Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who is the Orowyrm we find outside of Duviri?

-Krism-

Lodun is red & blue

Bombastine is green & black

Sythel is blue & black

Mathila is pink & white

Luscinia is black & white

The one we see in mirror defense, Railjack fissures, & on Deimos is the basic white & gold Orokin design, so is it someone we haven't met yet or just the old concept DE decided to keep?

I'm asking 'cause they could've easily just changed its color to match one of the five from Duviri

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

or just the old concept DE decided to keep?

Likely this ^

DE loves to tease their content but does not actually release any of it until years later, it's their attempt at keeping players around to make sure their numbers don't fall. So, what you are saying is a teaser that is still in the game, because why remove it?

The same goes for that loading screen stuff, from the second dream, why is it still in-game?

• Like 3

Just now, Circle_of_Psi said:

The same goes for that loading screen stuff, from the second dream, why is it still in-game?

Completely forgot that was a thing

So they just didn't bother to change the color? Sad, that would've been really cool to play mirror defense & have Lodun flying above our heads

21 minutes ago, TeaHands said:

Im calling it Wyrm Prime Prime.

Don't you mean daddy wyrm prime ?

As to the topic at hand , considering duviri is a dreamscape (3rd dream ? 4th ?i can't keep track) the ones we see in the void are the original ones , there need not be any actual correlation between the colours of the original and that of a maddened mind making up imaginary beings.

• Like 2

I think it's just a "regular" Orowyrm. Considering that Duviri is a physical manifestation of memories and emotions it's likely that things seen there aren't how they actually are in "reality". So the Courtiers turning into Wyrms could just be part of Duviri's manifestation, like it's just a literal embodiment of their emotions turning them into monsters. But "actual" Orowyrms are just something the Drifter had memories of and/or were part of the Duviri stories.

But it's hard to really determine as we've never gotten lore on the Orowyrms. Even within Duviri all we really know is that the Courtiers transform into them, they terrorize the citizens of Duviri, and Dominus has control over them.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, -Krism- said:

or just the old concept DE decided to keep?

pretty much that.

Orowyrms, like dragons, have a mystical, fantastical appeal to them, and thus it would make sense for the author of Tales of Duviri to include these creatures, to make the story more exciting: pretty much anything becomes better with a Dragon or other mythical beast in it, right? I think in reality, the Orowyrms were simply machines designed to study the Void and send reading back to our dimension for the Archimedians to study, but knowing the Orokin and how they were literally the most awful people to ever exist, the Wyrms might have a darker origin story of a human being "turned" into one. 

I'm always up for learning more about the Orowyrms, they're cool!

• Like 1

They are just Orokin Orowyrms and so are likely the ones we fight on Duviri aswell.

It is just Dominus loving his games and make use of his subjects for his own entertainment. In the case of the Wyrms he uses his subjects to possess them and play that role. All of Duviri is afterall very much real even if it is conceptualized, and considering how the Wyrms arrive it seems very likely that Dominus brings them there through the barrier, much like how thrax appears on both Zariman and Lua. I mean, we are afterall destroying the very things that binds them there. We aslo already know of 3 physical additions on Duviri that arent conceptualized, those being Teshin, the Scholar and Maws, all of which are accounted for as actual arrivals on Duviri from the outside. And I guess the frames would add onto that pile aswell.

It wouldnt surprise me if the "possession" is just using Orokin continuity to transfer the subject to the Wyrm for fun.

I wanna say it's , one of those Crystal Encased People on that mirror defense mission, or the worm was spawned from one of them. Or anyone else that's been exposed to the void. 

No clue what, emotion it'd represent. 

Alternatively, Oroworms could be natural occurrence of the void, and the emotions were imprinted on the worms and the humanoid forms being their "artificially shaped unnatural forms" forced into that form by someone's mind

14 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

@0_The_F00l @trst @SneakyErvin

But do we have any proof that Orowyrms exist outside of Duviri? Just like Thraxx himself, they could be from the storybook we had on the Zariman, not actual Orokin constructs

I don't actually think that myself, but it's an interesting question

Yes , they are, we see them on occasion when traversing between railjack missions ,

we also see them in the orokin mirrors in the vaults ,

we also see them in mirror defense missions.

14 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Yes , they are, we see them on occasion when traversing between railjack missions ,

That's specific to fissure Railjack missions, as I mentioned in my first post

15 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

we also see them in the orokin mirrors in the vaults ,

we also see them in mirror defense missions.

Again, that's in the Void, we don't have any records or motions of them existing outside of it

6 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

That's specific to fissure Railjack missions, as I mentioned in my first post

Again, that's in the Void, we don't have any records or motions of them existing outside of it

The void is not the same as duviri , 

Duviri is more of a dreamland in drifters head.

The void is anything that DE wants it to be.

12 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

The void is not the same as duviri , 

Duviri is more of a dreamland in drifters head.

The void is anything that DE wants it to be.

Duviri is IN the Void, that's what the whole quest is about

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

Duviri is IN the Void, that's what the whole quest is about

Yes , in a matter of speaking , so are many of the derelicts and so was the moon once upon a time amongst many other things.

So duviri is not the entirety of the void , it is only an aspect of it.

Like disneyland or McDonald's is not the entirety of the US.

10 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Yes , in a matter of speaking , so are many of the derelicts and so was the moon once upon a time amongst many other things.

So duviri is not the entirety of the void , it is only an aspect of it.

Like disneyland or McDonald's is not the entirety of the US.

Where did I say Duviri was the entirety of the Void?

I only said it was in it

35 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

Where did I say Duviri was the entirety of the Void?

I only said it was in it

Just as an outsider to the conversation chipping in, but way your conversation evolved, sort of makes this implicit, inferred. Like you asked for proof of Orowyrms outside Duviri. In one post, so an example of one in the Void was given. Your response was to say that Duviri is in the Void... sure, but this would naturally be addressed with the idea that Duviri doesn't encompass the Void, the Void encompasses Duviri. In one of your comments you didn't ask for proof outside the Void, but Duviri (though you may have intended to mean the Void?)

Its like if I asked for proof of Wolves outside of Minnesota, someone points out that they are in a few other American states, myself emphasising, yes, Minnesota is in America, but not necessarily addressing or distinguishing that America includes Minnesota and other States, is inclusive of. 

Hope that made sense. 

As far as the topic in general. Can sympathise with the idea, of say model changes, but ehhh. Orowyrms may just exist independently as constructs. As in not all Orowyrms may be individuals transformed. The Orowyrm we see in the Iso vaults, Railjack Void Storms, and Mirror Defence, may just be more "natural", or the vanilla variety. A concept familiar to some, that thus can be an idea as far as transformative properties. 

Like think about dragons in some fictional settings? Dragons themselves exist, but some individuals can transform into dragons. Does that mean that all dragons were individuals transformed, always, and no actual dragons existed? Or just that some individuals possessed the ability to transform into dragons? Or are all wolves werewolves? Or there are wolves... and some people who can transform. Personally I'd prefer the idea Orowyrms existed/exist and some situations, like being in the Void, enough power, whatever is going on in Duviri may mean people, ideas, etc can take on transformative properties, rather than trying to retcon the idea that every Orowrym we saw in the past, just had to be someone from Duviri. It could be cool seeing a different colour, but eh, its also okay that an Orowyrm is just an Orowyrm too (to me). 

• Like 2