Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the "perfect" Warframe?

(XBOX)Lord ChibiVR

Just wondering what everyone thinks. Who is the perfect Warframe? Obviously such a frame has to excel at everything right? So I decided to make some categories that we can use to judge:

Survivability (self explanatory, has a subcategory of immortality).

Energy generation/economy (can't use too much energy or else the frame needs outside items to be used effectively).

Damage (also self explanatory, a frame needs something to dump energy into). 

Enemy control (allows the frame to change the pace of the mission in his favor; may not be needed if damage is consistent enough).

Fashion (Fashion Frame is endgame).

Support (boosts Warframe combat capabilities, actually way better than it sounds). 

Difficulty of acquiring and modding (even the most powerful frames are less often used if they are too hard to obtain or mod).

So, what do you all think? Any suggestions? 

And yes, I know that there can't be ONE special "I do everything better than everyone else frame," but I know there definitely can be some top contenders.

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Vampire_Mika said:

wukong, but not for long.

he is the best all rounder. he is from clan Dojo, i think Tenno lab.

for Support Wisp is the best.

parts have a great drop chance but, its from the Ropalolyst Assassination

I have both of them, but let me specify, I'm not asking for a frame to main, I'm asking if we were to compare every single frame based on damage, survivability, cc, utility etc, which ones would be at the top.

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

I have both of them, but let me specify, I'm not asking for a frame to main, I'm asking if we were to compare every single frame based on damage, survivability, cc, utility etc, which ones would be at the top.

and Wukong has survivability, mobility and damage if you have good weapons.

but, titania imo is a frame that can fill all your requirements.

she has good survivability, great energy economy, good damage, great buffs from abilities, good enemy control, great fashion imo, easy to acquire. 

vC2B1Mi.png

Was going to say protea.

Her 1 gives survivability and damage.

2 is a great damage dealer

3 gives energy, ammo and health. Works excellent with Equalibrium and synth mods on your pet

4 not the greatest and probably the ability you will helminth out but it is a good get out of jail card if you are really under the cosh.

But she's not the easiest to obtain. Maybe ask me again in a couple of years when her Prime is out.

I would say it's Wisp.

1. Extremely good, if not the best, support ability that provides extra health, regen, attack speed and a cheeky tiny bit of CC.

2. Comes with built-in invisibility as her passive, which technically can be active permanently.

3. Her second ability is a very reliable pocket Rolling Guard, can also distract enemies, and help travel too! (So another form of CC + Extremely useful survivability)

4. Radial blind CC that also grants a massive damage burst, if you use the right weapons.

5. Very large base energy pool allows to store plenty of energy, therefore making her energy usage very comfortable.

6. Exaggerated amount of Tennogen skins in a very short period of time allow for plenty of different combinations and fashionframe.

7. Can be obtained reasonably soon, as she drops from Jupiter, and I don't recall her being too expensive(?)

That said, it is true her 4th, in spite of being a really cool concept, easily falls short due to having very low rate of fire and even though it does have infinite scaling potential, you won't make use of it quite often. Similar to Protea's Temporal Anchor like Obi Wan mentioned. Wait, KENOB-

Kevin Prime.

His first ability grants him invincibility & invisibility. His second is a powerful crowd control that bypasses overshield & nullifier bubbles. His third gives him 3 other clone squadmates that boost affinity, like a normal squad. His fourth is like Peacemaker, Miasma & Discharge on steroids. And his passive grants him random buffs & drops for every step he takes. Be like Kevin Prime.

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

Jokes aside, there's a 'frame for every occasion. Limbo is my go-to for defense missions, Mesa is great for DPS, and Harrow is one of my favorite supports. I even race people to extraction with Gauss for the fun of it. Unless your name is Yareli, I think most 'frames work just fine. No single 'frame is perfect, there's always room for improvement, but the many options that we do have are sufficient.

Loki - This was meant as a jab to the game's content. (Not a serious answer.) That said, Ability 2 will get you pretty much all the game's content. 

Mirage:

Survivability:  (Low) Quick Thinking 

Energy generation/economy Mirage's staple is 1 & 3. both are very low cost.

Damage: Hall of Mirrors, Eclipse and AOE..? enough said.

Enemy control: Sleight of hand with Explosive Legerdemain built with range and power?  damages, slows and  illuminates enemies.

Fashion: Diverse skins are available. A lot to choose from.

Support: Limited to Mods, Augments and Arcanes.

Difficulty of acquiring and modding:  Late  game access if not purchased. Modding is simple.

Octavia.

Can go invisible for survivability. Gains energy regen for casting abilities. Has scaling AOE damage and damage amps. Can charm enemies for CC. And can grant herself and others movement speed, invisibility, multishot, and melee damage. And getting her just requires a quest and running around Lua for a bit.

And while Fashion is too subjective to be an actual category she does have Mandachord songs which one could argue as a layer of "fashion" no other frame has.

Though there isn't really any need to consider all of those criteria at one time (energy economy concerns alone eliminates most frames). As all of those can be supplemented by the rest of your loadout.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Just wondering what everyone thinks. Who is the perfect Warframe? Obviously such a frame has to excel at everything right? So I decided to make some categories that we can use to judge:

Energy generation/economy (can't use too much energy or else the frame needs outside items to be used effectively).

Enemy control (allows the frame to change the pace of the mission in his favor; may not be needed if damage is consistent enough).

