speak in 100% pure sarcasm.

Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF

4 hours ago, Crusher4881 said:

Thus, whenever it pulls this sortie modifier out, it doesn't matter what your build is, you will hit the damage cap, and you will run out of ammo before getting anywhere close to killing it.

BTW I completed the sortie today. I did just under 80% of the total damage. I was with a group of randoms.

30 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

How about we ban all hard missions?

He's not asking to remove all challenge from everything. He saw a conflict in how two elements work together (probably unintentionally) and thinks something should be done about it. Sure, there are ways to work around it, but there's no reason for this level of hyperbole.

4 hours ago, Crusher4881 said:

There is a time in your warframe existence where you will learn when you see weapon modifier you pick warframe with exalted weapon for boss

In this case titania

You could say no one should be forced to pick specific frame for that but it would be like saying you should not be forced to pick stealth frame for spy or cc or aoe frame for defense

Thats what i like in warframe 
If you prepare yourself you just have OPTIONS if not its like digging your own grave to complain about something

Same situation with Ambulas if its melee only you just pick mesa and your problem is solved

Dont blame ammo economy blame your preparation

2 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

Finally, Ordis will no longer make bad jokes, he will speak in 100% pure sarcasm.

My first reaction after seeing the New War trailer with Kahl-175 is that, if Ordis ever cracks that joke about Grineer intelligence again, Ima gonna slap him.

6 hours ago, FrostDragoon said:

Sure, there are ways to work around it, but there's no reason for this level of hyperbole.

I'm just grouchy because of their use of over-exaggeration.

11 hours ago, Crusher4881 said:

Lephantis sorties almost always spawn either either a "Sniper Only" or "Bow Only" modifier.

11 hours ago, Crusher4881 said:

it doesn't matter what your build is, you will hit the damage cap, and you will run out of ammo before getting anywhere close to killing it.

#1 The sorties. No I haven't noticed a pattern of "Sniper Only" or "Bow Only" modifiers with Lephantis. Honestly melee-only and Enhanced Physical Resistance are a burden too.

#2 The build. Yes it does matter what choices you make before you start the mission.

#3 The ammo. If using Acceltra/Bramma/Lenz, sure you'll run out of ammo and should bring a consumable ammo restore. However under normal circumstances running out of ammo means there is a problem with your build, refer to #2.

15 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

#1 The sorties. No I haven't noticed a pattern of "Sniper Only" or "Bow Only" modifiers with Lephantis. Honestly melee-only and Enhanced Physical Resistance are a burden too.

I agree. It was probably just a heavy dose of confirmation bias on the part of the OP.

Points 2 and 3 are correct as well.

7 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

There is a time in your warframe existence where you will learn when you see weapon modifier you pick warframe with exalted weapon for boss

In this case titania

You could say no one should be forced to pick specific frame for that but it would be like saying you should not be forced to pick stealth frame for spy or cc or aoe frame for defense

Thats what i like in warframe 
If you prepare yourself you just have OPTIONS if not its like digging your own grave to complain about something

Same situation with Ambulas if its melee only you just pick mesa and your problem is solved

Dont blame ammo economy blame your preparation

You don't even need to do that. Just get a sniper with a large magazine and kill it like usual. 

I do wish they would add more modifiers to sorties though. Something like, headshots do 3x damage, body shots do 1/8. 

Archived