The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I get Lavos or Titania.

Just now, Riger82 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

To do it though you need sickening pulse subsumed on your 2, the ophidian bite augment, natural talent, and an epitaph with viral to make up the loss in cold and I think you also need at least 72% duration at the absolute minimum, can't confirm my times with the wiki though so you might be able to get away with less. You also need at the fastest I believe around 145% efficiency, but again no wiki to confirm any of this because this is stupid as hell.

Hold 1+3, 3, Hold 3+4, 1, 2, fire epitaph shot, hold 4, 1, hold 1+4, 3, hold 1+4, 4, delay, 2

Step by step explained is

Holding 1+3 gives your transmutation probe corrosive, giving you 2 elements for catalyze,

Holding 3+4 gives your ophidian bite radiation, adding to 4 elements for catalyze. If you're running radiation on your epitaph you can remove this step. But I wouldn't recommend that as it hasn't been very consistent for me.

Hitting 2 after just refreshes your status durations so they don't run out, and also maxes out your corrosive and radiation stacks which is pretty nice.

Fire an epitaph shot as fast as possible during the downtime of your 2 so you don't have to awkwardly try and shoot it midway through a combo. This epitaph shot can be left out in lower level things easily, and by lower level I mean like everything below 200 in steel path this is complete overkill. That said doing this brings your elements to 7

Then repeat this process but with 2 different elements

Holding 4 gives your ophidian bite heat, bringing you to 5/8 elements. 

Holding 1+4 gives your probe gas, bringing you up to 6/9 elements

Holding 1+4 gives your catalyze gas for AOE after catalyze ends.

Then delay hitting your 2 until your 4's duration hits around 0.5 seconds, at this point catalyze will have hit the majority of what it'll hit, and you can use sickening pulse safely without it missing things that catalyze hit after it was activated. 

The damage of this is completely nuts which is great because it's decently hard.

So on the catalyze that doesn't utilize the epitaph and with base strength, you get around 256,000 damage on the initial hit, and then end up with gas procs that hit for 1,280,000 damage per hit, with the targets of this effect also having 90% of their armor stripped from the combined maxed out corrosive procs + the heat procs.

Not bad but it can be better, keep in mind that the condition overload scaling on Lavos' 4 is exponential, which leads to the ridiculous damage that it does with a primer.

Assuming you do this exact same thing but instead use your epitaph just once, you will be looking at atleast 4,096,000 damage and that's if you only hit one viral proc, with this damage with max viral procs being 8,704,000 damage on the initial hit. Combined with gas procs this damage is equal to 20,480,000 damage per gas tick at one proc, and 43,520,000 damage per gas proc hit at max viral stacks. Keep in mind that this is gas we're talking about too, the element that has a 6m AOE at max stacks, and that you also have 90% armor strip from corrosive and heat. 

Too much nerding out gonna go cry now

This is from like 5 months ago, and it's kinda outdated now. But Lavos is capable of extremely high damage numbers especially when using gas as his element with sickening pulse.

With just a kuva nukor and a raw status proc build you can break 1 million with Lavos's 4, on top of crazy 100k-200k procs.

Kuva nukor for priming is gross, just use an epitaph lol

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

That is true, but Titania also has her augument that gives energy so it's not like titania needs the energy either, so not really that much of an improvement over Titania in this scenario especially considering that lavos also  requires an augument for minimum cooldown time.

I don't think I ever touched the Lavos augment. But believe me, no energy required is just an amazing comfort zone. The cooldowns really aren't an issue, and the 3 is there to mitigate them once you get used to when/where to use it. And you get to just ignore the concept of energy entirely. No Flow, no Hunter's Adrenaline, no Efficiency, no Arcane Energize, no Arcane Nullifier, no Zenurik, no pizzas, and lol at energy leeches or low energy sorties.

