Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I don't want to see an icon on my screen for Resonator

sunderthefirmament

Octavia's Resonator creates a small white icon on the screen that can easily be mistaken for an ayatan icon or reactant in the chaos that is Warframe.  I don't want to see an icon for Resonator on my screen, as I keep thinking it's something I should pay attention to (reactant) or move far away from so it disappears (ayatan) (I have enough cyan stars to last me until the end of time).

It's distracting and disruptive.  It is, I will admit, a relatively minor complaint.  But in a game as grindy as Warframe, where repetition is the order of the day, even a minor annoyance adds up over time.

I can't think of a reason why I would need to know where a teammate's resonator is.  And when I'm playing a frame with Resonator (I've tried it on Banshee and Equinox), I still don't really need to know where it is at all times.  A blue circle on the map is sufficient.

Please remove the icon for Resonator.  It serves no purpose and can easily be mistaken for things that matter.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

This should be a toggle.  I'm sure someone likes it.  I don't care where the resonator is, so I don't want to see it either, but I wouldn't want to remove it for someone that does.  Letting us toggle it off would be great.

That's fair, but I feel like DE is swamped by toggle requests, and that toggles are more work than the average gamer realizes (hence Gara's glass armor appearance changes).

If it's simpler to just remove the icon, then I think that's the route they should take.  It's not like even Octavia needs to know where it is.  Just teabag enough and you can't die with her.

The only reason they added that is probably because of the "Conductor" augment that lets you tell the resonator where to move.    So.... the only time you should see the stupid resonator icon is if you have the conductor augment equipped.....

--- 

I agree with how annoying icon clutter is.   Dont become a Korean web browser game.

1 hour ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

The only reason they added that is probably because of the "Conductor" augment that lets you tell the resonator where to move.    So.... the only time you should see the stupid resonator icon is if you have the conductor augment equipped.....

--- 

I agree with how annoying icon clutter is.   Dont become a Korean web browser game.

Everything about Octavia is very "web browser game" with her unreadable stack of buffs.  I just don't know why they made it worse when her prime launched and turned the blue icon white.

Well, at least to differentiate resonator from other icons I think this would help:

I don't think it should be removed completely, partly because (Hypothetically speaking) there may be people who will ask where their Resonator's icon went in missions, and may want it back to how it is currently. It would be a bit of a tricky situation either way in that regard.

• However, why not have an opacity slider for certain icons such as Resonator instead? I don't know how much harder / easier that would be compared to a toggle, but it would be a way for a player to balance how much they want to see the on-screen icons vs not seeing them. Just an idea, if it's an easier option :)

Changing the icon itself to a music note would not only go with her theme, but it will at least set it apart from Ayatans for sure. It's a start.

Archived