Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why dont we have a Marketplace? Also AOE nerfs but not much improvements to other guns problem

SairentoDangan

We literally have a Faction that function based on Trading, and here we are, the advanced Tenno faction still have to rely on barbaric of manual trading. 

Why? 

Can we have a middle man who take care of all the trading need, listing and stuff, for ... idk? 5% of the profit? *cough* Darvo *cough* It would help greatly. 

Also about the AOE nerfs, I understand the situation, but nerfing is not the only thing that should be in 1 update. I have posted something similar prior to this, but I'll repeat myself:

Create new way for weapons to operate to diverse the use.

- Bring in ricochet mods for balistic/ energy bullets (Shots ricochet deal Z reduced damage to X nearby enemies in Y metters) 

- Weapons like the Zarr that shoot a ball have their explosion removed, can only deal direct damage with the projectile now, in exchange gain damage, crit chance, crit dmg based on their clip size, and maybe make the projectiles rolls like a bowling ball and damage in a line.

Some other suggestion would be nice, but that's my main things for now. 

Thanks.

A player-driven trade system has been discussed for years. I'm honestly not sure why DE is against the idea but anything resembling an auction house and/or player-driven marketplace is likely never going to happen. Best option for players to trade is warframe.market

not much improvements to other guns

We're getting an increase to headshot multiplier. That's not something you should turn your nose up at.

As for a marketplace that'd mean servers, which would mean extra costs and maintenance. I'd rather DE spend that money elsewhere, while we stick to wfmarket or Maroo's.

2 hours ago, SairentoDangan said:

Also about the AOE nerfs, I understand the situation, but nerfing is not the only thing that should be in 1 update. I have posted something similar prior to this, but I'll repeat myself:

Create new way for weapons to operate to diverse the use.

- Bring in ricochet mods for balistic/ energy bullets (Shots ricochet deal Z reduced damage to X nearby enemies in Y metters) 

- Weapons like the Zarr that shoot a ball have their explosion removed, can only deal direct damage with the projectile now, in exchange gain damage, crit chance, crit dmg based on their clip size, and maybe make the projectiles rolls like a bowling ball and damage in a line.

Some other suggestion would be nice, but that's my main things for now. 

Thanks.

1.  Nonaoe weapons are getting a buff in that the headshot multiplier is getting increased in adition to the headshot multiplier being removed from aoe damage.

2. there are mods that add ricocet to some of the energy wepons atleast the really ones i ever see being used that didnt already have it as inate.  the ie the tetra, and the tenet archaplasmor has it by default

3. the zarr has splash damage because you know what actual cannons have splash damage they cause all sorts of debri tho be kicked up and thrown around it often with enough force to injute those close enough some times serriously. is it exagerated in game  yeah a bit but gues what its a GAME its not supposed to be 100% accurate.

Player driven market would destroy the F2P system in the game. It would also bring a lot of scammers and bots making it useless. DE said they will never add marketplace like that just because it brings more problems than it helps. Current system is good. And DE has complete control of the trades with this, removing dirty plat very fast and efficiently.

Non-aoe weapons getting insane headshot bonus multiplier is what they doing to other than aoe-weapons. Watch the dev stream again or read a summary.

Empires rise and fall, Metas change, old frames get primed and new ones join the roster, but one thing is certain: there will always be that one guy wanting an auction house...

also, precision weapons are getting triple heashot multipliers, so anyone with the basic common sense to aim for the head when possible (you don't even have to worry about recoil/Muzzle Climb with a lot of guns) will see a marked improvement in their DPS output. I can't wait to see what ridiculous numbers my Harrow Prime will produce once that change goes live..

An auction house would do nothing but destroy the value of items due to the lack of resource sinks on tradable items, the absence of restrictions on our inventory, and the drop rates of items being higher than what you'd see in other games with auction houses. The only things that would maintain any value would be Rivens and maybe rare Arcanes (until another event comes around that hands them out). And devaluing trade would be incredibly bad for DE and the entire player base.

I wouldn't have a problem if I could put an item for sale in Maroo's Bazaar, so another player bought it even if I'm offline.
The thing is this would be convenient for me since I play around 2 hours only a day and I'd rather not spend a good amount of time just waiting for someone to my product.
Don't really think we need auction houses, our hand to hand commerce is pretty good after 9 years.

1 hour ago, ThommiX said:

Current system is good.

Current system isn't good.

Let's say you are solo player and want to make trading faster (slower pc or something) so you load your dojo.

Someone want to trade Syndicate medalion? *goes to orbiter and back*

You want to trade more than 132k syndicate stuffs? Go to relay..

Player not responding? Should I wait? Is they death/unconscious or just ignoring me for some reasons?

And DE has complete control of the trades with this, removing dirty plat very fast and efficiently.

Yeah, FROM PEOPLE THAT POTENTIALLY HAVE JUST TRADED WITH SCAMMER. You know what's better? With negative platinum you cannot use game. I"m screenshoting myself if I'm doing "bigger" transaction just because something may scam me.

Here is quote from Zendesk:

Please also note that the in-game trading system is intended only for equitable trades between players, not for trading large amounts of Platinum between accounts. If you purchase your Platinum from a legitimate source, it will be deposited directly into your account i.e. you will not need to provide access to your account to anyone, nor will you need to make a trade to receive it.

If you have purchased Platinum through an unofficial 3rd party site or from another player there’s a good chance the Platinum was not legitimately obtained (for example, it might have been stolen from another player’s account, or it might have been purchased using fraudulent credit card information). Should an investigation find that you received Platinum from one of these fraudulent sources, it can and will be removed from your account. Please contact Warframe Support and we will be happy to work with you to resolve the issue and get you back into the game as soon as possible.

