Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara is the worst grind

Can we talk about how ridiculous farming Ivara is? By far the worst grind in the game so far. I've ran well over 100 spy missions in the last week and I have one Ivara piece. One. The t1 spy missions only took like 20 attempts which is reasonable. IMO. I would even be fine running 40. But I've ran t2 spy missions on Europa an ungodly, stupid amount of times and it just won't end.

Such great content. I love running the same mission over 100 #*!%ing times. And there probably won't be an unremovable stain on spy missions after I ran them 500 times to get one frame, that will make me never want to run them again. No. I doubt that this ridiculously tedious grind that is purposely over-inflated will ruin one of the core game types in the game for me. And that's what you want right? People to not want to play your game?

And the fun I'm having. Oh boy. Im definitely having the time of my life do the same thing, over and over and over and over and over and over and making no actual progress in the game, which is about making progress, trying to get one Warframe. In a game with over 100 frames now is it? It's great ya know. And definitely gives me confidence about the other grinds later on.

Thank God I'm using titania to zip through missions.

I think this is a part of the reason why they did Circuit, they added a timegated route for Ivara. As a way to "alleviate" the grind on some of the more tedious frames in Star Chart. Again fixing a problem they made so they dont have to work too hard on older content lol

• Like 7

Tbh, Ivara is not the worst. You still have a decent chance of getting very useful status mods(fire and cold), there's little bugs there, each run takes like 3 mins solo and a chance to get her part is not that low.

Kullervo, for example, is much harder and longer to grind after the event has ended. Less chance to get him, longer time per run, much more bugs(including the ones that make you lose loot). And unlike Ivara, you can't get him in the curcuit.

Nidus, Harrow and Equinox are also quite tedious to grind, though not nearly as much.

And there's also Trinity, for which each run takes 13-15 mins, and also keys

• Like 1

I have got about 4 ivara sets while doing sorties and some other not related missions.

To farm Khora you have to puposedly run weaker version of ESO.

Some of the base frames are now farmable in the normal Circuit. It may or may not be less frustrating way.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 3

You can get her passively, by the time you clear star chart you could already have parts of her and spy missions tend to be pretty quick if you know what you're doing.

Also pretty sure railjack has her blueprints at a higher drop rate compared to regular star chart, maybe try that if you really went 100 times and didn't get anything.

Edited by (XBOX)C11H22O11

2 hours ago, HowManyWordsFitInThisBox said:

Can we talk about how ridiculous farming Ivara is? By far the worst grind in the game so far. I've ran well over 100 spy missions in the last week and I have one Ivara piece. One. The t1 spy missions only took like 20 attempts which is reasonable. IMO. I would even be fine running 40. But I've ran t2 spy missions on Europa an ungodly, stupid amount of times and it just won't end.

Such great content. I love running the same mission over 100 #*!%ing times. 

Just do circuit if you get ivara in rotation. This is the issue. New players don't have to do the grind anymore and it's disrespectful to existing players.

Circuit should limit to 3 frames total and that's it. Choose one of theee frames each week and a fourth choice of random arcanes if you didn't like any of the three frames offered to hope for a new three next week.

Plus, you'll be doing spy missions forever so don't purposely grind ivara. She will come eventually anyway

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Megazawr said:

Tbh, Ivara is not the worst. You still have a decent chance of getting very useful status mods(fire and cold), there's little bugs there, each run takes like 3 mins solo and a chance to get her part is not that low.

Kullervo, for example, is much harder and longer to grind after the event has ended. Less chance to get him, longer time per run, much more bugs(including the ones that make you lose loot). And unlike Ivara, you can't get him in the curcuit.

Nidus, Harrow and Equinox are also quite tedious to grind, though not nearly as much.

And there's also Trinity, for which each run takes 13-15 mins, and also keys

Without any sort of shop it depends on rng. I've been farming gyre for 2 weeks with no parts. However Nidus dropped in reasonable time.

Sure, stuff like 20m survi of octavia OR equinox 10(?) parts takes more time on average but you can still get them very early.

And kyes for Khella the tame... it's soooo boring & slow. I got 1-2 enemies on whole map. I had no enemies around most of the time.

If you were on Playstation I'd give you an Ivara Prime. 

I got like 4 copies dude it's not a big deal.

1 hour ago, Megazawr said:

You don't get such rewards from sorties. Mb from SP incursions, but not from sorties, archon missions, invasions etc.

I was confused too, but I realized he means spy sorties.

To the people talking about just getting it by doing the star chart like I'm a new player. This account is older then everyone's commenting 😅

My star chart is done. Every quest is done.

I'm in the endgame.

