Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New War just made me uninstall after 7 years playing (MR30)

ArxDurusMaximus

4 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

Oh wow, didn't think I'd get to see one of those again.

Complaining about how nonsensical the story is ? Of course not ! It's another "I can't get through a couple hours of something different because I have the patience of a chimp on cocaine, and I can't beat the bosses because I have the hand-eye coordination and general game knowledge of a newborn gerbil" thread.

My man must have spent hundreds upon hundreds of hours doing the exact same warframe gameplay, but hasn't picked up the slightest amount of skill to deal with video-games' most basic bosses, and still can't bear to get away from the exact same routine even for a few moments.

Am I being a little mean ? Maybe, but it feels appropriate.

Yeah, you're a troll.  You have nothing worthwhile to contribute.  A sad, pathetic little troll.  Go back under your bridge, troll.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Because the best way to explain is in video format, not the written word.

The best way for most people but not all. Some people crochet and knit from a video instead of a pattern. Always seems insane to me. Pattern can be short and sweet and condensed as opposed to playing hours of videos while you follow along.

I didn’t mean the videos tho. I meant telling people if you stopped wasting time complaining here, you could have spent the time instead and finished the quest. If I could’ve finished already, I would’ve.

Back when I was a baby Tenno and videos couldn’t help me with Maroo’s ayatan hunt or Lua puzzles, I should’ve known this wouldn’t end well. I should’ve taken heed.

12 hours ago, ArxDurusMaximus said:

That isn't even remotely true.  I haven't played all of those, but at no point in ANY of the Borderlands games do you start a quest and can't go do other things if you don't want to finish it.  They literally even make a JOKE about that very subject in the BL2 Tiny Tina DLC, when you get dropped into the dungeon.  Likewise Fallout.  There is no quest anywhere in Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 4, or Fallout 76 that locks you out of other game content.  I don't recall any of the Mass Effect games having that either, though I can't swear to it since it's been a while.  Far Cry (3, 4, 5) you would get STUCK on a story quest, but you could always go back and play the open map instead, so that one is also not true either.  Diablo never had ANY point where you were locked into a quest and couldn't do the rest of the world.  I don't recall that anywhere in Dragon Age either.

I can't speak for the rest of those games, but that's most of your list that you're either wrong or lying about.

Spiderman is one of the worst offenders of this. 

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Skippy575 said:

OP, in the time spent replying to comments on this thread, you could've looked up several YouTube guides and beat the quest by now.

Responder, in the time you spent replying to this comment, you could have read the original post and seen that I already had looked those up, and did not find them helpful.

i found the new war rather annoying at first, nataruk solved things some what, it has 3 shot types aim for the perfect shot charge range not full charge, aside from that the overzealous chat mods i suspect make people leave more then the new war, getting chat banned for 6 months for having a civil topic is unacceptable behavior, but if ya think the drifter stuff is annoying or unacceptable wait till you get the the kahl and veso stuff.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Zero_029 said:

Warframe needs a stat squish & overhaul. It's been 9 years. The game needs to be reigned back in. It's out of control.

I don't know about that last part, you may be right, but I appreciate the rest of what you've said.  But with the next expansion where you're playing as the Drifter, presumably you will get to choose and mod your weapons and mod your Drifter the way you want?  Which would make it similar to Archwing or Railjack or Nechramech or whatever.  Rather than what we have in The New War, which is "Take it or...  well, no, just take it, because you literally can't leave it."  And again, that's the real problem.  You can choose to do as much or as little Archwing and Railjack and Nechramech as you like.  In The New War you're locked in and you can't get out, and it's solo-only, so you can't even get help.  You're just stuck.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

All the games I listed, how do you think you progress to other areas of those games? You are quite literally locked into a quest to advance to that next area, otherwise you literally cannot complete the game.

And yet in 100% of them if you don't want to do that part right now, you can go do other things.  None of them locks you into it and prohibits you from playing the rest of the game.  You are either being very short-sighted about the question or intentionally obtuse.  But again, this was a side-discussion raised by another respondent.  The problem is The New War, not whether there are a couple other games somewhere that make the same mistake (although from this discussion, it sounds like they're few and far between).

