The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Linking warframe.market?

Eidolor

Linking our game accounts with the site to allow for in-site purchases without having to pm or go to the dojo. Purchases could be delivered to our inboxes. What would be dangers or concerns? How much work would this take?

28 minutes ago, DarkSkysz said:

Sharing personal info is never safe... maybe the guys in charge of warframe.market are honest, maybe not.

Im not defending them or attacking

I just want to point out they have so many login and passwords of users in their services that are exactly the same for warframe that if they pull 1 stupid stunt like abusing it would end their site in seconds

Not to mention since its site to help you trade then well lets take into account you need in fact have 2FA to even trade so um well

On top of that 2 things
1 - imagine the amount of accounts of ppl they potentially have access to who dont play for years yet they hold tons of plat or either vaulted relics so?
2 - if you think about it its in their best interest to be as secure and as honest as possible if they want that site to still run

But i can agree on 1 thing with you
Even if your mom dont know shi* on how to use PC
Never feel safe and always clean your browsers history every single day

Would never happen. Integrating a third party site would be a nightmare of security and legal issues.

Far as DE making their own service or any form of auction house I hope they never do. The inconvenience of trading is the only thing that's keeping prices from bottoming out which isn't good for anyone.

I would prefer an "auction house", something like the market in Runescape the "Grand Exchange", that would make trading way better, i really dislike to have to leave a mission or leave the person waiting while i finish the mission.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb DarkSkysz:

Sharing personal info is never safe... maybe the guys in charge of warframe.market are honest, maybe not.

You create a market account and then message the warframe account of warframe.market on the forum which proves that you are who you claim to be. You are not logging into warframe.market with your warframe account. This is the reason why everyone could impersonate the people who are unable to comprehend the setup instructions over on warframe.market.

2 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

If DE were to do this, they may as well just have it be part of the game itself.

Trading is designed to feel bad, and is working as intended.

This is almost definitely the reason they won't do it or consider it. It acknowledges something players have asked for over half a decade and yet still we have to rely on an IRC with filters.

16 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

You create a market account and then message the warframe account of warframe.market on the forum which proves that you are who you claim to be. You are not logging into warframe.market with your warframe account. This is the reason why everyone could impersonate the people who are unable to comprehend the setup instructions over on warframe.market.

There's that and also the fact that if anyone took the time to actually search "warmarketman" on the forums, they'd come across the instruction thread.

It's honestly baffling to me that it's so difficult to understand.

7 hours ago, trst said:

Would never happen. Integrating a third party site would be a nightmare of security and legal issues.

Twitch and prime gaming links exist , so there is already precedence.

We can already link our accounts , so there is no security or legal concern of the same process is followed.

But I would honestly much rather have in game equivalent instead of having to link it.

I have been a supporter for in game AH for years now.

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Twitch and prime gaming links exist , so there is already precedence.

We can already link our accounts , so there is no security or legal concern of the same process is followed.

But I would honestly much rather have in game equivalent instead of having to link it.

I have been a supporter for in game AH for years now.

There is a difference between account linking to sites ran and owned by a major corporation and a small fan site. Plus we're talking about a system that directly modifies your account to not jus send items to it but also to remove them and modify your plat count. I'd assume they would need to acquire legal rights/ownership of the site first for security but at that point there is no reason not to make it themselves.

And I'd prefer to not get into the entire discussion yet again but an AH isn't a good thing for a market with rapidly gained infinite supply vs a very finite demand. Which may be made worse once crossplay is implemented.

1 hour ago, ZeroX4 said:

Read it again then maybe you will understand where you did over interpreted

Sorry I still don't understand. 

You mentioned "they have so many login and passwords of users in their services that are exactly the same for warframe". But warframe.market doesnt have those details. At most, they have your forum name, but they shouldn't have your warframe password unless you used the same password for both.

For PC users, I'm assuming your forum name is your user name, so they do have that. But for console console users, our user name is not our forum name.

If you're referring to the suggestion, that is, if DE went to the effort of creating the tools/functionality to trade outside of the game, and then created an API/protocol to allow third-parties to access your account, those third-parties wouldn't have your username/password, as that would be encrypted and handled by the API/protocol.

I agree with the ones who wrote that if they wanted to do this, they might as well just implement it themselves. But I get this distinct feeling that DE does not want to implement an official auction house, perhaps to make trading a bit more difficult, perhaps so they won't have to vouch for the trades.

38 minutes ago, trst said:

There is a difference between account linking to sites ran and owned by a major corporation and a small fan site. Plus we're talking about a system that directly modifies your account to not jus send items to it but also to remove them and modify your plat count. I'd assume they would need to acquire legal rights/ownership of the site first for security but at that point there is no reason not to make it themselves.

