Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Platform Play IS LIVE!

[DE]Dudley

9 hours ago, HeavyDeception said:

So when playing with xbox players and hunting for a lich they assassinated me and not the lich lol I don't know how it happened. I was next to the lich when it happened.

did either of you have a rad proc? liches commonly give rad procs which enable friendly fire

• Like 1

PC Player here: I'll add that the critical things (text, connecting and playing together) work with no obvious errors.

-Orbiter invites work, but decorations are patchwork; some stuff can be seen (my roombas, both infested and merulina, floating cactus plant decoration) but other stuff (definitely my floofs, his eidolon articulae) are not visible to the other player.

-Cannot see cross platform profiles, looks or builds

-Cannot cross platform add friends

-When we were both at the camp area, we could talk to kahl and npc vendor. Couldn't actually shot, but would talk/zoom in and have options to talk to them.

-In the chamber at the back of the S#&$, clipping from the ship's world model or something appeared inside. No collision.

It was a very giddy moment playing with xbox players.

• Like 1

On 2022-10-07 at 6:20 PM, LunCorsair said:

In the relay visiting Baro today, I was unable to view the profiles of Xbox players, Not sure if this is a bug or not. It says server failed to connect. The Xbox players I talked to said the same thing

Cannot view profiles, cannot add friends, cannot trade, cannot invite to clans, cannot bring to clans, and either platform when visiting orbiters cannot view decorations EXCEPT for roomba’s and the roller floofs (aka beach balls from Dog Days event). 

This is also vice Versa if an Xbox player were to invite you. 

Edited by Halo
  • Like 1

One funny thing to add: 

While my Xbox friend was in my orbiter and I was messing with some decorations, picking up, slightly moving, then placing my Nidus Prime Noggle, it somehow came up for them. 

I initially thought it was due to me moving the object, and they thought it was supposed to be placing a new object all-together for someone from another platform to see it. 

I only picked it up, moved it slightly, and then placed it back, and they were able to see it. 

Unclear as to why only Nidus P's Noggle worked. 

This did not work with any other orbiter decor, and I tried everything (besides Maggots / Roomba's and the Roller Floof's). 

To add, no, Dormazone decor was also not visible to the incoming Xbox player, only my Maggots and Roomba's. 

I assume once full Cross-Platform comes, this will be fixed, just making note of it for now. 

Question about Xbox hosts: are enemy spawns lower on Xbox hosts than on PC hosts?

After playing some (~10?) Steel Path missions with crossplay enabled, I get this constant feeling that the enemy spawns are consistently lower on Xbox hosts than I usually get with PC hosts. It's especially noticeable on SP Survival and Defense missions.

This is extremely anecdotal and may be a fruit of my bias as a PC player, so that's why I'm asking for confirmation (or not) of what I just said.

• Like 2

PC player here, so far there's been a few issues with the bounties on Deimos enemies not loading, objectives being marked but not fully loading (for example defend the area bounty percentage and timer not showing up nor the enemies), for the grineer bounty the player percentage of kills randomly dropping from around 70% all the way to 7%, and lastly this one may be a coincidence but I rarely get more than one Ayatan amber star as a bounty reward yet every time I was in a group with xbox players it was 3-4 each time again this one may just be an RNG coincidence but it felt as if the drop table for those bounties was off. Overall I think the concept is great and will get more people playing I do hope you run this test for longer maybe a solid week to really see all the bugs and issues

3 hours ago, p_silveira said:

Question about Xbox hosts: are enemy spawns lower on Xbox hosts than on PC hosts?

After playing some (~10?) Steel Path missions with crossplay enabled, I get this constant feeling that the enemy spawns are consistently lower on Xbox hosts than I usually get with PC hosts. It's especially noticeable on SP Survival and Defense missions.

This is extremely anecdotal and may be a fruit of my bias as a PC player, so that's why I'm asking for confirmation (or not) of what I just said.

I don't have any correct/right answer for your question. However, I can say you aren't imagining things.

The Mob is ALWAYS lower on console side. For example: ESO (Solo), I can easily reach 8th Zone on PC with 80% efficiency left, but on Xbox (with the exact same build) I barely reach 7th Zone. And if somehow, I reach 8th Zone, I would complete it with  10 - 25% efficiency left.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, CrossMind said:

I don't have any correct/right answer for your question. However, I can say you aren't imagining things.

The Mob is ALWAYS lower on console side. For example: ESO (Solo), I can easily reach 8th Zone on PC with 80% efficiency left, but on Xbox (with the exact same build) I barely reach 7th Zone. And if somehow, I reach 8th Zone, I would complete it with  10 - 25% efficiency left.

call it luck of the draw, seems the spawn count gets lower in missions in general if an older console is the host, which i never noticed a problem with before the crossplay.

I’m having a bit of a problem in crossplay

I literally haven't seen a single pc player in any of the chats since this went live. Cross play is enabled as you can see at the top of the picture below, but all i’m seeing in chat are xbox players.
I have already tried setting my in-game settings to default, and I've even tried hopping into my pc account to try and message myself and it doesn't work. What's happening?

