Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack

iAsuna_v

A lot of people suggest Zetki guns, but let me tell you a secret: They suck!

Zetki got the highest damage on paper, but that is coupled with the worst heat managment, making them effectively the worst DPS.

Vidar is much more rare and requires a bit more work. They have a better crit chance and with 'Predator' for crit change and 'Section Density' for crit damage, they perform consistently. For best results I also recommend a gunner crewman with a Vidar gunner bonus.

As for turrets, it depends on choice but I recommend fast firing guns with a decent range Apoc, Talyn and Carcinnox are good choices, all Vidar of course. Don't bother with any turrets that are not Mk3. If you dont have them yet, join a Railjack crew to farm these for a bit.

3 minutes ago, Prexades said:

Zetki got the highest damage on paper, but that is coupled with the worst heat managment, making them effectively the worst DPS.

Not if you have Gunnery Intrinsic 9.  But to each their own.

12 minutes ago, Prexades said:

Vidar is much more rare and requires a bit more work. They have a better crit chance and with 'Predator' for crit change and 'Section Density' for crit damage, they perform consistently. For best results I also recommend a gunner crewman with a Vidar gunner bonus.

As for turrets, it depends on choice but I recommend fast firing guns with a decent range Apoc, Talyn and Carcinnox are good choices, all Vidar of course. Don't bother with any turrets that are not Mk3. If you dont have them yet, join a Railjack crew to farm these for a bit.

Its a trade-off, quite a lot of people don't use the railjack guns anyway.

When I am using the glazio i honestly don't really mind the low heat capacity, by them time they over heat i should probably already be heading to artillerly/slingshot since i've got my crew member with zetki talyns and the non-stop abiltiies shredding most of the enemies. I use Lavos in most railjack which means I get cooldowns but never have to worry about energy for railjack abilities.

Then again if you really want to kill stuff fast just equip Amesha with your best archwing gun and you're probably going to be doing better than any railjack gun can ever hope to do (the seeker volley is the only game changer there)

ps. I have maxed intrinsics so the overheating is not even that big a deal.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Quimoth:

Its a trade-off, quite a lot of people don't use the railjack guns anyway.

When I am using the glazio i honestly don't really mind the low heat capacity, by them time they over heat i should probably already be heading to artillerly/slingshot since i've got my crew member with zetki talyns and the non-stop abiltiies shredding most of the enemies. I use Lavos in most railjack which means I get cooldowns but never have to worry about energy for railjack abilities.

Then again if you really want to kill stuff fast just equip Amesha with your best archwing gun and you're probably going to be doing better than any railjack gun can ever hope to do (the seeker volley is the only game changer there)

I have all intrinsics maxed out as well and I have seen a few people try to kill in Archwing, but for actual kill speed a decent build Railjack will always be faster. That being said, fighters have been nerfed so much, that they are never an issue. The fighter objective is always complete long before by I have dealt with all the crewships.

The lazer one is the one I use for the front turret as it deletes the corpus shields really fast making for quick use of the artillery to take care of crewships. Has one of the worst dps so maybe give your side gunners something else. 

As for getting them just playing high-level railjack should get your all the Zetki ones eventually the others are a bit of a hit or miss. I grinded out for them but the difference between classes is negligible.

2 hours ago, Prexades said:

Are they really that much different? I've hardly notice a difference between which class I have.

2 hours ago, Quimoth said:

Archwing sucks in RJ beyond just using a gun to kill. Its slow, dies way too fast comes with arch-melee. I'd love to see some improvements to archwing space combat personally. I'd prefer better archwing-only missions but making RJ and a dual-mode would also work.

Intrinsic? Does that include the lock on and +heat intrinsic? I got that one since it counts as MR and I wanted to be at the limit and while most of the time it is helpful but man there are times where it sucks such as trying to snipe a crewship in a swarm which it just wants to lock onto everything else with its way too powerful aim lock. Everyone else says that it leads to overheating faster which I've noticed but isn't that big of a deal for me.

43 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

Archwing sucks in RJ beyond just using a gun to kill. Its slow, dies way too fast comes with arch-melee. I'd love to see some improvements to archwing space combat personally. I'd prefer better archwing-only missions but making RJ and a dual-mode would also work.

You haven't played Amesha if you think archwings die to fast. Using Amesha you simply can't die at any archwing mission. Heck i've even used amesha at exploiter because my squads had issues with slash procs.

