Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Platform Play IS LIVE!

[DE]Dudley

1 hour ago, (XBOX)THE NTT said:

I'm sure this has been reported, but

Xbox user here clicking links to weapon builds by PC players linked in chat results in "Link is from an old build and cannot be used"

I'm on PC and the same happened to me when clicking on Looks linked in chat from Xbox players

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Eye0fTyphoon said:

PC still talking about bad experiance of invitation bug, trading bug to be a experiment rat for more potential bug about what they don't need, and talking about why no test server, etc.

I guess something lure needs to PC players for them not to turn off CP.

Your issue with this philosophy, is technically only Xbox players benefit. You know from the low market pc prices, not yet, but eventually.

I just logged in to play some, I saw that crossplay was enabled today for testing.. Im in favor of it, but getting chewed out by xbox players in the recruit chat for not using numbers is complete GARBAGE.. Ive been playing the game steady for over 2 years now everyday at least 7 hours at a time and I dont have the foggiest Idea what the whole numbers thing is..

On PC we havent been using them if we are even able to..

Its not EVER been explained to me by ANYBODY in the past and these guys act like its something that we should just know.. if this is how CROSSPLAY is gonna be.. You can have it..

Dont be a jerk about this and assume ppl should just know what the heck your talking about...

I imagine there are a ton of things like this that are different between platforms.. It would be nice to get a HEADS up on this stuff before hand, maybe tutorials? Or something.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheWaterBoy said:

I just logged in to play some, I saw that crossplay was enabled today for testing.. Im in favor of it, but getting chewed out by xbox players in the recruit chat for not using numbers is complete GARBAGE.. Ive been playing the game steady for over 2 years now everyday at least 7 hours at a time and I dont have the foggiest Idea what the whole numbers thing is..

Its not EVER been explained to me by ANYBODY in the past and these guys act like its something that we should just know.. if this is how CROSSPLAY is gonna be.. You can have it..

Dont be a jerk about this and assume ppl should just know what the heck your talking about...

I imagine there are a ton of things like this that are different between platforms.. It would be nice to get a HEADS up on this stuff before hand, maybe tutorials? Or something.

Right click Ignore. People like that don't deserve your eyes.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Vaktalor said:

That would be great. Seeing it the way it is right now is a bit jarring. I'd rather see platform I con to the left of their name.

Completely agree.

6 hours ago, Silver00100 said:

Why are people complaining its unfinished and buggy? Thats the entire point of tests like this, to find and iron out bugs, they just shouldnt drop it because its not done yet

If its causing issues you can disable it in the system settings

Because it looks, and feels like they started coding this 3 weeks ago.

played 4-5 hours with a squad with 1 pc player and 3 xbox.

Did bountys on deimos, and some missions + relics + horend vaults, no lag and no issues for us.

The only "bug" is when u go to another platform user's orbiter, cause you cannot see any type of decoration. But thats minor.

Perfect experience for us, hoping for a friend system soon!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TheWaterBoy said:

With recruit exploding the way it is, I suggest some purple text explaining the number/letter methods -- at least until things start falling into place.

Not everyone on Xbox has a keyboard... Putting in a number is easier with controller, plus it's simple to send invites from one window instead of dozens. 

It's been really challenging to explain the system and reasons with chat  rolling through like a freight train like it is right now. I don't think I've ever seen it move so fast. 😂

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TheWaterBoy said:

Numbers is a community thing on xbox. I asked around and they explained that the host generates a random set of numbers arbitrarily, and those who want to join type the number into the public chat to get invited. While I dislike it cuz it clutters chat, it makes a ton of sense for console players, and so I didn't question/bash it any further.

I personally had a great time w/ "selective crossplay".

While random public joining seemed to be too slow, I was able to help with one specific Xbox user in a private squad. We also deduced that running on non-low graphics on Xbox is a detriment to load times. Could it be recommended that low graphics is set as the default for newer players (both pc and console), and those who want to turn up the graphics do so at their own risk? Save the frames, kill the beauty.

Shawzin autoplay doesn't seem to work btw. My PC like buddy can hear the shawzin, but the Xbox user couldn't hear the shawzin.

Aside: Xbox Console Companion works great for voicechat with Xbox players per usual.

42 minutes ago, (XBOX)Darkskytzo said:

i know..i can only imagine when all are involved.

ah, that's what u meant. I thought you were complaining you only saw xbox and pc. I didn't realize u were extrapolating your conclusion because u only saw xbox and pc. my bad.

With the I'd call successful test of PC/Xbox Crossplay showing the level of development of Crossplay, I was wondering are there any plans to keep this up indefinitely and then just to add PlayStation and switch to it, or will you test each platform individually with PC and then merge them together in the end? 