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010426932-Negative-Balance-Help

How this works is mystery for me. I read that you can ask to rewert your transaction so you get non-negative plat (and use your account):

Support will offer to reverse your market transactions to give you back plat until your balance is positive again and you can log in.

If you sold a riven and got bad plat for it, support can give you back the riven. They won't do it by default, but if you ask there's a good chance they will. May take some persistence.

And whole topic about negative plat:

7 hours ago, SairentoDangan said:

We literally have a Faction that function based on Trading, and here we are, the advanced Tenno faction still have to rely on barbaric of manual trading. 

Why? 

Can we have a middle man who take care of all the trading need, listing and stuff, for ... idk? 5% of the profit? *cough* Darvo *cough* It would help greatly. 

Fully automated trading has always been a no-go. There are pros and cons for both styles of trade systems, but we have the one we have and that doesn't seem like it's going to change.

That said, we already have semi-automated trade on warframe.market. Players can already buy, sell, contact each other, search, and see historic trade data. warframe.market also holds a pretty consistent 10k+ active traders online at any given time (right now it's 13k traders and 16k total). Meanwhile the entire Steam population right now is only about 40k on average, and last time this topic was brought up and I manually counted all of the people in trade chat it was something like 300 people on the entirety of PC across all regions. It is indisputable that a vast amount of the game's trade already happens via warframe.market and that it dwarfs anything you'll find on trade chat.

Any of the economic doom and gloom you'll hear given as an excuse for why trade should remain in the stone ages will already have happened due to warframe.market's dominance, and guess what? The player economy is still here. Any of the excuses you'll see about muh server costs are equally as minor. If warframe.market can maintain this level of dominance on the game's economy on a Patreon budget of a whole $953 a month, then why can't a multi-million dollar company do the same?

DE should, and has no reason not to, implement a system like warframe.market ingame. Let players list offerings in a searchable trade board at Maroo's using their daily trade slots, and keep some level of manual trade interaction for placing offers and bids, accepting offers, and picking up items.

9 hours ago, SairentoDangan said:

Why?

When DE addressed this it was simple:

They want all trading to be 'face-to-face' or should I say 'person to person' between two active players, not through a proxy. They don't want a marketplace because that allows players to AFK sell and buy. And they never want any form of AFK selling and buying.

Two active players that actually contact each other, even for the limited time it takes to accept and trade and say 'thanks'.

I always support any discussions for an auction house , 

I also like the other suggestion of ricochet bullets , but we kinda already have that , in the form of beam chaining weapons. We also have a very specific weapon in the drakgoon.

And the bowling ball one would be fantastic , but again similar to the plasmor effect i think, 

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

When DE addressed this it was simple:

They want all trading to be 'face-to-face' or should I say 'person to person' between two active players, not through a proxy. They don't want a marketplace because that allows players to AFK sell and buy. And they never want any form of AFK selling and buying.

Two active players that actually contact each other, even for the limited time it takes to accept and trade and say 'thanks'.

I think the solution is an in-game version of warframe market. Eliminate the third party thing and just have a place where you can easily list sales in-game then players can review it and contact people directly to make the trade.

This would hopefully eliminate the current problem of in-game trade being fed by scalpers and no in-game way to evaluate price of goods.

2 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I always support any discussions for an auction house , 

I also like the other suggestion of ricochet bullets , but we kinda already have that , in the form of beam chaining weapons. We also have a very specific weapon in the drakgoon.

And the bowling ball one would be fantastic , but again similar to the plasmor effect i think, 

Cedo alt fire is a howing blade that ricochets. and theres more than that. Not a new idea in any way.

12 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

It's a glaive taped to a gun essentially.

Also forgot to mention the cyanex.

Yeah,exactly that :D with innate condition overload on primary fire lol. Kuva nukor,that thing cooks anything,incredible aoe beam weapon :D

vor 50 Minuten schrieb bad4youLT:

DE on the record gone and has said that they do not want to automate trading in any shape or form and that allowing players to trade premium currency with out restrictions is already generous enough .

that can also be easily exploited.
there are already bots for trade in other games. if players don't have to be online, you can generate a lot of plat with buy/sell. and possibly create many accounts.
in the end everything is sold cheaply on ebay or wherever for real cash.

but you don't even need bots. there were trash companies from china. they farmed wow with hunter etc. 24/7 and sold gold cheaply for real cash.

22 hours ago, Leqesai said:

I think the solution is an in-game version of warframe market. Eliminate the third party thing and just have a place where you can easily list sales in-game then players can review it and contact people directly to make the trade.

Probably.

DE at the time, and for years since (who knows what they'll do in the future), don't want that though.

They flat out don't and have said they don't want to ever do that.

They want person-to-person, non-automated trading, and have said that they would rather let the players have their own external sites than implement that system in the game.

So... [shrug] I don't know what to say.

19 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Probably.

DE at the time, and for years since (who knows what they'll do in the future), don't want that though.

They flat out don't and have said they don't want to ever do that.

They want person-to-person, non-automated trading, and have said that they would rather let the players have their own external sites than implement that system in the game.

So... [shrug] I don't know what to say.

I mean... I was describing a person-to-person trading system... I wasn't describing an auction house...

7 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

I mean... I was describing a person-to-person trading system... I wasn't describing an auction house...

No, I get that, you were describing Warframe.Market in the game.

And that, as I was saying, is something DE specifically doesn't want. They even mentioned it by name on the stream at the time. I was re-iterating my point to include the thing you were talking about.

1 minute ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

No, I get that, you were describing Warframe.Market in the game.

And that, as I was saying, is something DE specifically doesn't want. They even mentioned it by name on the stream at the time. I was re-iterating my point to include the thing you were talking about.

Oh they did?

I thought the only thing they've said they don't want to do is an ingame auction house. Thanks for clarifying.

Archived