Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why nidus is truly immortal.

(XBOX)Lord ChibiVR

Nidus can hold up to 100 stacks, that means he can die 6 times in a row before truly dying.

Now to build up stacks, you obviously can't let the enemies kill you as that eats up the stacks, so you have 3 universal options regardless of level: (1) use invulnerability frames {protective dash lol}, (2) use cloak arrow to become invisible while you use Virulence and Larva, and option (3) you use cc to stun all the enemies. This is less powerful now that eximus exist, but breach surge still blinds eximus with overguard. 

On top of this, you can use Vulpakitty, Vasca kitty, or Sentinels to revive you if you somehow die. 

And if you somehow still die, you get to be operator and kill enemies to revive Nidus.

Nidus is everything Inaros wished to be. 

(Disclaimer before Sevagoth pfp shows up, just because I consider Nidus to be the best tank does not mean I think other tank frames are terrible, just that Nidus can outright refuse death no matter what.)

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Nidus can hold up to 100 stacks, that means he can die 6 times in a row before truly dying.

Now to build up stacks, you obviously can't let the enemies kill you as that eats up the stacks, so you have 3 universal options regardless of level: (1) use invulnerability frames {protective dash lol}, (2) use cloak arrow to become invisible while you use Virulence and Larva, and option (3) you use cc to stun all the enemies. This is less powerful now that eximus exist, but breach surge still blinds eximus with overguard. 

On top of this, you can use Vulpakitty, Vasca kitty, or Sentinels to revive you if you somehow die. 

And if you somehow still die, you get to be operator and kill enemies to revive Nidus.

Nidus is everything Inaros wished to be. 

(Disclaimer before Sevagoth pfp shows up, just because I consider Nidus to be the best tank does not mean I think other tank frames are terrible, just that Nidus can outright refuse death no matter what.)

Better not to share it. This whole build can get nerfed to the oblivion by whoever likes to nerf everything in DE. 

5 minutes ago, George_PPS said:

Better not to share it. This whole build can get nerfed to the oblivion by whoever likes to nerf everything in DE. 

They can't nerf it, Nidus already has a revive cooldown when using his augument as a way to balance it, and true immortality is only useful in a mission with levels so high that everything can kill you. Or you know, guaranteed insurance against messing up, but Wukong also has that and is tanky.

Plus, nidus being a super tank is his "niche" as the hp only infested warframe. It's why he's slow.

Consider him an opposite to Wukong. Wukong is fast and powerful out of the gate but only has 3 extra lives. Nidus is slow to build up his power but has infinite lives.

And once you get that power, not even nullifiers can stop you.

But by the time you've reached using Protective Dash you've already turned every frame truly immortal.

Like you've already turned on a light switch. You can't turn it more on. Yes you have redundancies in place in case it gets turned off but that's something one has to willingly do/neglect in order to happen.

However frames that aren't Nidus or Inaros has a passive advantage here with shield gating. Where even if you're not directly abusing the mechanic you get that extra window of time to prevent yourself from neglecting to use Protective Dash. All at no cost.

50 minutes ago, George_PPS said:

I can't believe people still say this in 2022 like they are sharing a map nuke setup that far outweighs anything we currently have at our disposal. Nidus is an impractical Warframe in many cases, and I'm pretty sure most people know that.

There's a long list of broken things that aren't fixed. If they don't have resources/time for those, then there certainly isn't any for Nidus.

Just now, trst said:

But by the time you've reached using Protective Dash you've already turned every frame truly immortal.

Like you've already turned on a light switch. You can't turn it more on. Yes you have redundancies in place in case it gets turned off but that's something one has to willingly do/neglect in order to happen.

However frames that aren't Nidus or Inaros has a passive advantage here with shield gating. Where even if you're not directly abusing the mechanic you get that extra window of time to prevent yourself from neglecting to use Protective Dash. All at no cost.

As already said, protective dash is only one method to build stacks, and other frames can still die if they mess up like running out of energy, falling off cliffs, getting nullified, or hit by toxin damage.

Consider Nidus a safety net: if anything does something that would kill you, it doesn't, no matter what, as long as you have stacks, you are safe.

12 minutes ago, George_PPS said:

Nah...  As a Nidus main, I can tell you it's really rare for me to run into other Nidus players in random squads.  While there's a fair amount of them based on the diagram/chart that @[DE]Pabloprovided on his tweet -- most player I encounter are too busy running for heavy-DPS builds so they don't have to worry about the enemies posing a threat.  

That and the fact that Nidus' kit requires a very repetitive playstyle that the folk with short attention spans can't put up with for more than 3 minutes.  

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

As already said, protective dash is only one method to build stacks, and other frames can still die if they mess up like running out of energy, falling off cliffs, getting nullified, or hit by toxin damage.

Consider Nidus a safety net: if anything does something that would kill you, it doesn't, no matter what, as long as you have stacks, you are safe.

Energy means nothing here, heavy landings like you get from dead zoning don't matter thanks to gating, you can just not sit in nullifier bubbles, and you need toxin damage to be so high that it one-shots you.

Even if Nidus has a built in redundancy it's at the cost of gating which all other frames have built in. And Shield Gating doesn't come with any cost where Nidus needs to maintain stacks which other players can deny from you.

vor 35 Minuten schrieb taiiat:

orrrrrr

everyone is immoral because we can all self Revive via Spacekid.

or spam vaz dash... 🙄

vor 18 Minuten schrieb MBaldelli:

Nah...  As a Nidus main, I can tell you it's really rare for me to run into other Nidus players in random squads.  While there's a fair amount of them based on the diagram/chart that @[DE]Pabloprovided on his tweet -- most player I encounter are too busy running for heavy-DPS builds so they don't have to worry about the enemies posing a threat.  

