Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Needs a Rework

(PSN)Vexx757

Warframe 20200714095335 by Aaronj-c

As we know Valkyr`s deluxe skin is coming soon, before that time she needs a rework, she is unfortunately not fun and she is someone that has claws. So here`s what I would do to make her fun to use.

1st ability REWORK: Valkyr pounces on enemies dealing damage with her claws, if not killed they will be opened up for a finisher.

·       The claws deal 700 true damage.

·       The claws have the combo multiplier (the more you use it, the less energy it takes, the more damage it does) which can stack up to 8x.

·       The range of the pounce is 15m.

·       You have to target an enemy to cast the ability.

·       Can be used in the air and on the move.

·       Holding the ability will launch you in the air up to 15m.

·       The pounce range and the high of the pounce jump can be increased by range mods.

·       If you target the wall and you press the aim glide button, she can hang onto the wall for 5 seconds (you don`t need to hold onto the button) and while she`s there she can pounce onto an enemy.

·       Enemies will be dismembered when killed.

·       If the enemy is not killed it will open them up for a finisher.

·       She has two new animations when preforming finishers;

Front - left claw stab, right claw stab then both claws put apart from enemy.

Back - jumps on enemies back and does 3 stabs in the neck. If you press the jump button after, she will vault of enemy.

·       These finisher animations will be fast.

·       Visually the claws temporarily appear when the ability is cast and preforming finishers.

·       (Synergy) 2nd ability can increase its cast speed by 30%.

·       (Synergy) 4th ability can increase its damage by 40%.

2nd ability:

·       Can be cast while on the move.

·       This will show a visible ring to show the radius of the ability.

3rd ability:

·       Shields will stun them and strip enemies defence by 20% while having no shields will do a small ragdoll receiving a damage output decrease by 30% and deal damage to them.

·        (Synergy) Activated while using the 4th ability will increase its damage.

4th ability:

·       Valkyr starts off with 100% damage reduction (replacing invulnerability) but it will start to decay overtime down to 30%, however she will gain mobility speed bonus. She can regain her DR back by killing enemies though it will decrease her mobility speed. If DR reaches to 30%, Valkyr will gain 70% mobility speed.

·       Remove increased energy drain over time.

·       Give her a new stance where it`s only her claws are being used.

·       Remove energy colour affecting vision colour.

·       She has a new charge attack animation where Valkyr has her arm out in a V shape and then both claws slashing the enemy in front of her causing a knockdown and a slash proc.

·       (Synergy) Using the 1st ability will cost half the energy.

Fix: Energy claws are not visible in animation on Valkyr prime (as you can see in the pic).

On 2022-03-01 at 8:50 AM, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

1st ability REWORK: Valkyr pounces on enemies dealing damage with her claws, if not killed they will be opened up for a finisher.

·       The claws deal 700 true damage.

·       The claws have the combo multiplier (the more you use it, the less energy it takes, the more damage it does) which can stack up to 8x.

While I love this new ability rework as I've has the same type of thought as well, the one thing that caught me was the combo multiplier up to 8x, in which I feel is a bit much, considering she would be moving around a lot, so I dont see this to be more of a mobility tool than damage

I would personally give her a radial knockdown effect every other time she uses the ability. 

I personally grew with everything else in this rework/ revisit,  as I really like Valkyr, but not the state she's currently in. I really feel she can be much better and this concept helps.

11 minutes ago, (PSN)IAMPRO_16 said:

Wait, just to ask, do you mean it literally to not change her 1st? 

improving it? ok.

completely overhaul/rework/replace it...no thank you.

what he's suggesting is actually good...it's very good, no it's TOO good.

700 true damage? that can be multiplied by 8? AND opening enemies to finishers? overkill much?

it's just the usual for Vex, in these reworks of his he usually adds over the top unneeded changes without thought about balance or if it'll actually fit the game. with the excuse that it'll be "fun to use"...this reason is exactly why he's still ignoring me after four years on the forums 🤷‍♂️

but back to the main ability, Ripline is fine as it is, it supports and boosts bullet jumps and it's kind of fun, i wanted to be a helminth ability so bad, just because of how cool it is.

it doesn't have to be the most OP ohmygod obliterating one shot 90% damage reduction monster. it's just ripline, and i'm all for it. 

'heeeeee.

Please no, don't change 1, or I mean, don't make it into anything that is not a grappling.

That's one of the best part of her kit fun-wise.

Buff the damages or add a mechanic or something, but don't take away the entire point of the ability.

On 2022-03-05 at 10:22 AM, (PSN)IAMPRO_16 said:

While I love this new ability rework as I've has the same type of thought as well, the one thing that caught me was the combo multiplier up to 8x, in which I feel is a bit much, considering she would be moving around a lot, so I don't see this to be more of a mobility tool than damage

I would personally give her a radial knockdown effect every other time she uses the ability. 

