Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Already lost interest in Kahl's Missions

DreisterDino

If this was a one off quest, with 3 parts, I think it would be fine. But the repetition is what kills it. I know Bounties are the same but at least each time you play there is something unique, the tile set, enemy spawn etc. But doing the same mission, with the same puzzles, the same enemy movement, its boring.

I got the mods, weapons and ephemera. I can wait to get the shards from the Archon mission. 

I'm done.

The gameplay itself isn't good at all (it's a terrible third person shooter experience), the mission design and map design are pretty bad (overly scripted and no dynamic nature to the mission design), it offers no real customization of weapons or equipment, and the story is just plain bad imo.

IMO there should be more Kahl missions, but at the same time there's still the incentive for players to pursue the "perfect run": all side objectives, record time, no deaths etc in a single attempt, and with enough practice, this may be possible, at least to a degree. for a true completionist (not me), this can be tempting.

personally I only need a couple archon mods and the Fog of War Ephemera: I'll likely end up buying the Afentis with my next coupon and I'm not so desperate for the shards as to keep running Kahl missions religiously: the Archon hunts are far more engaging for me because it feels more challenging than Kahl's missions and I enjoy fighting the high level Sentients, so I only get shards from there really anyway.

the problem is that DE will likely never introduce any alternate ways to get Stock or archon shards, because it would invalidate this content that they've worked on, so this is how it's gonna be, you want Stock, you play as Kahl. you want Shards, you play as Kahl. you want more shards? you do Archon hunts; that's it.

9 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

Am i alone with this?

Let me start with saying that i enjoyed TNW and Kahls section and that i was looking forward to this and some different gameplay. I also want to point out that i am not after efficiency in Warframe, so i have no problem with missions taking some time to do or missions just "feeling slower". But after one rotation, i think i have seen enough already. Why is it like that?

1. no variety

In Warframe we have to repeat missions over and over again, sure thats nothing new. But here, we have only 3 different missions, and DE already said they will not add any more and just focus on the three missions we have. What makes this more of a problem for me is the fact that every mission plays out exactly the same each time. In regular Warframe, at least i can make it different and keep it interesting by switching Warframes, Weapons, my Playstyle. Not here though. We even get the same weapons at the same time each time (for example, you always get the Exergis after completing the little "puzzle"). Edit: Hell, even the enemys spawn at the same location each time.

2. collectables

a) a few of them would have been ok, and some like removing Veils are actually implemented well and fit thematically i would say. But besides that this feels like one big, annoying and boring Easter-Egg Hunt. And imo it distracts from the original mission way too much. I am sure not one single person who enjoyed the gameplay in TNW said "i wish DE made me look for random collectables in every possible corner of the map".

b) The Topic in which DE said they want to make the progress of collectables cumulative is almost one month ago now. I dont know why it is so difficult to change this (tbh i dont even think it is, probably just not a priority for them), but imo this is one of the most needed changes if they really want to keep this so focussed on collectables. I expected this to be part of a Hotfix one or two weeks after the announcement, but ok. At first i was kinda looking forward to this, but at this point i dont even care anymore, it doesnt address the underlying issues, it only makes it slightly more bearable.

To keep me interested, they really have to make changes to the basic structure of the missions (not gonna happen, i know^^).

1. Regarding variety: Either let us chose or have a rotation of the characters which are part of the camp and the weapons we get to use.

2. regarding collectables: i personally would just remove the majority of this and look for other tasks, because again, this is not what people liked about TNW. Quote from myself addressing DE in the mentioned topic :

Reveal hidden contents

You asked this question related to AoE:

Maybe, you should turn this into this when deciding if challenges are good or bad:

Because all these tasks make it so that if you really want to do them, you basically stop playing the mission itself. If i wanted to finish the rest now, i wouldnt care about the mission anymore - i would only run around and try to find those collectables until i got them and then return to the mission once i am done. Just one task like removing the Veils would be fine (and that one is implemented best, you can basically still do it while you do the mission because if you just pay a little attention, you will notice them) but this is just too much with a bad implementation on top.

To be honest, i am surprised myself how quickly i lost interest in this and how DE managed to miss the core of what people liked about it (again) and why they wanted more. I already ignored the whole collectable stuff after the first time, i was only doing what i wanted to do and "didnt burn myself out" - still it was enough to get bored.

The missions are always the same, no changes except some boring challenges, DE should just abandon this and visualize a Grineer VS Corpus PVP 

2 hours ago, Champagne_23 said:

If not for the Archon shards, these look at the ground for stuff simulator missions would have been already buried and forgotten.

Yep.  Just spent 52 minutes combing the ground for the last gene tag.  FUN.

Eventually found it after scouring the map twice, and heading back to spawn from just outside extraction.  FUN.

Loaded in to get the last remaining challenge and cleared the mission in 5ish minutes.  These missions are thoroughly unenjoyable, and they get worse with repetition.