3 hours ago, Zimzala said:

I too was not a fan of the New War Experience.

I read up on just how frustrating and different it feels for many players.

Therefore, I simply ignored it and played the WF I enjoy.

At some point, as I often am, I was thinking about a new game. I don't play any game to the exclusion of others, I always have 2-5 installed and playing.

It was at that point I decided to play the New War and I treated it like the tutorial/start of a new game I was trying out for size...I did not come in expecting or wanting WF.

It worked for me. I played it little by little while playing my other games. I played New War just like I was learning a new game. That kept it fresh and fun, because I did not set my expectations to be playing WF. It still took me a few sessions, some of which are just like with 'normal' WF, I would log in and decide I was not in the mood and log right back out...but eventually, I learned enough of the 'new game' to get out of the new tutorial and was back to WF...that I continue to play in small bites.

Hope that might help you find a way to approach your dilemma.

That's a very clever way of approaching it.  I doubt I could convince myself of that, but it's a nice thought.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Bloodstorm50:

i found the new war rather annoying at first, nataruk solved things some what, it has 3 shot types aim for the perfect shot charge range not full charge, aside from that the overzealous chat mods i suspect make people leave more then the new war, getting chat banned for 6 months for having a civil topic is unacceptable behavior, but if ya think the drifter stuff is annoying or unacceptable wait till you get the the kahl and veso stuff.

khal can be ignored. and i haven't seen the guns or the warframe from the shop for ages. I think even wukong is played more often.

1 hour ago, ArxDurusMaximus said:

Responder, in the time you spent replying to this comment, you could have read the original post and seen that I already had looked those up, and did not find them helpful.

The other player with issues contacted me trhough inbox and I sent them 2 videos for amar and boreal that I've found to be the best ones I've seen!

The first 3 mins of each video are all it takes to nail the mechanics of each fight. Dude is not even going for the "perfect shot", is just shooting charged shots and interrupting the healing phases.

There is no fancy parkour, quick reflexes, just a very, very basic and slow paced gameplay. No fast mouse movement either, so they are very comfortable to the eye and allows you to concentrate and learn the pattern of movement for each combat.

Is the kind of video I would've made today for you and @empresslilandraif I didn't found them!

I can break them down for you and also give you detailed tips.

I won't give up on this! You both will be able to finish the new war if you are willing to!

10 hours ago, (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn said:

but let's be realistic: if I point you to the video of the guy shooting a dime outta the air with a bow you're prolly not gonna be able to shoot a dime outta the air with a bow after watching the video, even if you know all the mechanics involved. 😂

Hello there. So, this isn't necessarily the best example. Archery in real life requires certain specific skills, muscles that need to be practiced/developed before hand, that help contribute to skill. Whilst depending on the background of an individual, they might some advantages which will help from other activities... many people won't have either.

The skills involved with a video game and replicating what they see in a video are very different. Potentially they can be as difficult (watching a 16 hour video of a no hit Soulsborne run and then trying to replicate it) but it depends on the example. Trying to replicate that video would take great reflexes, familiarity/knowledge of Souls games mechanics, likely a lot of familiarisation/practice, as well as failed runs etc a vide on Archon bosses won't be anywhere near as intense. 

Its less punishing, more forgiving as far as time resources, you don't need anywhere as much accuracy or timing (as the above two examples). 

Humans to varying degrees have been teaching other humans all sorts of activity for a while now, to varying success. You might thinking more of the failures/struggles, which do exist, but lots of positive, effective examples too. 

Usually the main issue is sources that aim to be broad, not being specific or personalised for some people, but being too specific or broad can be hard to account for, majority of people won't necessary care etc. Like if someone is colourblind, a certain Archon may be harder for a very specific reason, someone may only have one hand, someone may be partially blind, someone may have certain specific hand joint issues, reflex issues, some people may get too stressed, and resulting stress leads to struggles. A video may not be as effective, unless it knows about such certain and specific issues to consider them when making a guide. 

Which is why vanaukas offer is pretty clever and could very much help. Most Youtube guides (in general) don't always cover all the issues actual real people may have, but many often do. More niche categories though may struggle around that though, this is where ideally the Community can be supportive, try and assist. 