I personally grew with everything else in this rework/ revisit,  as I really like Valkyr, but not the state she's currently in. I really feel she can be much better and this concept helps.

Let me explain, this goes back to a post I put up. I talked about warframe abilities should not have to rely on melee mods just to function, I mentioned instead make those abilities have the combo multi that can go beyond x4

Warframe abilities like:

• Excal`s 1
  • Ash`s 1
  • Khora`s 1
  • Oberon`s 1
  • Gara`s 1

It goes up to x8 but it has a 5sec duration until it resets it also has the energy reduction in it and the finisher part is only if the enemy is not killed by the first strike (in high level missions), It`s not op when you have to build it up by using it plus it`s deals with targets one at a time and not in an aoe just think of it like Ash`s teleport. Also, I know their are ppl that like how ripline works if ppl have read it properly they will know the only change is that Valkyr jumps to enemies instead of her pulling enemies to her other than that it still works the same.

It also has synergy while using your 4th using her 1 will get her to the enemy faster to kill them off.

And like you said if you don't want to use the pounce, you can still just use it for mobility but to me having her pouncing on enemies makes sense, while ripline can be fun it is also useless but with my changes at least it has some sort of use. It`s good in low lvls coz enemies will die from it and its good in high lvls coz you can open them up to finishers.

*After using Rip-line on the wall keeps Valkyr on the wall indefinitely.

*Rip-line can trap up to 5 enemies/bosses/drones/objects etc or reach enemies.

*And make Ripline faster/friendly/simple for gameplay like this:

On 2022-03-01 at 6:50 AM, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

3rd ability:

·       Shields will stun them and strip enemies defence by 20% while having no shields will do a small ragdoll receiving a damage output decrease by 30% and deal damage to them.

·        (Synergy) Activated while using the 4th ability will increase its damage.

Paralysis used to behave like a 360° Banshee Sonic Boom; hence the ability listed knock back.

Enemies have been made immune the knock back over time and I don't know if DE will re-add ragdoll back in to the ability.

I think Paralysis should hits should count towards melee multiplier rather to have better synergy with Hysteria or regular Melee without having to alter the current ability all that much.

Side-rant:

Hysteria current state is what does not mesh with Valkyr's outdated kit. (Rip-line is one of the ways to consistently perform a melee animation-lock wall-attack.)

-Hysteria with knockdown immunity negates quick-recovery Passive.

-Hysteria invulnerability negates her high armor and WarCry's armor buff

-Hysteria charge attack/heavy attack opens enemies up for finisher and retains mobility while charging versus Non-augmented Paralysis finisher priming.

-Hysteria with Augment to pounce on distant enemy is a better enemy-close mobility than Rip-line

The changes listed in Opening Post would still have 1st ability and Hysteria Augment overlapping one-another.

Hysteria Finisher, 1st ability allowing finisher, would overlap Paralysis finisher setup.

Hysteria knodwon immunity would still negate Quick-recovery (Handspring) passive.

22 hours ago, (PSN)MrNishi said:

Paralysis used to behave like a 360° Banshee Sonic Boom; hence the ability listed knock back.

Enemies have been made immune the knock back over time and I don't know if DE will re-add ragdoll back in to the ability.

Paralysis has never worked that way, it has always been a 4sec stun that opens enemies up for finishers.

I think Paralysis should hits should count towards melee multiplier rather to have better synergy with Hysteria or regular Melee without having to alter the current ability all that much.

This sounds interesting can you explain more?

-Hysteria with knockdown immunity negates quick-recovery Passive.

-Hysteria invulnerability negates her high armor and WarCry's armor buff

Yes that`s why I removed it.

-Hysteria charge attack/heavy attack opens enemies up for finisher and retains mobility while charging versus Non-augmented Paralysis finisher priming.

I don`t think this is true but I'll try it to confirm it.

-Hysteria with Augment to pounce on distant enemy is a better enemy-close mobility than Rip-line

Yes rip-line was good back in the day coz the mobility was limited but with the changes to it it`s not that useful, but I included the mobility part to my idea of her one coz it can be fun at times. With my ideas of a pounce for her 1 the augment don`t need to exist anymore, plus if I'm not mistaken the augment doesn`t even do any damage and the animation is a rip of Ash`s 3 which I don`t like.

Hysteria Finisher, 1st ability allowing finisher, would overlap Paralysis finisher setup.

Just a reminder the finisher on her 1 will only happen if the enemy doesn`t die from the first strike plus you can choose between finisher on one enemy or multiple enemies.

Yes, although there are better alternatives, this is still better then ripline, as ripline was designed for and during a time where bullet jumping, rolling in mid air, aswell as 90% of the parkour we have... didn't exist.

2nd ability:

·       Can be cast while on the move.

·       This will show a visible ring to show the radius of the ability.

Also Yes. Warcry is an incredibly balanced ability, and IMO valkyr's true "ultimate ability". Her current 4th is laughably weak, and not because it has bad damage, because it has horribly aweful stance combos. Even with primed reach, i barley hit things directly infront of me without the slide attack.

