Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Its just me or the devs focus more on cosmetics and way to get money than actualy good content or fixing bugs!

SovietSilviu

20 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

I have no clue what you're even trying to say, but it doesn't appear to have any bearing on the topic at hand. So you agree that the game is full of bugs that don't get fixed then? I mean, it's an obvious fact, but even so having people like you agree with obvious facts feels like a great step forward. A problem needs to be identified before it can get addressed after all.

He's not making any sense, Traum. 

Edited by Felsagger
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

I have no clue what you're even trying to say, but it doesn't appear to have any bearing on the topic at hand. So you agree that the game is full of bugs that don't get fixed then? I mean, it's an obvious fact, but even so having people like you agree with obvious facts feels like a great step forward. A problem needs to be identified before it can get addressed after all.

You're in general. There is an actual bug section of the forums. 

6 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Have you read the thread title? You seem lost and confused, here let me quote it for you:

Its just me or the devs focus more on cosmetics and way to get money than actualy good content or fixing bugs!

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

If you put 100 bugs into the game with every update, and fix 10 of them over the course of 2 months, personally I don't think that's good enough. But feel free to enjoy your 90 new bugs every couple months.

That's what happens when you have a game for 10 years. 

Look at destiny 2, the servers have gone down at least twice this year and it's 2023, let alone the items that are disabled due to bugs. 

Even Fortnite (probably the best example of a live service game) has had game breaking glitches in like every season, including some that let you turn invisible, crash the server, or instantly kill people who can't even see you.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Yea crazy that people can go from cavemen to creating the internet. 

It's almost like people are trying and things just happen and aren't intentional or malicious. 

But I get it, it's easier to have a target to be mad at.

Biggest cope award goes to you. No reason to get offended we don't share that same opinions as you.

Edited by (PSN)Joylesstuna
  • Like 9

9 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Have you read the thread title? You seem lost and confused, here let me quote it for you:

9 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

He can't even read the thread title, Traum. That says a lot. 

7 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Biggest cope award goes to you. No reason to get offended we don't share that same opinions as you.

Seems like the world is too tough for him. 

This happens when people are fanatics of one game for too long. 

Edited by Felsagger
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

If you put 100 bugs into the game with every update, and fix 10 of them over the course of 2 months, personally I don't think that's good enough. But feel free to enjoy your 90 new bugs every couple months.

Show me 90 unique bugs that impacted you this month, and the month before, and the month before that. Take your time.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

How you arrive at this conclusion? 

I don't know why you ask me that question when you've seen what the others replied, and the answer is the same...there have been literally no update without bug fixes. we don't get tenno gen that frequently to say they only care about cosmetics, and trust me i know and have seen video games that only release cosmetics as "updates" 

and saying that the free to play game where you can literally farm for it's digital currency to buy your own skins and cosmetics is kind of funny.

"good" content is subjective, for me I enjoyed the 7 crimes of Kullervo and Kullervo himself...Duviri is a lot of fun for a lot of people (except maybe me because of the Randomizer) everyone is crazy over these incarnon weapons.

so what is this guy doing is just whine at nothing.

Edited by (PSN)Hopper_Orouk
  • Like 8

48 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

there have been literally no update without bug fixes.

To the point of having experiences that are UNPLAYABLE like Rail Jack at LAUNCH

Have you seen update launches that are that unplayable? One thing is fixing bugs since every single game has them, another thing is launching updates that are UNPLAYABLE. Duviri was borderline UNPLAYABLE at launch. 

we don't get tenno gen that frequently to say they only care about cosmetics, and trust me i know and have seen video games that only release cosmetics as "updates" 

But Horizon Burning Shores is an update by Guerrilla that has content, am I right? 

"good" content is subjective

In your dreams, yes. 

In reality, it is not. 

Proof: 

This is what good content looks like. It is NOT subjective. It is NOT a preference. It is HARD WORK and DELIVERY. Almost the same time that Duviri took for the creation. 

for me I enjoyed the 7 crimes of Kullervo and Kullervo himself...Duviri is a lot of fun for a lot of people 

And how do you know this? Who is this people? 

so what is this guy doing is just whine at nothing.

"These releases seem to be more about what can be bundled as purchases with them than to deliver actual quality content. I'm not saying it's all bad but it's pretty obvious quality isn't a priority."

You should read the thread too. 

DE is critiqued harshly because they focus too much in their market model. that is successful of course, but TOO LITTLE in the quality of the content. 