6 hours ago, ArxDurusMaximus said:

I don't know about that last part, you may be right, but I appreciate the rest of what you've said.  But with the next expansion where you're playing as the Drifter, presumably you will get to choose and mod your weapons and mod your Drifter the way you want?  Which would make it similar to Archwing or Railjack or Nechramech or whatever.  Rather than what we have in The New War, which is "Take it or...  well, no, just take it, because you literally can't leave it."  And again, that's the real problem.  You can choose to do as much or as little Archwing and Railjack and Nechramech as you like.  In The New War you're locked in and you can't get out, and it's solo-only, so you can't even get help.  You're just stuck.

Not really. Going off Tennocon:

Drifter gameplay will be soulsbourne-ish. Every week he/she gets reset, and you'll complete challenges to unlock upgrades. 

So no mods (just perks and abilities), no weapons of choice per say just whatever Duviri offers you to choose from.

Hence what I meant by, they're separating us from our power. (Becauwe we're too strong).

I'm assuming the culmination of a Duviri run will be when we get access to a Warframe or some of our loadouts.

7 hours ago, ArxDurusMaximus said:

And yet in 100% of them if you don't want to do that part right now, you can go do other things.  None of them locks you into it and prohibits you from playing the rest of the game.  You are either being very short-sighted about the question or intentionally obtuse.  But again, this was a side-discussion raised by another respondent.  The problem is The New War, not whether there are a couple other games somewhere that make the same mistake (although from this discussion, it sounds like they're few and far between).

No, ME1 and ME3 have points of no return. Ilos for ME1 and Act 3 for ME3. There are points of no return that happened twice in WF before New War such as War Within and if I am not mistaken Second Dream (could be misremembering on this one). GTA since San Andreas have points of no return were you just throw strings of missions after triggering it. DA:I, if you meet Flemeth you go right from that Dragon Fight right into a fight with Corypheus, no in between. Diablo 3 locks you into the very next map and warns you each time you cannot backtrack for optional missions you missed. 

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Zero_029 said:

Not really. Going off Tennocon:

Drifter gameplay will be soulsbourne-ish. Every week he/she gets reset, and you'll complete challenges to unlock upgrades. 

So no mods (just perks and abilities), no weapons of choice per say just whatever Duviri offers you to choose from.

Hence what I meant by, they're separating us from our power. (Becauwe we're too strong).

I'm assuming the culmination of a Duviri run will be when we get access to a Warframe or some of our loadouts.

Duviri could also have some fun ways to actually bring Warframe's into it within that "reset" principle. The setting within the lore is also interesting as it's some kind of bridge due to its accessibility before The New War Quest. Either way I'm extremely excited for this update. 

36 minutes ago, Learicorn said:

I had fun with the New War, DE cannot possibly please everyone. Expecting them to abide to your tastes and limit themselves in the stories they want to tell and how they want to tell them is just plain arrogance.

Nope totally wrong, it has nothing to do with arrogance, clearly you didn't bother reading the entire post.  It has to do with consistency and false marketing hype.  DE pushed people into buying a Necramech and Railjack saying it was required when you use both less than 5 min of the entire quest. In addition they told players to "PREPARE your Warframes" for The New War but clearly it wasn't necessary and very misleading for reasons I'm sure you can understand.  I am in agreement with the OP in that this Quest was not what they expected and the whole "locked in until completion" was just bad game design.  By the time I finished the Archons, I could care less about the Quest and just wanted it to be done as I found it excessively padded with silly mundane tasks that were pointless. Like having to play Frogger in a balloon and countless minutes spent looking for the Ostrons to rescue for no reason at all.  Not to mention having the Lotus turn into a zombie it just became a messy slog that I just couldn't wait to finish.  Forcing players to use a gimpy operator and learn new mechanics while battling crazy new bosses was just not a good combo to lock players into.  Just because some players struggled and continue to struggle doesn't mean they deserve to suffer the indignation of the git gud crowd.  Thank you to those that have provided words of encouragement and support without the need to belittle or disparage the plight of those who found it to be a less enjoyable experience.  

