Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Me Save The Monstrosities

Lutesque

Question

Beloved Tenno and Tenno-nets... I need some Tags for The Entrati Family...

I've done Conservation before so I took my Default Conservation Loadout (you know... Ivara.. Found Some Poop and did the whole Tracking thing and bait thing Aaaaaaaaaaaaand nothing.... No animals or enemies showed up... Nothing appeared on my Radar...

Can someone School this Tenno in how to Capture these Horrific Rejects of Mother Nature ? 😱

15 answers to this question

Could you hear a beep noise with the tranq equipped? 

Oh and are you looking for a bird type fauna? The Avichaea? From your other replies, I assume this is the case, they can be super annoying to find, I am trying to think of how I can articulate how to spot them easier. Depending on what lure location you use. In some areas they are high up and above a lot of other structures, like the big fleshy things. With the tranq rifle you can usually see them, through such structures, but they can be tiny and they will appear red and Deimos is... a lot of red. I'd try finding dark structures to hide behind when you use tranq to look around since... you'll be able to see the red marker of animals through the object, if the object is darker it makes it easy to spot. 

Its really annoying though and "technically" they did make it easier since launch lol 

I personally just fly around Deimos with archwing and tranq gun equipped. Deimos animals roam around the map so you dont necessary need to track them.

I use the tranq gun only to spot the animals, then use Equinox to put them to sleep and capture them that way.

8 minutes ago, Dauggie said:

try again, sometimes it bugs out. if it's happening way often then post it under bugs section, with some video clip if you can

Oh.... I didn't want to call it buggy without Assuming I was doing something wrong first 😁 !!!

8 minutes ago, VilleMigel said:

I personally just fly around Deimos with archwing and tranq gun equipped. Deimos animals roam around the map so you dont necessary need to track them

Yeah I found those are relatively easy to Acquire.... Unfortunately to reach Rank 3 they want Tags from a Flying Monstrosity.... Those are much harder to come by naturally... 😱 So I bought a Lure and decided to go look for it.

10 minutes ago, VilleMigel said:

I use the tranq gun only to spot the animals, then use Equinox to put them to sleep and capture them that way

I might do that too... Depends on if I really want to Stick to my Main.... Which I do.... I'm just afraid of the Salty Side Effects !!!

6 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

At first...yes .... However it Stopped when I found the Calling Point for some Reason.

7 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Oh and are you looking for a bird type fauna? The Avichaea?

That's the One !!!

8 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

From your other replies, I assume this is the case, they can be super annoying to find, I am trying to think of how I can articulate how to spot them easier. Depending on what lure location you use. In some areas they are high up and above a lot of other structures, like the big fleshy things. With the tranq rifle you can usually see them, through such structures, but they can be tiny and they will appear red and Deimos is... a lot of red. I'd try finding dark structures to hide behind when you use tranq to look around since... you'll be able to see the red marker of animals through the object, if the object is darker it makes it easy to spot

Thanks.... Atleast this is better than what I had to go on before... Which was nothing ,😭 !!!

8 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Its really annoying though and "technically" they did make it easier since launch lol 

Yeah I'm way more Salty about the Iso Vaults right now.... I feel like I'm doing Vox Solaris all over again 😱 !!!

28 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Oh and are you looking for a bird type fauna? The Avichaea? From your other replies, I assume this is the case, they can be super annoying to find, I am trying to think of how I can articulate how to spot them easier. Depending on what lure location you use. In some areas they are high up and above a lot of other structures, like the big fleshy things. With the tranq rifle you can usually see them, through such structures, but they can be tiny and they will appear red and Deimos is... a lot of red. I'd try finding dark structures to hide behind when you use tranq to look around since... you'll be able to see the red marker of animals through the object, if the object is darker it makes it easy to spot. 

just have my luck- I wander innocently and the Avichea drops on me; no idea the heck it is and usually I'm fighting Infested- I get Son telling me how sad it is to lose one... can't find a thing unless I'm doing something else xD

Cerebrum Magna is an alright place to find them last I checked, but getting a specific one may not happen right away, to be fair. There may be a slight chance the Avichaea will be caught inside the terrain, unless that was definitively fixed. But should that occur then I would like to think there are other Avichaea trail points to try; If not, entering & exiting the Cambion Drift should solve the lack of them!

If it also helps, the beeping's range is 50 meters in all directions from where you are. So if you're flying around in AW and a beep comes up, a bit of slow backtracking and looking for the glowing red silhouette through terrain is another way to go about it. I remember coming across Avichaea that way once or twice (Seeing them flying naturally), but I'm not sure how likely that is to happen for them compared to just using a Lure & call point.

I wish tranq rifle would display range to animal.  Mining gun has this and it lets you very quickly and easily know which directions to move based on if the range goes up or down(faaar more helpful then the diamond highlights they added to ore spots).   As soon as you start closing distance w/ an animal you would then know what direction to look.  

------

Always use a smeeta kavat when you go hunting/fishing/mining.   It "can" multiple tags/pick ups.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

I wish tranq rifle would display range to animal

Me too... The biggest issue I had was I could hear beeping but no matter how Carefully I look around I just can't see any animals....

On top of that... When I'm searching for Poop... I have to switch to my Synthesis Scanner to find it because it literally blends into the Ground Texture 😱 !!!

