Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Malicious Code vs Out of Sight

(XBOX)HollowCube987

Question

The wiki page for both are pretty malnourished as of right now, so I wanted to ask for the opinion of the public..

Both are parazon mods that influence the battlefield after a mercy kill had been performed.

M.C has a 50% chance to make enemies within 15 meters of you squirm on the ground for 8 seconds, while O.o.S will always perform a radial blind (without the finisher windows) to enemies within 18 meters of you.

What do you guys think about the two mods? I use malicious code for the longer CC duration, but I want to hear the opinions of others

12 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

Neither. I'm set with the mod that gives you a chance to auto hack, the one that extends hacking time and the kne that gives you 15 seconds nnvisibility after a hack so i can have a stealth option on any frame.

We almost run the same mods, just I run the one that will unlock 5 containers within range. Very useful if trying to go for maximum looting missions.

Mercy kills outside of thralls and hounds just don't exist for most of the playerbase.  I've never seen one used, never done it on purpose, and the parazon mods for combat have pretty much no value in trade because no one wants them.  

I run Intruder, Untraceable and Auto Breach because none of the combat mods are of any use to me outside of lich hunts, and most of the other ones feel pointless as well.  I don't need any of those to hack, but they're the only ones where I actually can tell if I have them on or not.

If you were going to pick one of those two for some reason, I'd go with the mod that's actually guaranteed.  The blind might be 3 seconds shorter, but Malicious Code only has a 50% chance to work.  If you need the CC that bad, is it worth rolling the dice on if it's even going to do anything?

On 2021-11-14 at 12:32 PM, Butterfly85 said:

Neither. I'm set with the mod that gives you a chance to auto hack, the one that extends hacking time and the kne that gives you 15 seconds nnvisibility after a hack so i can have a stealth option on any frame.

The extended hacking duration isn't all that good, I generally run Blood for energy instead.

On 2021-11-15 at 2:08 AM, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

I run Intruder, Untraceable and Auto Breach because none of the combat mods are of any use to me outside of lich hunts, and most of the other ones feel pointless as well.

If you have ample ways of getting energy or health orbs (or need orb drops for specific builds that need orbs to trigger a mod), then pretty much these 3 mods. Personally I'd swap out Intruder for Runtime. The only time Parazon finishers are somewhat reliable--even after the update to them--is if you're a very weak/newbie player, or are doing Steel Path (though even then.)

Currently I'm using Auto Breach, Untraceable and Runtime.

1 hour ago, Butterfly85 said:

Useful for sortie stuff so I have more time to hack stuff 😊

It only works for the grid hack, and with the right strategy and practice(Sort the outside first) it can be repeatedly done in the default time limit. It can be a band-aid mod for newer players until they get used to solving them though.

Archived