That and the fact that Nidus' kit requires a very repetitive playstyle that the folk with short attention spans can't put up with for more than 3 minutes.  

I don't see these quadrillion wukongs online either. these are statistics from photoshop in my opinion.

vor 35 Minuten schrieb George_PPS:

as long as it's not supposedly played the most, it's fine.
because otherwise you even have to nerf "OP" inaros with his IMBA skills, because he constantly gets 3k heals from his cat.

13 minutes ago, trst said:

Energy means nothing here, heavy landings like you get from dead zoning don't matter thanks to gating, you can just not sit in nullifier bubbles, and you need toxin damage to be so high that it one-shots you.

Even if Nidus has a built in redundancy it's at the cost of gating which all other frames have built in. And Shield Gating doesn't come with any cost where Nidus needs to maintain stacks which other players can deny from you.

Shield gating is 1.5 seconds and can be bypassed. Mutation stacks have 5 seconds of immunity and cannot be bypassed. The post isn't about tanking, it's about how nidus is literally immortal no matter what.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

orrrrrr

Ding ding ding? Outside of Arbitrations the only thing that can actually take down a player who has everything unlocked is..

Actually the player's own lack of intervention when under fire ^^;

1 hour ago, cute_moth.npc said:

Ding ding ding? Outside of Arbitrations the only thing that can actually take down a player who has everything unlocked is..

Actually the player's own lack of intervention when under fire ^^;

Or the lack of enemies to kill and dying for not paying attention... I-it didn't ha-happened to me, of course...

1 hour ago, vanaukas said:

Or the lack of enemies to kill and dying for not paying attention... I-it didn't ha-happened to me, of course...

Lol that has totally happened to me. 

Looking at the Last Gasp gauge filling and I'm like "aww yeah back in!" a split second before someone Bramma'ed away the rest of the room leaving nothing to fill the gauge that last sliver with xD

Nidus is strong AF, but not right out of the gate. 

- he needs micromanagement and a lot of kills to get enough stacks: granted this is much easier since his Larva changes, but any Nidus main will know the pain of running a PUG survival and seeing a Wukong with a Zarr nuking everything before they can cast Virulence even once.

- he's more vulnerable to fire damage: Napalms and Scorches are genuine threats even with a lot of stacks, especially on Steel Path. you only need to accidentally run into a stray Napalm bomb or let a Scorch get behind you and suddenly you're up a very brown and smelly creek in a sinking boat with no means of propulsion lol. if an Arson Eximus shows up, you need to kill that boi ASAP or his fire blast will down you. 

- he has no shields, and therefore can't take advantage of shield gating or overshielding, and his passive regen isn't enough once enemies start hitting hard.

in a solo survival, he's an absolute monster; nobody else to steal kills, and then he will reach that point of being nigh immortal, but if you run with someone who can out DPS you and clear rooms ahead.. than you're left with a mediocre CC warframe with no shields. 

anyway, with Magus Repair and that new Molt arcane whatever it's called, just about any frame can be practically immortal, since enemies can't really stop you from transferring into Void Mode. we already have enemies that force you out of your frame (Kuva Trokarian, Void Angels) but one that forces you back in.. that could be interesting lol.

13 hours ago, taiiat said:

orrrrrr

Reviving yourself isn't the same as being immortal, there are ways you can mess it up. If there weren't any I would be saying how Sevagoth is immortal. 

As long as you have enough nidus stacks there is no way you can "mess it up" unless of you decide to stand inside a nullifier bubble for 20 seconds.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb taiiat:

how did you die, then

I am not the greatest player, sometimes I don't pay attention, sometimes I make mistakes. If you want something interesting to do, go SP Void Cascade, it is fun and very challenging if you don't use your AOE superweapon.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

That's the point, the only way nidus can die is running out of stacks, so as long as you have stacks, you are in control, and nothing can stop you.

No you missed my point.

If it is possible for him to die he is not truly immortal. It doesn't matter how unlikely, the premise "nidus is truly immortal" is false based on the first sentence in the original post. 

You literally said it is possible for him to die therefore he is not truly immortal. 

3 hours ago, Leqesai said:

No you missed my point.

If it is possible for him to die he is not truly immortal. It doesn't matter how unlikely, the premise "nidus is truly immortal" is false based on the first sentence in the original post. 

You literally said it is possible for him to die therefore he is not truly immortal. 

Nidus is immortal if you build stacks, nothing can kill you.

Obviously you can die if you decide to afk and do nothing, that's why it's a video game. 

The point is, nidus cannot die if he has stacks. There's no way you can "mess up" and die when you are holding 50+ stacks, which is something other frames can't say the same about.

25 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Nidus is immortal if you build stacks, nothing can kill you.

I think you're misunderstanding what Leqesai is saying.  In your analysis of Nidus's immortality, you have taken stacks for granted and assumed Nidus will always have them as long as the player isn't AFK.  But that's simply not the case.  Many things can happen that will result in Nidus not having stacks, from user error to other players dominating the enemy pool.

Every frame is immortal as long as you assume that the thing that results in them dying isn't happening.

Archived