Let us consider Battlebit Remastered as an example where the developers DELIVERS quality in the content. See the difference? 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, kamisama85 said:

Show me 90 unique bugs that impacted you this month, and the month before, and the month before that. Take your time.

If you think I couldn't do that you severely underestimate the bugginess of this game. I'm not going to because it would take too much time, but I'll give you a taste:

I wanted to use Petrify with the loot augment and extremely high strength on Garuda, but the ability is bugged to not cast where you aim (again, apparently this bug was fixed at some point).

I used Zenurik's Temporal Drag frequently, it suffers from the same bug. The graphic and the real AoE are not in the same place, it doesn't cast where you aim.

Also on Garuda her 1 is bugged - you can cast it on invincible enemies, but overguarded ones show "invalid target".

Also Garuda's 2 is bugged, which is one of the reasons I subsume it off - it can lock missions up.

Also her 4 is bugged, it causes hard landings from miniscule (even negative) hights.

The sprint toggle is bugged to randomly turn off on casting certain abilities, on loading screens, on interacting with some objects.

I used Ash a lot, and some enemies (Archon Nyra specifically) were able to target me while invisible.

On topic of Archon Nyra, she got stuck in the air after dying, hard locking the mission.

Also Nyra, she summoned her adds on the other side of the map once, causing her to full heal and waste a lot of my time.

Back to Ash, his teleport is bugged to not open enemies for finishers when they have certain status effects, reload, or play other animations.

The augment is also bugged to display "not enough space to teleport" sometimes, even though there is enough space to manually finish the enemy without issue.

Blade Storm is super bugged, it's always had issues like it's attack speed depending on weird stuff (the clones attack faster when you release while sliding), but currently it uses your melee weapons stats among other things. A relatively new bug.

It is currently possible to have permanent 12x combo heavy attacks forever, a beneficial bug for a change.

All exalted weapons were bugged to all hell for like two months recently.

Melee frequently locks me into aiming for some reason, also a relatively recent bug.

The new undercroft portals failed to display on the map once, causing me to lose that part of the reward (I only found 1 after flying around for a while).

The perk that displays resources on the map didn't work for me for a while. I wasn't able to see anything on the map for some reason. Now it works though.

I got stuck as quest drifter permanently in the undercroft, causing me to be unable to complete the mission and lose all rewards.

The circuit hard locked in many different other ways too, again causing me to lose all progress: Defense objective didn't spawn, Survival had no timer and was permanent, etc.

Host migration in general causes the circuit to hard lock and a loss of all rewards.

There was the "circuit always hardlocks on round 4" bug for a while.

My Kuva weapon didn't have it's element in the circuit.

Several circuit missions I had to abort because my warframne got slowed by 95% - turns out a decree (overguard) was the cause. This primarily happened on Zephyr.

Also on Zephyr Tornado is bugged to die after taking 500k damage (one hit), having zero effect while still remaining visually.

Tornado also doesn't properly calculate crit from many weapons.

Tornado also doesn't spread status effects from mods like Hemorrhage.

Aim gliding was not working properly for a few months (during abilitiy casts).

Waypoints frequently don't display, or don't display where they should.

The heavy attack button (you can rebind a button to only specifically do heavy attacks) still doesn't work while holding a gun, only the light attack button.

Glaives (I use Glaive Prime a lot) still have bugged animations.

Glaives regularly treat all existing combo as 0 when used for throwing (without heavy attack). You can be at 12x combo and get no benefit from Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds.

Glaives also don't work with a bunch of mods (like Condition Overload).

I also used Chroma with Glaive Prime in the circuit - he is bugged to increase Glaive damage to 121x instead of 11x like he's supposed to.

There's a lot more weapons that don't fully work with CO, like the new Incarnon melee projectiles.

There's a lot more mods that don't work properly, like gun CO.

Probably all incarnon weapons have bugged evolutions. Base damage for example also doesn't work with gun CO.

The new Arcane "Secondary shiver" works exactly like gun CO - including the bugs, and including not working on AoE. It's not supposed to according to the description, and it was probably meant to be a multiplicative damage increase instead.

Primary Exhilarate doesn't work on forced impact procs.

I've had power cell carriers not spawn for a long time in excarvation.

Melee dash attacks are prone to teleporting the warframe a short distance to the left or right (even if the specific stances "dash attack" actually has no movement component), causing you to miss your target. This is the main reason I'm not using melee much.

