Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So will universal medallions ever become universal?

Jivy

It still baffles me why you cannot use the universal medallion to gain conclave standing, its not even that bad for it to for 3 main reasons

1. they only drop from disruption missions

2. they only give 1k rep

3. they are a 5% drop chance (I think)

I don't understand why they cant be used for the conclave, its not really "universal" if it doesn't work for everything.

One can give an excuse of it being universal PvE medallion and really, what reason you can give to justify getting PvP rewards from grinding PvE? I understand there's a community around conclave and it would make sense to get things from PvP by doing PvP. Claiming PvP is dead doesn't make it acceptable 

Just now, TheArmchairThinker said:

One can give an excuse of it being universal PvE medallion and really, what reason you can give to justify getting PvP rewards from grinding PvE? I understand there's a community around conclave and it would make sense to get things from PvP by doing PvP. Claiming PvP is dead doesn't make it acceptable 

then rename the medallion to PVE medallion or something

Perfectly agree and since they have a Lunaro ball design they should drop in Zariman too...

I think it should be better if they can drop from side part of game IE

• Lunaro rewards
  • Any PvP rewards
  • K-Drive's rewards for weekly leaderboard
  • Zariman's quests/bouties special rewards

56 minutes ago, Jivy said:

Yeah but that is like really old

We all feel the same way but conclave is a very special place in warframe.... 

Even though conclave is a dreadful pvp experience for the majority, it still has a few players that feel special in there and want to make sure no one else can get access to their 'status symbols'. 

5 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Even though conclave is a dreadful pvp experience for the majority, it still has a few players that feel special in there and want to make sure no one else can get access to their 'status symbols'. 

that's pretty bad, its become really toxic because of that

2 hours ago, Jivy said:

It still baffles me why you cannot use the universal medallion to gain conclave standing, its not even that bad for it to for 3 main reasons

1. they only drop from disruption missions

2. they only give 1k rep

3. they are a 5% drop chance (I think)

I don't understand why they cant be used for the conclave, its not really "universal" if it doesn't work for everything.

you must've missed the drama when they first came out they WERE universal, but then a Conclave player (which I might add after the community inspected his profile wasn't even playing conclave that long or was actually good at it)  got REALLY and I mean REALLY vocal on twitter and Steve saw his tweet and went: OK done no more universal medallion for conclave.
so yeah I'm not gonna post any links or anything (it's really easy to find tho) but thank that guy for it.

1 hour ago, Jivy said:
1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

Speak for yourself, will you? This behaviour of vilifying a part of the playerbase and scapegoating a person even years after the fact is what is really toxic here.

People that were actively playing Conclave back then had a wide variety of opinions (in favour and against), too. But of course it's easier and more convenient to just invent things that align with your personal opinion.

25 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

you must've missed the drama when they first came out they WERE universal, but then a Conclave player (which I might add after the community inspected his profile wasn't even playing conclave that long or was actually good at it)  got REALLY and I mean REALLY vocal on twitter and Steve saw his tweet and went: OK done no more universal medallion for conclave.
so yeah I'm not gonna post any links or anything (it's really easy to find tho) but thank that guy for it.

They were never universal in the game. The devs went back on an announcement before UM were released. Don't reinvent the past.

And if not for the following S#&$ storm, who knows, maybe they might've actually gone ahead with what the much-maligned twitter guy proposed in his response, or something along the lines.

But no one ever remembers that, either. 🙄

One thing should be clear however: It ultimately was the devs' decision. So you can stop your witch hunt against that dude in particular and other people in a wider sense and start focusing on more constructive feedback.

Here is the response, by the way:

Spoiler

QpVUacK.png

38 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Speak for yourself, will you? This behaviour of vilifying a part of the playerbase and scapegoating a person even years after the fact is what is really toxic here.

People that were actively playing Conclave back then had a wide variety of opinions (in favour and against), too. But of course it's easier and more convenient to just invent things that align with your personal opinion.

Whether you like it or not the fact is that until a conclave player(s) started complaining on twitter the original plan by the devs was for the UNIVERSAL medallions to work on ALL syndicates... not to mention the name being UNIVERSAL....

The dev decision to change it came about AFTER the twitter comments..... whether you like it or not it's an entirely fair viewpoint to see those twitter posts as part of or even the primary reason for DE changing their minds.

3 hours ago, LSG501 said:

3 hours ago, Jivy said:

There is some of this among certain players, true. However, it's generally among the "grind mindset" players who "grinded" conclave for the items and want others to "suffer" like they did to get the same items. Even "that one twitter user" referenced above was totally unknown to the regular conclave community. In fact, you may be surprised to hear, 99% of the actual conclave community (i.e.: people who play conclave for fun, not for items) is and was in favor of universal medallions. Take from this what you will.

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

Whether you like it or not the fact is that until a conclave player(s) started complaining on twitter the original plan by the devs was for the UNIVERSAL medallions to work on ALL syndicates... not to mention the name being UNIVERSAL....

The dev decision to change it came about AFTER the twitter comments..... whether you like it or not it's an entirely fair viewpoint to see those twitter posts as part of or even the primary reason for DE changing their minds.

The fact is also that DE chose to make that change. Nobody forced them to. Indeed, given relative playerbases and the controversy within the Conclave community itself - so talking a fraction-of-a-fraction of the overall playerbase - there was likely more support for universal medallions to apply to Conclave than not. Yet they chose the "not".

The Conclave player complaints didn't magically mind control DE. But they do make good scapegoats for a developer's decision, don't they?

there is nothing to really argue about, either change the name of the medallion or make the conclave be something that is separate from a syndicate but retaining the rewards and the same grind

30 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

When you're being toxic over universal medallion not applying to conclave and calling PvP players toxic, I find it ironic. You already have some conclave mods available through nightwave, what else you want but refuse to so PvP?

who's being toxic?

16 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Whether you like it or not the fact is that until a conclave player(s) started complaining on twitter the original plan by the devs was for the UNIVERSAL medallions to work on ALL syndicates...

Their original plan also included adding more and bigger medallions depending of how the current ones affected the in game economy, but let's conveniently omit that part because bringing it up would go against the most waved arguments in favor of this idea, also pointed in the OP (Let's also keep in mind that DE can sometimes take whole years to revisit older content. Hell, even teased content can take entire years to release)

FWIW, i'm not against allowing syndicate medallions to conclave, but i think it's really hypocrite to talk about "DE's original plans" to make a point without bringing up said plans as a whole.

20 hours ago, Jivy said:

16 hours ago, LSG501 said:

not to mention the name being UNIVERSAL....

The rest is just arguing semantics.

1 hour ago, Jivy said:

who's being toxic?

Not you, but you can find some answers that fit Thinker's description:

19 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Like the one just quoted which assumes that pvp players only want to feel special. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lot of projection behind such assumption. 

Well, given the fact, how long it would take to grind out a significant amount of Conclave standing with Universal medallions alone, not to mention the additional standing needed to actually buy one item, this whole thing is just ridiculous imo. Also considering the fact, that DE constantly reduces resource requirements to cater newer players everywhere in the game (Anyone remember the old build requirements for PoE arcanes?). Sorry, dear almighty Conclave crowd, but if there's one "toxic" person here, than it's the one "special snowflake", who abused his public position to bolster his ego and shaft the rest of the playerbase, just saying. And then there's of course DE, who catered and bent their knee to the  "vocal minority", a totally different kind of "failure"...

Archived