Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Already lost interest in Kahl's Missions

DreisterDino

17 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

Regarding the loot part, i had a thought about all these collectables you have to find. It just feels so unrewarding even though you get stock for it.

When you go out to find Ayatan sculptures, you have a sculpture after the mission.

When you are looking for Voidplumes, you have them after the mission and can spend them on different things.

Hell, even when you are going for Kurias - you unlock some lore and a Glyph eventually.

But these collectables? 15 stock and nothing else. At least for me, it feels really unrewarding and random.

If DE really wants to have collectables, i think it would feel much better if we would have to find stuff we can actually use, not a K-Drive and a Toolbox. For example grineer or corpus weapons which would get added to our Arsenal to chose from after we found them. As long as these are not powercreeped (at least for now, this part of the game is balanced), it would be just an option you could go for if you are into this part of the game.

Just my opinion, i guess some people might feel forced to do it even if its completely optional, but for me it would be an improvement compared to "ah a useless toolbox, great, until next week when i have to find it again".

Yeah, some form of uhm "physical" reward would be cool. I like the idea of the weapons. Expanding on the system like that would be a good way to give us both a loot hunt and keeping the system balanced. Since we'd likely only get basic weapons much like the grakata and arch guns there would be little risk of power creep, because no mods would be included to mess things up. I wouldnt mind if we could loot jetpack improvements or something similar aswell, making it cost less fuel, ascend faster or something. Different types of grenades would be cool aswell.

I wonder how many times Kahl will lose his "favorite" floof and we'll need to go fetch it for him. Because that is what real soldier care about, bringing their floof with them and losing it in a crash so they need to get distracted from the primary objective in order to find that precious floof. 

How to kill immersion 101: A guide by DE.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Zero_029 said:

To which I say...no. Clem needed to die in TNW and never return. He is a Meme, he hasn't aged well. 

Sorry but that has to be a really hard no, especially since the creator of Clem has passed away recently. Clem is a perfect reminder how DE isn’t above stuff like other companies and is willing to insert community creations and memes.

Something I hope they may do with a somewhat recent meme involving a community created cephalon…

”Praised be the oscillating one!”

1 hour ago, (PSN)reddragonhrcro said:

Sorry but that has to be a really hard no, especially since the creator of Clem has passed away recently.

I did not know that. May he/she rest in peace.

I wonder if that's why Clem's not involved in the plotline beyond that one quest?

Well, besides being a meme character, there isn't much you can do narratively with memes. If you develop them/go too far they lose their meaning and cease to be what they represent.

Clem is a perfect reminder how DE isn’t above stuff like other companies and is willing to insert community creations and memes.

Which is fine. I don't "hate" Clem. Having him as a Vender or aesthetic NPC impo is fine. 

But a meme as a pivotal character... 😬

It worries me because well we end up in these situations where the meme kind of becomes a thorn in the lore's side.

Me too.  The gameplay bad and the objective really annoying for OCD player like me. I have a lot of anxiety each time i replaying that mode.

The nerf on Wukong is no problem for me because i used him only for Rescue or Spy sometimes. The nerf on ammo is no problem too because i have a lot of different Loadout to encounter any enemy level or faction. As long as the Modding is right i just need a little magazine or ammo.

Then damage attenuation really punish the Modding system idea. Look on the Archon Hunt, random frame and weapon bonus is cool. But it's just a display and useless. Most player will search the faster strategy or we call it as meta. Like just use Ivara and Kuva Hek to one shoot 'em LOL, Arbitration 2.0 i guess. 😂

But... back on the topic, this Kahl mission or i call as anti Warframe mode is rise up again. I hate how the clunky the gameplay is. The objective is really not fit for me, and it's not cumulative objective (pfff). I decide to take a break or maybe quit for a while. Actually i decrease my playtime since the Zariman arrived. Look on the Bounty with "ability disabled" LMAO what a joke. Im done with every mode that has an objective to search and collect. Good luck finding your item DE! :))

Thanks for this 4 years, i will miss using all my Warframe (ability) especially my Equinox ❤️
i'll be back if i could use all my Warframe for each and every mode that available. Stay to what makes Warframe great and the answer is Warframe! 😉

On 2022-10-09 at 2:13 PM, (XBOX)ONI LawIiet said:

never had interest in the first place, in all my years of warframe that content is the only one I have straight up ignored / checked out on due to no interest. 

I play warframe to play my warframe thank you and use all the things I have grinded for years and spend hundreds / thousands of dollars on.

that's why attenuation sucks so bad, it invalidates all the effort we already invested with DE, we gave you our time effort and money ages ago, we continue to, and they just arbitrarily disregard the time and investment of the players

then why should I invest anything?