I thought it was happening to all of the xbox players, but turns out it's just me. I also can't message anyone in any squads I'm in, nothing get's through, even if i'm with only xbox players.

Oh, also, when i turn off cross play all of the chats stop working completely, meaning i can’t even see xbox players in the recruiting or q & a.

PQJGnut.png

*EDIT* I figured out what the problem was. It was an xbox setting. The outside communication setting was set to in-game friends. It's working properly now.

96UCN1z.jpg

Edited by (XBOX)Mentor0fHeroes
  • Like 3

I have to say "Thank you" to the devs for this.  It was great to be able to play with my friend from PC frame.

We tried regular missions, railjack, and Deimos vaults without any major issues.  Railjack Veil Proxima corpus freightlinker objectives were not interactable for me on Xbox as host.

Other than that it was smooth.  Hell, even the Discord thing worked on my potato-box (original Xbox one.)

First issue I've experienced:

4 players - 3 xbox, 1 pc.... One of the xbox players was Host

Relic run on Europa Exterminate, normal starchart

As soon as mission complete message popped up, PC player got booted from game (the "head to extraction message" when enough enemies killed)

We finished the mission with jus tthe xbox players.
re-invited him for a second run

same thing happened the second time - as soon as "head to extraction" msg from lotus, boom he got kicked.

Cross Play tests excite me for when there is a finished product. I will say that I found the XBox icon by the player's name while in a relay to be quite nice.

I look forward to when trade/dojo is tested. And here is why:

I have a PC and XBox account. The both have the same player name and email address attached to the accounts. (My brother-in-law's is in the same boat.)

We talk about this all the time and wonder how this will be dealt with when Cross Save is worked on. We both agreed that IF someone were in this boat; THEN there should be an ability to share inventories. I know many games allow shared inventories between characters on same accounts. But I do not know of any that share across platforms.

At the very least there should be a way to consolidate the accounts into one account. BUT I will admit, this is gonna be something that will take a while to not only make happen but to make it work.

Anyways...next time there is a test I will see if I can even log both in at the same time and put them both in a squad. So guess that means I need to update my XBox. HA!

Edited by Delasoul76

I play on Xbox and my friend plays on pc. He joined my squad and that worked fine, but when we tried to start a mission everything was normal on my end until the mission actually started. It showed we were still in a squad and I saw his ship in the load screen but when I got there he wasn't in the squad anymore. On his end he said everything was normal until just before the load screen. We hit mission start, waited for the countdown but instead of going into the load screen he said his screen went black and he just blipped back into his obiter like nothing had happened, and he didn't get any kind of error or anything for it. We tried a couple times and the same thing kept happening. I don't know if this matters or not but, we were trying to do a meso relic interception. I hope this feedback helps, I can't wait for cross-play to be ready. Good luck DE!

On 2022-10-07 at 7:00 AM, HeavyDeception said:

So when playing with xbox players and hunting for a lich they assassinated me and not the lich lol I don't know how it happened. I was next to the lich when it happened.

I think this is normal: someone was probably affected by radiation proc, and so they were able to backstab you.

Unless it was fully the lich assassination's animation.

Been playing quite a bit this weekend and integration has worked smoothly for me. While the first test resulted in a lot of failures to connect, that has stopped entirely - at least for the normal stuff, like fissures or basic missions, as those are all I did.

I see that someone here had issues with fissures specifically, or fully radiant relic runs, but I can't confirm this on my end - and I did a lot of those, most of them in mixed squads or even with me as the only PC player.

The only issues that popped up where the usual ones, i.e. players putting in the wrong relic or dropping out, or the occasional connection issue, plus of course host switching during the load-in to the mission (which turned out fine every single time today). But none of this happened in higher frequency than normal, and I could not see any correlation to whether it was a mixed squad or not.

To my surprise an Xbox player actually managed to invite a bunch of us into his dojo (as guests). I wasn't aware this was possible just yet. (It looked amazing, by the way. I hope to see it pop up in a future dojo showcase.)

So far the greatest benefit to me is how much easier it is to get a full squad when playing on public, regardless of time of day (or night). :D Getting excited now for this.

Please keep up the great work! <3

I've noticed that many Xbox players leave after only one round of an endless mission. I'm not sure if there is a bug causing this or if they are accustomed to a different drop table or something. It's bad enough that I've turned off cross play to avoid this issue. 

Just a quick update on my personal experience whilst in numerous squads with PC players. I am on Xbox and can see the PC icon beside the players name but cannot see any messages from them. This is also the case when I am in squads. I will send and receive messages from other Xbox players but nothing from PC Players. Having checked with other Xbox players they can see messages from PC players but unfortunately I cannot.

Cross Platform Play - is checked on

Chat - all options checked on

It is possible another setting is the offender here so posting to see if any other player has encountered this issue and have a fix or worryingly is it a me issue. :(

DE please log

Thanks