Support (boosts Warframe combat capabilities, actually way better than it sounds). 

Difficulty of acquiring and modding (even the most powerful frames are less often used if they are too hard to obtain or mod).

And yes, I know that there can't be ONE special "I do everything better than everyone else frame," but I know there definitely can be some top contenders.

Octavia - she's broken as all hell.

- Invisibility for herself and allies

- Casting an ability replenishes 1 energy/sec for 30 seconds for not only herself, but allies.

- Buffs weapon damage for herself and allies

- Has scaling damage

- Buffs movement speed for herself and allies

- Cc's enemies with both Mallet and Resonator in large areas. I've played missions with Octavia allies where enemies literally ran past me, fully visible, to the Resonator.

She is the only frame I've done a few consecutive survival rotations with on SP up to rotation C (it was either Corpus or Grineer), completely unmodded, without ever using a weapon, while still killing Acolytes - that's how damn OP she is 🤣

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Hydroid easy

Survivability - Naturally tanky, literally water, can turn invincible in his 3rd and 2nd to retreat
Energy Economy - Pilfering Swarm might drop more energy orbs
Damage - 3rd casually scales damage, big kaboom weapons synergize with his 4th
Enemy Control - All 4 of his abilities have some sort of CC functionality
Fashion - Stylish Prime model, cool Deluxe skin, Graxx skins!
Support - Augments can turn him into a looter or healer, can easily defend teammates and objectives with his 4th while he revives
Difficulty of Acquiring - Boss drop, easy to get all his parts, Pretty easy to mod to your playstyle

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

The Rage mod screws this category up so badly.

And because energy economy is broken with Rage, I have to give it to Saryn. Survivability? Regen Molt. Damage and Enemy Control and Support? Spores + Miasma blind all enemies, strip their armor, apply viral procs, deal ridiculous damage, and overall break the game in half over her knee. Fashion? Oh baby you betcha

The ones that are actually fun to play

Interactive, 3-4 useful skills that aren't just a bunch of passive toggles or egg timers, fun quirks and gimmicks, build diversity, active gameplay, moving around and feeling ninja, not sitting there in some kind of boring bubble or relying on shutting off the game. 

This game is easy too easy and repetitive to care about anything else. 

That means to me that frames like Titania, Protea, Zephyr and Nova are fun to play and as perfect as I expect anything in this game to be,

While ones like Inaros, Mesa, Octavia, Hildryn and such are reject pile! (this list is subjective!) ^^

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

The Rage mod screws this category up so badly.

And because energy economy is broken with Rage, I have to give it to Saryn. Survivability? Regen Molt. Damage and Enemy Control and Support? Spores + Miasma blind all enemies, strip their armor, apply viral procs, deal ridiculous damage, and overall break the game in half over her knee. Fashion? Oh baby you betcha

While that's true, you have to avoid getting killed from the HP damage. 

Currently the only reliable ways to get energy are Zenurik, Arcane energize, and Equilibrium + Synth Fiber/Combat Discipline. You also can utilize energy generators but they will drain your materials.

Zenurik can do the job for many frames (like wisp, especially wisp), but many frames (such as the ones with channeling abilities or energy intensive playstyles {equinox and Gara respectively}) need something instant like arcane energize.

Nezha

Warding Halo for damage reduction (and an i-frame), Reaping Chakram applies a debuff increasing damage enemies take along with making enemies poop health and energy orbs on death, Firewalk gives more damage and CC along with it being a go-faster button, and Divine Spears gives even more CC that can give your chakram multiball madness if you augment for it.

Available from the Tenno lab from clan dojos.

By design? I'd have to give it to harrow. His entire kit, encourages you to use its other abilities.

Aside from him? I'd say equinox as a very close second. Most missions encourage you to use both forms for different sections. Not all, she does have flaws, but that's why i place her second and not first.

Personally though, i prefer equinox over harrow.

There is not perfect warframe coz ppl`s opinion is different. for example the comment I see (which I hate) is when ppl say "Ash is perfect" which is a stupid comment coz I can kill that by presenting His issues and the stats that show that he`s not as good as ppl say he is.

I will keep on saying it, what you say "I like Ash coz" of his augments or another warframe`s ability augment that`s a problem if you don`t believe me go in the warframe chat and ask ppl why they like Ash and I bet they will mention an augment instead of the ability, a helminth ability or the big one "he`s good in sp".

Go you youtubers that gives a review on his they mention his augments not you know the ability on it`s own and what makes no sense is when doing a review of each warframe or a teir list, I have the understanding that you`re meant to talk about the abilities on their own but what do you see? ppl talk about Ash with the augments and give him a score but in the same breath review Gyre and Sevagoth without augments and give them a score.

You see what i`m getting at? one get scored including augment while the other get scored without any augments this is not a fair review and the ppl doing it are stupid for not realising it.

With that out of the way a warframe that I find much enjoyment would be:

• Has a projectile ability.
  • Has either one or no stationary ability.
  • Has a damaging 4th ability.
  • A ability that can do multiple things (Oberon`s 2)
  • A unque warframe (Harrow)
  • Has synergies that make an ability better or completely changes the function of how a ability works.
  • It has to look sick (Chroma prime, Gara prime, Ash prime with the original helmet)
  • Has a cool concept (time, kunoichi, teleportation, mech, geine)
  • And most importantly FUN.

Archived