...Let's stop here. There is so, so much more I could write down. I have only even scratched the surface of all the bugs I've experienced in Duviri and the circuit, or the countless bugged abilities and weapons. Or companions. Or... basically literally everything.

• Like 9

On 2023-07-01 at 6:53 PM, Traumtulpe said:

madurai is the forum's resident contrarian, best you let him be tbh

On 2023-07-01 at 10:43 PM, kamisama85 said:

"90 bugs" is just hyperbole, there is no denying that duviri was (and still is) buggy to the point where it can impact gameplay/overall enjoyment. 

there is also the fact that bugs before the update still exist and have gone unfixed. 

I personally have not run into that many bugs because I play solo, however from what I can see in the bug reporting section, well...

• Like 8

On 2023-07-02 at 3:16 AM, Skoomaseller said:

madurai is the forum's resident contrarian, best you let him be tbh

We try to write critiques about the game and all we see here are a set of lurkers, fanatics, white knights and apologists pulling the strings and being extremely defensive against the critiques (with the exception of few, of course). If this is how they derive fun then what's the point of having a forum in the first place. 

Things are happening for a reason. There are thousands of bugs that were sent in the envelope when Duviri launched. This tarnish the reputation of the developers, leaves a bad taste on the players and throws away trust out of the window. It hurts their business and THE GAME. 

We critique things here in a harsh tone because we care. If not then why we should even plug letters on a white box. We simply delete the game and play something else. Forums are here to find SOLUTIONS to problems. The critique is part of that.  

On 2023-07-02 at 2:33 AM, Traumtulpe said:

If you think I couldn't do that you severely underestimate the bugginess of this game. I'm not going to because it would take too much time, but I'll give you a taste:

I wanted to use Petrify with the loot augment and extremely high strength on Garuda, but the ability is bugged to not cast where you aim (again, apparently this bug was fixed at some point).

I used Zenurik's Temporal Drag frequently, it suffers from the same bug. The graphic and the real AoE are not in the same place, it doesn't cast where you aim.

Also on Garuda her 1 is bugged - you can cast it on invincible enemies, but overguarded ones show "invalid target".

Also Garuda's 2 is bugged, which is one of the reasons I subsume it off - it can lock missions up.

Also her 4 is bugged, it causes hard landings from miniscule (even negative) hights.

The sprint toggle is bugged to randomly turn off on casting certain abilities, on loading screens, on interacting with some objects.

I used Ash a lot, and some enemies (Archon Nyra specifically) were able to target me while invisible.

On topic of Archon Nyra, she got stuck in the air after dying, hard locking the mission.

Also Nyra, she summoned her adds on the other side of the map once, causing her to full heal and waste a lot of my time.

Back to Ash, his teleport is bugged to not open enemies for finishers when they have certain status effects, reload, or play other animations.

The augment is also bugged to display "not enough space to teleport" sometimes, even though there is enough space to manually finish the enemy without issue.

Blade Storm is super bugged, it's always had issues like it's attack speed depending on weird stuff (the clones attack faster when you release while sliding), but currently it uses your melee weapons stats among other things. A relatively new bug.

It is currently possible to have permanent 12x combo heavy attacks forever, a beneficial bug for a change.

All exalted weapons were bugged to all hell for like two months recently.

Melee frequently locks me into aiming for some reason, also a relatively recent bug.

The new undercroft portals failed to display on the map once, causing me to lose that part of the reward (I only found 1 after flying around for a while).

The perk that displays resources on the map didn't work for me for a while. I wasn't able to see anything on the map for some reason. Now it works though.

I got stuck as quest drifter permanently in the undercroft, causing me to be unable to complete the mission and lose all rewards.

The circuit hard locked in many different other ways too, again causing me to lose all progress: Defense objective didn't spawn, Survival had no timer and was permanent, etc.

Host migration in general causes the circuit to hard lock and a loss of all rewards.

There was the "circuit always hardlocks on round 4" bug for a while.

My Kuva weapon didn't have it's element in the circuit.

Several circuit missions I had to abort because my warframne got slowed by 95% - turns out a decree (overguard) was the cause. This primarily happened on Zephyr.

Also on Zephyr Tornado is bugged to die after taking 500k damage (one hit), having zero effect while still remaining visually.

Tornado also doesn't properly calculate crit from many weapons.