12 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

2. collectables

a) a few of them would have been ok, and some like removing Veils are actually implemented well and fit thematically i would say. But besides that this feels like one big, annoying and boring Easter-Egg Hunt. And imo it distracts from the original mission way too much. I am sure not one single person who enjoyed the gameplay in TNW said "i wish DE made me look for random collectables in every possible corner of the map".

b) The Topic in which DE said they want to make the progress of collectables cumulative is almost one month ago now. I dont know why it is so difficult to change this (tbh i dont even think it is, probably just not a priority for them), but imo this is one of the most needed changes if they really want to keep this so focussed on collectables. I expected this to be part of a Hotfix one or two weeks after the announcement, but ok. At first i was kinda looking forward to this, but at this point i dont even care anymore, it doesnt address the underlying issues, it only makes it slightly more bearable.

very true, it been like this when other games did this which we didn't take this politely take it A.O.K which most players has serious issues hate "Finding Waldo" all over again including looking for the annoying key code for it felt like they are trying force him into mission in single spot but reality he is stuck between PTSD need to collect which I find it hard believed he just stealth into factory when he was fine at 1st in PoE which everyone had fun with him until limitation walls kick in.  between the fun when the 1st day he came in was hell lot fun but when throwing him into mission feel like chore and restriction just alot of it.

13 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Sweet Christ no.  The only redeemable thing about those minigames is that I can safely skip them.

I was joking. 🤣

13 hours ago, trst said:

Those already have exclusive items. All the minigames give a decoration and Conclave has all the weapon skins, a syandana, and armor sets you can't get from the market.

Though it would be neat to see some kind of evergreen reward thrown into them as well.

I did know about Conclave (and I don't think it's worth my effort) but I didn't know about the posters from Wyrmius and Fappy Zephyr.

Yes, evergreen rewards would be nice. That was what I had in mind (even though I was only joking).

13 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I know there's a reason for DE to make it a "theme park" with countless attractions.

"Why are these fools-ackk! (cough choke gag)"
6jebp5.gif
Warframe Golf when? 😼

They won't address this.  The break narmer sub forum is almost entirely negative and it doesn't matter.

The FOMO and draw of the shards is making people play content they hate, DE sees the engagement numbers and then doesn't care.  They do not care if it's not fun.  They don't care if people hate it.  They care if we keep doing it, and since most of us want shards, most of us will keep playing and then venting about it in that forum they've probably never even opened.

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

They won't address this.  The break narmer sub forum is almost entirely negative and it doesn't matter.

The FOMO and draw of the shards is making people play content they hate, DE sees the engagement numbers and then doesn't care.  They do not care if it's not fun.  They don't care if people hate it.  They care if we keep doing it, and since most of us want shards, most of us will keep playing and then venting about it in that forum they've probably never even opened.

Absolutely. All of us do it for the shards. None of us need em, but warframe mental conditioning wins out. Till burn out anyways.

Kahl's missions are definitely a step back into the dark ages of Warframe. It's like they took all the knowledge and feedback given over the many years of Warframe and decided to dumpster it in this new mode. Why are we back to super slow movement? Why are we back to hunting down items with no radar and no vacuum? No gameplay customization? No weapon choice? No ability choice, not even swapping sets of abilities like you do by swapping Warframes? Who thought this would be engaging for any duration?

I'll be honest. I didn't like this mode the moment I played the first mission, and it's only become worse over time. Its only saving grace is you only have to dedicate one hour to it a week, and even then I might just stop playing it entirely in a couple weeks.

Crap, just realized that they won't even let us skip a Kahl mission we don't like.  The new Archon Sortie is up, but my Kahl mission is still stuck at Sneaky Sabotage.  Gotta say, I really do not enjoy this new "you play how I tell you to, and you will like it!" approach this new team is taking the game...

I like the slow pace of Kahl's missions, breaking veils, and getting a whole grineer squad at your beck and call. It's fun! What I don't like is the scavenger hunt that's forced on you. I've always maintained that scavenger hunting should be completely optional, but it seems this game mode was designed around the concept and it's just not that enjoyable (at least for me). It's nice they're going to make the tasks cumulative eventually, but right now it just seems like busy work just to force some form of engagement.

I still enjoy the missions just for playable Grineer, but the copy pasted levels are kind of disappointing. I think these missions desperately need the random tile set design that normal missions have. It could be implemented as Kahl being tasked with raiding a Narmer controlled Grineer/ Corpus ship or installation for whatever reason. This would give the much desired DOOM Kahl experience everyone was clamoring for back when Kahl was first revealed and solve the copy paste feel of these missions.  

4 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

I was joking. 🤣

I did know about Conclave (and I don't think it's worth my effort) but I didn't know about the posters from Wyrmius and Fappy Zephyr.

Yes, evergreen rewards would be nice. That was what I had in mind (even though I was only joking).

"Why are these fools-ackk! (cough choke gag)"
6jebp5.gif
Warframe Golf when? 😼

I can't breath lmao. I was just scrolling up after posting and just about died reading that paired with that gif.

