Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why falsely advertise Styanax as exalted weapon user?

DeathMavrik

What I want to know is why did they advertise him as a vegan? If he isn't actually a vegan? In the first teaser he wasn't shown at a BBQ after killing a cow and then grilling it up, to make hamburgers for Grendel and Valkyr, so I assumed he was Vegan. Then in the new game play, I saw him eating a Turducken! Thats like... the opposite of vegan. 

Okay I am being silly on purpose. I can actually see how someone might have assumed he was, but eh. I try not invest in my own assumptions, to avoid disappointment. So you have my sympathies. Another reason I try and avoid doing that too, is it can mean, even if a Warframe does have really cool abilities and synergy... my own disappointment can prevent me from enjoying and appreciating the cool stuff actually going on, just because I assumed differently... so its like robbing myself of the enjoyment again. A double blow. 

11 hours ago, Mediloric said:

Wasn't there a weapon in the melee slot during the preview called "Slaytra" or something? maybe that'd be it as a standard weapon? 

Is it just a renamed weapon lol? 

Slaytra, yes. 
Getting a new spear melee with him will make sense

5 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

Maybe they are talking about the new anime trailer? Because it clearly showed Styanax fighting with a lance, blocking with a shield and also throwing energy lances.

But the javelins weren't the same. That conjured javelin was green while the spear was ecru/white and black and looked like his signature weapon. 
The sneak peek didn't tell us much at all and the full trailer was immediately followed by a demo of the frame entirely. I don't see where there was much room to take the anime presentation as an implied promise.

Likewise we just don't know what his spear is— It could be some kind of 1 handed speargun allowing it to be used with a shield or a hybrid of some sort.

There's still too much that we just don't know. 

I would say that taking an anime depiction of the frame's abilities as an implied promise of it's function is how we manage to get fewer introductions like this long term though.
That's just my opinion though...

this reminds me of when Khora's kit was revealed: everyone thoguth she'd have an exalted whip weapon, and she didn't.

if I had a nickel for every time a frame looked like it had an exalted weapon but actually didn't, I'd have two nickels... which isn't a lot but it's weird that it happened twice. 

21 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

Maybe they are talking about the new anime trailer? Because it clearly showed Styanax fighting with a lance, blocking with a shield and also throwing energy lances.

his number 4 is throwing energy lances and Pablo has out right said they forgot to showcase his signature weapons so likely he does have shield and spear mele like sigma and octantis that we havnt been told about as only mentioned in not much detail the spear gun and other frames have come with 2 weapons at release before

I can see what OP is saying.

When you watch the anime trailer, Styanax always has his spear and shield, so the trailer does make it seem like those items would persistently be with him.  In Warframe terms, that would generally mean an exalted weapon.

So did DE explicitly say that he would have an exalted weapon?  No.  But I do understand why someone would get that idea from the trailer, it's a pretty reasonable takeaway.  Such is the risk in taking artistic liberties in trailers.

On 2022-08-27 at 3:13 AM, Tiltskillet said:

Can you link to an example of this heavy advertising?

Hey, I'm disappointed too.  But let's not confuse our personal hopes with promises, or slander DE without evidence.

Here https://youtu.be/4gi_9Ypouuc?t=170 it uses shield to reflect stuffs.

On 2022-08-27 at 2:23 AM, DeathMavrik said:

Why would you heavily advertise him as having an exalted spear and shield........and then not do it?

I was so unbelievably hyped from the animation trailer (the first thing we see of him) showing Styanax summoning a spear and shield to fight......

But then the actual kit robs us of the coolest idea of an exalted weapon.

I just feel utterly disappointed.

Maybe not exalted weapon but much more melee focused (aka melee Gauss).

13 minutes ago, quxier said:

Ah, so you agree. Ok, I was confused.

I think you're being sardonic, but at this point it's hard for me to tell for sure.  You say some things with apparent sincerity that I have a hard time wrapping my head around.

Just to be clear, the video isn't heavy advertising...full stop. Let alone promising that we're going to get a cool shield that projectiles will bounce off of.  To me those are statements so obvious I feel a little silly needing to type them out, and I'm not remotely tempted to add the usual "IMO" or "AFAIC". If you think it is heavy advertising, I don't know what to say.  If you don't think it's heavy advertising either, well, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Either way I don't think I have anything more to contribute.

Since it's still some ways away from release, if we must have held spear snd shield, there could be a way to add it in:

Hold Axios Javelin to wield it, use fire key to throw it and use the aim key to zoom, precision headshot javelin. Kinda like Voidrig Necramech's first ability.

Hold Tharros Strike to materialize the shield, which auto-blocks frontal attacks like your melee after a quick melee attack when holding a gun. Tap-cast to swing.

Archived