Tornado also doesn't spread status effects from mods like Hemorrhage.

Aim gliding was not working properly for a few months (during abilitiy casts).

Waypoints frequently don't display, or don't display where they should.

The heavy attack button (you can rebind a button to only specifically do heavy attacks) still doesn't work while holding a gun, only the light attack button.

Glaives (I use Glaive Prime a lot) still have bugged animations.

Glaives regularly treat all existing combo as 0 when used for throwing (without heavy attack). You can be at 12x combo and get no benefit from Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds.

Glaives also don't work with a bunch of mods (like Condition Overload).

I also used Chroma with Glaive Prime in the circuit - he is bugged to increase Glaive damage to 121x instead of 11x like he's supposed to.

There's a lot more weapons that don't fully work with CO, like the new Incarnon melee projectiles.

There's a lot more mods that don't work properly, like gun CO.

Probably all incarnon weapons have bugged evolutions. Base damage for example also doesn't work with gun CO.

The new Arcane "Secondary shiver" works exactly like gun CO - including the bugs, and including not working on AoE. It's not supposed to according to the description, and it was probably meant to be a multiplicative damage increase instead.

Primary Exhilarate doesn't work on forced impact procs.

I've had power cell carriers not spawn for a long time in excarvation.

Melee dash attacks are prone to teleporting the warframe a short distance to the left or right (even if the specific stances "dash attack" actually has no movement component), causing you to miss your target. This is the main reason I'm not using melee much.

...Let's stop here. There is so, so much more I could write down. I have only even scratched the surface of all the bugs I've experienced in Duviri and the circuit, or the countless bugged abilities and weapons. Or companions. Or... basically literally everything.

Well said. 

On 2023-07-01 at 10:43 PM, kamisama85 said:

Consider the sum of all the bugs in the hotfixe 33.0.1 and form the ratio of all the bugs on the hotfix 33.0.2 to the last hotfix 33.5.4

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Update_33

"If you put 100 bugs into the game with every update, and fix 10 of them over the course of 2 months, personally I don't think that's good enough. But feel free to enjoy your 90 new bugs every couple months."

Traum is being generous with this percentage. 

Edited by Felsagger
  • Like 4

Define "actually new and enjoyable content" and you'll get a different answer depending on who you asked. Plus Duviri isn't even that old yet, just got an expansion, and is slated to get yet more content.

There are no "dead zones" in this game. Every piece of content has the exact same integration into everything else in having some reward/upgrade be it gear, mods, arcanes, or even just mastery. That "useless" resource you have is, in fact, used for something and once you get that something you most likely now have no reason to return to said content. And not returning to something after exhausting their exclusive rewards isn't some phenomenon only found in WF.

In Warframe the bugs are buggy, meaning that most players rarely/never encounter certain ones when other somehow encounter them on the regular. Also every single game has bugs as this is just a fact of coding anything as complex or as long term as a game. Plus bugs are constantly getting fixed anyways.

But yeah good luck in finding a game that caters to your hyper specific case of "actually new content", has no bugs, and whatever you define as "dead end" zones. And do let us know when you find said game as it's as unreal as a literal unicorn.

Edited by trst
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, trst said:

Define "actually new and enjoyable content" and you'll get a different answer depending on who you asked. Plus Duviri isn't even that old yet, just got an expansion, and is slated to get yet more content.

There are no "dead zones" in this game. Every piece of content has the exact same integration into everything else in having some reward/upgrade be it gear, mods, arcanes, or even just mastery. That "useless" resource you have is, in fact, used for something and once you get that something you most likely now have no reason to return to said content. And not returning to something after exhausting their exclusive rewards isn't some phenomenon only found in WF.

In Warframe the bugs are buggy, meaning that most players rarely/never encounter certain ones when other somehow encounter them on the regular. Also every single game has bugs as this is just a fact of coding anything as complex or as long term as a game. Plus bugs are constantly getting fixed anyways.

But yeah good luck in finding a game that caters to your hyper specific case of "actually new content", has no bugs, and whatever you define as "dead end" zones. And do let us know when you find said game as it's as unreal as a literal unicorn.

I want to specifically state here that I ain't going to counter argue. Rather, to make your statement a tad bit more clear. Remember, this is the same community that nerfed overguard on legitimately difficult enemies. 

Remember when games released without any bugs, paid content, or dlc? Or when producers of movies such as terminator 2 wanted to leave it at that?

