Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What IS the best sniper for Eidolons?

BethTheBean

Question

Good evening.

I've been slacking on the Quills faction for quite some time, so I decided to get my butt in gear.

To date, what IS the best sniper rifle to bring for Eidolon hunting, and do I need a Chorma build for it?

Currently, I'm using a rad/cold built Rubico and an Oberon build that allows me to weather anything the Eidolon throws at me.

Thank you for reading.

14 answers to this question

Rubico prime is the best rivenless option. Lanka is good for beginners but it has horrible quality of life, being a projectile and a charged shot. Vectis prime is very good if you have a solid riven. Saw voidrig mentioned, and it's good for beginners, but if you want to get into organized/faster hunts, you shouldn't even concern yourself with it. 

Chroma died for eidolons a long time ago, the blink changes killed him and self damage being removed buried him. Volt has taken his spot and is currently the strongest DPS available as he has shock trooper, his shields, and is able to subsume eclipse over his 4.

Rubico Prime is the best choice for Eidolons. Also Vectis Prime is a great alternative if you have primed chamber and/or a good riven. Lanka is good for beginners but terrible compared with Rubico and Vectis.

Also Chroma is good for his Vex Armor, but not good enough after his nerf and with self damage removed.

For this job I suggest to use one of these frames:

- Volt if you want to get a damage buff with his shields

- Oberon for survivability

- Trinity to heal the Eidolon lures

- Rhino to be tanky with his iron skin and to get a damage buff with roar

- Ivara if you have a good zaw with exodia contagion (This is my personal to-go for Eidolons. The Navigator/Exodia Contagion synergy works really well.)

I also suggest to subsume Xata's Whisper, Roar or Eclipse on them to get a good damage buff, if you have unlocked the helminth system.

And also my best suggestions for your operator are Madurai to get a void damage buff for your weapons and your amp, Unairu for survivability and Zenurik to recover some energy if you are running out of energy pods.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Epical_Kaiser said:

Lanka is good for beginners but terrible compared with Rubico and Vectis.

the only disadvantage Lanka has it that you can't sequence skip the Water Animation - i wouldn't be able to consider that alone making it terrible. just about people picking whatever they like since they're probably going to oneshot Phases anyways.

Rubico Prime is great, but I always use a LANKA, but its build depends on the way I do the hunt.

If I strip up the Eidolons' armor (Stropha with Shattering Impact), I use an electric damage Lanka (electric is its innate damage) with a Trinity with a Volt infusion.

If I don't strip up the Eidolons' armor (Redeemer with high crits and radiation dmg), I use a radiation damage Lanka with a Trinity with an Oberon infusion.

I never use Chroma for Eidolons, as ha was nerfed : before he was able to kill Eidolons very easy, but today, it's easier to use a Volt or a Trinity.

Archived