Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would it not be cool if we could master more then 1 frame at same time

-Legendzzz

Would it not be cool if we could master more then 1 frame at same time, as we progress as mastery levels let say MR10 = control 1 more Frame he joins you like oncall NPC they function pretty well, MR20 = gives you 2 more frames and MR30 = full squed 3 frames. So if you wanna run those boring missions like interception you wont need to solo, however if you run public they join you at the starts and go away as normal tenno joins the game. 

However something needs to be done so you cant AFK grind with those 3 tennos insted you got to keep moving or killing or something. 

Spoiler

Celestial Twin is totaly defrent tho you are making duplicate of your self essensly giving you 2x the power. what im saying if you run 4man mission is to have 4 man inside. Ppl dont like to run all missions like interception etc... doing it alone is boring you need to keep running back and forward like maniac would be nice to acculy have 4 teenos you get to gear up to play with you, let say i wanna play survivel mission with 1 buddy we can have 2 more npc frames with us if we wanna run 60min survivel not meny pugs wanna do 60 min.  Would be nice as you can choice the frames you wanna bring with you, let say i wanna have tinity not meny ppl are gonna play that class, or frost to keep protecting my excavators couse we rother play something else etc... 

i know they exsist its not the same thing you spawning an extra player it purly adds to your damage this wont do that. Mission is designd to handle 4 tennos and this would only be 4 tennos. 

Celestial twins if we are 4 we could spawn 4 more thats 8 players, beside that you can afk grind with it its to powerfull and needed nerf. 

25 minutes ago, -Legendzzz said:

Celestial Twin is totaly defrent tho

Is it really?

What really is the difference?
Celestial twin uses your maxed out weapons and loadout and runs next to you attacking enemies, and essentially played the mission for you before the most recent changes.

What you're suggesting would be the ability to bring in 3 warframes, with maxed out weapons and loadouts, that runs next to you attacking enemies, and essentially playing the mission for you.....

The only difference, and it is quite minor, is that you get to choose the frames that you bring along instead of them just being a copy of Wukong....but that is an incredibly small difference and doesn't really change much.

You're really just asking for celestial twin, but on every frame, and even stronger as you aren't just limited to one copy....I really don't see DE wanting to come anywhere near an idea like that.

47 minutes ago, -Legendzzz said:

Would it not be cool if we could master more then 1 frame at same time, as we progress as mastery levels let say MR10 = control 1 more Frame he joins you like oncall NPC they function pretty well, MR20 = gives you 2 more frames and MR30 = full squed 3 frames. So if you wanna run those boring missions like interception you wont need to solo, however if you run public they join you at the starts and go away as normal tenno joins the game.

What does this have to do with the title of your thread:

48 minutes ago, -Legendzzz said:

Would it not be cool if we could master more then 1 frame at same time

By "master", do you not mean "control"? 🤨

Way to totaly missread my idea. I said something has to be done so you wont be able to AFK grind i got plenty of ideas how to solve that im sure DE has to, and 

36 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Is it really?

What really is the difference?
Celestial twin uses your maxed out weapons and loadout and runs next to you attacking enemies, and essentially played the mission for you before the most recent changes.

What you're suggesting would be the ability to bring in 3 warframes, with maxed out weapons and loadouts, that runs next to you attacking enemies, and essentially playing the mission for you.....

The only difference, and it is quite minor, is that you get to choose the frames that you bring along instead of them just being a copy of Wukong....but that is an incredibly small difference and doesn't really change much.

You're really just asking for celestial twin, but on every frame, and even stronger as you aren't just limited to one copy....I really don't see DE wanting to come anywhere near an idea like that.

Way to missread everything i said i said. i said NO AFK would be posible there is plenty of ways to forbid afk grinding. 

Celestial twins bring essensely 4 extra frames if 4 wukongs spawn each of thair own this is stupid thats 8 frames shooting like i said, what im saying to completly defrent. If you play alone you got 3 npc with you, if you go on multiplayer you got 3 players with you there is no defrence here. You can let other players do missions for you as well, my idea changes nothing for worse, it gives you options to play solo all mission excavation/interception etc.. those are not easy doing solo couse they are not made for solo grind. 

How about voult mission you can even put 1 key on each Frame and grind those solo as well. 

28 minutes ago, -Legendzzz said:

You can let other players do missions for you as well,

Leeching is a terrible thing to do

it gives you options to play solo all mission excavation/interception etc.. those are not easy doing solo couse they are not made for solo grind. 

Solo is balanced by lower enemy spawn numbers. The only time this is a hindrance is in Excavation when power cell carriers barely spawn in, but I just get two excavators running to increase the spawn rate. And there's practically no failure condition in Excavation, either.