Want to know why that isn't the case anymore? I'll elaborate.

Let's take the halo franchise for example. Remember how much backlash It got when it got bought out and halo 4 released? And now it's a live service game... lol.

"You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain." People generally purposefully ask for more content from a game, right? Sequels continue the story. 

You know why games release buggy now?

because you don't give the developers enough time to work on their game.

Most games like gta v and some of the halo games were so good because they took years to make yet nowadays this community will *@##$ and moan because they couldn't get content in 2 seconds. 

You think that games that allowed you to focus on the unlockable skins or items focused on that instead of making their game enjoyable? NO. Then why think the same of DE? 

Of course people aren't going to enjoy the content because the players have become so privileged and selfish that nothing pleases them anymore. 

Back in the day I had to drive and go to a public arcade and nowadays people can load up a game in 2 seconds without spending a dime.

Nowadays people accuse video game creators of not making good content on purpose. Unbelievable. The only ones that do ADMIT IT, by the way.

I'm not going to act like the game is perfect but damn is it far from being a cash grab. You want an actual game that prioritizes cosmetics over content? Play destiny 2. 

• Like 3

On 2023-07-02 at 5:36 AM, trst said:

In strict terms new enjoyable content is a content that is playable, introduces new ingredients to the story, introduces new game play elements to the game itself, introduces a good variety of missions, a good variety of weapons, warframes, enemies, improves the performance of the game, improves the quality of life of the game, removes a considerable number of bugs and continues the feedback between clients removing the Heisenberg bugs or bugs that doesn't happen often. New enjoyable content strikes a balance between intrinsics and extrinsic gameplay. The new enjoyable content builds on the story and foster events that happened in in previous contents. New enjoyable content is supported, maintained and NOT ABANDONED into the realm of content islands. 

There were great launches made by DE. This is not something impossible for DE. They had satisfactory enjoyable content launches in the past. We are comparing DE with DE in this argument. The amount of bugs over time increased exponentially. The rush of launching new content, the switch of teams in DE staff, the divided labor force the game is having since Soulsframe is being developed, and the commitment of DE playing their own game for a longer period of time before launch is accentuating the problem of these bugs and their increase in number. 

There are no "dead zones" in this game. Every piece of content has the exact same integration into everything else in having some reward/upgrade be it gear, mods, arcanes, or even just mastery.

Want one content island? Fortuna. 

Want another content island? Deimos.

In other words for you content islands are fiction. Deimos and Fortuna are not "dead zones" in your mind. 

Noted. 

That "useless" resource you have is, in fact, used for something and once you get that something you most likely now have no reason to return to said content. And not returning to something after exhausting their exclusive rewards isn't some phenomenon only found in WF.

In other games you don't have to spend time for fun. In Warframe if you want fun then you have to grind for everything in it or do the pay to skip, pay to rush, pay to progress as the option that DE provides in the stick and carrot system. 

The game is jaded of you go throughout the standard grind. The game becomes a Pay to Play if you decide to deal with the money in it keeping the time sinks and time gates. Is this a phenomenon in Warframe alone? Of course not. This is very common in asiatic countries where this market model is POPULAR. 

In Warframe the bugs are many. 

In Warframe you have the HEISENBUG, or the Heisenberg bugs that are unpredictable and not always are triggered. 

In Warframe you have the recurrent bugs that emerges again when a new update happens. These bugs were fixed previously but they happen again when new update launches. 

In other games you don't have a considerable amount of bugs that makes the game unplayable. Example: Rail Jack Launch and the borderline unplayable status of Duviri when it launched. 

Ask yourself why there are so many bugs in Duviri in just a short amount of time. Why so many hotfixes in comparison to all the other hotfixes of previous launches? There are fixes that has about 200 BUGS. That is just INSANE for just a bug fix in that PARTICULAR content launch. We are not considering the cumulative list of bugs the game has. 

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Update_33

Let me answer that: 

Yes, games has bugs but they are in a state of a satisfactory playability. So let me show you these rare unicorns. Take a look of this set of five unicorns.

Proof:  

So we have here a collection of five rare unicorns. We are not considering PC games or Xbox games. We are considering OLD PS5 exclusives and multi platform games in the PS5 console. We are not mentioning Batman Arkham Knight and God of War Ragnarok. 

