Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kullervo is not a good idea for frame name!!!

Ugalabugala

Kullervo is from Kalevala.. As a finnish person I say this is a horrible idea for a name.. It is the same as if you named your kid Adolf and then he gets bullied by people for this super old cringe name.. That is exactly the same as Kullervo is... It is the same as Sven is for swedish.. DO NOT name the frame Kullervo, or you will deeply regret it later, when its too late.

DE names frames after characters in stories quite often. We have Titania, Oberon, Grendel, Caliban, and probably others I'm not cultured enough to know about. From what I can read (and correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not finnish), it seems Kullervo is a character who gets mistreated throughout his entire life. The Kullervo Warframe is apparently about betrayal, so it seems fitting.

• Like 5

Not really seeing why naming a frame after a hero of a mythological story is bad, nor how it has any connection to the extremely mundane Sven. Kullervo is more of a finnish Amleth, or if we wanna go fictional, Conan.

edit: And dont forget that Kullervo is invoked in the jägermarch, so kinda a fitting name for a frame themed around imperial soldiers.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

Your kid would also get bullied if you'd name it Sevagoth :(

excalibur, rhino, ash, loki, frost, banshee, valkyr, hydriod, mirage, limbo, equinox, wukong, gara(because of naruto), revenant, garuda, wisp, grendal, and citrine are all bad kid names and there are probably more but they're great warframe names (mostly)

• Like 2

On 2023-04-29 at 9:27 AM, Ugalabugala said:

Kullervo is from Kalevala.. As a finnish person I say this is a horrible idea for a name.. It is the same as if you named your kid Adolf and then he gets bullied by people for this super old cringe name.. That is exactly the same as Kullervo is... It is the same as Sven is for swedish.. DO NOT name the frame Kullervo, or you will deeply regret it later, when its too late.

Huh??? Did u just compare someone who committed mass genocide to a fictional character in mythology?

• Like 3

On 2023-04-29 at 10:27 AM, Ugalabugala said:

DO NOT name the frame Kullervo, or you will deeply regret it later, when its too late.

I'm sure my son Gauss might agree with this.

Joking aside, this seriously isn't the worst thing they could do with a frame that might get some attention for a couple weeks before fading into obscurity.  You know, like practically every other frame released since TNW.

On 2023-04-29 at 7:33 PM, vanaukas said:

That name sounds really funny in spanish, can't replicate it but it's related to "ass" lmao

I honestly was expecting OP to bring up something along these lines when I clicked on the topic.

On 2023-04-29 at 5:21 PM, (NSW)daggerclaw627 said:

excalibur, rhino, ash, loki, frost, banshee, valkyr, hydriod, mirage, limbo, equinox, wukong, gara(because of naruto), revenant, garuda, wisp, grendal, and citrine are all bad kid names and there are probably more but they're great warframe names (mostly)

hey my kid is called Revenant, and their twin siblings are Hydroid and Yareli what are you trying to say

• Like 1

My native language is Russian and I have hard times trying to pronounce a few last frames' names.

Styanax is pronounced [steenuks] in russian localization.

Gyra is [gyra/jyra].

--- bar: until here the names were acceptable, but the next ones become weirder..

Yareli is [yarelee]

Kullervo..? Idk. The pattern along the last four frames is so that it just sounds less and less natural. What's coming after "Kullervo"? Nokatida? Abrevutno? Ugalabugala?

Edited by bl1te
Noticed OP's nickname, sorry, couldn't resist

• 3 months later...
On 2023-04-29 at 11:57 AM, Ugalabugala said:

what are you, a censorship nazi?  (no I am not calling you an SJW because it is too easy to do that) kullervo is from Kalevala, yes, which is MYTH and it's NOT REAL. you're making an apples-to-oranges comparison because the difference is that adolf hitler caused ww2 which is in real life, but kullervo is from a myth that tells how he was abused by his family and he slaughtered everyone he knows and even screwed his own sister because of that abuse, so how do you think he was going to act? and also the story of kullervo in Kalevala is a warning to all parents against treating their children too harshly. it's almost like Grim's fairytales if you think about it.

and I agree with Ampathetiic, the name kullervo is very fitting for a warframe name. and IMO, kullervo is one of the best warframes I have ever played, and with the right build, he is very good with steel path. opinions aside, I don't get why it is bad to call a warframe kullervo when there is no backlash from where I can find. look, I get your a Finnish person, but I don't think that something from Finnish mythology, such as kullervo would be as terrible as adolf hitler. the story behind warframe kullervo is that he committed seven crimes (wrongfully I might add) and he was imprisoned in the void (where Duviri is located), and the warden takes the form of ballas, just to add insult to injury.

Edited by (PSN)thomasthesackboy