The same big corporation that was hacked and has put many of their user base at risk :P ?

I don't deny that its easier to trust a bigger corporation with their own 30 page agreements and data security policies in place, i am saying there have already been times where we have linked in game benefits with third party sites. So its not completely a new concept and i havent even said you need to be able to trade directly , just a "show of interest" or "offer received" notification would suffice..

And i also agree DE should just make it themselves instead of going that route.

45 minutes ago, trst said:

And I'd prefer to not get into the entire discussion yet again but an AH isn't a good thing for a market with rapidly gained infinite supply vs a very finite demand. Which may be made worse once crossplay is implemented.

Yeah lets not go there despite our very clear disagreement with each others viewpoints.

1 hour ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Sorry I still don't understand. 

You mentioned "they have so many login and passwords of users in their services that are exactly the same for warframe". But warframe.market doesnt have those details. At most, they have your forum name, but they shouldn't have your warframe password unless you used the same password for both.

For PC users, I'm assuming your forum name is your user name, so they do have that. But for console console users, our user name is not our forum name.

If you're referring to the suggestion, that is, if DE went to the effort of creating the tools/functionality to trade outside of the game, and then created an API/protocol to allow third-parties to access your account, those third-parties wouldn't have your username/password, as that would be encrypted and handled by the API/protocol.

I have my main email i use for stuff important for me
Another one for games which i use when i register to games i MAY like

Then i have last one i dont give a F*** about which i use for crap i dont give a F*** like when i need to login to download something or comment or whatever
And if that last one was stolen someone break my password which to it which is Aaaa!111 i would have no F***s to give just because that was his purpose
To be expandable and so i dont need to care about it and just make another one if i need and move on

Now imagine some ppl are just like me with their emails while others dont give F*** at all so MAYBE they have 1 email and to remember password to it is exactly the same as to any service they make account for

You would be amazed by the number of ppl that either are stupid or dont give a F*** and we cant blame them since they value their time and accounts they make which in most cases works as a key to grant them access and not as a treasure trove holding their valuables

So just the fact warframe market dont use login credentials that are used for warframe itself does not mean they are not the same
I bet if they took 100 random users login and passwords and try to login with them to warframe itself they would have a match every idk 5th maybe 10th try

You may say i am absolutely wrong
But is your facebook pass any cryptic? If so i really dont care why but you should care that some ppl dont give a fak about theirs

Since they only use FB as means of communications and not something to share "wtf is going right now in their life"

So by "default" (not on purpose, and not by design) they have many ppls passwords that would fit their warframe accounts

54 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

ou may say i am absolutely wrong

Ah yup yup, I see what you're saying. But it doesn't really have much to do with whether or not DE would build the functionality to allow trading outside of the game.

That'd be kinda like saying "no more websites, games or ANYTHING that requires logging in" just because some people choose to use the same login details for everything. It's certainly not a new issue, that's been a thing for ~30 years since the internet ever existed. 

47 minutes ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Ah yup yup, I see what you're saying. But it doesn't really have much to do with whether or not DE would build the functionality to allow trading outside of the game.

That'd be kinda like saying "no more websites, games or ANYTHING that requires logging in" just because some people choose to use the same login details for everything. It's certainly not a new issue, that's been a thing for ~30 years since the internet ever existed. 

@DarkSkysz
Says sharing personal info is never safe which in fact never is and that guys from warframe market can just simply dont be as honest as we believe

So i explained that dont even need to try hard to be dishonest when tons of players give them keys to their stuff willingly because they are either stupid or dont give a F***

Its kinda same situation as if you are afraid to bee seen by your coworkers or classmates in your underwear yet how you dress up for pool or beach?
We dont want to be filmed by someone with his smartphone yet when we go into bank shop or whatever there are many cameras documenting our every move and we dont care

So in fact yeah it have really much to do with with connecting to the game if you think about it
But we have here 2 issues

1 connecting 1 service to another by linking account (in twitch case because in warframe market case it only works as of verification route and nothing is linked from warframe side)
Which is what we have now anyway where warframe market is simply site listing our offers and even so i dont see any1 would have problem with that i also dont see any need for that

2 creating passive trading system which would break core trading mechanizm and how we are supposed to make our plat and sell stuff
So in other words creating just as bare bones as it gets AUCTION HOUSE which many players want and others dont
Imagine price drop like now you can buy prime part for 2 plat after we get auction house it will be 2 plat for 5 prime parts
Imagine that rage of players who lose all they trades per day and complain they NEED separate trades for when they gain plat and when they sell for plat

Just a sh** storm where we are meant for that system to slow us down as much as possible like all the content we get
Its not about doing the content which takes years but to stall our progress so we feel it takes years

While it was stated many times there wont be any Auction House system anywa

On top of that imagine how stupid OPs actually is (with all due respect to you)
Lets make trading system in the game that allow passive trades without interaction between buyer and seller at the same time
Yet lets leave what is sold in hand and plat transfer also player identification to 3rd party site?
Am i the only 1 here seeing how stupid it is?

