Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #158 (The New War Devstream)

[DE]Rebecca

This sounds pretty interesting! I'm glad to have a rough idea of when The New War will arrive finally, it'll be worth waiting for that Devstream.

There are a few brief things I wanted to throw in from the Devstream #157 thread:

There were some interesting things mentioned back then, but to keep things short(ish) I just wanted to focus on these ^ at the moment. I don't recall exactly when it was mentioned by [DE]Steve, but it sounded like there could be some new functional things coming for Operators, which sounds good! But that brings me to the first thing;

• Expanding Operator Customization. Perhaps it's more of a Duviri Paradox thing, but a Tenno can dream. Crewmates are able to use the Armor and Syandanas of Warframes, but Operators cannot as of this writing. Neither can wear Emblems on their shoulders either, on that note. The customization for them has so much potential! Not to mention that you could even have your Operator match the style of what you have on your Frames, if they were able to wear the same things.

• Aside from that, Operators do have one thing that sets them apart; Minimum Sigil size thresholds. As I noted in the Devstream #157 thread, Operators can have a small Emblem-sized Sigil on their chests, whereas Crewmates and Warframes (& Necramechs now that I think of it) cannot. I don't see any harm whatsoever in increasing the smaller size limit of Front / Back Sigils on them to match that of the Operator.

This way you could shrink it down (& move it around a bit) to let it be visible beside most chest armor attachments! It only adds to the Fashion frame possibilities.

That's the best thing that I can think of for Operators as things are currently, and it can reuse things that already exist in the game. I would hope that part can make it an easier thing to do, at least somewhat. Speaking of things that already exist in the game, and speaking of rivens (Seeing as you'd get one for watching the Devstream) that's the other important thing I wanted to mention.

Riven slots are something that can be looked at in the future, hopefully; I noted in the Devstream #157 thread about how originally, Wreckage used to lock people out of Railjack missions for having any go over a certain limit. So eventually it was updated to how it is now! You'd find an unidentified (Stats-wise) piece of wreckage during a mission, and when you get back to the Dry Dock you can "identify" that piece of wreckage to reveal it's precise stats, and use it for valence fusion or other things.

• The key thing there is, any unidentified wreckage did not count against you in any way, so you can now safely pile up tons of wreckage without being locked out of a mission, and being required to scrap excess stuff.

Sounds familiar, I think; Veiled Rivens (Mostly unidentified) take up a slot currently, and thus count against the total number of riven slots you can have. This locks you out of Sorties (And those for NW!) because there's a possibility of getting a new riven from there, if you're at your current limit. Since this has been a major QoL-focused update, I want to mention all of this because I think the Wreckage system can be adapted to Veiled Rivens, based on how the two systems work. I outlined it in the linked post above, but here's the main points in more detail:

• A Veiled Riven currently has a challenge you need to complete to unveil it. With the wreckage system in mind, this would not be the case. A piece of wreckage still says the name of what it is (Such as a "Vidar Reactor MKII"), just not the stats.

Therefore, I think a veiled riven only needs to display the category of weapon that it's for, such as a Rifle, Melee or Pistol riven, and be located in the inventory screen. Like how wreckage can be piled up, this way you can store dozens (Or many more) of veiled [Weapon Type here] rivens, and can then select that stack of rivens to pull one out, like unboxing a deck of cards for the first time.

• When you pull out one of your veiled rivens, that's when the game can create & assign a challenge to that riven. Until the riven has a challenge, akin to unidentified wreckage, it's only waiting in the inventory to be identified.

• With a challenge assigned, that's when it functions like any veiled riven does now, it takes up a slot and can be traded, etc.; I thought of that because I feel that if someone does not intend to do anything with a Veiled Riven, why should that riven count against them for things that they may want to do, such as Sorties for Nightwave like the Tenno who started that thread?

Likewise, when the challenge is completed, you've unveiled (identified) the riven! And still have plenty of other Veiled rivens of that weapon category stored away without needing to worry about slot limits.

• Implementing the wreckage system for rivens like this would allow you to participate and progress in anything that would otherwise lock you out. This may be an extra step, & rivens may only be affected by Sortie restrictions, but I think it could be an open opportunity to streamline part of the riven system while slightly helping out the Nightwave system as well; Since two of those weekly acts involve doing Sorties.