I blame the playerbase for this. You wanted unrestricted powercreep "always buff, never nerf", DE wants players to stay invested in the game without growing bored nuking the same thing over and over again and quitting forever, so they added compromises in an attempt to appeal to you while trying to keep the game interesting. DE is well aware we have weapons capable of 1shotting almost anything, hell even some of them are strong enough to reach level cap in Steel Path.

You can't look at Corpus Nullifiers, who were hated back in the day, and think they would've been added regardless if DE reeled in the ridiculous nuke cheese some frames have. They added damage attenuation to try and make the enemies they worked hard on to be more challenging instead of just another cardboard cutout you're supposed to shoot at once and then extract. Would they have needed to do that if people like you wouldn't lose your mind if they nerfed multiple guns, and DPS frames, into the ground?

And now they're adding more content and quests where you spend less time in your frame to have a more balanced gameplay experience, ergo Kahl Of Duty.

I remember a time, when founders packs were still a thing, that the gameplay didn't boil down to who brought Saryn/Mesa and painted the room with one button. I remember when ammo economy actually meant something and you had to be mindful of holding the button down and wasting it. I remember when you had to be careful with spamming abilities since energy didn't rain down from the sky or be generated by yourself unless you had a Trinity or were willing to mass produce energy pizzas. I remember when the most powerful weapon used to be Soma using a rainbow elemental build, and even that was still extremely weak compared to what we have now.

This game's current state of balance is a nightmare of our own creation, and the sooner you come to terms with that, the sooner DE might stop doing things you don't like.

Gargabe content like "Kahl missions" kills the game for me. I play Warframe to actually play with MY WARFRAMES not "Kahl" or some other S#&$ in the same category. 

So DE think it's a good idea to put 50% of the shards you can get weekly behind fking "Kahl" mission!??! REALLY!?? ARE YOU SERIOUS!? You think people will be happy doing same "KAHL" missions every week for xx weeks? It was NOT even that great/fun the first time.

DE, please..... W A R F R A M E!!!

If you want to add alternative content its great if done like that quest with the operator... you did it ONCE and then back to your warframes. But this Kahl S#&$... this is next level stupid. Every week... shoot me!

1 hour ago, XkillsQQNinja said:

Gargabe content like "Kahl missions" kills the game for me. I play Warframe to actually play with MY WARFRAMES not "Kahl" or some other S#&$ in the same category. 

So DE think it's a good idea to put 50% of the shards you can get weekly behind fking "Kahl" mission!??! REALLY!?? ARE YOU SERIOUS!? You think people will be happy doing same "KAHL" missions every week for xx weeks? It was NOT even that great/fun the first time.

DE, please..... W A R F R A M E!!!

If you want to add alternative content its great if done like that quest with the operator... you did it ONCE and then back to your warframes. But this Kahl S#&$... this is next level stupid. Every week... shoot me!

Guess what, it’s optional. You can still get shards from Archons and ignore all this if you don’t like it. Yes you will get things slower but that’s what it is so deal with it. 
There are people who want diversity in gameplay like this, more content is always better than less.

Guess what, it’s optional. You can still get shards from Archons and ignore all this if you don’t like it. Yes you will get things slower but that’s what it is so deal with it. 
There are people who want diversity in gameplay like this, more content is always better than less.

More content is absolutely not always better. Especially with crossplay coming. This game is already a buggy catastrophe, and now updates and patches take weeks or months to fix critical issues.

The game is too bloated for DE to maintain it in a state resembling stability.

And the optional argument falls flat when the whole game is optional. The Kahl garbage blocks off half of the archon shards- the latest power creep. In a game that is essentially power creep, mobility, grind, and glitches, Kahl isn’t just “more content.”  He’s not safely skippable. He’s an endless grind. A weekly chore on one of three maps, with the vast majority of his challenges involving scraping the floor of a massive map that was originally built for a character at least twice as fast as he is.

Remove the shards from Kahl and watch how quickly this change of pace dries up. 

Kahl is a chore.

Its even more boring and infuriating with new bugs coming with every new mission. Not testing stuff and waste our time.

And still no cumulative progression since sometimes you can search every nook and corner and still not find all collectable, i'm sure since day 1 that some don't even pop, or do under mesh. There is still a lot of containers / medallions that are placed underground and unreachable. Never got fixed. I don't expect it will be for kahl of chorey any time soon when they are more busy adding new bugs.

Kahl is a "#¤%  "#¤%%"#¤.

The first stealth mission I played twice to get everything. Since then, I have not been able to get myself to do the mission more than once per week, even if I miss some objects. The missions are chore that I wouldn't touch with a long stick without that shard there. I have skipped all blue shards as I do not get 90 points per week and I think will, from now on, cut the accumlation of the latest upgrade method (the shards) in half, because I either stop doing those stupid "#¤%% missions or I stop playing WF.