I personally would prefer an alternate way of acquiring the currency with a similar weekly cap... allows people who enjoys scavenger hunts to do so, while others can do something else.

People like to say that 'we' already play content we don't like, however, that isn't even true for a lot of things as you can already earn the rewards by other means. For instance, I found Eidolons to be a boring excuse of a set of 'bosses', yet I have every arcane maxed... did I farm Eidolons? No. Barely did a dozen 3x. I could have farmed them, but they were so boring that I didn't even bother. Eventually we got multiple alternate paths in addition to anyone being able to just trade for them anyways. A lot of things are like this, you can either get it off the market, buy it off a player, or it already drops in multiple places.

vor 20 Stunden schrieb DreisterDino:

Am i alone with this?

Let me start with saying that i enjoyed TNW and Kahls section and that i was looking forward to this and some different gameplay. I also want to point out that i am not after efficiency in Warframe, so i have no problem with missions taking some time to do or missions just "feeling slower". But after one rotation, i think i have seen enough already. Why is it like that?

1. no variety

In Warframe we have to repeat missions over and over again, sure thats nothing new. But here, we have only 3 different missions, and DE already said they will not add any more and just focus on the three missions we have. What makes this more of a problem for me is the fact that every mission plays out exactly the same each time. In regular Warframe, at least i can make it different and keep it interesting by switching Warframes, Weapons, my Playstyle. Not here though. We even get the same weapons at the same time each time (for example, you always get the Exergis after completing the little "puzzle"). Edit: Hell, even the enemys spawn at the same location each time.

2. collectables

To keep me interested, they really have to make changes to the basic structure of the missions (not gonna happen, i know^^).

1. Regarding variety: Either let us chose or have a rotation of the characters which are part of the camp and the weapons we get to use.

2. regarding collectables: i personally would just remove the majority of this and look for other tasks, because again, this is not what people liked about TNW. Quote from myself addressing DE in the mentioned topic :

Unsichtbaren Inhalt anzeigen

Maybe, you should turn this into this when deciding if challenges are good or bad:

Because all these tasks make it so that if you really want to do them, you basically stop playing the mission itself. If i wanted to finish the rest now, i wouldnt care about the mission anymore - i would only run around and try to find those collectables until i got them and then return to the mission once i am done. Just one task like removing the Veils would be fine (and that one is implemented best, you can basically still do it while you do the mission because if you just pay a little attention, you will notice them) but this is just too much with a bad implementation on top.

To be honest, i am surprised myself how quickly i lost interest in this and how DE managed to miss the core of what people liked about it (again) and why they wanted more. I already ignored the whole collectable stuff after the first time, i was only doing what i wanted to do and "didnt burn myself out" - still it was enough to get bored.

it's all about the guns, isn't it? and the guns are bad?...
You can certainly buy mods super cheap later if you actually need them (with which warframe?!).
and we got a new warframe.
the shards can't be tauforged? hence...

so i got the strange spear and never play it again!

I'll be honest, I'm not really liking Kahl missions. First off apart from the ephemera, I don't think the mods there are worth using. I thought that Arcane Flow would work similar to Exothermic but I'm still having trouble getting it to proc.

Secondly, I'd prefer to actually be in my chosen frame helping Kahl than being Kahl. But that's just me.

26 minutes ago, (PSN)Pragmatic_2015 said:

I'll be honest, I'm not really liking Kahl missions. First off apart from the ephemera, I don't think the mods there are worth using. I thought that Arcane Flow would work similar to Exothermic but I'm still having trouble getting it to proc.

Secondly, I'd prefer to actually be in my chosen frame helping Kahl than being Kahl. But that's just me.

i think arcane stretch is probably the most versitle of all the archon mods and closest to being a must have

Wisp is quite a common frame to encounter in the wild so her electricity mote will give you constant energy regen

Yep also lost interest. Did so the moment the cycle started to repeat. It was all decently fun the first time over, but it is just so boring now. If I had known they were going to implement this based on how well recieved Kahl was in TNW I would have instead lied and said I hated the Kahl segment of TNW.

Worst part with the whole garrison thing is that they are going to add more crap to it. Ugh.

On 2022-10-09 at 12:17 PM, DreisterDino said:

Am i alone with this?

1. no variety

2. collectables

Reveal hidden contents

Just recycled filler content. I’ll still do the bare minimum for my extra weekly shard. DE should have had more missions ready though before releasing this update. Too few variations to be on rotation. 

Two of the missions are bearable, mainly due to the jet pack giving me those Firefall vibes, and having a swarm of henchmen means I don't have to wrestle with the grakata to kill things too often (having a choice between a handful of grineer weapons would have been nice). But the stealth mission is complete and utter garbage from my perspective.

I wish we had the choice between all missions, either to play each mission once per week, or one of our choice each week. This unskippable sequence is only getting really old really fast.

Archived