I wouldn't put him ahead of Titania for a new player, since Razorwing in itself is awesome, and there's a lot more to do with the pixie frame, but Lavos is a very cool tank frame with plenty of elemental toys, one of them making beeeg numbers through walls.

Lavos seems like a good concept, he just never caught on with my playstyle. His 2 is a straight-dash ability, and I'd prefer more movement control. The rest of his abilities seem interesting, but there's a lot of prep time. Mixing elements is interesting, but I wish they applied to his weapons, not just abilities.

Titania has a lot of speed and mobility control while in archwing mode, and you're obviously not limited to just ground movement. Her pistols are strong as well, which suits my preference to using guns over abilities. Not that she doesn't have other good abilities, Lantern is still useful for defending or just drawing gunfire away from yourself. Her 2 is pretty lackluster, though, so I just subsume Dispensary over it for more energy maintenance.

If I don't want to deal with energy, I just play Hildryn instead... who comes with abilities that are definitely in line with how I like to play, like stripping defenses. The main downside is it's a lot of work to get to the point you can farm her...

Titania pros and cons:

+ Decent CC with Lantern

+ Razorwing is an excellent form of DPS: Dex Pixia and Diwata exalted weapons' are both very strong, and she becomes hard to hit

+ you can also take advantage of Aviator and other mods that reduce damage while Airborne (there's also an Aura mod that does this, can't remember name). I use both and between how hard she is to hit and those mods Titania can survive pretty well for what would be an otherwise squishy frame.

+ Spy becomes a little easier to do stealthily as getting into vents is less of a bind.

- squishy outside of Razorwing

- buffs are kinda meh: Thorns is worthwhile, the rest not so much.

- you have to scan plants for her, unless you get her prime.

Lavos pros and cons

+ you have literally every element at your disposal, and you can take a good physical weapon and subsume Xata's Whisper to have literally every damage type in the game (except Tau, but that would be Caliban's thing if anything). if you know what your enemies are weak to, you can exploit this to your advantage.

+ no worries about energy, makes him a brilliant railjack pilot.

+ excellent survivability thanks to his 1 and a very large Health Pool, while still having shields and shield gating.

- takes time to set up the proper elements for each power.

- cooldowns can seem like forever, even with his 3. 

- dude has zero skins save for one coming in the next update, his fashionframe game is weak AF. 

overall, both frames can be used effectively, but it's arguably much easier and more effective for most modes to just run a Razorwing Titania build and clear rooms with her 4.

1 hour ago, Surbusken said:

Unless you want to sit around and wait for 15 seconds to cast abilities 👉👌

Transmutation Probe? Swift Bite?

That aside, both frames are great, and Lavos is far more than just "a Railjack pilot". Use the right elements for the job, and watch as entire rooms and more melt away.

4 hours ago, gamingchair1121 said:

titania

+1

meta in speed and hard target to hit, Lavos is just AoE and Radius DMG dealer but also a tank but which one you prefer to be annoyed by timer you have to wait ur abilities or spamable abilities but uses energy but you can make it cheap making 175% efficent and make super giant tank energy?

I go with titania no matter what then Lavos for he is good but not that good then titania.

28 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Update: I farmed 60p and bought a Titania Prime set, she should be done in 3 days.

Why not just get both? You can farm the rep for Lavos in a day even with a low mastery rank as long as you've unlocked Deimos.

3 minutes ago, Riger82 said:

Why not just get both? You can farm the rep for Lavos in a day even with a low mastery rank as long as you've unlocked Deimos.

I will get both, I was asking on which to focus on first. I play 3 live service games (Warframe, Genshin, and now I just started FFXIV.) So I don't always have the time to play them all.

I'd say it depends what sort of content you plan on doing until you get both. 

Titania is great for speed capture runs, Exterminate, and has carved out a niche with Void Flood, and is also incredible for Plague Star and Lephantis. Also handy for speed running Relic Cracking Capture/Exterminate, and/or getting certain Relics really fast, if you do Capture in the Void. 

