Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara QOL

_Anise_

I don't understand why melee as ivara drains energy ? is it a relic of a nerf that still exists for some reason ? doing melee will have her out of energy and out of stealth in no time meanwhile guns were buffed to be as strong as melee and don't do the same making guns the only choice as ivara

#1 can we remove energy drain for her doing melee ?

secondly I think is possibly a bug but still could be fixed, on steel path newly spawned acolytes ignore stealth and always know where ivara is adn immediately make a beeline for her at least until stealth is toggled.

#2 can we fix it so acolytes don't see stealth warframes on spawn?

hace 8 minutos, _Anise_ dijo:

#1 can we remove energy drain for her doing melee ?

While I can't see why this could not happen, in the meantime I try to avoid wasting much energy by moving fast from target to target but jumping and rolling while Prowled, and pray the enemy will drop an energy orb haha, with the steal innate while prowl it makes it more bearable

hace 11 minutos, _Anise_ dijo:

This has been an issue from all bosses if I remember correctly. valve DE please fix

3 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I agree Melee shouldnt drain energy with Prowl active but i disagree with Acolytes not being able to detect invisible. I think there should be more enemies that can detect invisible players.

I think Ivara energy pool is only drained if you use alarming weapons if you use silent it doesnt happen

10 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I agree Melee shouldnt drain energy with Prowl active but i disagree with Acolytes not being able to detect invisible. I think there should be more enemies that can detect invisible players.

as it is now it is inconsistent. the moment they spawn they run directly for a stealth frame, but if that frame toggle invisibility off and back on they will just stand still letting it shoot them in the face without flinching until they die. at least that part needs to be consistent ?

a stealth frame like ivara's only defense IS stealth you take that away it is just mission fail ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ they already have enemies that can fully energy drain and others that can turn off abilities and nasty aoe effects, I personally think stealth plenty enough issues to deal with so we maybe have to agree to disagree on that one.

7 minutes ago, DrakeRyuujin said:

I think Ivara energy pool is only drained if you use alarming weapons if you use silent it doesnt happen

from what I have seen, if you use weapons that fire that are considered alarming you break stealth momentarily, silenced weapons can shoot fine from stealth, melee weapons were draining about 20 energy per enemy kill and I think all are considered silent since none break stealth that I found.

I'm all for removing the melee energy drain.

59 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

I like headshotting helpless Acolytes as much as the next Tenno--I do it a lot with Ivara!--but honestly I think it should go the other way.    Ideally not automatically seeing through or nullifying invisibility, but something to make it a little challenging.  It just feels too cheesy right now. 

And yeah, I know there are other ways to do it that are just as cheesy.

7 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Ideally not automatically seeing through or nullifying invisibility, but something to make it a little challenging

like them attacking in the direction the pain comes from so you have to keep moving if you shoot at them ?

Just now, _Anise_ said:

like them attacking in the direction the pain comes from so you have to keep moving if you shoot at them ?

Yeah, stuff like that.  They sometimes do move toward me, or their teleport thing if I get too far away.  But more often they just sit there like a sea sponge.

Not only on melee, she also loses energy for moving and being hit.

For moving, I don't mind too much. But I tried using Combat Discipline with Avenger to allow her Concentrated Arrow to crit reliably (crit mods don't work, only flat increases) so I could use her as a DPS in SP. As enemies started dying, they triggered Combat Discipline and on every 'hit' of the Aura, my Ivara would lose some energy. Killed just a few enemies and ran out of energy in no time because of that.

Isn't the slow + being a drain + cancel on bullet jump/sprinting enough of a drawback?

Why is a stealth frame punished with energy drain when hits are registered on them, anyway? If it was an actual enemy, Ivara would run out of health much sooner than she would run out of energy. This is pointless.

And I agree Acolytes should be more consistent/see through invis. Only two of them (I think?) have guns anyways, and it seem reasonably avoidable if we keep mobile.

7 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

their teleport thing

Wow I hate that pull/teleport they do. They will constantly get stuck in the enviroment and then proceed to drag you along lmao. Not to mention how aerial frames like Titania and Zephyr are forced to fight on the ground or be prepared to blink every 5 seconds.

18 hours ago, Venefik said:

Why is a stealth frame punished with energy drain when hits are registered on them, anyway? If it was an actual enemy, Ivara would run out of health much sooner than she would run out of energy. This is pointless.

I think it's to make Ivara mains hate shock procs more than anything else in this game.  And the arc traps that spit them out.

On the topic of QOL, can Prowl please not toggle off Sprint?

Like, sure, force Sprint to be temporarily deactivated so you don't immediately break Prowl when moving,
but automatically re-enable it when you exit Prowl, pretty please.

Always Sprint option when

Also, for those that don't use a unique keybind for Roll, but instead use Crouch (taps) to cancel slides into rolls,
it'd be very nice if Prowl similarly deactivated the ability to slide, so that you could roll that way.

On 2022-02-17 at 10:14 PM, _Anise_ said:

making guns the only choice as ivara

🤨What Melee Weapon are you Using ? 🤨

On 2022-02-17 at 10:14 PM, _Anise_ said:

secondly I think is possibly a bug but still could be fixed, on steel path newly spawned acolytes ignore stealth and always know where ivara is adn immediately make a beeline for her at least until stealth is toggled.

There was one time an Acolyte seemed like it couldn't find me... And that's when I was Cloaked by Untraceable instead of Prowl.... The Acolyte Kept Face Planting into Walls looking For Me for a Few Seconds....

On 2022-02-18 at 7:29 AM, Venefik said:

But I tried using Combat Discipline with Avenger to allow her Concentrated Arrow to crit reliably (crit mods don't work, only flat increases) so I could use her as a DPS in SP.

I have up on This Augment when I realised it had a Line Of Sight Limitations.... LoL... DE expects me to Sacrifice Precious Slots for This Non Sense... HA !!! Never....

On 2022-02-18 at 7:29 AM, Venefik said:

Isn't the slow + being a drain + cancel on bullet jump/sprinting enough of a drawback?

LoL... Why do you think I Subsumed over Prowl....

It's pretty obvious DE has some sort of Vendetta against Ivara so I just Removed it.... Im Rocking Ensnare in its place..

The only QOL I want for Ivara us Dashwire to get Some tweaks to make it more usable...

Especially for clients...

53 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

What Melee Weapon are you Using ?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/777168427059642422/944651452574478376/ivara.mp4

^ any traditional melee weapon will do this, In my opinion has to be intentional? It does not seem sustainable amount of drain from only spamming E to "melee" even on the high efficiency / energy build I have above, rough estimate using not even a fast weapon its about 15 energy a second to melee,

53 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

when I was Cloaked by Untraceable instead of Prowl.... The Acolyte Kept Face Planting into Walls

one time I was in operator the acolyte immediately charged at my cloaked ivara he shouldn't have been able to see, punting her past me in hilarious fashion which lead to me being dead in the blink of an eye.

On 2022-02-18 at 7:20 PM, sunderthefirmament said:

I think it's to make Ivara mains hate shock procs more than anything else in this game.  And the arc traps that spit them out.

You're thinking of the old shock procs. The shocks we get from arc traps don't drain energy as much like they used to.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Running Prowl at all or got a different build?

I don't camp in Prowl at all times, but I do use it a lot.  Shock procs are awful on any glass cannon frame, though.  They result in 6 seconds of your shields not coming back, which is a huge pain.  It usually means 6 seconds of operator/drifter.

Archived