Perhaps the Wreckage system for rivens could be done even better than how I thought of it, but I just wanted to see if I can help shine a light on that for those who'd need it :)

All in all, thanks for hearing me out on these things. I have thought of a lot of other ideas to improve things such as Scarlet Spear and the Necramechs, but I thought Operators and the Veiled Riven~Wreckage system idea were more important at the moment, considering the former's role in TNW, and all the recent QoL additions. Hopefully there's more stuff to come!

question: once new war is active when newer players go to places like cetus without being up to that part of the quest yet, will they see cetus destroyed and under sentient attack or will they have a default cetus? any place under sentient attack i speak of not just cetus?

question: the warframe amazon prime gaming stuff is a one shot deal? like will none of that stuff ever come back around ever? i kinda wanted that interior prime orbiter decor but didnt have amazon prime at the time. is there no chance of ever getting that again?

Ok people...Like really? Have they not launched always, a giant, right b4 xmas and you could spend like 3 weeks avoiding family trying to do everything as fast as possible so you could make a stupid post saying how Bored you are already with the game. (this doesnt include switchers getting ripped off from a tennogen or two til the new year). But, you get the point.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

This sounds pretty interesting! I'm glad to have a rough idea of when The New War will arrive finally, it'll be worth waiting for that Devstream.

There are a few brief things I wanted to throw in from the Devstream #157 thread:

There were some interesting things mentioned back then, but to keep things short(ish) I just wanted to focus on these ^ at the moment. I don't recall exactly when it was mentioned by [DE]Steve, but it sounded like there could be some new functional things coming for Operators, which sounds good! But that brings me to the first thing;

• Expanding Operator Customization. Perhaps it's more of a Duviri Paradox thing, but a Tenno can dream. Crewmates are able to use the Armor and Syandanas of Warframes, but Operators cannot as of this writing. Neither can wear Emblems on their shoulders either, on that note. The customization for them has so much potential! Not to mention that you could even have your Operator match the style of what you have on your Frames, if they were able to wear the same things.

• Aside from that, Operators do have one thing that sets them apart; Minimum Sigil size thresholds. As I noted in the Devstream #157 thread, Operators can have a small Emblem-sized Sigil on their chests, whereas Crewmates and Warframes (& Necramechs now that I think of it) cannot. I don't see any harm whatsoever in increasing the smaller size limit of Front / Back Sigils on them to match that of the Operator.

This way you could shrink it down (& move it around a bit) to let it be visible beside most chest armor attachments! It only adds to the Fashion frame possibilities.

That's the best thing that I can think of for Operators as things are currently, and it can reuse things that already exist in the game. I would hope that part can make it an easier thing to do, at least somewhat. Speaking of things that already exist in the game, and speaking of rivens (Seeing as you'd get one for watching the Devstream) that's the other important thing I wanted to mention.

Riven slots are something that can be looked at in the future, hopefully; I noted in the Devstream #157 thread about how originally, Wreckage used to lock people out of Railjack missions for having any go over a certain limit. So eventually it was updated to how it is now! You'd find an unidentified (Stats-wise) piece of wreckage during a mission, and when you get back to the Dry Dock you can "identify" that piece of wreckage to reveal it's precise stats, and use it for valence fusion or other things.

• The key thing there is, any unidentified wreckage did not count against you in any way, so you can now safely pile up tons of wreckage without being locked out of a mission, and being required to scrap excess stuff.

Sounds familiar, I think; Veiled Rivens (Mostly unidentified) take up a slot currently, and thus count against the total number of riven slots you can have. This locks you out of Sorties (And those for NW!) because there's a possibility of getting a new riven from there, if you're at your current limit. Since this has been a major QoL-focused update, I want to mention all of this because I think the Wreckage system can be adapted to Veiled Rivens, based on how the two systems work. I outlined it in the linked post above, but here's the main points in more detail:

• A Veiled Riven currently has a challenge you need to complete to unveil it. With the wreckage system in mind, this would not be the case. A piece of wreckage still says the name of what it is (Such as a "Vidar Reactor MKII"), just not the stats.

Therefore, I think a veiled riven only needs to display the category of weapon that it's for, such as a Rifle, Melee or Pistol riven, and be located in the inventory screen. Like how wreckage can be piled up, this way you can store dozens (Or many more) of veiled [Weapon Type here] rivens, and can then select that stack of rivens to pull one out, like unboxing a deck of cards for the first time.

• When you pull out one of your veiled rivens, that's when the game can create & assign a challenge to that riven. Until the riven has a challenge, akin to unidentified wreckage, it's only waiting in the inventory to be identified.

• With a challenge assigned, that's when it functions like any veiled riven does now, it takes up a slot and can be traded, etc.; I thought of that because I feel that if someone does not intend to do anything with a Veiled Riven, why should that riven count against them for things that they may want to do, such as Sorties for Nightwave like the Tenno who started that thread?