How about voult mission you can even put 1 key on each Frame and grind those solo as well.

It was never originally intended, but a bug came up when they expanded the gear wheel and they decided to keep that bug going. There's also a minor risk since you carry four debuffs. Your AI-squad idea has no downsides as far as I can tell.

Maybe after you're reranking for the second or third time it could start to contribute to some extra mastery xp earns.

There should still be some requirement to use the frame you're Formaing.

Don't think the specters would be too useful but concerning that part sure, why not.

If they would also increase the spawns it would be pretty good for content without the Steel Path modifier, like fissures. (though SP fissures would still be nice, with 4 rolls and drops from the same relic instead of one)

No. No that sounds lame, what would be cool is each time you mastered a Warframe you unlock a skateboard and then instead of walking around, you skateboard around and do kick flips off Grineer heads. Warframe was designed to be fast, well whats faster than a FTL skateboard? Anything you say is false and fake. Nothing is faster than 4 wheels on a plank... except maybe 3 wheels... on a Lion! 

(Plenty of people do missions like Interception solo, and find it fine and fun. If you find it boring to do solo, then don't do it. Or if you have to for some reason, then do it for that reason. If you want to try and come up with a solution well... consider that that entire game is filled with such problems, because lots of players are very different in what they want. Then you need to consider the financial viability. Its fine having random abstract ideas on a forum. Are you prepared to put your livelihood and financial security on the line for your idea? Why should DE listen? Forums constantly churn out suggestions after suggestions,  only a few actually have the quality, popularity and practical potential to be implemented. The rest are often just shower thoughts/random mind Tweets. Consider for example, how spawning AI squads would impact on social factors that DE tries to incentivise? Yes they do also try to make sure solo players are taken care off, but there are huge differences between any kind of AI and real people, in both positive, negative and neutral senses.)

My apologies if this seems negative, because your idea is creative and could be fun, in theory, but I am not sure you have considered all the complications that would be created, as far as actual Warframe, the coding involved, times and resources, having to balance behaviour, and for what reason? The idea that you find certain missions boring solo? Even just the balance, in The Index, your team mates can be a liability when solo, but that can be argued to be some of the challenge and risk in going solo. In Railjack, your AI crew can be considered a greater asset than inexperienced or lazy human players. In one of those settings, the AI sort of needs to exist for balance (two teams, if it was just solo, it might be too easy, since how would the other team score, if there is just one of you and 8 of them? So they just give you AI allies, so points can actually be scored/built up). In the other situation, the AI Crew are rewards/need to be earned, through resources, Intrinsics, contrasts etc they are harder to get, but are more valuable. So which would your idea fall into? Then whatever it does, thats something that would need to be monitored and balanced. Even Spectre behaviour can be strange, depending on the situation. What about Nightmare mode? Or interactions with Spectres? Each AI gets a Spectre so squads of 8? What if they are also Wukongs? Team of 16? Or modes that strictly don't want Spectres? Should their balance affect the balance of Warframes in general? Why? Why not? If you have a competent Trinity or Wisp AI, thats going to trivialise a lot of content. 

This is one of those ideas that sounds sort of cool and simple at first though? Though a complex mess of issues as far as actual implementation. Also a lot of my questions are rhetorical, because they only lead to more questions, and only the Devs would be in a position to answer. 

I do sympathise though. I like Disruption, and enjoy it more in a full squad. Its usually empty though. Good place for Relics, and I do actually enjoy it, so I solo. I enjoy Interception alright if its solo. I'll usually only do it if its Sortie or Daily Incursions or a GotL though, (two of those mentioned, usually are filled though.)

49 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

No. No that sounds lame, what would be cool is each time you mastered a Warframe you unlock a skateboard and then instead of walking around, you skateboard around and do kick flips off Grineer heads. Warframe was designed to be fast, well whats faster than a FTL skateboard? Anything you say is false and fake. Nothing is faster than 4 wheels on a plank... except maybe 3 wheels... on a Lion! 

(Plenty of people do missions like Interception solo, and find it fine and fun. If you find it boring to do solo, then don't do it. Or if you have to for some reason, then do it for that reason. If you want to try and come up with a solution well... consider that that entire game is filled with such problems, because lots of players are very different in what they want. Then you need to consider the financial viability. Its fine having random abstract ideas on a forum. Are you prepared to put your livelihood and financial security on the line for your idea? Why should DE listen? Forums constantly churn out suggestions after suggestions,  only a few actually have the quality, popularity and practical potential to be implemented. The rest are often just shower thoughts/random mind Tweets. Consider for example, how spawning AI squads would impact on social factors that DE tries to incentivise? Yes they do also try to make sure solo players are taken care off, but there are huge differences between any kind of AI and real people, in both positive, negative and neutral senses.)