Just hoping for some insight on the application of the tests, and if Xbox and PC are already on the Cross Play you have planned. I know some features are missing, but honestly I feel they are minimum and could be fixed overtime after the initial release of Cross Play.

Since Cross Play is working for Xbox/PC minus some features could we then start testing Cross Save by allowing Xbox to Pc, then reverse. If Xbox and PC is the easiest to test why not start?

I know only a dev could answer this, but I wanted to throw it out there.

Not sure if this has been stated, there have been issues with the railjack missions being played and trying to access menus. What will happen is I will try to access the navigation and nothing will appear on my screen except for a few hud items and I cannot exit or open the start menu. Only having issues in the crossplay might be something to look into, only way I can get out is to close the game. Good work other than that pretty smooth test!

Edited by Lord_Onslaught7

Really enjoyed getting to play with pc tenno, connection was smooth hope I get to test crossplay with my ps5 with xbox and pc tenno soon, thank you DE for the opportunity to test and experience crossplay.

On a separate note would love if you could help with the screen tearing that occurs on ps5 when running at 1440p I don't get that issue on my series x.

Platform: Xbox

Scenario: Tricap

Squad: 3 PC, XB

Bug: After I (XB) left squad and went back to Obiter, I can still participate in previous chat squad (Tricap). I ran Void Fissure with random Public (XB + PC) and every time I came back to Obiter, game puts me back right in to the same Squad Chat (Tricap team).

I'm not sure this is only related to CrossPlay. Because long long time ago I ran into this bug before

1 hour ago, Portlalaland said:

I'm on PC. So far (3 missions), my teams have always been 3 PC and 1 Xbox players. Is that intentional? Anyone else got something different (i.e. 2PC, 2Xbox)?

No problem so far. Ping was about 100ms for an Xbox host one time (normal).

I'm on Xbox. My squad is varying (3XB 1PC, 2XB 2PC, 3PC - 1XB) 

19 minutes ago, (PSN)Alteric_Jeske said:

Big time fail not including PS4/5 in this, need to get the PC/PS4/5 crossplay up soon, got a friend on PC who I want to play with.

I don't think it's up to them, Sony is very restrictive about it, it always has been, they would never allow simple tests like now. I am confident that the crossplatform will also arrive on Playstation eventually when it is ready and (almost) free of bugs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 0x62 said:

Numbers is a community thing on xbox. I asked around and they explained that the host generates a random set of numbers arbitrarily, and those who want to join type the number into the public chat to get invited. While I dislike it cuz it clutters chat, it makes a ton of sense for console players, and so I didn't question/bash it any further.

It doesn't really make too much sense to me and it's totally a Xbox thing and not a console thing. Even on PS we would go H [insert relic] Rad 1/4 or LF... and all you have to do is click the person's name and type inv then the host would click on their name then click Invite. From what I've heard Switch doesn't do what Xbox does either. PS is the second largest community after PC and we don't use KBs either. 

Glad the test is going well and rapidly, in any case. I live in FL and my PS4 blew up so I'm just waiting for that cross save so I can actually start playing on my much, much better PC.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (PSN)GyroDriveSmasher said:

It doesn't really make too much sense to me and it's totally a Xbox thing and not a console thing. Even on PS we would go H [insert relic] Rad 1/4 or LF... and all you have to do is click the person's name and type inv then the host would click on their name then click Invite. From what I've heard Switch doesn't do what Xbox does either. PS is the second largest community after PC and we don't use KBs either. 

Glad the test is going well and rapidly, in any case. I live in FL and my PS4 blew up so I'm just waiting for that cross save so I can actually start playing on my much, much better PC.

If Xbox does like Other Platform:

Player A: H > Lith N8

Player B: (1. Click on Name > 2. Select "Talk" 3. Switch to PM tab > 4. Press X to type "Inv" then Enter > 5. waiting for the Respond)

but with numbering:

Player A: Lith N8 000

Player B: (1. Press X to type "000" then Enter > 2. Waiting for the inv for H, or move on to another host)

I'm not going to say Xbox way is better or anything. But we can adapt and choose the way that convenient to ourselves. 

3 hours ago, (XBOX)THE NTT said:

recruiting number spam (as do I). Its so much clear to just type "LF" and get invited or "H" and have ppl pm you and not see recruiting spammed with numbers.   

Really no PC man write down on recruting chat, but some of PC got invited by Xbox host.

BTW  what does H mean. I saw H for the first time today since I installed this game about 400+ days ago.