25 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

connecting 1 service to another by linking account
Which is what we have now anyway where warframe market is simply site listing our offers and even so i dont see any1 would have problem with that i also dont see any need for that

Nah, the current system doesn't really link your account. It just uses an extremely simple 'process' to verify that you have a Warframe account. Your warframe account and warframe.market account can't talk to each other at all.

I'll try give an example:

When I login to a 3rd party site using my PSN details, that site doesn't see my username or password. They basically send a request to Sony to say "hey can you please verify this person". Then Sony steps in and does its bit and sends back a yea or nah. From that point on, that website can send very basic queries about my account, queries predetermined by Sony (and certain no edit/write access, just some basic read-only access).

Something similar would have to happen if DE did build the functionality to trade outside of the game. And as others have mentioned, if they did add the functionality to trade outside of the game, there's really no point in adding all the extra layers to allow 3rd party acess (I.e. warframe.market), it'd be much simpler for DE to just finish the job and do it all themselves.

I feel the basic suggestion has some merit, but opening it up for 3rd party websites is hugely complex and unnecessary. DE's already said no, so it's mostly a moot point. 

I suspect we may see some price adjustments if cross-platform trading becomes a thing, but it's not like people will all of a sudden start selling corrupted mods for 2p. If everyone flooded the market with literally everything they owned prices would tank, but there's no point in doing that. Some people will drop their prices, but I suspect most will simply hold on and wait for the surplus to reduce and for prices to stabilise (maybe I'm being optimistic).

Edit: list of pro's v con's is staked heavily in the negative, but maybe one day we can start to change that.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Nah, the current system doesn't really link your account. It just uses an extremely simple 'process' to verify that you have a Warframe account. Your warframe account and warframe.market account can't talk to each other at all.

I'll try give an example:

When I login to a 3rd party site using my PSN details, that site doesn't see my username or password. They basically send a request to Sony to say "hey can you please verify this person". Then Sony steps in and does its bit and sends back a yea or nah. From that point on, that website can send very basic queries about my account, queries predetermined by Sony (and certain no edit/write access, just some basic read-only access).

Something similar would have to happen if DE did build the functionality to trade outside of the game. And as others have mentioned, if they did add the functionality to trade outside of the game, there's really no point in adding all the extra layers to allow 3rd party acess (I.e. warframe.market), it'd be much simpler for DE to just finish the job and do it all themselves.

I feel the basic suggestion has some merit, but opening it up for 3rd party websites is hugely complex and unnecessary. DE's already said no, so it's mostly a moot point. 

I suspect we may see some price adjustments if cross-platform trading becomes a thing, but it's not like people will all of a sudden start selling corrupted mods for 2p. If everyone flooded the market with literally everything they owned prices would tank, but there's no point in doing that. Some people will drop their prices, but I suspect most will simply hold on and wait for the surplus to reduce and for prices to stabilise (maybe I'm being optimistic).

Ow you didnt get me at all i didnt meant that you connect warframe market account with your warframe account (even so i was not clear on that so my bad)
I mean like in case of twitch
I am aware how warframe market account verification works so i gonna edit what i wrote above

About 3rd party websites
Some ppl think that i others take part of the work it will lower the work needed to be done in warframe for it to work flawed logic

And overall idea is simple
We will never get auction house and simplest reason for that is because prices would drop like a crazy and well why buy plat for $$$ then?

I really wish i could just list my crap go play and collect my plat before i logoff but i am fully aware also what comes with that and only ppl who dont are all in for auction house
They want auction house so they can just play the game but ask each one that wish for auction house would they want to all crap they sell drop in price 10x?

And there is the answer how single minded some ppl are

Noble cause does not always mean proper cause

5 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

And overall idea is simple
We will never get auction house and simplest reason for that is because prices would drop like a crazy and well why buy plat for $$$ then?

I definitely think you're at least half right. I'll betcha DE have crunched the numbers and realised they'd HAVE to step in and regulate the market. And they simply don't want to (and I don't blame them even one tiny bit). 

