Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next Frame

AtsiaZ

Thanks to the new TennoCon schedule page, we now know the next frame is gonna be "Halloween-themed". What do you guys think they'll make the central design for it? I'm betting something about the Headless Horseman since Reb was also excited that we're finally gonna have a frame that start with "D". Maybe for Dullahan.
https://www.warframe.com/news/tennocon-2023-schedule-revealed

A Dullahan/Fallen Knight frame seems the most probably choice.

We already have a magician (Limbo), a ghost (Wisp), a mummy (Inaros), a vampire (Revenant), a Frankenstein's monster/skeleton (Xaku), a psycho (Garuda), a reaper (Nekros), a wraith (Sevagoth), a chimera (Caliban), a banshee (Well, Banshee) and a lycan (Voruna).

I can't think of other Halloween themed characters. A witch/wizard? A zombie?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Halloween themed frame? Even after we have Nekros, Revenant, Garuda, Xaku, and Sevagoth? 

I'm all for another edgy frame, lets hope it's something interesting (sorcerer frame?), and not something boring like a zombie.

I could get down with a wizard frame... When's the last time we have a legit caster released?

• Like 2

Spider-frame. Hopefully taking more inspiration from other multi-armed fictional characters, defined by the ability to wield many weapons. Hopefully with a more Grineer aesthetic, since they're the only faction without a Warframe directly intertwined with their lore. Caliban, Chroma (with the pelt) & Revenant represent the Sentients, Kullervo was once full-blown Dax, Protea is tied to the Corpus, and Nidus is pure Infestation.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff said:

Spider-frame. Hopefully taking more inspiration from other multi-armed fictional characters, defined by the ability to wield many weapons. Hopefully with a more Grineer aesthetic, since they're the only faction without a Warframe directly intertwined with their lore. Caliban, Chroma (with the pelt) & Revenant represent the Sentients, Kullervo was once full-blown Dax, Protea is tied to the Corpus, and Nidus is pure Infestation.

I wouldn't be surprised at a spider themed frame. It's been brought up for years and could make for some decent gameolay using under utilized systems such as wall latch 

In fear of theme overlap, and knowing Rebecca's obsession... a Dhampir.

But Dullahan has equal footing, and Kaithe riding is now a thing.

Oh sweet Void, the Vampire Hunter D vibes shiver me timbers!

Edited by PsiWarp
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Halloween themed frame? Even after we have Nekros, Revenant, Garuda, Xaku, and Sevagoth? 

how'd you forget Kullervo.. dude literally walks around with knives stuck in him...

inb4 they give the new frame an awful Exalted Kaithe ability...

• Like 1

Halloween themed?

I was thinking of Terraria - which, for whatever reason seems to be more popular on Steam than Warframe - has those two bosses, the Pumpking and the Mourning Wood. Something like that would be neat, whether as frame or as boss.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

how'd you forget Kullervo.. dude literally walks around with knives stuck in him...

inb4 they give the new frame an awful Exalted Kaithe ability...

I was listing the ones that specifically were connected to "Halloween themed stuff"

8 hours ago, FA22_RaptoR said:

I could get down with a wizard frame... When's the last time we have a legit caster released?

Lavos is an alchemist but that's the only frame I can think of that's like "ah yes I specialize in magic, look at all the control I have over my abilities."

Maybe it's a Werewolf Frame.

Edit: but forreal, a "Halloween Style" frame that uses different masks for different buffs in the style of Voruna's passive would be kinda sick. Maybe the different masks can also alter the frame's abilities? Make it a bit more interactive.

Edited by TeaHands

57 minutes ago, TurjanMi.ir said:

Halloween themed?

I was thinking of Terraria - which, for whatever reason seems to be more popular on Steam than Warframe - has those two bosses, the Pumpking and the Mourning Wood. Something like that would be neat, whether as frame or as boss.

Terraria is really good. You should try it if you haven't yet. 

As for the Halloween bosses, they would be some nice themes along with the solar eclipse event which has more "traditional" Halloween enemies. Maybe a Mothron frame to kill 2 birds with one stone by giving us an insect frame?

• Like 1

Honestly imo we don't need more frames. I'd like to see different, new mission types and scenarios. No, not including herding goats. Even a whole new faction of enemies and planets. Or build on Duviri, add some drifter mods or a type of pet "arcane" or genetic enhancement...we don't need new frames. Kaithe mods. Something to do with my many 10s of thousands of sentient cores or the +25 million focus or 1000s of shards I have accumulating dust. Etc. I'd rather have that stuff than a spiderman. 

• Like 2

I could see some Dullahan thing for it. Maybe not a headless horseman, but perhaps a "headless" swordsman that sends his head flying during combat or something. I just hope we wont get a forced Kaithe mechanic on it for a Yareli 2.0 situation.

• Like 1