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

We're all allowed to have different opinions.

Mine: The New War reminded me that DE is capable of making fun and interesting games. A lot of mainline Warframe being reduced to nearly-afk levels of uncompelling is a result of a learning process, with its mistakes held onto by players who have become incredibly attached to that level of engagement.

2022/12/4 AM1点11分 , ReddyDisco 说:

There is a warning before starting new war, there are multiple videos about the gameplay on youtube, it's not like it's new, you had every hint about what to expect from it. well gl out there

Ha, the warning. 

When it comes to TNW everyone talks about how the game "warned" you about "there is no turning back are you sure? Y/N"

No. It is not a warning. It is a very poorly written disclaimer that try to put the responsibility on the players instead of DE. Emotional abuse? Horror? Give me a break. It was not even The Chain of Harrow horror.

A proper warning should be "You will spend the next 6 hours using a very sluggish human character with no parkour or any ability. You will be using a pistol and a knife for some of the missions. You will do at least 3 stealth missions. You will fight 2 bosses using a bow. You cannot go back to the main game until you finish the quest. Are you sure you want to proceed? Y/N"

If DE gives such warning and people still complain, only then I would say it is the player's fault.

11 minutes ago, RichardKam said:

A proper warning should be "You will spend the next 6 hours using a very sluggish human character with no parkour or any ability. You will be using a pistol and a knife for some of the missions. You will do at least 3 stealth missions. You will fight 2 bosses using a bow. You cannot go back to the main game until you finish the quest. Are you sure you want to proceed? Y/N"

If DE gives such warning and people still complain, only then I would say it is the player's fault.

Wow, it must be the End of Days as for once I actually agree with you on something.   I think that DE mislead players into thinking that they would be using tools in their Arsenal and the magical powered Operator instead of the stripped down, aged and much less agile Drifter in The New War Quest.  Almost like a Bait and Switch with all the hype in their promotional marketing campaign.  Just the name alone insinuates a Sentient Battle unlike any we've encountered before.  I did like some aspects of the quest like the novelty of Kahl and the Corpus chap ( totally forgot his name), and I didn't even have a issue with the stealth parts.  But for me the Quest focused way to much on using a non-Warframe for the majority of it, to which it made me just want it over with and no longer cared about the lore.  Yes I know that the War Within was predominantly operator usage but it was more a tutorial in its design and gameplay.  When a Quest becomes a chore it tends to lose the efficacy of the story it is trying to convey.  Warframe quests should never be so conditional that you are locked into them forever until it is completed.  This is my opinion and everyone is entitled to it! Jokes aside, The New War Quest could have been shorter and still have made a lasting impact on the Warframe lore without locking everyone into it's completion, resulting in frustration and grief for some players.  There should always be a way out as some players might not be ready to participate in such a Boss battle, regardless of the warning prior, sometimes players THINK they are ready, but realize too late that they were not. 

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

vor 15 Stunden schrieb ArxDurusMaximus:

Yeah, you're a troll.  You have nothing worthwhile to contribute.  A sad, pathetic little troll.  Go back under your bridge, troll.

You are calling him a troll, but he isn't wrong. Instead of adapting your playstyle and learning to become better, you make some drama on the forums. So you are the real troll here.

1 hour ago, Prexades said:

You are calling him a troll, but he isn't wrong. Instead of adapting your playstyle and learning to become better, you make some drama on the forums. So you are the real troll here.

Nah, "git gud" is a troll response. Especially when it is in regards to a mini-game required for main game progression. You do not need skill in "warframe" to complete the new war... in fact, I would say you would do better with no previous experience in Warframe, learning its new mechanics as a fresh game. (In this sense, if you have a gamer friend who has never played warframe, might want to get them to try to complete it for you. Seriously.)

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Learicorn:

I had fun with the New War, DE cannot possibly please everyone. Expecting them to abide to your tastes and limit themselves in the stories they want to tell and how they want to tell them is just plain arrogance.

this is not about fun............ omg!
it's about the fact that it's mandatory for further content. and it is extremely many things locked if you don't do it....... not even arbitrations are possible.....

so really now...

Archived