Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archon Mods

Blaudari

Your thoughts on these? I did just look em up on the wiki to do some comparison & honestly, i don't see a reason to use them.

Umbral mods & primed mods give about the same polarity capacity with some primed mods giving 14 instead of 16 but all primed mods & Umbral mods are way better then the archon mods.

Def will do some testing but curious on the communities thoughts on these.

Just now, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

For me it will depend on the frame. For me Archon Stretch will def go on my volt. 

yeah, talking with some people on discord, gave me some good ideas. I've been pretty much stumbling on what to use on my limbo when replacing his 3rd ability, so far i've stuck with Mind Control but this mod may give me an idea to get Vaubans Electric rollers or Volts electric shock just to rack up some energy for defense, Mobile Defense & Rescue missions.

Wisp is going to cheese so hard. She can trigger healing, electric, fire with her base kit. Depending on the helminth ability, she can deffinitely get cold damage.

For Toxic, it depends on if Grendel's helminth power will count towards triggering it. Chroma's Ward (toxic) could probably do it.

Depends on the frame. Personally I see myself using Archon Stretch on some frames with Gyre's ability, or potentially Chroma's ability, subsumed onto some frames for the electricity procs/energy return. I might replace Styanax's 1 with Gyre's ability should it not receive a small pull on surface impact. Right now his 1 is a bit eeeh.

il y a 24 minutes, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 a dit :

For me it will depend on the frame. For me Archon Stretch will def go on my volt. 

I thought the same, then i realized that Archon Stretch energy generation is only 2/s during 5 secondes, so only 10 energy gained in the process, which is like nothing if you take in mind what energize and zenurik can do.

Add to this that the drain cost is 16 instead of 9 for Stretch.

I would have considered using it if it was like 5e/s during 10s (50 total energy), or if the range was like 60% with 2e/s during 5s.

Depends entirely what status types a frame/build can apply. But they do open up some potentially interesting synergies via Helminth.

Like people tend to put Spectrorage + the augment onto frames they need to generate energy on. But if you put flow into your build you can swap it for Archon Flow and put Ice Wave on instead to generate energy without spending a slot for an augment. Or swap Stretch for Archon Stretch with Elemental Ward (electric) or Tesla to generate energy over it's duration.

Though they don't really compete with Umbral mods unless capacity is a concern. These might even save some capacity or let you get some extra stats off a non-maxed mod since you can use them to replace an augment or something.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Obi Wan Dandobi said:

Gonna put them all on Lavos

lol, gonna be like when Thanos has all the Infinity Stones XD.

I'll certainly give them a try, as others have said, Helminth may offer some interesting synergies, and I think straight up elemental frames are gonna be buffed quite nicely by these mods. 

Just now, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

lol, gonna be like when Thanos has all the Infinity Stones XD.

I'll certainly give them a try, as others have said, Helminth may offer some interesting synergies, and I think straight up elemental frames are gonna be buffed quite nicely by these mods. 

Lavos is Thanos confirmed, Thanos skin when?

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)Obi Wan Dandobi said:

Gonna put them all on Lavos

2 of them are useless cause he doesnt use energy, but double procs are pretty good for, but wiki says they half-work

so far only heat one is really good for buffing heat-based nukes like Sunder or Embers kit or Protea turrets

So far, 

Upping mod capacity of mods as of lately=more forma to slot them in=more bought forma=DE profit. Should just be a +2 bonus over the next best option, why is archon stretch worth an additional 7 polarities? Should be +4 max.

My current loadouts already do a bunch of good stuff so far. I will probably get a set and max rank them just for the fun of it but yeah I probably don't have the desire to slot them in almost instantly.

Can't wait for every single youtuber to come out with OMG NEW MOD HAS BRAND NEW SYNGERY! Or something like that. 

Looking at them again:

Archon Stretch, worst one of the bunch, extra 10 energy per cast, at best it is a streamline + Stretch together

Archon Vitality, heat procs aren't generally that useful for most forms of content, also can't use umbral set

Archon Continuity, seems okay but why would not just apply corrosive with a weapon? Instead of trying to merge toxin and corrosive?

Archon Flow, providing energy orbs seems really good until you see it needs to kill with a cold ability in which there isn't very many 10% drop chance is also too low imo.

Archon Intensify, probably the most interesting one out there, given we have other effects that works with regenerating abilities and how many health related synergies exist, like utilizing a blood forge+Max Magazine Envoy or Champion's Blessing. This also has many trade-offs that are interesting to deal with like using a non-umbral set. Also it appears to not stack and is only 60% max so an umbral set is still way better if this is the case.

So yeah not that great in comparison to other great mods and shards that we have right now.

Il y a 3 heures, XHADgaming a dit :

Archon Flow, providing energy orbs seems really good until you see it needs to kill with a cold ability in which there isn't very many 10% drop chance is also too low imo.

I think it's cold damage.

-

In another topic ; do you guys think Archon Continuity (proccing on toxin damage from abilities) and Archon Stretch (proccing on elec damage from abilities) could be triggered respectively by Residual Viremia and Residual Shock ; and those MAY be considered as abilities as its an arcane ?

2 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

I think it's cold damage.

Actually,

Gauss Thermal Sunder exists oh god that is a two-part combo there any frame can use. 

Explosive Legerdemain may actually get a pretty nice batch of support since it counts as inflicting every damage type upon kill. And would also want to use Archon Stretch as well. 

Still, I think the archon mods are super limited in viability for how many abilities the archon mods affect. I think it should be changed to be element or elemental combination. And then there are the physical types as well so there are still plenty of options for DE to continue with opening up the doors and providing more content and support with them beyond the initial batch and then dropping it like so many other things in the game like Deimos and Arch-Melee for example. 

16 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

I've tried using Explodie Legerdemain after this update, unless the squad is spam killing everything (like Sanctuary Onslaught), there isn't enough ammo drops for Mirage to do her magic. Also it appears that Explodie Legerdemain consumes the ammo too...

That's how legerdemain has always worked.

Hilarious that DE target Wukong for AFK when Octaiva and Mirage exist.

My opinion is that I need more testing on what can or cannot give their bonuses. Does augments like of Storm trooper or Fireball frenzy count for it? Does exalted weapons count? Unfortunately, I can only test it in either a few weeks, or a few months later, depending on the cost of those mods.

Honestly seems like most of them are either sidegrades, or just outright alternatives. Like archon flow for example gives the same energy as primed, but primed is very rarely with Baro, so players would have to trade for it, archon would be an alternative for a ltitle more cost even if they can't proc the extra effect. But as a whole, I think they're pretty okay. And for umbral mods? remember that umbral intensify needs vit to end up close to the same power as archon intensify when procced, at which point you'll probably wanna use umbral forma.

Archived