1) What is going on with the "shooting the ships with ship cannon". I was shooting all the time during the flying phase, didn't hit ANYTHING? I DID get one ship down, but I have no clue how. Not a single ship HP went down or anything. Sometimes the targetting reticle was red, sometimes yellow, the weeny tiny bullets seemed to go towards ships, but I just got one ship killed, and I don't even know how it happened. Previously it did not matter, the whole flying part did not matter, but FIX the gun if you want to use it as weekly mission target.

2) It is SUCH a horrible feeling to be running around with useless, slow, stupid guy without any abilities. I want to play with the tools I have gathered. Operator doesn't hurt me that badly, it is nowadays pretty usable toolkit and you do not need to use him except in some story missions (and few specific places in Zariman). But Kahl is just "#¤% horrible to use. I got through the story quest with him thinking that he is a cool character, but already at Teshin was hoping I would not need to play as someone else than myself anymore. Now DE thinks I need to run multiple runs every week with this stupid idiot that can't move, and cant do anything.

3) Why are the MAIN mission targets to play egghunt? I mean, I play warframe to fight stuff etc. Why 95% of my mission run times I run around in circles like a headless chicken, looking behind every door, every "#¤% nook and cranny? I mean, ANYTHING else would be better. Even just trying to learn to play the ergh future ukulele or something. Especially the sentient ship mission is just horrible time waste.

4) And even if I run completely around the ship, I tend to miss things. Last week did not find one tag, this week did not see the floof. At least, if they can't completely change the game, put some table to be seen by player, that shows the EXACT amount of EVERY quest collectible for the room you are in. And WARN when moving forward from the room that "you have not found everything yet". Or better yet, just show everything on the minimap as icons. It couldn't make the missions any worse at least. 

5) The fight vs wolf of saturn six is stupid. The second I set my feet down, he charges right next to me to hit and set me on fire. So I just step down as far as possible from him, and get up in the air the moment I have full backpack power. I continue this until my teammates have killed him. Which takes ages. It is useless and dumb fight. The other two mission main fights are not much better, but at least the thumper fight has some redeeming things.

I can't fathom how anyone at DE thought "yes, this is what our players wanted" when we said Kahl is great character. I don't have ANY interest in developing him, changing those clothes on him (except to hide his ugly face" or do anything with him. Except that half of the latest upgrade feature is locked behind him.

Thanks DE, this was exactly the best place to add that second shard option per week.  

Am 18.10.2022 um 22:13 schrieb sunderthefirmament:

Remove the shards from Kahl and watch how quickly this change of pace dries up. 

Ignoring the fact that not many even stated that they like this collectable-hunt (in this topic i think there are 1 or 2 people who said this), i wonder if anyone would continue to do it if there wasnt a shard they can get at some point - or if all of them would just stop playing too like your post suggests.

I could get most of the unique rewards (didnt need Styanax) in a reasonable time while ignoring the majority of the collectables (only did some on the first mission, ignored it completely since then) - so i also assume that if this wasnt required to get the shard weekly, many of the people claiming they enjoy it would just stop doing it aswell.

48 minutes ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

Oh, so now people want to "play WARFRAME" but that wasn't a problem when Railjack(off), Necramechs and operators were introduced? Yeah, well, you all could have joined me telling DE about warframe being a great because of warframes before we ended at the logical conclusion to years of poor decisions. Is it too little too late? I guess we'll see...

Anyway, off topic but did they at least do something about ludicrously overpowered AoE guns yet?

There were similar complaints for those side content type updates, but at least our frames and arsenals played some role there. 

And yes, DE has reduced the range of Primed Firestorm and nerfed AOE by focusing most on ammo scarcity. 

55 minutes ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

Oh, so now people want to "play WARFRAME" but that wasn't a problem when Railjack(off), Necramechs and operators were introduced? Yeah, well, you all could have joined me telling DE about warframe being a great because of warframes before we ended at the logical conclusion to years of poor decisions. Is it too little too late? I guess we'll see...

Anyway, off topic but did they at least do something about ludicrously overpowered AoE guns yet?

Those things still involved our Warframes and had progression mechanics. It's not the same. Don't muddy this with RJ whining.

RJ also had far more fans. I barely see anyone defending Kahl missions. 

• 4 weeks later...

Yes you are alone.

Guys in here complaining about variety when literally all the game has to offer is grind. Sure, there's a lot to do, but the variety is limited. Kahl missions are good, my only gripe with them is the hidden items sometimes being too hidden when I find myself playing 40 min missions to end up with multiple 4/5s even tho I'm meticulous. 

Archived