Quick summary:

1. X hits are blocked

2. Healing bullet sponge

3. Slow enemies to a crawl, status immune to self/team

4. damage to energy, invulnerable whilst not full energy

all of them are viable if you have a Mk3 version and maybe valence fuse a couple times to max out the bonus stat, but personally I use the Talyn auto cannons on the pilot seat and I think the hitscan burst one on the gunner turrets, can't remember the name though as honestly it's been so long since I used the other guns due to playing with an AI crew almost exclusively now. the choice is yours, but generally when dealing with fast moving flying targets, something with a high rate of fire tends to work best (real life AA machine guns are all about that RoF)

as for which manufacturer, that's personal choice too. I use all Zetki guns but they generate a lot of heat, which may be a problem if you don't have the Heat Sink intrinsic. as far as getting them goes, play enough missions in the Veil Proxima and you should get at least one of every Mk3 gun. 

I use Vidar Pulsar on front artillery and have Zekti Talyn on the turrets. I let my pilot fly while I'm in a turret. Once pilot gets close to an objective I drop out of RJ and do the infiltration. Later I'll go back to destroy crewships and reclassify the pilot to a defender and use the pulsar and ordinance cannon.

I personally like hitscan but now that I have level 10 gunnery, i have been messing with photor and other non-hitscan.

Pulsar, photor, Talyn, carcinnox, apoc seem to be my favorites. 

vor 12 Stunden schrieb -Krism-:

You know intrinsic perks are a thing right? Zetki are the top DPS in railjack

They are not and I have all intrinsic perks. Yes, Gunnery intrinsics are a thing but turrets do still overheat with constant fire. Taken directly from Warframe wiki numbers. Apoc Mk3. The numbers are for Sigma, Lavan, Vidar and Zetki turrets.

Damage until Overheat 61552.8 66931.2 105050.1 53482.0
vor 12 Stunden schrieb Quimoth:

You haven't played Amesha if you think archwings die to fast. Using Amesha you simply can't die at any archwing mission. Heck i've even used amesha at exploiter because my squads had issues with slash procs.

Quick summary:

1. X hits are blocked

2. Healing bullet sponge

3. Slow enemies to a crawl, status immune to self/team

4. damage to energy, invulnerable whilst not full energy

Okay, but you are missing the point here, it is not about not dying, but about achieving a decent kill speed and a Railjack will outperform any group of Archwing tryhards. I have seen it multiple times and I facepalm every time an Amesha even tries that.

Usually I start with engaging 'Particle Ram' and plowing right through the first group of fighters while my 'Vidar Talyn' gunner clears out the remnants. Repeating that with a few 'Seeker Volleys' strewn in until the crewships begin to spawn. Then I switch to disabling crewship engines. Taking down shield generators with one or two 'Tycho Seeker' missiles  if neccessary than using the ships BFG for the kill.

I am not saying archwing is better then railjack. Just that the railjack guns are in most cases pretty much just filling up the spaces between your actual damage. Be it seeker volley, forward artillery, ordnance or whatever you pick.

Even in the veil I've never even remotely struggled to let my crew handle the fighters while I do the side objectives followed by the crew ships (slingshot/forward artillery doesnt make much of a difference most of the time)

As long as its tier 3 non-sigma weapons you should be fine. The real punch of a railjack has never been and will never be its armaments.

I personally use the zetki carcinnox on the front , and have vidar talyn on the turrets.(mk3 both)

This is because I run mostly solo and the ai crew i assign to gunnery finishes off most enemies by themselves.

The carcinnox does decent damage and is rapid enough and goes far enough to take out all kinds of enemies.

But the guns themselves are not enough , you also need the right avionics for you to manage.

2 hours ago, Prexades said:

They are not and I have all intrinsic perks. Yes, Gunnery intrinsics are a thing but turrets do still overheat with constant fire.

Are you sure you understand what your Intrinsics do?  Of course your guns will overheat with constant fire, but with Gunnery Intrinsic 9, pressing reload when overheated will clear the heat in half a second.  On a slow-firing, hard hitting gun like the Glazio, overheating makes me skip at most a shot or two, and my overall DPS is absolutely highest with the Zetki.

4 hours ago, Prexades said:

They are not and I have all intrinsic perks. Yes, Gunnery intrinsics are a thing but turrets do still overheat with constant fire.

I think you missed the part where you can instantly get rid of the heat by pressing reload, so no, heat is still not a problem with Zetki

1 hour ago, Quimoth said:

I am not saying archwing is better then railjack.

Than*

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Can't stand the glazio lol. Maybe now that I have gun10 I'll revisit. Having gun10 with a higher damage per shot is potentially beneficial. 

I look at gun stats for DPS x rate of fire weighed against overheating. Seems to generally work.

That is your preference, and there is nothing wrong with that.  You only need Gunnery 9 to unlock the overheat clearing, so no need to wait until Gunnery 10.  Although, unless you have a particular need for high rate of fire due to comfort/preference reasons, I wouldn't use DPS times ROF as a metric for how powerful a gun is.  This is because DPS, being damage per second, already factors in the ROF.

Archived