Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is DE scared to give us more Power Range or has it just been forgotten?

Zahnrad

On 2023-04-27 at 5:46 PM, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

I think Power Range is the most disruptive of the bunch, not because it's "OP" but because High Range can lead to a team of 3 Tenno just watching one guy use powers, the powers are faster than the 3 tenno. And like 2 minute defense missions, and DE doesn't like that 

Or the opposite, sometimes, which DE as I understand also do not like.

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

Huh? The opposite of what? 2 minute defense missions? Or 3 tenno watching one guy? 

2 minute defense. Drop a huge limbo cataclysm, and nothing can move so you have to manually run around to every single door constantly. Basically Corpus Spaceship defense but everything.

27 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

2 minute defense. Drop a huge limbo cataclysm, and nothing can move so you have to manually run around to every single door constantly. Basically Corpus Spaceship defense but everything.

I think? If there's multiple fat range warframes they should "cancel eachother out" like I think Saryns Spore would still work, or Lavos 4 or Mirage. Maybe a few others, not sure. 

Actually, I think DE would like that a defense mode where you have to run to every enemy  and  kill  them  one  at  a  time

Okay that was mean maybe but, DE doesn't seem to like things getting done *too fast*

27 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

mfw I made this post over a month ago and my opinion has since changed but people keep necroing the thread and I don't want to say anything

You could ask a moderator to close it.  Although I don't see the need.  I don't think the discussion is being framed at all in terms of who posted it.

29 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

mfw I made this post over a month ago and my opinion has since changed but people keep necroing the thread and I don't want to say anything

Its okay, its not so personal. Most people are just addressing an idea, and sharing their own thoughts and opinions on that, as opposed to trying to change your mind personally. Often OP is just the conversation starter, and such threads take on a life of their own. 

You could always edit the OP to suggest you changed your mind though too, if that matters to you. Or ask a Mod to lock the thread, but eh, I personally think the former is better than the latter, even if thread creators change their mind, thread still exists to let others voice their views and opinions, including thread creators if they have additional thoughts and opinions. So just good for discussion (unless people start making personal attacks.). 

Take care! 

17 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

You could ask a moderator to close it.  Although I don't see the need.

Yeah, I didn't think there was a need either.

I just realised I can simply unsubscribe from my own thread too. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed...

the other day, I was leveling Gyre in a relic fissure defense mission, while also testing out her Cathode Current augment. If you know this build, it basically sustains itself as long as you're constantly in range of enemies. I got the relic buff of double damage+range, and man, I don't remember the last time I felt so powerful. My storm radius was something like 30m, and it was essentially clearing half the map without even trying. I felt bad for my teammates who were trying to have fun too, but I couldn't even cancel the ability combo.

I think ability range is in a pretty good place, though? Stretch + Augur Reach gives a very healthy +75% for no real drawback (except mod slots), with an additional 15% from Cunning Drift if you really want. Overextended gives +90% range and -60% strength, which I think is a fair trade-off for a one-slot mod, considering +90% range is the equivalent of the previous three mods combined. It's obviously not for every build, but it's great for any sort of CC or utility skill. It's also much, much easier to hit very high levels of ability strength to recoup that deficiency -- up to 300% or more with buffs.

My box-breaker Xaku build is comfortably sitting at 260% range, giving a ridiculous 65m range on Vast Untime. I think minimap radius is only 50m, so it's more than enough.

23 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Excelent idea. Nothing can move and everything is stuck outside the range of any damage/vision. It will be more like 20 minute defence.

Also corpus spaceship indicates corpus units which have frequent nullifiers. 

2 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Excelent idea. Nothing can move and everything is stuck outside the range of any damage/vision. It will be more like 20 minute defence.

Yup! Had that happen a few times in some of the smaller maps. It's... I can't even bring myself to sarcastically comment about it being fun, it just isn't.

3 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Also corpus spaceship indicates corpus units which have frequent nullifiers. 

Ah yeah you're right.

25 minutes.

Back in my day, stretch was the only thing we had and banshee ended up suffering from a nerf back then as it had the ability with the most range (excluding trinity with healing, which had infinite range), so the ability + stretch was to disruptive for the gameplay we had at the time.

Obviously this didn't last long as corruped mods were added and with it, overextended.

So you can see that the game doesn't have a direction, it's usually short term and then to keep the game relevant the power creep must exist, so personally i wouldn't mind more range, the more broken, the more messy and the more ridiculous the game is, the better.

It shouldn't be a surprise, as it's in-line with DE's long-standing philosophy of getting the players to move around more and actually engage with the parkor system. That's why we got Mirror Defense and Void Flood mission types. It's also why newer defense modes like Void Armageddon involves us moving around different defense points and includes interactable turret-building mechanics. More ability range means that you're better able to just stand around in one place more, and DE doesn't like that very much. It's also why map-nuke frames have fallen off in recent times, especially due to the addition of really tough enemies like Thrax, Dax and reworked Eximus. Equinox has really, really dropped in popularity into one of the least used frames nowadays, despite being "S-tier" for most of Warframe's lifetime.

Archived