Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You have totally ruined stealth multiplier runs with the Eximus rework!

iHeuksal

You made it, DE.

Throughout the most annoying addition to this game are the un-CC-able Eximus units. There is no way to bypass them (except you are a stealth frame) and maintain the 500% multiplicator.

Usually, I am running my specific mission with unranked frames, getting to rank 27-30. This is not the case anymore. I am just barely hitting rank 16 with this nonsense tweaking!

Either remove those unit types on unalarmed states during a mission or make them CC-able!

This is just annoying.

I don't want to switch to ESO or such to gain my EXP the most efficient way - which sadly was already the most annoying, already overcrowded with leechers - Sanctuary mode.

It wasn't enough shifting the meta to AoE weapons further (most of the frames are having troubles now with high level eximus), but making the entire stuff worse this way just shows, that someone or some people in your quarters are not really planning ahead. Let alone, and once again, not thinking about Nekros and Co. being able to re-loot from the Void Angels just shows, how little you guys plan ahead.

Once I was in a Steel Path mission using IVARA who used to easily avoid attentions or being directly attacked by enemies, then Angst, one of the Acolytes showed up and all the enemies began to fire at her, so did the Eximus units. And guess who's the one the Eximus's abilities were targeting at? ME.

Seems like the level of the new Eximus AI is way lower than we expected.

Stealth is still cheesy as hell. I usually run some stealth missions to farm Symaris standing and collect some focus at the same time. 

Your first option is to pick a lower lvl mission where whatever you use to stab them actually works.

The other option is to (ab)use the spawning system. That enemy/eximus got alerted because you killed something too close or failed to stab him? No issue at all, your stealth multiplier keeps going, just move on an kill something else. The game will kindly respawn that Eximus later into your path, unalerted and with a good chunk of his overguard missing.

I disagree with this.

Stealth is still valuable and effective against eximus units. The stealth affinity farming you're talking about is not the same as "DE has killed stealth" that you titled this thread.

With regard to the less effective farming that is done with stealth-skills, this isn't the first time farming methods have gotten axed. It has happened numerous times in the past and it will happen numerous times in the future. Just move on to the other methods of farming affinity. 

Get a Loki (subsume Rest/Rage) or Ivara. When the Eximus spawns stealth-takedown it first, find enemies close yet out of it's LoS and take them out (space out the kills if needed), return to the Eximus when it's back to unalerted. Depending on the weapon's damage and the mods equip (maybe which enemy due to different hp values) it's possible to kill it in 2 takedowns.

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

I disagree with this.

Stealth is still valuable and effective against eximus units. The stealth affinity farming you're talking about is not the same as "DE has killed stealth" that you titled this thread.

With regard to the less effective farming that is done with stealth-skills, this isn't the first time farming methods have gotten axed. It has happened numerous times in the past and it will happen numerous times in the future. Just move on to the other methods of farming affinity. 

I second this - the enemies are tougher, yes, but can still be taken down in stealth. DE have raised the bar of difficulty, but at the same time the amount of affinity the eximus give is substantially higher. 

8 hours ago, Leqesai said:

I disagree with this.

I didnt title this - copy/pasta from reddit, but I share their opinion. I've been around for several changes to the game that I didn't like and haven't said a word (Rest In Peace, Tipedo helicopter) including changes to stealth damage multipliers. This, however, is one of the most punishing that I've seen. I was excited that we finally had a way to escape from mindlessly spamming Hydron, though it required some amount of intelligent modding and subsuming specific abilities. Everyone that dumped time into that has had it wasted - and while I understand that the game is constantly changing and (mostly) improving, this particular change doesn't provide NEW, ENGAGING ways to farm affinity. It just forces us back into the mind-numbingly boring defense spam we did for YEARS.

I've seen some great suggestions from other players on that reddit thread, including the suggestion to make overguard activate when the unit is alerted, or make them vulnerable to CC until alerted (but keep the increased health pool from overguard). Some claim this is already how toxic overguard works, though I haven't confirmed that myself ingame. I'm not asking them to undo the eximus changes, as I think an increased challenge is a great thing for the game. I simply want them to provide a reliable method of maintaining stealth affinity increase despite this increased challenge. Make it harder to clear the map, sure, but dont make it impossible to maintain affinity bonus.

• 2 weeks later...

Regardless of peoples predictable ''Just dont do it now lol'' emptyheaded comments on peoples gameplay that effects their own unentirely, being able to play this way is a matter of player choice and Eximus units should be CCable when unalerted or at least finishable, In my experience an eximus doesnt have to be a very high level before they have too much overguard to be killed by a finisher with anything less than a pure finisher built melee weapon, and thats real sucky, Kinda just dropped these tom clancys division level bullet sponges in the game

On 2022-05-10 at 4:16 PM, (NSW)Filgaia said:

I mean, this isn't a stealth game. It's great to do when you can, especially as a gunner with silenced weapons, but when an eximus comes you just gotta deal with it

But while you can quickly gain experience points through stealth kills,overgurad makes it impossible to keep  500% multiplicator,we lost a very interesting gameplay

Archived