We forgot to mention Battlebit Remastered on our list. Since that one is only on PC we are not considering it for these examples. Are these UNICORNS rare, hmm? Some people are informed and aware. Yes bugs can be squashed but the problem is not that only. The problem is the quality of the delivery in every launch. Looks like DE priority is not quality anymore. In 2017 that was a priority. Why not now? 

See? 

On 2023-07-02 at 5:53 AM, (XBOX)Exoni Prime said:

You know why games release buggy now?

because you don't give the developers enough time to work on their game.

That's false. 

1. We do not dictate the timetable of DE. DE decides their own agenda. We can wait for updates, they don't. Why? They need constant revenues. 

2. We do not have control over TENCENT. Tencent dictates their will, money and their politics over their assets. 

3. DE chose the GAAS F2P P2P model. We never forced them to make this decision. They can switch model at any given time or simply break the contract with TENCENT and move elsewhere. However that is not an option DE has. They are OWNED, Yeah, literally OWNED. 

4. Good things takes time. We are willing to give DE time for the polish of their game. However there are other factors that impede such option. I would gladly pay for  a Warframe game that has a good degree of polish off the bat, good fair maintenance and developer support. 

Most games like gta v and some of the halo games were so good because they took years to make yet nowadays this community will *@##$ and moan because they couldn't get content in 2 seconds. 

I can wait 2 years for content in this game. I waited two years for content in Horizon Zero Forbidden west getting Burning shores. 

You think that games that allowed you to focus on the unlockable skins or items focused on that instead of making their game enjoyable? NO. Then why think the same of DE? 

Well, Guerrilla games provides an enjoyable game and fair grind for the skins. 

Well, Santa Monica studio provides an enjoyable game and fair grind for the skins. 

Why we think the same of DE? Well because they have 416 employees now and they are AAA size studio. That's why. 

Of course people aren't going to enjoy the content because the players have become so privileged and selfish that nothing pleases them anymore. 

I'm pleased with Horizon Zero Forbidden west. I'm pleased with Sekiro. I'm pleased with Elden Ring. I'm pleased with Ghost of Tsushima. 

You think that players are not pleased in these current times? 

Nowadays people accuse video game creators of not making good content on purpose. 

Sorry but we are not accusing DE of any crime. We are critiquing DE for what they have DONE in the past and what they are doing now in the game. Accusation and critique are two different concepts entirely. 

I'm not going to act like the game is perfect but damn is it far from being a cash grab.  

It's because the game gives us the impression that is BECOMING a cash grab. That's why the critiques are getting harsher. We have the pay to skip, pay to progress and pay to rush concepts  in this game right now. Isn't that a foreshadowing of being a hardcore CASH GRAB? 

• Like 2

Maybe bugs are just a normal thing nowadays? When I think of games I played in the past, not one of them even comes close to being half as buggy as Warframe. Most of them really had no bugs you'd encounter during normal play except maybe graphic glitches - and we don't even consider these in Warframe, as the gameplay is so aggressively broken already.

The second most buggy game I remember (after Warframe) was Dragon's Age Origins. The game was obviously rushed, as a result there were serious balance issues, several abilities didn't work or weren't worth using, one of the characters only got one "class" instead of 2 at higher levels, and a DLC character would just lock up if you used one of her abilities. Nobody defended this. The verdict was clear; This game isn't done. They didn't do their due dilligence. This is not good, not normal, not acceptable. A shame, really.

But all of this without exception got fixed by fan patches. And of course the game was a masterpiece even with it's bugs.

Where 25% of DAO was a buggy mess, 100% of Warframe is just as bugged. And there's no fan patch coming, nor is DE doing anything about it. Nor is the game a masterpiece - it's got a good, solid core that has long since been abandoned, buried beneath an ever expanding heap of glitter and confetti.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Maybe bugs are just a normal thing nowadays? When I think of games I played in the past, not one of them even comes close to being half as buggy as Warframe. Most of them really had no bugs you'd encounter during normal play except maybe graphic glitches - and we don't even consider these in Warframe, as the gameplay is so aggressively broken already.

The second most buggy game I remember (after Warframe) was Dragon's Age Origins. The game was obviously rushed, as a result there were serious balance issues, several abilities didn't work or weren't worth using, one of the characters only got one "class" instead of 2 at higher levels, and a DLC character would just lock up if you used one of her abilities. Nobody defended this. The verdict was clear; This game isn't done. They didn't do their due dilligence. This is not good, not normal, not acceptable. A shame, really.