There's definitely a risk they'd have to step-in and somehow stop that. Minimum trade amounts for example. (My personal opinion is that it wouldn't be as bad as some may predict, but yeh, perhaps I'm optimistic).

But they'd also have to be conscious of the top end. Reversing scam/black-plat trades. 

Perhaps certain clans or alliances may be able to control the market? *tin foil hat*

7 minutes ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

I definitely think you're at least half right. I'll betcha DE have crunched the numbers and realised they'd HAVE to step in and regulate the market. And they simply don't want to (and I don't blame them even one tiny bit). 

There's definitely a risk they'd have to step-in and somehow stop that. Minimum trade amounts for example. (My personal opinion is that it wouldn't be as bad as some may predict, but yeh, perhaps I'm optimistic).

But they'd also have to be conscious of the top end. Reversing scam/black-plat trades. 

Perhaps certain clans or alliances may be able to control the market? *tin foil hat*

Ok lets fak the idea about us getting plat to fast value of plat dropping and us losing all trades

Now we have auction house
I have 31 trades per day
Lower MR players have for example idk 5

Now how it would motivate one to get to higher MR if from selling 5 items per day making idk lets say 10 plat at best
He should rank up to be able to sell 6 items per day and get 11 plat at best

Trading is connected to many different factors (not to mention credits)

People just want easy and convenient way to trade not thinking trough how many factors adds in to whole process

Ok we have auction house wtf we need relays for?
For baroo to bring primed disappointment? For using simulcarum to which we bought key which is stupid to begin with since we pay for service why we need to even go there where we should be able to visit simulacrum straight from orbiter
Maybe for visiting darvo or clem?

WHATEVER we do it always have more than 1 consequence and its easy to look at it from players eyes since we are players
But if we fail to look at it from developer standpoint then all ideas will go to trash anyway

47 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Now how it would motivate one to get to higher MR if from selling 5 items per day making idk lets say 10 plat at best
He should rank up to be able to sell 6 items per day and get 11 plat at best

You seem to think everything will drop in price by 95%. I think you're wrong. That's just my personal opinion. 

Somethings might drop 50%, some things might drop 20%? Some might drop 80%. Some prices might not change much at all. And after a while some prices would then begin to rise again. Which is what we could see if cross-platform trade occurs.

Why do people buy plat now? To look pretty, and it comes in the accessory packs. If things are cheaper to buy in-game, some people may even be more inclined to buy plat. 

Relays are already redundant, not sure what that has to do with it.

10 minutes ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

You seem to think everything will drop in price by 95%. I think you're wrong. That's just my personal opinion. 

Somethings might drop 50%, some things might drop 20%? Some might drop 80%. Some prices might not change much at all. And after a while some prices would then begin to rise again. Which is what we could see if cross-platform trade occurs.

Why do people buy plat now? To look pretty, and it comes in the accessory packs. If things are cheaper to buy in-game, some people may even be more inclined to buy plat. 

Relays are already redundant, not sure what that has to do with it.

NO ONE including me have any idea about price change that can occur in the future
But we can try and guess how it will turn out after some changes made in the game we already experienced

So dont ask me but ask other players about question i will give you now
- How much was arcane grace or guardian worth 2 years ago vs now when they are EASIER to get?
- How much was legendary fusion cores worth 2 years ago vs now when you could get them from events NW or MR?
- How much was shedu worth before vs post update that made sentient ship be there all the time?
- How much was Critical Focus or other AW mods worth before vs post update where they start to drop from RJ missions much easier?
- How much was Void Hole worth before vs post update making it drop more easily?

I can go on and on and dont take my word for it i am most likely wrong
Go ask that questions ppl you trust and ppl you play with and just look what they will answer with

Accessibility changes price of items that we have
Some players wont list crap for 5 plat because its not wroth to go to dojo for 5 plat
IF they just be able to list whatever and trade is being made automatically without their input we would be flooded with items which will by definition drop in their value

Its not rocket science to figure out that if you want to sell idk nikana prime vs if 10 more ppl would also want to sell it price would be different and all sellers would adjust their price
While being aware there will be constant income of ppl who will get it and also be willing to sell it

So you can have your nikana cost 2 plat more than others they list theirs for 50 plat you list yours for 52
What would you need to do to sell it? Well go to 50
And what if all of you want that plat very bad? Someone would drop the price
And then more players with nikana comes and more ppl sell it and price keep dropping

Thats why we have VAULT which helps but dont fix all issues

I can go all day and sorry for long post again but i hope now you got general idea of the issue

Archived