The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remember Styanax?

Il y a 11 heures, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT a dit :

and then he disappeared after a couple weeks? 

I like him pretty well, but I'm waiting for some new cosmetics (Tennogen and Deluxe) to play him again.

Those who were there last year have Styanax on their arsenal, but I don't expect new players that will start the game because of Duviri to use Styanax (except if they buy him with platinum) : it can take a long time to get all his parts on Kahl's store. I still haven't given a Styanax to my Helminth because of that (and also because I buy the Archon Fragment every week).

13 hours ago, trst said:

And as far as his kit is concerned he still has all that going for them and the ""nerf"" that players love to harp on about did absolutely nothing to any of that. He's even in a better shape viability wise than a number of other frames.

Agreed.  I don't know how so many players mistook an obvious animation bug for "intended gameplay"  and then screamed "nerf" when it was fixed.

Sty is damn near perfect.   Just waiting on his prime!!!    Just hope it doesnt have nipple ribbons.

If we could pass umbra forma and exilus adapters and orokin reactors onto primes when they come you wouldnt see frames get abandoned so quickly.   (also if all variants of a frame were squished together for your usage board that would really help)

For example if you look at your most used warframes  if  Valkyr+Valkyr Prime counted as 1 frame.... then SOME people wouldnt care about using the normal version more/longer.   

I bench frames...  I got grendel, caliban, sty, yareli, voruna, gyre, WISP, Xaku  etc.... all fun frames but im not gonna use them if I can help it lol.  

11 hours ago, RichardKam said:

Styanax was locked behind Kahl, so you have to progress until after TNW and Kahl mission

He was given out for free up until September 21st (about 2 weeks) just by logging in...  that's how I got mine because I sure haven't done any of the new Kahl missions...

edit: laggy forum...

10 minutes ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

I see a lot of styanax, voruna, yareli, sevagoth and even citrine in public quests of any kind (curious that I hardly see any gauss), but you know who I haven't seen? to caliban, nowadays I never hear the sentient sound of this warframe.

I haven't seen Caliban in ages but Yarelli? Really? You're not just memeing?

hace 9 minutos, (PSN)Sentiel dijo:

I see many who say they like yareli (except for the skateboard), even so I see many use it and I know it because I usually check what warframes there are in the team so as not to bother titanias and other fast warframes (I am main volt)

18 minutes ago, gamingchair1121 said:

nah she's good

I main her

Kudos to you then!

18 minutes ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

I see many who say they like yareli (except for the skateboard), even so I see many use it and I know it because I usually check what warframes there are in the team so as not to bother titanias and other fast warframes (I am main volt)

I use her as well in fact. Her passive is pretty good and she has a nice design, but I honestly don't know how to build her for her own abilities, so I just pumped up her HP and put Gloom in instead of Merulina.

16 hours ago, Lilybun said:

Its hard to get invested in new frames when they rarely have anything to change the way the game is played compared to old frames.

For me it's basically this. Most frames play and feel very similar these days, specially with helminth in the mix. At 50+ frames it's increasingly hard to come up with something that feels truly unique.

That said, I really enjoyed Voruna. It was the first time in ages I put forma on a non-prime warframe.

53 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

Yes water fish girl has got a lot of attention by devs and many reworks and few augments, yareli is actually good now, apart from k-drive being k-drive

49分钟前 , (PSN)Sentiel 说:

Yareli is good. I am serious.

Caliban. The problem is like Styanax but worst. He is locked behind TNW plus you have to grind bounties. Not to mention his kit is poor. 

His 1 is a joke. His 2 is not useful. His 3 is a poor CC without grouping and send everyone flying (ie out of melee range and hard to headshot). His 4 is an armor strip that was severely overshadowed by Nekros terrify with an even higher demand of strength. Overall Caliban is a downgrade of Nyx - at least she can be immortal in her 4 and has much better fashion sense - and many considered Nyx to be outdated already.

7 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

I honestly don't know how to build her for her own abilities

you want mostly strength and a bit of duration. efficiency isn't too much of a problem since you can use hunter adrenaline, and her 3 doesn't cost energy to use on merulina besides the initial cast, nice to have some efficiency though. range isn't too important but its nice to have some. also if you go negative range, probably take off her 4 for roar or gloom (gloom is only the slow because of course it has to be bugged lol)

here's my build

shards are 2x armor (they apply to merulina), 1x hp, and 2 cast speed

also I use my kompressa on her, perfect for clearing enemies and viral priming for surging blades

6 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

Yes water fish girl has got a lot of attention by devs and many reworks and few augments, yareli is actually good now, apart from k-drive being k-drive

nah you just have to get good at it, I usually beat everyone to extraction in fissures

With as many frames as we have, seeing new releases fall of after a while is only natural and the way it should be for a healthy roster. It's been a while since I found a new frame I really liked, but with Citrine that was achieved. Heck most of my frequently played part of the roster is made up of several new or newer frames.

Right now I use Protea, Garuda, Lavos, Citrine, Frost, Baruuk, Saryn, Loki and Xaku. So it is a wide diversity between very old and brand new with a few from each era.

5 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

Yareli has some playerbase because of the whole infamous publicity around her. Not to mention that she now has some actual function to her kit (most people who hate her, still hate her because of the drive).

Caliban is basically a ghost. Nobody will ever mention him.

hace 8 minutos, gamingchair1121 dijo:

then why is yareli not more popular?

I don't know, could it be because of the problems that Merulina has with the helminth abilities? Could it be because she had a launch with poor skills? Could it be because her mission requires doing k drive tricks?

Just now, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

a good part of wisp players follow her for her designs.

I won't dispute that, I have enough cynicism to run on. Butt, her ability kit is awesome and that has given her longevity rather than flavor of the week.

Archived