But all of this without exception got fixed by fan patches. And of course the game was a masterpiece even with it's bugs.

Where 25% of DAO was a buggy mess, 100% of Warframe is just as bugged. And there's no fan patch coming, nor is DE doing anything about it. Nor is the game a masterpiece - it's got a good, solid core that has long since been abandoned, buried beneath an ever expanding heap of glitter and confetti.

bugs are to be expected, that is normal.

However as a studio that has been updating this game for 10 years straight you'd expect some level of... competency.

I understand the people pointing out OP's hyperbole – wanting a game that is bug-free and has perfect quality – that is simply unrealistic, BUT I can understand OP's frustration at the current state of things which led them to make this post.

I think the main takeaway is that yes, bugs are expected and expecting a game to be absolutely perfect is not realistic.

But as a studio/company that has been running this game for 10 years, there should be a higher level of expectation/a higher standard that we should be holding DE to, when it comes to the quality of the updates they release, in terms of functionality and overall enjoyment, etc.

we cannot just let some things "slide", that's just telling DE that it's ok when it isn't.

Edited by Skoomaseller
  • Like 9

The content that you made, is good. Art is good, lore is good, and gameplay would be incredibly good, if it wasn't for bugs. There are so many bugs that make you lose loot, or lose functionality(both temprorarily and permanently), or lose progress on a mission, that it becomes unbearable to play.

Yesterday, I had to die because I could only move. Also yesterday on void cascade I couldn't capture one of exolizers because it had no portals or whatever those things are called (https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1050759062989570048/1125398075364614184/Warframe0203.jpg) and I had to extract because of that. Today, I lost loot in Duviri because of host migration. I stopped playing Mag a long time ago because her casting speed on 4 is slow, but with increased casting speed she locks her abilities and melee for a few seconds.

And the cherry on top of that is that I can't even submit a ticket to support, because the button just doesn't work. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/503862281030074378/1126092198044254268/2023-07-05_12-06-57.mp4

(also "remember me
" button doesn't work on warframe.com)

All these bugs(except for exoliser, I see it for the 1st time, and support) have been there for months(and some for years) and are still not fixed.

P.S. There are also other new and old annoying/gamebreaking bugs, like invulnerable Boreal, or permanently dying vulpaphylas, or stalker acolytes not appearing after host migration...

Edited by Megazawr
  • Like 4

And that's only surface level bugs that hit you right in the face. If you look deeper everything is bugged. For example Vulpaphylas, not only do they sometimes die for good despite the revival mod, they also don't inherit the warframes status (for example riftbound, invisible) when they do revive. Also their body still lies around for a while upon their death, it just becomes translucent (but you can still see it if you look carefully). Also the larva is bugged, it is unaffected by any and all mods. Also the larva has 1 HP and is probably supposed to be invulnerable. But there are no consequences for it dying so whatever I guess? Also DE proudly announced how you can breed different Vulpaphylas to combine their armor and health types - this doesn't do anything, their types don't even change. Also sometimes the Panzer one just misses with all of it's projectiles permanently until it moves somewhere else.

Everything is bugged.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Megazawr said:

And the cherry on top of that is that I can't even submit a ticket to support, because the button just doesn't work. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/503862281030074378/1126092198044254268/2023-07-05_12-06-57.mp4

Works on my end. What's your browser? Have you tried logging into the main website before going into the support site?

1 hour ago, Megazawr said:

(also "remember me
" button doesn't work on warframe.com)

Try using a different browser or clearing cookies from the one you're using, that's generally what the issue is when this occurs.

1 hour ago, Megazawr said:

There are so many bugs that make you lose loot, or lose functionality(both temprorarily and permanently), or lose progress on a mission, that it becomes unbearable to play.

I'm of a similar mindset - I absolutely get that their team is working hard on stuff and can make good games / are passionate about what they do, but I honestly cannot in good faith recommend a game to my friends that has the giant backlog of bugs that Warframe does, many of which break functionality completely. I would be perfectly fine with a slower content release schedule if they focused on the egregious amounts of long-standing issues, but with how live service games operate I don't see it happening any time soon (it's always prep for this new thing, implement this before a deadline, etc.).

I find it best to just report things on forums as you see them / encounter them, and take things slow; it is, after all, just a game, so I wouldn't take it too seriously. I tend to play a few weeks after releases and then taper off, after I've engaged with the new content I'd like to.

• Like 5