3rd ability:

No, i find ragdoll in warframe is incredibly annoying, Besides, you could just *VOID DASH* Straight into orbit they go.

4th ability:

·       Valkyr starts off with 100% damage reduction (replacing invulnerability) but it will start to decay overtime down to 30%, however she will gain mobility speed bonus. She can regain her DR back by killing enemies though it will decrease her mobility speed. If DR reaches to 30%, Valkyr will gain 70% mobility speed.

no thanks

Give her a new stance where it`s only her claws are being used.

Just give it a new stance in general, or allow it to use the other claw stances like four riders, or malicious raptor.

On 2022-03-17 at 1:40 PM, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

Paralysis has never worked that way, it has always been a 4sec stun that opens enemies up for finishers.

*Had me digging through my old uploads

https://youtu.be/SU4RN5xv6P0

Above link you can see it ragdoll the body towards the wall.

Can also see when Nullifier Shields meant nothing to Valkyr Paralysis:

https://youtu.be/rcW4q77NTo0

https://youtu.be/NdcE9mfs1H8

(I used to complain every time an update ruined Paralysis before giving up on Valkyr)*

Yes regular Paralysis would ragdoll enemies on kill...meaning that Paralysis cast killing enemy would ragdoll them away.

https://youtu.be/cHi6Li-mgu0

(Killing Ragdoll at 2min 7sec) (Regular Paralysis stun but not finisher prompt Capture Target at 2min 37 sec)

(Prolonged Paralysis had no affect on Capture Targets at 2min 10 sec)

~If cast did not kill then it would Finisher stun-prompt eligible enemies

https://youtu.be/8D3Pjv2tDqo

Prolonged Paralysis first debuted as lengthier standing finisher stun AOE pull(gather)that made it easier to perform headshots.

~Led to fall-through the map finisher suicide

https://youtu.be/0IL3RyTjoJk

Then was changed to knockdown ground-finisher AOE pull(gather).

https://youtu.be/35DMzzboF0E

On 2022-03-16 at 3:03 PM, (PSN)MrNishi said:

This sounds interesting can you explain more?

Since Valkyr is trading Shields for damage in a short-range and Paralysis single cast can only hit an enemy 1 time.

That damage instance per enemy hit could be added to melee combo multiplier.

Hit a group of 15 enemies and that adds 15 to hit counter...spam cast 3 Paralysis casts on same group and that would be 45 added to melee combo count. (Nothing overpowered but more fitting for melee gameplay especially with Paralysis still allowing for through environment damage.)

On 2022-03-16 at 3:03 PM, (PSN)MrNishi said:

In-game Abilities preview for Valkyr Paralysis is the below clip:

Videos depicts Paralysis acting as a Knockback (Push/ragdoll) similar to Banshee Sonic Boom.

You say it never worked that way, but I clearly remember ragdolling enemies that were not protected by an Ancient Healer Aura.

I would like Valkyr Paralysis returned to what it was or even a Helminth ability utilizing the Knockback shown in the ability preview for Valkyr Paralysis.

(I believe the Helminth system is a great "Gateway" to reintroduce abilities that have been altered or removed from the Game even Super Jump could make a combe back.)*

• 6 months later...
46 minutes ago, Phantasm100 said:

oh my god why does anyone like this ability

I have no idea. It's a relic from an era before our current mobility and should not be apart of her kit any longer when she is supposed to be the agile Warframe. It needs to be reworked or something because it just does not fit how we move anymore. 

@Phantasm100 @(PSN)FunyFlyBoy

I understand that it`s fun but it`s not useful trust me I can make this ability good, I have done it and ppl liked it but I would rather her have a pounce and it makes sense for her to have this, it fits in her being agile.

But what that fool don`t understand is that if it read it, it would know that the ability still somewhat functions like ripline, you can leap in the air like ripline pulling you to a surface and instead of enemies being pulled to you, you pounce on the enemy. It`s like Garuda`s 1 but better.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

But what that fool don`t understand is that if it read it, it would know that the ability still somewhat functions like ripline, you can leap in the air like ripline pulling you to a surface and instead of enemies being pulled to you, you pounce on the enemy. It`s like Garuda`s 1 but better.

It would just be her Hysteria Augment but on her one, is how I read it. Still better, but she already has this for her Hysteria.

latest (246×359) (nocookie.net)

On 2022-10-14 at 4:17 PM, (PSN)FunyFlyBoy said:

It would just be her Hysteria Augment but on her one, is how I read it. Still better, but she already has this for her Hysteria.

latest (246×359) (nocookie.net)

The reason why I don`t like the augment is coz the animation is a rip from Ash`s teleport where he`s doing a flip-kick, to me that`s just lazy to add that animation and not make a new one for it. To me it makes sense for her to have a pounce ability and as you read, it would be useful which means obviously she would need a new augment.

Archived