Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you not get one shotted by acolytes with nekros

(PSN)biskuitbau

Question

13 answers to this question

hace 31 minutos, (PSN)biskuitbau dijo:

I was running a petrify Nekros build for farming but i keep getting one shotted

If you guys have a better build with ore gaze, please send it here .

Thx (^-^)

Shield of shadows (Ability Strength to 214%, if you wanna get 90% damage reduction) + Adaptation + Arcane guardian

On 2021-08-07 at 4:49 PM, TARINunit9 said:

Against Misery, Mania, Angst, and Violence, your best bet is to play keepaway (especially Mania with his freaking Lifted procs)

Against Torment, your goal is to rush her down to reduce her DPS, since all her powers suck

Against Malice, you're on your own

Against Malice just keep moving around like a cat on a hot tin roof. :tongue:

If you don't this might happen, I stopped for a second and... 

12:19:45 - <Slayer-.> killed by 240,036 damage at 4,037 health using a CrpBriefcaseLauncher

I've noticed they have changed to the new Corpus weapons, Malice is usually using a Acolyte Opticor

Edit: I killed myself. :facepalm:

Health Conversion, Panzer Vulpaphyla, Synth Fiber, Synth Deconstruct, Martyr Symbiosis.

If you get Magnetized:

10 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

12:19:45 - <Slayer-.> killed by 240,036 damage at 4,037 health using a CrpBriefcaseLauncher

I've noticed they have changed to the new Corpus weapons, Malice was using a Acolyte Opticor

Malice wields an CrpBFG.png Opticor and a HeatDagger.png Heat Dagger. Malice is capable of casting Magnetize130xDark.png Magnetize against enemy Tenno,

Just roll. The magnetize bubble will be removed from your person. I advise using melee against Malice in the first place, as if you don't use projectiles they can't force you to kill yourself.

Shield of Shadows can also just end up making your life more annoying. I'd recommend, instead, rolling guard or adaptation.

Use a real consumable specter of Protea for her heat turrets or Octavia for invisibility.

Shattering Impact reduces their armor very quickly, and thus causes them to die shortly thereafter.

On 2021-08-07 at 5:29 PM, (PSN)theelix said:

Health Conversion, Panzer Vulpaphyla, Synth Fiber, Synth Deconstruct, Martyr Symbiosis.

If you get Magnetized:

Just roll. The magnetize bubble will be removed from your person. I advise using melee against Malice in the first place, as if you don't use projectiles they can't force you to kill yourself.

Shield of Shadows can also just end up making your life more annoying. I'd recommend, instead, rolling guard or adaptation.

Use a real consumable specter of Protea for her heat turrets or Octavia for invisibility.

Shattering Impact reduces their armor very quickly, and thus causes them to die shortly thereafter.

I always melee Malice, for the hundreds of times I've killed him he's only got me a few times and that was me having a brainfart moment, I kill him with a tactic I've worked out for them all, goes back to my assassins creed black flag days on my ship.

There is a way to not get one shotted???? 😲😲😲

On 2021-08-07 at 4:05 PM, Aratir said:

As the game has no real boss battle its either you cc them to hell and oneshot them or they do......balance.

Yea the first thousand of hours warframe looks like every other games with health bars and all those good stuff, but after that the game simply turns into Bushido Blade.

having high Range to keep Desecrate in Range and then adding something like Gloom so you can stack that and Creeping Terrify, will probably do alright. you'll be at a distance so the Limbo one probably won't be able to cancel your Abilities. and the Acolyte will be slow AF from stacking two slows. even if you're at just a modest say.... 1.9x Strength, stacking those two will already be a 93.3% Slow, plenty enough. hell, even 1.5x Strength would already be a 90.5% Slow.

another option, maybe not Nekros at all. i don't know how well Invisibility and Sleep together will work against the Limbo Acolyte, but it's worth a shot anyways. maybe it'll work and you can Kill it from close by without it being able to cancel your Abilities. and Prowl is a 100% roll Chance, unlike Desecrate at 54%.

Honestly the keep-away game works. There is still Mania, who will teleport you to him for melee attacks, but you can be quick with your recovery to get away before he gets through all of your health (he will also redirect gunfire with Turbulence, but AoE and Abilities still work).

All of the Melee types cannot hit you if you do some basic wall jumping/clinging and stay above their plane of attack, so make sure that when you see that screen flicker you're heading for a place that has some vertical surfaces.

Acolytes apart from Misery and Mania will chase you to get line-of-sight or into melee range, use your mobility to drop off ledges to another location, or climb to places where they have to path around to get to you. Buys you time to recover if they've hit you. Misery likes to hang back and send his Shadows to attack you, so getting in sight of him and using range works just fine.

Malice will put a Magnetise bubble around you, which means you can kill yourself with your own damage if you don't notice it, when Malice spawns, wait for the bubble then roll to leave it behind, he can only cast it once unless you're really slow killing him.

Violence uses Silence to prevent your Abilities for a few seconds, but is melee and uses only direct-line damage abilities, so just keep-away above him until you can cast again. You're more at risk from the other enemies at that time than you are from the Acolyte.

Spoiler

One of the ways I've found works really, really well for dealing with Acolytes is kiting them into existing Abilities, or casting persistent AoE abilities at their location when they're trying to path to you. One of the single best I've found is Zephyr's new stationary Tornado, because of how much damage it can put out with high Crit weapons. Using Turbulence and her Passive to boost the range and crit of something like the Catchmoon (modded with lots of galvanise and elemental damage), and shooting the Tornado funnels to double your modded Crit Damage... that just puts out so much damage in an AoE around the funnel, and Acolytes will melt incredibly quickly. All the while you're just Hovering above any attacks they can do (besides Teleport and Magnetise) and completely safe from them.

Keep away ability, AoE damage ability based on your boosted weapon damage, safety from general mobs with a ranged-damage shield...

Considering that Zephyr, as long as the maps don't spawn Nullifiers like Ani in the Void or Grineer maps, is practically a goddess of Survivals due to boosting damage, persistent CC and survivability anyway... I can recommend investing in her for your trips out.

You can do surprisingly well with just movement against Acolytes, don't underestimate it.

On 2021-08-07 at 5:09 PM, Slayer-. said:

Against Malice just keep moving around like a cat on a hot tin roof. :tongue:

I've noticed they have changed to the new Corpus weapons, Malice is usually using a Acolyte Opticor

On 2021-08-07 at 5:29 PM, (PSN)theelix said:

Malice wields an CrpBFG.png Opticor and a HeatDagger.png Heat Dagger. Malice is capable of casting Magnetize130xDark.png Magnetize against enemy Tenno,

Holy crap you're right, it was I who was carrying the CrpBriefcaseLauncher I must not of noticed a bubble at the time forgive me I'm old. 

I normally just melee kill them all 99% of the time anyway.

I do apologize for my error. @(PSN)theelix  

Archived