I know about the circuit. I should be able to get Ivara in few hours of gameplay. I shouldn't have to wait for her to pop up on the boring ass circuit.

Edited by HowManyWordsFitInThisBox

5 minutes ago, HowManyWordsFitInThisBox said:

To the people talking about just getting it by doing the star chart like I'm a new player. This account is older then everyone's commenting 😅

My star chart is done. Every quest is done.

I'm in the endgame.

I know about the circuit. I should be able to get Ivara in few hours of gameplay. I shouldn't have to wait for her to pop up on the boring ass circuit.

Have you considered getting her through railjack then? The drop rates are higher

4 hours ago, HowManyWordsFitInThisBox said:

Come on, Ivara wasn't that bad. I got her in like three days. What's her drop rates again?

Hang on it looks like they changed them... Five percent?! The hell DE? Why'd you nerf them so hard?

6 hours ago, HowManyWordsFitInThisBox said:

Can we talk about how ridiculous farming Ivara is? By far the worst grind in the game so far.

Equinox

EDIT:

2 hours ago, HowManyWordsFitInThisBox said:

Also, forum account ≠ game account

Edited by -Krism-

7 hours ago, HowManyWordsFitInThisBox said:

By far the worst grind in the game so far*

you definitely need an asterisk there. the worst grind isn't even for a frame, it's atmo systems on Fortuna. there are plenty of grinds way worse than Ivara, and if all else fails you can simply buy Ivara from the market: can't buy atmo systems, can't buy Medical Debt Bonds if ticker doesn't have them, that's another bad grind..

I'm not saying the system is perfect, it's not, and doing hundreds of runs is never a good time, and sometimes you end up with terrible luck, but spare a thought for others who are actually doing an even worse grind than yours: I'm sure you'll get Ivara eventually, either through spy runs or by selling junk for plat and then buying her. 

Atmo systems just feels bad, but really isn't. its a 10% drop chance and you can spam the 2nd mission in less than 2 minutes.

Its not comparable to say Arum Spinosa part that only drops on some Deimos bounties at 2% and you have to run a whole arcana bounty (and that implies a iso vault as well).

Or the Korrudo that drops with a 5% chance from Doma tusk thumpers, or Xiphos - 0.5% if you get all 2 sabotage caches. Per part.

or many others. In this case, Ivara drops are just stupidly bad luck. I remember running too many Europa missions for Nova's last part. Got to the point where I was stuck looking at the ice wall and thinking "what am I doing". DE has at least put a grind-avoidance system in for recent frames though. But if you can't get one, get the prime version instead and wait for the normal one's parts to drop randomly.

8 hours ago, -Krism- said:

Equinox

EDIT:

Also, forum account ≠ game account

Oh your right. My game account is even older, because I have the operation gate crash emblem, which was September 2014.

And I just got equinox a few weeks ago. It was very unmemorable. I don't even remember what I had to do to get it but it took me longer to build it in the foundry then to get all 6 parts. I just bought the bps from the market for credits I believe.

Edited by HowManyWordsFitInThisBox

17 hours ago, CephalonCarnage said:

Atmo systems just feels bad, but really isn't. its a 10% drop chance and you can spam the 2nd mission in less than 2 minutes.

It is not. It says it is but i managed to run 59 PT p2 missionns without a single Atmo Systems. Plenty of people have similar results.

I don't mean to be mean, but Ivara the worst grind? You have to be kidding me? Ivara just falls in your lap when grinding for the 60/60 mods.

Let's see I have

• Ivara BP -- 41
  • Ivara Chassis -- 18
  • Ivara Neuroptics -- 20
  • Ivara Systems -- 10

I can build 10 Ivaras and I don't even actively farm her! I happened on all of these BPs from passively playing the game... a lot of them from 60/60 mod farming and Stealth kill affinity farming.

Now Harrow or Equinox... maybe Khora... maybe Trinity are just far worse than Ivara. Kullervo is pretty bad too IMO.

4 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

It is not. It says it is but i managed to run 59 PT p2 missionns without a single Atmo Systems. Plenty of people have similar results.

It has a 10% drop chance. The mission to play takes 2 minutes. These are objective facts. It is not the worst by any means.

On 2023-07-08 at 7:13 PM, Shenra said:

Personally I think Caliban is the worst grind especially after they added the ability to get Nidus, Ivara, and a few others in the circuit.

The only frame I bought twice.

I just couldn't. 

And once you're done with the various bps it's that sad resource. Narmer Isoplast. A total of 80 if you want 2 copies.

Nothing like wasting 20-30 minutes and coming out with 2k endo.

At least Kullervo guarantees some clamps, Ivara can get you 60-60 mods...etc.