Lavos, I personally find really underrated. I use them a lot in solo Steel Path missions, he is extremely tanky, with higher average health and armour. Not as much as say Inaros, but he has shields, and a lot of his powers CC. Also the passive is strong/makes you even tankier. Also you can be lazy, since you have access to every element, you don't really have to build for different factions. Also if you do a lot of Steel Path, the enemy density is higher, which helps your CD. I have like negative efficiency build, -40, and I almost always have access to at least 2 powers. Only time, it can be a wait, is if I make a mistake with the 3 or 1 and don't hit enemies with them. Nullifier Bubbles? Leech Eximus? Doesn't matter. Use Viral/Heat combinations against Infested, and they melt, pure Toxin against Corpus and they melt, Heat/Corrosive against Grineer and, takes a bit longer, but its pretty effective. As far as basic builds, once you start to practice, and learn how powerful the 4 is, when hitting enemies with a lot of status, you can do a lot of potent damage. 

Sortie modifiers/NM mission modifiers around Energy Drain/Energy Reduction, doesn't matter to Lavos. Bonus benefit? All the NW challenges where you have to kill 150 enemies with an element? Super easy as Lavos. 

Ironically a lot of people are recommending him for Railjack. Its one of the places I wouldn't use them. If you use any other Warframe, just throw down some Energy Pizzas, you can spam your powers at your hearts content. Granted, such a tactic may depend on your boredom levels prior to creating 900+ Energy Pizzas, but I am too use to being able to spam RJ abilities so.

Oh also worth considering, how active/passive you want to be. Lavos requires using your abilities a lot, but also mixing them, basically you are going to end up pressing and holding a lot of buttons. Assuming you play with a controller. Not sure what Lavos is like on PC, Mouse and Keyboard. Titania is usually more 4 and then shooting. 

I personally like both, but my Lavos playtime is higher. I just find him really good for a lot of Steel Path content against all factions. I'd often switch between Titania and Gauss for fast Relic cracking, but preferred Gauss more overall for that. Mostly run Titania for Sortie/Steel Path Incursion Lephantis now. Still great though, especially, if again, you want to do a bunch of fast Capture for Relics, Void Traces, Cracking, certain Resources.

Titania is nice and she used to be my go to frame for pretty much everything. She is certainly capable of dishing out a stupid amount of damage with her tiny guns in razorwing mode and her CC isn't entirely crap either. The murders the index easily and can be modded for all sorts of shenanigans. She's also the fastest frame in the game as far as i know, outside of teleports. 

I still miss the old archwing flight system on her though as it had momentum so it was easier to control when you had massive speed buffs going and didn't need to go full speed. Suppose that's why I'm one of those few that don't mind Yareli these days. 

On 6/6/2022 at 11:07 PM, Duavey said:

Titania is all about maintaining her 4.

Well, in fact, people tend to love this ability too much, which is why he fails. Razorwing is good when you go on quick missions. But when you're on the defensive, you start thinking about more fundamental things like, "how can spellbind instantly recharge my ogris and give me some shields?". And most importantly, Titania can be used in its normal form, and at the same time have a powerful razorwing form. And that's when you reach this build, then you will discover the real Titania. 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Second update: I have titania prime and she's pretty cool. I decided to start farming lavos and now all I need is some cryotic and the standing reset (to buy the blueprint for one of the refined minerals.) So that's cool. Ty for the help.

Nice one, good luck with the Cryotic too! 

5 minutes ago, darkshadowslaymaster said:

abusing cover penetration lol

Even if it's a nerf, it doesn't matter. I have a lot of rockets that I shoot almost without reloading with large fire fields. Just the right weapon in the right place. 

5 minutes ago, darkshadowslaymaster said:

That’s always an option, but that’s never why I pick her.

Well, you're not. But maybe someone will convert to my faith of shapeshifting. 

Archived