My apologies if this seems negative, because your idea is creative and could be fun, in theory, but I am not sure you have considered all the complications that would be created, as far as actual Warframe, the coding involved, times and resources, having to balance behaviour, and for what reason? The idea that you find certain missions boring solo? Even just the balance, in The Index, your team mates can be a liability when solo, but that can be argued to be some of the challenge and risk in going solo. In Railjack, your AI crew can be considered a greater asset than inexperienced or lazy human players. In one of those settings, the AI sort of needs to exist for balance (two teams, if it was just solo, it might be too easy, since how would the other team score, if there is just one of you and 8 of them? So they just give you AI allies, so points can actually be scored/built up). In the other situation, the AI Crew are rewards/need to be earned, through resources, Intrinsics, contrasts etc they are harder to get, but are more valuable. So which would your idea fall into? Then whatever it does, thats something that would need to be monitored and balanced. Even Spectre behaviour can be strange, depending on the situation. What about Nightmare mode? Or interactions with Spectres? Each AI gets a Spectre so squads of 8? What if they are also Wukongs? Team of 16? Or modes that strictly don't want Spectres? Should their balance affect the balance of Warframes in general? Why? Why not? If you have a competent Trinity or Wisp AI, thats going to trivialise a lot of content. 

This is one of those ideas that sounds sort of cool and simple at first though? Though a complex mess of issues as far as actual implementation. Also a lot of my questions are rhetorical, because they only lead to more questions, and only the Devs would be in a position to answer. 

I do sympathise though. I like Disruption, and enjoy it more in a full squad. Its usually empty though. Good place for Relics, and I do actually enjoy it, so I solo. I enjoy Interception alright if its solo. I'll usually only do it if its Sortie or Daily Incursions or a GotL though, (two of those mentioned, usually are filled though.)

thats great response and i agree what you are saying i did not consider all the angels thats why we have forums ;). I was thinking my idea was viable couse we allready do have lots of AI that allready does this stuff, like Call in Crew or railjack crew that implamenting this should not be to hard we even have the kahl controlling the crew but as you say it runs much deeper and all aspects should be considerd, however index this cant work and can be turnd off i guess. However there is other aspekt that should be good for DE financialy today most of us have favorite Frame we play 90% of the time, this way you would invest more in to 3 more frames like forma, looks, etc... (ching ching for DE)

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Ampathetiic said:

Celestial Twin was just nerfed for a very good reason. Specters exist if you want AI squadmates to run missions with you. Mastering a Warframe is supposed to involve actually playing the frame in order to encourage trying new things.

Yes... much play

So amaze.

57 minutes ago, -Legendzzz said:

thats great response and i agree what you are saying i did not consider all the angels thats why we have forums ;). I was thinking my idea was viable couse we allready do have lots of AI that allready does this stuff, like Call in Crew or railjack crew that implamenting this should not be to hard we even have the kahl controlling the crew but as you say it runs much deeper and all aspects should be considerd, however index this cant work and can be turnd off i guess. However there is other aspekt that should be good for DE financialy today most of us have favorite Frame we play 90% of the time, this way you would invest more in to 3 more frames like forma, looks, etc... (ching ching for DE)

Thanks, I appreciate you being cool about it, especially given many seem adverse. 

You do bring up a great point, a lot of similar technology and mechanics do already exist in the game, but often they are buggy and use arguably outdated tech, which brings issues. Like they are AI, they can be prone to bugs, if not made to do simple tasks.

Lets say you are doing a Spy with your proposed idea? Will they fail the mission for you? Or since there are three of them, will do they the mission perfectly? meaning you don't have to do anything? Either way would break the game. Disruption? Will they pick up the Key? What if they get stuck in a loop and won't insert the Key? Locking you from progress? What if they do activate it, but you aren't ready and they can't stop the Demolyst? What if you are on Interception, but Relics, and your team is too good and kills the enemies before they drop Reactant? 

The game, does already have Spectres, Wukong, Railjack Crew, but they are fairly simple, and more "bonuses" with highly specific tasks/functions they fulfil. If Railjack on Fire = Use Omnitool. If Railjack not on Fire = Do Foundry. Its pretty basic. Even then it can be buggy. 

Fun fact? The 1 star Spectres are arguably much better than the 4 star Spectres, for people that tend to care about such things, because you get far more from the blueprints, and they scale, meaning, its really better just to have a lot more of them. Also most of the meta Spectre choices tend to be just for their ability to buff you the player (Wisp, Nidus etc) so exists as functions, since they offer much as far as intelligent gameplay. Most of that is still dependent on the player. 

Archived