13 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Beloved Tenno and Tenno-nets... I need some Tags for The Entrati Family...

I've done Conservation before so I took my Default Conservation Loadout (you know... Ivara.. Found Some Poop and did the whole Tracking thing and bait thing Aaaaaaaaaaaaand nothing.... No animals or enemies showed up... Nothing appeared on my Radar...

Can someone School this Tenno in how to Capture these Horrific Rejects of Mother Nature ? 😱

@Lutesque
God the birds are a pain. Here’s how you find them.

Step 1. Press the Avichea echo lure to find avicheas specifically.

Step 2. Complete the Blah blah tracking things.

Step 3. Get to a high spot or hide behind a dark rock. The tranq will highlight them light a scanner and it’ll be easy for you to see.

Step 4. These birds are extremely hard to shoot. Try line up the tranq rifle and calculate the trajectory of the dart. Know how high to aim and how far ahead of the bird to aim as well. Find your spot as fast as possible then shoot. If they start running away, aim higher, you get it.

Vulpahylas and Predasites.

Step 1. Take out the appropriate echo lure and do the tracking thingy.

Step 2. Do continuous 360s until you can find the Vulpahyla/Predasite.

Step 3. Shoot them with the tranq rifle. Predasites require 2-3 darts and the Panzer Vulpahyla requires about 5 darts. The other vulpahylas require 1.

Step 4. If you want to capture it, go near the KO’d animal and deploy pherliac pods. Let the infested beat it up a bit until it says “Weakened”. For example if you Tranquilizer a Sly Vulpahyla, once you deploy the pherliac pods, keep a distance from the Vulpahyla and let the infested hit it a little bit until it says “Weakened Sly Vulpahyla”. After it’s weakened, capture it. If you capture it normally you won’t be able to use it as a pet, so I recommend this way. You get the tags either way and if you don’t want to use it as a pet and are too lazy to wait 30 seconds for the infested, just capture it before it’s weakened.

For the rest, just Tranquilizer and capture them. They are not too hard.

So that’s how you capture animals, I’m an expert since I spent a week trying to find panzer Vulpahylas. I captured 7 panzers but I didn’t weaken it (because I didn’t know I needed to do that) until I figured it out after watching the infested fight a predasite. Then I thought “if I shoot it, it will have the same affect!” And I ended up killing the rest…

i got the panzer in the end nevertheless.

26 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Me too... The biggest issue I had was I could hear beeping but no matter how Carefully I look around I just can't see any animals....

On top of that... When I'm searching for Poop... I have to switch to my Synthesis Scanner to find it because it literally blends into the Ground Texture 😱 !!!

IKR! Because everything is orange and red!

Just squint, as hard as possible. Once you hear beeping, do a slow 360. Up, down, normal vision while your doing it because sometimes the animal comes from up high or below.

47 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

The trick to poop is walking around until you step in it.  lol.   

If you have your tranq out you should see the icon the radar.  Just walk around on top of the icon and wait for the "interact with poop" prompt to pop up.  If u use the radar you should also easily see direction of the poop.  But if I cant see it then I just move around in a circle in the area until i get the prompt lol.   

4 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

@Lutesque
God the birds are a pain. Here’s how you find them.

Step 1. Press the Avichea echo lure to find avicheas specifically

I did that.... I only have 2 Lures right now and Switching to the Avichea Lure does change the locations on my Map.... But when I arrive there it's Predasite Poop 😱 !!! 

Step 4. These birds are extremely hard to shoot. Try line up the tranq rifle and calculate the trajectory of the dart. Know how high to aim and how far ahead of the bird to aim as well. Find your spot as fast as possible then shoot. If they start running away, aim higher, you get it.

Yeah the Travel time is so bad I just Use Equinox for all the Flying Creatures.... 

This is basically the reason I have Zero Flying Creature Tags....

Step 4. If you want to capture it, go near the KO’d animal and deploy pherliac pods. Let the infested beat it up a bit until it says “Weakened”. For example if you Tranquilizer a Sly Vulpahyla, once you deploy the pherliac pods, keep a distance from the Vulpahyla and let the infested hit it a little bit until it says “Weakened Sly Vulpahyla”. After it’s weakened, capture it. If you capture it normally you won’t be able to use it as a pet, so I recommend this way. You get the tags either way and if you don’t want to use it as a pet and are too lazy to wait 30 seconds for the infested, just capture it before it’s weakened.

That's fine.... I'm sticking with My Smeeta forever and I don't want more MR so I doubt Il be Weakening any of them.... Atleast not on purpose 😁.

4 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

The trick to poop is walking around until you step in it.  lol.   

That sounds about right... 😁

4 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

If you have your tranq out you should see the icon the radar.  Just walk around on top of the icon and wait for the "interact with poop" prompt to pop up.  If u use the radar you should also easily see direction of the poop.  But if I cant see it then I just move around in a circle in the area until i get the prompt lol

It's just so hard to see.... Multiple Times after finding the poop... I lose the Trail.... And it takes me 20 Seconds or more to find it again... Now I practically glue my Face to the ground so that I don't lose track.

52 minutes ago, (PSN)Onder6099 said:

If You just started, Helios can help with Animals without full Codex entries.

Unfortunately Helios keeps getting Demolished in Deimos for Whatever Reason... 😱

Archived