Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why falsely advertise Styanax as exalted weapon user?

DeathMavrik

Why would you heavily advertise him as having an exalted spear and shield........and then not do it?

I was so unbelievably hyped from the animation trailer (the first thing we see of him) showing Styanax summoning a spear and shield to fight......

But then the actual kit robs us of the coolest idea of an exalted weapon.

I just feel utterly disappointed.

They never advertised him as an exalted user. You just assumed he was.

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

whatt do you mean. His 1, 2 and 4 uses an exalted (or energy) spear and shield.

An exalted has to be a seperate, moddable weapon that’s summoned upon casting one of the frames abilities.

the spears and shield are just the visual effects of Styanax abilities.

26 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

An exalted has to be a seperate, moddable weapon that’s summoned upon casting one of the frames abilities.

the spears and shield are just the visual effects of Styanax abilities.

not all of them are moddable. And this sounds like semantics matrix. His abilities cast energy weapons, looks like an exalted weapon to me.

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

not all of them are moddable. And this sounds like semantics matrix. His abilities cast energy weapons, that's pretty exalted.

All of them are moddable.

there’s the pseudo-exalted which require a melee weapon to have mods applicable to them.

Styanax’s has neither exalted nor pseudo-exalted abilities.

12 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

All of them are moddable.

there’s the pseudo-exalted which require a melee weapon to have mods applicable to them.

Styanax’s has neither exalted nor pseudo-exalted abilities.

guess my definition of an exalted abilities differs than yours. Mine is and ability that cast a weapon, energy or otherwise makes it exalted.  And when u cast hiss 1, 2 and 4 I see exalted spears. Guess that just meI Dont Care Whatever GIF

42 minutes ago, DeathMavrik said:

Why would you heavily advertise him as having an exalted spear and shield........and then not do it?

Can you link to an example of this heavy advertising?

Hey, I'm disappointed too.  But let's not confuse our personal hopes with promises, or slander DE without evidence.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

guess my definition of an exalted abilities differs than yours. Mine is and ability that cast a weapon, energy or otherwise makes it exalted. 

Most people know what the actual definition of an exalted weapon is, despite your own random definition.

Excalibur....Baruuk...Valkyr...Titania etc. 

This is why we're asking OP for his evidence.

Most exalted weapons in this game are not worth using over normal weapons.

Also I'm glad I don't have to sink in forma for him,then the spear,then the shield. (like how Sevagoth eats so much forma).

But most importantly they never advertised him as having exalted weapons and you just made that one up.

11 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

not all of them are moddable. And this sounds like semantics matrix. His abilities cast energy weapons, looks like an exalted weapon to me.

no yeah they are all modable.

excals blade can be modded

ivaras bow can be modded

wukongs staff can be modded

Baruuk fist weapons can be modded

Hildryns charger can be modded

Mesa's peacmakers can be modded

Sevagoths shadow can be modded

Both Titanias weapons the pistols and blade can be modded

Valkyrs tallons can be modded

Voidrigs arquebex can be modded

Bonewiddows Ironbride can be modded

thats every single exaulted weapon in game

Garuda's tallons are not exaulted but more of auxilary weapon but even they can be modded

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I don't recollect anyone stating that he was going to use an exalted weapon,

Most people just assumed so after looking at the trailer.

I recall a few people on youtube saying so but they where only unofficial content creators and not any connection to DE that im aware of.  and they did not cite a source for that information so was just misinformation because of hopes or wishes

I personally wasn't expecting any exalted things from him...

But I was expecting a Spear/Shield combo, even if it was just a type of sword (or mace) /shield that already exists in the game. It's not out of the question yet... but it hasn't been shown off, to my knowledge.

I can't stand spear guns... I'm a melee guy... so that thing will be mastery fodder for me.

11 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

Huh? I must have missed that.
I didn't see any mention of exalted weaponry in any of the teasers or pictures of him.
What are you speaking of specifically?

Maybe they are talking about the new anime trailer? Because it clearly showed Styanax fighting with a lance, blocking with a shield and also throwing energy lances.

Archived