Likewise, when the challenge is completed, you've unveiled (identified) the riven! And still have plenty of other Veiled rivens of that weapon category stored away without needing to worry about slot limits.

• Implementing the wreckage system for rivens like this would allow you to participate and progress in anything that would otherwise lock you out. This may be an extra step, & rivens may only be affected by Sortie restrictions, but I think it could be an open opportunity to streamline part of the riven system while slightly helping out the Nightwave system as well; Since two of those weekly acts involve doing Sorties.

Perhaps the Wreckage system for rivens could be done even better than how I thought of it, but I just wanted to see if I can help shine a light on that for those who'd need it :)

All in all, thanks for hearing me out on these things. I have thought of a lot of other ideas to improve things such as Scarlet Spear and the Necramechs, but I thought Operators and the Veiled Riven~Wreckage system idea were more important at the moment, considering the former's role in TNW, and all the recent QoL additions. Hopefully there's more stuff to come!

The problem with that, is there are continually new weapons added to the game whereas wreckage now its easily possible to have the best of everything and if they add new stuff it has been few and far between. The idea of a Riven it to keep your favorite weapons relevant something Destiny could never figure out (Im not bitter). The way I see it if you love the game you buy slots for your weapons and you pay a premium to have a Riven weapon slot. I think of this as an investment in the game that should pay for itself. The only argument that I can imagine them making is some sort of control to trade and sell economy. In that case they ought to id sellers and give them a limit, but folks keeping their weapons relevant should not suffer. Maybe a bump up for every legendary level is another idea.

Having said all that I am again at the point where it us so stressful to junk a riven in hopes of getting a riven for the weapon you have hoped for since day one, or one for a new gun that will really imrove how you navigate a favorite game mode.

Ok, that is enough for now. The end.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)jockhotty said:

The problem with that, is there are continually new weapons added to the game whereas wreckage now its easily possible to have the best of everything and if they add new stuff it has been few and far between. The idea of a Riven it to keep your favorite weapons relevant something Destiny could never figure out (Im not bitter). The way I see it if you love the game you buy slots for your weapons and you pay a premium to have a Riven weapon slot. I think of this as an investment in the game that should pay for itself. The only argument that I can imagine them making is some sort of control to trade and sell economy. In that case they ought to id sellers and give them a limit, but folks keeping their weapons relevant should not suffer. Maybe a bump up for every legendary level is another idea.

Having said all that I am again at the point where it us so stressful to junk a riven in hopes of getting a riven for the weapon you have hoped for since day one, or one for a new gun that will really imrove how you navigate a favorite game mode.

Ok, that is enough for now. The end.

That is a fair point. If the wreckage system was implemented kinda like how I mentioned it, then technically someone could gather 100 or so Veiled Pistol rivens, and whenever new Secondaries are made, unveil rivens from the start until they get one for it; The only real stopper to that would be the existing Riven slot limits, as far as that goes; Regarding a control for trade & economy.

• Legendary ranks further increasing the total riven slots is a useful idea though!  It'd definitely add to the reason for ranking up that much, for one thing.

The wreckage system would mostly be a way to prevent locking people out of stuff due to riven slot limits; The Tenno in that post I linked had at least 200 / 180 rivens at some point, partly due to the daily logins giving them more rivens without accompanying slots (Since 180 is the current max).

I do agree too, nobody should suffer (As a way of putting it) when it comes to rivens ideally; Having too many rivens at once (More than someone intended) is one way that can happen. I'm nowhere near the total limit on rivens yet, but being unintentionally locked out of Sorties doesn't sound great at all. For those who just want to keep rivens for numerous weapons they like in general (I've got some favorites too :) ), I'm not sure if the wreckage system would affect already-existing rivens much to be fair. Considering that all existing rivens already have assigned challenges or were unveiled.

Hopefully DE can figure out a solution with all of these things in mind.

On 2021-11-12 at 6:00 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

DS158.png

Tenno!

Devstream #158 is coming to your screens on Tuesday, November 30th at 10 a.m ET.

This Devstream occurs on a special date and time to bring you the debut cinematic trailer for The New War, including details on its release.

There’s no more to say - The New War is coming. We invite you to join us for this very special Devstream. 

There will be Drops - watch to earn yourself a Riven Mod from our Riven Mod Grab bag! Will you get a Shotgun, Pistol, Melee, or Rifle Riven? Let us know what you get! 

Imagine waking up and seeing that picture but irl in front of you

Archived