The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remember Styanax?

I think Styanax’s issue is the fact that he’s a frame that just needs a few buffs to be made great, but instead DE deciding all he needed was nerfs. That honestly left a bad taste in my mouth and despite not hating playing as him, I can’t really bring myself to use him.

He doesn’t have anything about his kit to really make him shine during gameplay. So yeah he gets forgotten along with the likes of Caliban and Hydroid. 

His fashion is also pretty bad without the void shell skin. Which I personally find unacceptable.

Personally I fed Styanax to my Helminth… And I’m not spending resources to buy and craft another one. I’d rather spend spare stocks for one of archon mods to sell it for platinum. I’m not buying three parts there for frame which will end up sold after prime comes out. I’m not buying weapons aswell, because I will just buy bundle one day.

13 hours ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

I see a lot of styanax, voruna, yareli, sevagoth and even citrine in public quests of any kind (curious that I hardly see any gauss), but you know who I haven't seen? to caliban, nowadays I never hear the sentient sound of this warframe.

Hello, I'm here and I do play Caliban a lot, and I agree I don't reallysee any other out there. But that's kinda the same with Sevagoth/ Styanax/ Voruna. And they do have a lot in common, they are late/ hard to get/ craft and they provide a really good Helminth ability, which make them even rarer to be seen since you need 2 of them. Sevagoth getting a Deluxe at Tennocon might help to make him more popular, and DE can always buff him with that (like it happened for some older Deluxe release).

For Caliban I do hope he'll get and augment like what Pablo seems to have said with the Devstream preceding Citrine's Last Wish release (has asked if it Caliban was in the list of the augment batch for this update, which imply they do have one planned). But hey I'm already really happy he gets a Tennogen helm with Duviri !

7 hours ago, SinisterDarling said:

this reminds me of caliban, i see no people use caliban in missions, only for ranking up :( and grendel user, very rare to find. i'm waiting for grendel prime!

Caliban’s a fricken tragedy. At least Styanax got some hype behind his release. Caliban was released with New War, got some tweaks to his 4, and promptly forgotten about by DE and by extension the community.

2 hours ago, (PSN)killer115550 said:

Gyre also disappeared after her nerf/fix near release. I've been seeing a lot more of her lately after the augment though. Hopefully, Styanax gets a good augment like that too in order to revitalize his presence, at least a little bit.

At least Gyre finally got the "cannon" part of her glass cannon back...

On 2023-03-28 at 4:59 PM, RichardKam said:

Yareli is good. I am serious.

Caliban. The problem is like Styanax but worst. He is locked behind TNW plus you have to grind bounties. Not to mention his kit is poor. 

His 1 is a joke. His 2 is not useful. His 3 is a poor CC without grouping and send everyone flying (ie out of melee range and hard to headshot). His 4 is an armor strip that was severely overshadowed by Nekros terrify with an even higher demand of strength. Overall Caliban is a downgrade of Nyx - at least she can be immortal in her 4 and has much better fashion sense - and many considered Nyx to be outdated already.

On 2023-03-28 at 4:59 PM, gamingchair1121 said:

you want mostly strength and a bit of duration. efficiency isn't too much of a problem since you can use hunter adrenaline, and her 3 doesn't cost energy to use on merulina besides the initial cast, nice to have some efficiency though. range isn't too important but its nice to have some. also if you go negative range, probably take off her 4 for roar or gloom (gloom is only the slow because of course it has to be bugged lol)

here's my build

shards are 2x armor (they apply to merulina), 1x hp, and 2 cast speed

also I use my kompressa on her, perfect for clearing enemies and viral priming for surging blades

nah you just have to get good at it, I usually beat everyone to extraction in fissures

On 2023-03-28 at 9:41 PM, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Yareli has some playerbase because of the whole infamous publicity around her. Not to mention that she now has some actual function to her kit (most people who hate her, still hate her because of the drive).

Caliban is basically a ghost. Nobody will ever mention him.

You have convinced me. I went ahead and built a new Yarelli and I gotta say she's not bad. I replaced Merulina with Pillage and made her into a Shield frame (I wanted to avoid using Gloom with her). Nothing against Merulina but K-Drive just doesn't work on the old maps.

Her 1 and 4 are actually good and fun to use. Her 2 is only good with the augment though, so I'd replace it if I could or if one day DE makes using Merulina on old maps less of a pain.

I started playing Warframe when Sevagoth was rolled out. I thought it was a really big deal, and I also thought it was a good sign for getting invested in a game that was still adding new things.

Like OP, then I bought into the Styanax hype and somewhat believed by being big No. 50, he'd become a de facto "second posterboy" for Warframe along with Excalibur. Especially since there's symmetry with both being avatars of European warriors from different eras.

Now, I don't even bother looking at the new frames. I might get around to building Cerulina and Voruna one day. I've never even looked at Caliban or Gyre.

On 2023-03-28 at 2:52 PM, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

I see a lot of styanax, voruna, yareli, sevagoth and even citrine in public quests of any kind (curious that I hardly see any gauss), but you know who I haven't seen? to caliban, nowadays I never hear the sentient sound of this warframe.

i see caliban every now and then and yes i do instantly attack his sentient spawns lol

Archived